Gamestop Power Saver Sale: 12/10-12/19 B2G1 Free Used PS2/ 50% Bonus Trade In Live

Sa2vador

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey CAG! As title states Gamestop has a big sale coming up. Dates are 12/10-12/19 with certain games and promotions only valid for certain days. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

UPDATES!!!!

Items that have been struck through are no longer part of the sale. Applies to 2nd post also.

B2G1 Free on used games/accessories only Valid from 12/10-12/12
50% Bonus Trade on games valid from 12/12-12/19 (This stacks with Power-Up Pro Card for 60% extra)
[PS2 Pre-owned extra 10% off valid from 12/12-12/19 (Also stacks with Pro Card for 20% off)
NOTE: This may be valid from 12/10 since the ad on the last page says it stacks with the B2G1 free. It just won't be advertised until the 12/12. Thanks stiner.

New Additions:
Buy ANY used system and get a FREE 1-year warranty Valid from 12/10-??? Usually runs $9.99-$39.99 for a warranty.

12/12-12/19??? B2G1 Free on JUST Pre-owned PS2 games. Used PS2 systems can be used in conjunction with this! The only catch is that the Used PS2 cannot be the free item so you can't by 3 PS2 systems and get one free.

ALL ITEMS LISTED ARE NEW

Valid from 12/10-12/19

Save $5

Alpha and Omega (DS)
Backyard Sports: Sandlot Sluggers (DS,360,Wii)
Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis (Ds,Wii)

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP)

Alone in the Dark (360)

PC
Witcher

Save $15

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light DS
MAG PS3

Save $30

GH: Warriors of Rock Guitar Bundle (360,PS3,Wii)
Tom Clancy's Hawx 2 (360,PS3)
White Knight Chronicles PS3

Save $20

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition (PS3,360)
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 w/ gun (360,PS3,Wii)
EA Sports MMA (PS3,360)
James Bond: Blood Stone (PS3,360)
Spiderman; Shattered Dimensions (PS3,360)
Monster Jam 2 w/ wheel (Wii)

Front Mission Evolved (PS3,360,PC)

Following are all PC:

Crayola Creative Studio
Fallen Earth Blood Sport
Final Fantasy XIV (Standard and Collector's Version)
WOW: Battlechest
WOW: Wrath of the Lich King

Save $10

:ds:

Ataria Greatest Hits
Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush
Bakugan: Defenders of the Core
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Mobilized
Elebits
Grease
Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar
iCarly 2
Marvel Super Hero Squad Infinity
Puzzle Chronicles
Rooms: The Main Building

:psp:

Marvel Super Hero Squad
Puzzle Chronicles
Spongebob: Truth or Square

:360:

Backbreaker Football
Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition
FIFA Soccer 2011
GTA IV: Complete Edition
Madden NFL 2011
Medal of Honor
MySims Sky Heroes
Naughty Bear
NBA Jam
NCAA Football 2011
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
NHL 2011
Power Gig: Rise of the Six String
Red Dead Redemption
Rock Band 3
Sims 3
Tiger Woods 2011

:wii:

Bakugan: Defenders of the Core
Bass Pro Shop: The Strike w/ Rod and Reel
Bass Pro Shop: The Hunt Bundle
Cabela's MOnster Buck w/ gun
Call of Duty 3
FIFA Soccer 2011
Grease
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
Hooked Again w/; Fishing Rod
Little League World Series
Madden NFL 2011
MySims Sky Heroes
NBA Jam
NHL Slapshot
Rock Band 3
Rooms: The Main Building
Sims 3
Tiger Woods 2011
Wipe Out

:ps3:

Backbreaker Football
Call of Duty: World at War
FIFA Soccer 2011
GTA IV: Complete Edition
Madden NFL 2011
Medal of Honor
MySims Sky Heroes
Naughty Bear
NBA Jam
NCAA Football 2011
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
NHL 2011
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Power Gig: Rise of the Six String
Red Dead Redemption
Rock Band 3
Sims 3
Tiger Woods 2011

:pc:

Hank Haney World Golf
Medal of Honor
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Sims 3 Deluxe
Sims 3 Late Night

Halo 3 Strategy Guide (WTF?!?!?!)

