Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to be Elite Pro to get free shipping on the website with a $35 order, or do a $35 web in store order to get free shipping.
Ah thank you!
I did not see that, and when I tried to view details, it didn't give me more info.

It doesn't say that in the fine print of the image I linked, and that's all the info I have of the deal.

Does anybody know if/how the guaranteed $20 promo would work with the $5 bonus, particularly when trading in multiple games (some on the $20 list, some not)?
No answer, huh? Tried looking if it had already been asked and all I saw was discussion on Prestige Day and the supposed 70% bonus.

Example...

----

Choose a Handling Method:
$8.99 Value - Allow 1 business day for processing. Delivers 4-7 business days after processing.

$9.99 Standard - Allow 1 business day for processing. Delivers 3-5 business days after processing.

$11.99 Two Day - Allow 1 business day for processing. Delivers 2 business days after processing.

$14.99 One Day - Allow 1 business day for processing. Delivers 1 business day after processing.
Product Description Availability Quantity Total Price

Grandia II Usually Ships In 24 Hours 1 $22.49

Carrier Usually Ships In 24 Hours 1 $13.49

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare Usually Ships In 24 Hours 1 $4.50

Dark Souls Remastered Usually Ships In 24 Hours 1 $39.99

and Pre-order

Choose a Handling Method:
$5.00 Express - Pre-order arrives within two business days of release (Business Days: Mon-Fri excluding national holidays)

$10.00 Day One - Pre-order arrives on day of release (Weekend releases arrive the following Business Day)
Product Description Availability Quantity Total Price

Mega Man 11 amiibo Edition - Only at GameStop Pre-order Ships 10/2/2018 1 $59.99

----

They are all in the same cart, no free shipping.

Even more odd, as I said earlier, they separate the shipping cost for the pre-order and used/new games. Charging them separately.
:whistle2:

No answer, huh? Tried looking if it had already been asked and all I saw was discussion on Prestige Day and the supposed 70% bonus.
Get $20 Guaranteed
When trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Offer valid 5/28 - 6/17. Eligible game list valid while respective new title is at or above a $39.99 retail. Purchase value is net after application of eligible trade item. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

And

Get $5 Extra Toward ANY Pre-Order
When you trade a PS4, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch Game.
Offer valid 5/30/18-6/17/18. $5 bonus only valid for PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch game trades toward the pre-order of a new game or collectible. Traded games must have a trade value of at least $2 to qualify. Not valid toward cash trades. Limit one $5 bonus per pre-order. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Get $20 Guaranteed
When trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Offer valid 5/28 - 6/17. Eligible game list valid while respective new title is at or above a $39.99 retail. Purchase value is net after application of eligible trade item. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

And

Get $5 Extra Toward ANY Pre-Order
When you trade a PS4, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch Game.
Offer valid 5/30/18-6/17/18. $5 bonus only valid for PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch game trades toward the pre-order of a new game or collectible. Traded games must have a trade value of at least $2 to qualify. Not valid toward cash trades. Limit one $5 bonus per pre-order. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
Okay, thanks.

Selling over $2k worth of games to gamestop. I think this guy is doing it right, ammmmaaaaaaaaaaaazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvMxHf-D4wI

URL]

Anyone able to sign into the GS app on iOS? I logged out yesterday and been trying to sign back in but kept giving me error. Also tried deleting the app and reinstalling it doesn’t work either. Am able to log into my account online fine, just something weird with the app.
Anyone have any updated help or info on this? I've deleted the app and data, re-downloaded, and still nothing. I'm on an iphone.

"Error. There was a problem attempting to Sign In. Please check your credentials carefully, or try again later."

Same thing is happening to my girlfriend and brother with their accounts.

Anyone have any updated help or info on this? I've deleted the app and data, re-downloaded, and still nothing. I'm on an iphone.

"Error. There was a problem attempting to Sign In. Please check your credentials carefully, or try again later."

Same thing is happening to my girlfriend and brother with their accounts.
Similar experience on Android devices.

Details & suggestions.
Getting the same on my Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 7.1.2. Also tested on a tablet running Android 5.0 and got a different error: "-2 - inflation error." Seemed to be working fine until I logged out and attempted to log back in. Same results with 2 distinct accounts. Can login from web browser with both accounts on both of the aforementioned devices as well as a Windows 10 PC.

Sent an email to [email protected] as that was the listed developer email on the Google Play Store. Received a tier 1 automated response describing what things I can do on the web site.

I would suggest anyone with similar issues email them so they know this is asystolic problem and don't think it's one or two techno-idiots. Also try to include as much detail as possible: hardware model, os version number, app version number, etc.

Anymore word on the 70% bonus? Have Far Cry and some Switch games to trade, think I may hold onto them on Wednesday to see if anything is in the ad. 

Update on login issues.

Email text received:
Hello,

We apologize for the frustration you may have experienced when attempting to access your GameStop.com account through the GS Mobile App. We are currently engaged with our IT Teams on a resolution, but we do not have an ETA. You are still able to access your GameStop.com and PowerUp Rewards accounts through a desktop computer or through the mobile versions of these sites. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Andrea P.
C103648.

