Gamestop Power Saver Sale: 12/10-12/19 B2G1 Free Used PS2/ 50% Bonus Trade In Live

Sa2vador

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey CAG! As title states Gamestop has a big sale coming up. Dates are 12/10-12/19 with certain games and promotions only valid for certain days. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

UPDATES!!!!

Items that have been struck through are no longer part of the sale. Applies to 2nd post also.

B2G1 Free on used games/accessories only Valid from 12/10-12/12
50% Bonus Trade on games valid from 12/12-12/19 (This stacks with Power-Up Pro Card for 60% extra)
[PS2 Pre-owned extra 10% off valid from 12/12-12/19 (Also stacks with Pro Card for 20% off)
NOTE: This may be valid from 12/10 since the ad on the last page says it stacks with the B2G1 free. It just won't be advertised until the 12/12. Thanks stiner.

New Additions:
Buy ANY used system and get a FREE 1-year warranty Valid from 12/10-??? Usually runs $9.99-$39.99 for a warranty.

12/12-12/19??? B2G1 Free on JUST Pre-owned PS2 games. Used PS2 systems can be used in conjunction with this! The only catch is that the Used PS2 cannot be the free item so you can't by 3 PS2 systems and get one free.

ALL ITEMS LISTED ARE NEW

Valid from 12/10-12/19

Save $5

Alpha and Omega (DS)
Backyard Sports: Sandlot Sluggers (DS,360,Wii)
Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis (Ds,Wii)

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP)

Alone in the Dark (360)

PC
Witcher

Save $15

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light DS
MAG PS3

Save $30

GH: Warriors of Rock Guitar Bundle (360,PS3,Wii)
Tom Clancy's Hawx 2 (360,PS3)
White Knight Chronicles PS3

Save $20

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition (PS3,360)
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 w/ gun (360,PS3,Wii)
EA Sports MMA (PS3,360)
James Bond: Blood Stone (PS3,360)
Spiderman; Shattered Dimensions (PS3,360)
Monster Jam 2 w/ wheel (Wii)

Front Mission Evolved (PS3,360,PC)

Following are all PC:

Crayola Creative Studio
Fallen Earth Blood Sport
Final Fantasy XIV (Standard and Collector's Version)
WOW: Battlechest
WOW: Wrath of the Lich King

Save $10

:ds:

Ataria Greatest Hits
Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush
Bakugan: Defenders of the Core
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Mobilized
Elebits
Grease
Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar
iCarly 2
Marvel Super Hero Squad Infinity
Puzzle Chronicles
Rooms: The Main Building

:psp:

Marvel Super Hero Squad
Puzzle Chronicles
Spongebob: Truth or Square

:360:

Backbreaker Football
Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition
FIFA Soccer 2011
GTA IV: Complete Edition
Madden NFL 2011
Medal of Honor
MySims Sky Heroes
Naughty Bear
NBA Jam
NCAA Football 2011
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
NHL 2011
Power Gig: Rise of the Six String
Red Dead Redemption
Rock Band 3
Sims 3
Tiger Woods 2011

:wii:

Bakugan: Defenders of the Core
Bass Pro Shop: The Strike w/ Rod and Reel
Bass Pro Shop: The Hunt Bundle
Cabela's MOnster Buck w/ gun
Call of Duty 3
FIFA Soccer 2011
Grease
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
Hooked Again w/; Fishing Rod
Little League World Series
Madden NFL 2011
MySims Sky Heroes
NBA Jam
NHL Slapshot
Rock Band 3
Rooms: The Main Building
Sims 3
Tiger Woods 2011
Wipe Out

:ps3:

Backbreaker Football
Call of Duty: World at War
FIFA Soccer 2011
GTA IV: Complete Edition
Madden NFL 2011
Medal of Honor
MySims Sky Heroes
Naughty Bear
NBA Jam
NCAA Football 2011
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
NHL 2011
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Power Gig: Rise of the Six String
Red Dead Redemption
Rock Band 3
Sims 3
Tiger Woods 2011

:pc:

Hank Haney World Golf
Medal of Honor
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Sims 3 Deluxe
Sims 3 Late Night

Halo 3 Strategy Guide (WTF?!?!?!)

These are Valid from 12/12-12/19

Save $10

:ds:

My Baby & Friends 3
Penquins of Madagascar
Sonic COlors

:360:

Dragon Ball Raging Blast
Game Party (Kinect Game)
Halo Reach
Splatterhouse (New Addition
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw (2011 I believe)
Zumba Fitness

:wii:

Sonic Colors
Zumba Fitness

:ps3:

Dragon Ball Raging Blast
Splatterhouse (New Addition)
WWE Smackdown VS Raw (2011 I believe)
Zumba Fitness

Turtle Beach X11 Headset

Save $20

Fable 3
Lego Universe

Other Deals

UPDATED
Rock Band Beatles LE Bundle - 99.99 :ps3: :360:
Tony Hawk Shred - Save $30 (49.99) :360: :ps3: :wii:
DJ Hero 2 Bundle (Not Party Bundle)- Save $ 30 (49.99) :360: :ps3: :wii:
PSP go - Save $50 (149.99)
Xbox 360 External 20GB HDD - Save $10 (39.99)

Save $5 on Babysitting Mama for Wii

Save $20 on Uncharted 2 GOTY with puchase of a new PS3 System

Save $20 when you by any 2 of the following new Wii games:

Just Dance 2
Michael Jackson Experience
Just Dance Kids
Just Dance
Dance on Broadway

B1G1 50% off Select Lego Games:

Lego Batman :ds: :psp: :wii: :ps3: :pc:
Lego Battle :ds:
Lego Harry Potter (Collector's Edition also applicable) :ds: :psp: :360: :wii: :ps3: :pc:
Lego: Rock Band :ds: :360: :wii: :ps3:

Valid From 12/12-12/19:

Free plushie with Fling Smash :wii: purchase
Free Rudolf plush with purchase of Rudolf DS game

Valid From 12/12-12/13

UPDATE! Now Valid Through 12/12-12/19!