These are Valid from 12/12-12/19

Save $10

:ds:

My Baby & Friends 3
Penquins of Madagascar
Sonic COlors

:360:

Dragon Ball Raging Blast
Game Party (Kinect Game)
Halo Reach
Splatterhouse (New Addition
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw (2011 I believe)
Zumba Fitness

:wii:

Sonic Colors
Zumba Fitness

:ps3:

Dragon Ball Raging Blast
Splatterhouse (New Addition)
WWE Smackdown VS Raw (2011 I believe)
Zumba Fitness

Turtle Beach X11 Headset

Save $20

Fable 3
Lego Universe

Other Deals

UPDATED
Rock Band Beatles LE Bundle - 99.99 :ps3: :360:
Tony Hawk Shred - Save $30 (49.99) :360: :ps3: :wii:
DJ Hero 2 Bundle (Not Party Bundle)- Save $ 30 (49.99) :360: :ps3: :wii:
PSP go - Save $50 (149.99)
Xbox 360 External 20GB HDD - Save $10 (39.99)

Save $5 on Babysitting Mama for Wii

Save $20 on Uncharted 2 GOTY with puchase of a new PS3 System

Save $20 when you by any 2 of the following new Wii games:

Just Dance 2
Michael Jackson Experience
Just Dance Kids
Just Dance
Dance on Broadway

B1G1 50% off Select Lego Games:

Lego Batman :ds: :psp: :wii: :ps3: :pc:
Lego Battle :ds:
Lego Harry Potter (Collector's Edition also applicable) :ds: :psp: :360: :wii: :ps3: :pc:
Lego: Rock Band :ds: :360: :wii: :ps3:

Valid From 12/12-12/19:

Free plushie with Fling Smash :wii: purchase
Free Rudolf plush with purchase of Rudolf DS game

Valid From 12/12-12/13

UPDATE! Now Valid Through 12/12-12/19!

Free $10 Gift Card with purchase of One of these games:

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Wii Party

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='genfuyung']So if I go and get the 3 games that I want from the sale today and then go back friday and ask for a price adjustment, will they do it?[/QUOTE]

YMMV. You should be able to but there are some cases were they might not.

I bought 2 sets of 2 games that I plan on returning this week to get the B2G1. Basically just moving stock from one store to another.

[quote name='dino88']...I'm assuming that 20% coupon is for online only.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing...

So i am guessing that you can get 40% off of PS2 games with an edge card or whatever they're called this weekend...With the B2G1 and each game getting 10% off...

the buy and rebuy thing some of you ask of; ymmv as to how happy they are to give you back money/cred, but so long as its within the 7 day timeframe, there shouldn't be a problem... though they love doing everything in one go, it's better to get a refund for the lowest priced game of the set, and then say that you want to return those to get that lower priced one free... usually not a problem, so long as the ppl aren't extreme jerkasses, but then, this is gs we're talking about, lol...
and for everyone else, i can almost guarantee that prices will go back to retail today so you only get certain games for 10 of the original price of 50/60, not the 20 price...

[quote name='dustdust']Same here. I'm just waiting for their Christmas sales to come by and then pick up some cheaper games then.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Although I will be trading in some games on the 10th to take advantage of that 60% bonus credit.

Reminder: based on the ad, the 50%(60% with PowerUp) trade bonus starts on Sunday the 12th. The sale starts on the 10th. I didn't really notice that until today.

Hmm... 50% boost is tempting. I won a copy of GT5 and I don't want it, but even with the boost, it would only net me $37 for a sealed copy. Seems kind of rough.

Here's my plan:
Rock Band 3, Blur, and RB Green Day for $80 - $8 for PU = $72 + tax
Blood Stone, MW2, World at War = $60 - $6 = $54 + tax
End War, CoD3. Assassins Creed = $20 - $2 = $18 + tax
HAWX 2, Modern Warfare 1, GH Aerosmith = $20 - $2 = $18 + tax
MLB 2k8, Rock Band 1, random game = $10-$16 = $9-$14 + tax

Total is around $188 after tax.

OK guys. As guessed GS has changed some of the stuff for the Power Saver sale. Some stuff has come off while other stuff has been added. I will have the list later tonight.

Also, at the beginning of the sale there are to have some Kinects (standalone) and 4GB Xbox 360 S. So if you are looking for these check with your store at the start of the sale.

And lastly, if you are a PUR member you can get the B2G1 free starting tomorrow at 1:00 PM with your Power Up Rewards (PUR) card! That's right, get a day head start and avoid the weekend mob! All you need is your PUR card or they can look it up in the store and it will do the sale.

[quote name='Sa2vador']OK guys. As guessed GS has changed some of the stuff for the Power Saver sale. Some stuff has come off while other stuff has been added. I will have the list later tonight.

Also, at the beginning of the sale there are to have some Kinects (standalone) and 4GB Xbox 360 S. So if you are looking for these check with your store at the start of the sale.

And lastly, if you are a PUR member you can get the B2G1 free starting tomorrow at 1:00 PM with your Power Up Rewards (PUR) card! That's right, get a day head start and avoid the weekend mob! All you need is your PUR card or they can look it up in the store and it will do the sale.[/QUOTE]

Please...let Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition still be $20.