GameStop Guest Care 

Basically we don't have a fix and we're not working on it. You're just gonna have to use the website. Enjoy the inconvenience.

Update on login issues.

Email text received:
Hello,

We apologize for the frustration you may have experienced when attempting to access your GameStop.com account through the GS Mobile App. We are currently engaged with our IT Teams on a resolution, but we do not have an ETA. You are still able to access your GameStop.com and PowerUp Rewards accounts through a desktop computer or through the mobile versions of these sites. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Andrea P.
C103648.

GameStop Guest Care

Basically we don't have a fix and we're not working on it. You're just gonna have to use the website. Enjoy the inconvenience.
GS IT department:

OmuwPL.gif

So I'm guessing the "guaranteed $50 worth of value" for pro member promotions each month are a thing of the past now. They mostly always sucked, but they could have at least told people...

So I'm guessing the "guaranteed $50 worth of value" for pro member promotions each month are a thing of the past now. They mostly always sucked, but they could have at least told people...
$50? For pro? Where've you been?

So I'm guessing the "guaranteed $50 worth of value" for pro member promotions each month are a thing of the past now. They mostly always sucked, but they could have
at least told people...
Yes those are gone and are being replaced with more pro day type deals

I've only got 1 preorder and it's not showing on the app, can GS cancel it without me knowing?
I've experienced two reasons why my preorder doesn't show up in the app. First, the expected release date has passed; and, second, the release date got pushed. Check your power up rewards on the web page.

No they’re still around but the only spots they’re advertised are a poster in store near the register & in Game Informer. You don’t get coupons in the app, the discount is applied automatically.

I'm not seeing my Dark Souls switch preorder on the app. I heard the port is having problems so I might just use this an excuse to move the credit to something else. I paid it in full.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I'm not seeing my Dark Souls switch preorder on the app. I heard the port is having problems so I might just use this an excuse to move the credit to something else. I paid it in full.

Because the app is just plain broke. Your preorder is fine.

I need advice or suggestion.

I want a PS4 Pro, and I heard there is going to be a discount of $50 for it on Friday. I plan on trading an old PS3 for the $80 trade in bonus that day.

But I also have a bunch of other stuff I can trade in, and reading through the last few pages I see a rumored 70% trade in bonus possibly coming up on Saturday. 

Should I just trade in what I can on Friday? Is that a waste? 

Or should I wait for Saturday? Problem with that is I feel like I run the risk of the PS4 Pros being sold out waiting a day

with gamestop running the $80 ps3 trade in would they knock any off if I only have a generic controller and not a DS3?
I wish this promo wasn't just for trading towards a PS4. I have a PS3 I have been dying to unload, but regular trade value is only $50. I am tempted to trade towards that new Blue PS4 slim and either swapping it out with my launch system or just hang onto it and flip it, but I doubt I will make any profit doing that.

I want a PS4 Pro, and I heard there is going to be a discount of $50 for it on Friday. I plan on trading an old PS3 for the $80 trade in bonus that day.

But I also have a bunch of other stuff I can trade in, and reading through the last few pages I see a rumored 70% trade in bonus possibly coming up on Saturday.

Or should I wait for Saturday? Problem with that is I feel like I run the risk of the PS4 Pros being sold out waiting a day
There is no way the PS4 Pro will sell out in one day, and if a store does, they can always order one online for you. The Blue LE PS4 on the other hand...

Or should I wait for Saturday? Problem with that is I feel like I run the risk of the PS4 Pros being sold out waiting a day
I grabbed a PS4 pro on Black Friday. The PS4 slims sold out, but not the pros. My guess is you'll be fine if you wait a day.

GS and their fine print. I was thinking of getting Yakuza 0 but the guaranteed $20 TIV is only if the price is $39.99 or more. It's on sale for $29.99 atm.

I think I may have missed something. When is this 70% trade boost supposed to happen and is that just for elite pro members or regular pro too?
No one really knows yet when it will start. It possible it could start tomorrow or it could be next week. All we know is there is some marketing info going around about the 70% but no start date.

I think I may have missed something. When is this 70% trade boost supposed to happen and is that just for elite pro members or regular pro too?
We think it's a teired promo. Like x% for basic, x%+10% for pro, x%+20% for elite. Might even be 30% for 2 games, 40% for 4 games, 50% for 6 games and then add pur % to that. Based on how previous promos have been structured.

Edit: semi-ninjaed.

You're welcome adult male honorific for men under the rank of knighthood nut seeking rodent.
LOL it’s officially called Nuthood though. We fight with sticks and bark shields although I must say they are some sharp sticks! Myself? I’m more of a scholar squirrel... reading books and such... I teach the young fluffy-tails of our history and of our ways.

Spoke with an associate and he told me he thinks the promo has something to do with the Sony play days. He mentioned Friday as a possible start date for the promo.

Also, I've seen a few CAGers ask this before but you're still able to buy southwest gift cards with trade credit. I bought one yesterday after juggling a few of my pre-orders and leftover credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back