[quote name='Sa2vador']
And lastly, if you are a PUR member you can get the B2G1 free starting tomorrow at 1:00 PM with your Power Up Rewards (PUR) card! That's right, get a day head start and avoid the weekend mob! All you need is your PUR card or they can look it up in the store and it will do the sale.[/QUOTE]

How about the 50% extra trade-in? Do we get a head start on that for PUR?

I was looking at used Tomb Raider Underworld PS3. The price jumped from $8.99 to $19.99. Looks like they are gearing up for the B2G1 free weekend. :bomb:

[quote name='yglin']I was looking at used Tomb Raider Underworld PS3. The price jumped from $8.99 to $19.99. Looks like they are gearing up for the B2G1 free weekend. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Good ol Gamestop.

I've got my targets all organized by price. I'm going to attempt to buy in sets of three featuring games from the same group.

Group A: Super Mario Galaxy, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Metroid Other M, Toy Story 3, Wii Party, Time Crisis Rising Storm, Goldeneye, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Epic Mickey

Group B: Valkyria Chronicles 2, Modnation Racers, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Group C: God of War 3, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Naughty Bear

Now, me dillemma. With the Power up card + 20% off which expires tonight, I could right now get all of the games on this list that are in stock at gamestop.com used for $289.51 (regular price $383.89). The games are: Galaxy 2, Other M, Time Crisis, God of War 3, Mod Nation, Tatunoko, Naughty Bear, Epic Yarn, KH: BBS, Toy Story 3, and GoldenEye.

What would you guys do? Buy the games I can now before 20% off expires, then go to B2G1 and see if I can find the remaining few? Or hold off on ordering and try buying all of them from B2G1, most likely in-store with no cag16 or anything of the like?

I'm not math wizard and with "online price only" im not sure what the price difference would be. Any help would be very appreciated.

[quote name='jojoschump2000']Fyi: You can use the get in store link online if you want to see the in-store price and locations of the games you ate interested in.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I just did that. After tax, if I added my math up correctly, I would be paying 20 bucks more online than I would in store BEFORE the PowerUp discount. I'm going to hold off for now and do the best I can to match games priced similarly together.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I've got my targets all organized by price. I'm going to attempt to buy in sets of three featuring games from the same group.

Group A: Super Mario Galaxy, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Metroid Other M, Toy Story 3, Wii Party, Time Crisis Rising Storm, Goldeneye, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Epic Mickey

Group B: Valkyria Chronicles 2, Modnation Racers, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Group C: God of War 3, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Naughty Bear

Now, me dillemma. With the Power up card + 20% off which expires tonight, I could right now get all of the games on this list that are in stock at gamestop.com used for $289.51 (regular price $383.89). The games are: Galaxy 2, Other M, Time Crisis, God of War 3, Mod Nation, Tatunoko, Naughty Bear, Epic Yarn, KH: BBS, Toy Story 3, and GoldenEye.

What would you guys do? Buy the games I can now before 20% off expires, then go to B2G1 and see if I can find the remaining few? Or hold off on ordering and try buying all of them from B2G1, most likely in-store with no cag16 or anything of the like?

I'm not math wizard and with "online price only" im not sure what the price difference would be. Any help would be very appreciated.[/QUOTE]

If I remember awhile back, as long as all the games you get are about the same price the B2G1 ends up better but by only a fraction of a percent. But the more you buy the more that fraction adds up of course. Also, figure in shipping and in store B2G1 is better unless you can get the free shipping.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I just called my gamestop...they again told me no B2G1 this weekend. WTF[/QUOTE]

Technically, we're not supposed to say anything until the sale starts.

Dang, too bad the trade-in bonus doesn't start early. Not sure if there's anything I want for B2G1 this time around.

Is the b2g1 going to be online too? I scanned this entire topic and saw that it was asked but not answered. I could be wrong. I'm not being lazy. Thanks guys.

[quote name='gorebago']Is the b2g1 going to be online too? I scanned this entire topic and saw that it was asked but not answered. I could be wrong. I'm not being lazy. Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

Don't know. None of the documents I have mention the B2G1 online or any of the prices to be honest. I'll keep you guys posted if I can figure it out.

[quote name='nakanenui']Waiting for the east coasters to post that B2G1 starts today if you have a PUR card, T-3 hours.[/QUOTE]

I thought it started 12/10?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I thought it started 12/10?[/QUOTE]
Read the title of the thread.

So is it safe to assume that Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is only going to be 9.99 when this sale starts? It is listed new right now for 19.99. That would be a steal, IMO. Any info or thoughts?

Could I sign up for PUR at the store today and get in on the deal, or is this for existing members only? I want to finally use the rest of my credit on my EDGE card. They didn't have this newfangled PUR when I signed up for EDGE. lol

I've never been to Gamestop for this sale, and had some questions: if I see some of the stuff I want available online at my local store, and I think a lot of people might be looking for it during this sale, should I do the In Store Pickup thing for it online where they hold/reserve it for you so that nobody else can get it?

What info do you have to give them for them to hold games for you (payment info) with the Pick Up at store thing?

If I reserve three games online today then pick them tomorrow from my store, will they still give them to me for the B2G1 deal, or will I be locked into buying all three games at their regular price since I reserved them when the sale was not in session? Thanks.

Called my store just now. They aren't sure about the deal starting today at 1pm for PUR members, but it could ring up. Also, they told me I should bring my old games to trade in.

[quote name='Geb']Could I sign up for PUR at the store today and get in on the deal, or is this for existing members only? I want to finally use the rest of my credit on my EDGE card. They didn't have this newfangled PUR when I signed up for EDGE. lol[/QUOTE]

You can sign up in store and get the deal. If you already have an EDGE subscription then it's a free roll into the PUR Pro card.

[quote name='CENNY']I've never been to Gamestop for this sale, and had some questions: if I see some of the stuff I want available online at my local store, and I think a lot of people might be looking for it during this sale, should I do the In Store Pickup thing for it online where they hold/reserve it for you so that nobody else can get it?

What info do you have to give them for them to hold games for you (payment info) with the Pick Up at store thing?

If I reserve three games online today then pick them tomorrow from my store, will they still give them to me for the B2G1 deal, or will I be locked into buying all three games at their regular price since I reserved them when the sale was not in session? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Do the in store pickup. I think if you have a Gamestop/PUR account you can just use that for the info they require. I did one and basically they need your name and e-mail so that way once they find the item they can email you saying it's ready to pick up. Also, you don't need to pay anything or give any payment info on the site since they assume you'll be paying in store.

And lastly, you get the price in store regardless. Whenever you do a pick up in store it just shows what games you want on hold, not what transaction you are doing. So tomorrow when you pick them up you take advantage of the store price and B2G1.

[quote name='Sa2vador']You can sign up in store and get the deal. If you already have an EDGE subscription then it's a free roll into the PUR Pro card.[/QUOTE]
Sweet, thanks for that info. I think I'll do an in-store pick-up today and sign up when I get to the register.

Star Ocean: Last Hope International, Just Cause 2, and...what else? I was thinking Saboteur, but there might be a GF sale on it later. No More Heroes 2? I had it, never played, traded it in, so I'm not sure if I wanna chance it again.

Star Ocean: Last Hope International, Just Cause 2, and...what else? I was thinking Saboteur, but there might be a GF sale on it later. No More Heroes 2? I had it, never played, traded it in, so I'm not sure if I wanna chance it again.

FME, demon souls

[quote name='Rollobobo']So is it safe to assume that Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is only going to be 9.99 when this sale starts? It is listed new right now for 19.99. That would be a steal, IMO. Any info or thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Used price for a $20 new game at Gamestop is going to be $18.

Used price for a $20 new game at Gamestop is going to be $18.

he means its listed as $10 off with the power save sale so $19.99-$10. unless they raise the price which is a good possibility.

I really wish the OP would list the prices and not $$ off, hard to tell what will be a deal or not. 20 dollars off a 59.99 game is very different than if GS normally sells it for 40

I just got back from a GameStop in beautiful Alpharetta, GA and was told there that the B2G1 sale doesn't start until tomorrow, even for the PU members.

[quote name='Sa2vador']
Do the in store pickup. I think if you have a Gamestop/PUR account you can just use that for the info they require. I did one and basically they need your name and e-mail so that way once they find the item they can email you saying it's ready to pick up. Also, you don't need to pay anything or give any payment info on the site since they assume you'll be paying in store.

And lastly, you get the price in store regardless. Whenever you do a pick up in store it just shows what games you want on hold, not what transaction you are doing. So tomorrow when you pick them up you take advantage of the store price and B2G1.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, I'm gonna go ahead and put my three games on hold.

I'll head out and confirm within the hour and hopefully will get the stuff for what has been changed on the sale list. Sorry about this guys.

At my store in Rochester MN, I was told by an associate that there was a B2G1 available today for PUR members only. So, I'm guessing you guys are running into d-bags.

I just got back from my local store. There were no signs posted, but the Manager knew about it when asked. The deal was in the computer when they rang me up, and it was for both games and accessories.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']I noticed several 360 games like Gears of War and Lost Planet are only 4.99 right now. Is this online only or is it also in-store?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I find recent price drops haven't been updated at the local store.

I'm planning on stocking up on some cheap games

$4.99
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Dark Sector
Timeshift
Conan

$3.99
Rock Band

bread's done
Back