Free $10 Gift Card with purchase of One of these games:

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Wii Party

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']I really wish the OP would list the prices and not $$ off, hard to tell what will be a deal or not. 20 dollars off a 59.99 game is very different than if GS normally sells it for 40[/QUOTE]

Agreed, can this happen please? thanks

FYI, I just got an email from the PUR program saying that there IS a B2G1 today from 1 PM - closing for PUR members only.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Agreed, can this happen please? thanks[/QUOTE]

As stated previously, I will once I have a firm list. The GS lists I have only list the SAVE amount and not the sale amount which means I got to go onto the GS site to check prices.

[quote name='dabamus']FYI, I just got an email from the PUR program saying that there IS a B2G1 today from 1 PM - closing for PUR members only.[/QUOTE]

just got the same email as well

I had no trouble taking advantage of the B2G1 today in Cary, NC.

BTW, if anyone is looking to turn some GS credit into [what i think is] more useful Amazon credit, Star Ocean The Last Hope (PS3) is $17.99 used at GS (before Powerup discount) and is trading at Amazon for $19.50. I couldn't find a 3rd game I wanted, so I got this and immediately submitted it to Amazon.

Alright guys, unfortunately my contact's boss was there so he couldn't print me out a list of what has changed on the sale but from the looks of it a lot of it has changed. Some noteworthy omissions are:

Battlefield Bad Company 2
EA Sports MMA
Front Mission Evolved

Both the New and Used versions have been removed from the sale. I'll try again tomorrow to get the list and update the OP.

[quote name='sa2vador']alright guys. Unfortunately my contacts boss was there so he couldn't print me out a list of what has changed on the sale but from the looks of it a lot of it has changed. Some noteworthy omissions are:

battlefield bad company 2

ea sports mma
front mission evolved

both the new and used versions have been removed from the sale. I'll try again tomorrow to get the list and update the op.[/quote]

ugh the only thing i wanted why gods whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

[quote name='Sa2vador']Alright guys, unfortunately my contact's boss was there so he couldn't print me out a list of what has changed on the sale but from the looks of it a lot of it has changed. Some noteworthy omissions are:

EA Sports MMA
Front Mission Evolved

Both the New and Used versions have been removed from the sale. I'll try again tomorrow to get the list and update the OP.[/QUOTE]

MAG is still $15 right?

[quote name='dabamus']Any idea if blood stone was removed?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chw2006']MAG is still $15 right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sa2vador']Alright guys, unfortunately my contact's boss was there so he couldn't print me out a list of what has changed on the sale but from the looks of it a lot of it has changed. Some noteworthy omissions are:

EA Sports MMA
Front Mission Evolved

Both the New and Used versions have been removed from the sale. I'll try again tomorrow to get the list and update the OP.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember everything hence the previous post.

Alright I know what the OP says but WTF is going on LOL?

We've got people saying that their stores know nothing about a B2G1 , some say they know about it but its 1pm to close (one day only then????), the OP says from 1pm Dec 9 and then it goes on saying that the B2G1 is from DEC 10-DEC12....WHAT?

I am going to go to a store right now and see whats up. If I get it great. I'll then try tomorrow again but in the end......

What the hell is going on?!?!? I'd like to know for sure before I waste my gas/time going to these places and get rejected and/or have a ninja trick pulled on me like the time they changed the website a few hours before hand and the B2G1 became online only.

I went to a couple stores here. (North Carolina). The sale is going on for PRU members but most managers don't know about it starting today. When they ring you up and then scan your card thats when the b2g1Free rings up.

One store the manager actually got mad when I told him its already in the system and he swore it wasn't. Then when he scanned the card and saw that it was he started throwing stuff on the floor. I grabbed my three games and walked out. So it is working if you have power up rewards card.

I walked into gamestop today and it worked fine. Although the employees had no idea but they asked the manager and he said yes.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Alright I know what the OP says but WTF is going on LOL?

We've got people saying that their stores know nothing about a B2G1 , some say they know about it but its 1pm to close (one day only then????), the OP says from 1pm Dec 9 and then it goes on saying that the B2G1 is from DEC 10-DEC12....WHAT?

I am going to go to a store right now and see whats up. If I get it great. I'll then try tomorrow again but in the end......

What the hell is going on?!?!? I'd like to know for sure before I waste my gas/time going to these places and get rejected and/or have a ninja trick pulled on me like the time they changed the website a few hours before hand and the B2G1 became online only.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the B2G1 is going on now if you have a PUR card but JUST the B2G1. For anyone who doesn't have a PUR card the B2G1 starts tomorrow with the Power Saver sale.

Anyone heard anything about this working online? I want to bite but I hate to drive 20 mins to the closest gamestop just to see if they have anything.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Anyone heard anything about this working online? I want to bite but I hate to drive 20 mins to the closest gamestop just to see if they have anything.[/QUOTE]

Where the hell do you live that it takes 20mins for the closest Gamestop? there's like 5 where I live within that radius.

[quote name='gokou36']Where the hell do you live that it takes 20mins for the closest Gamestop? there's like 5 where I live within that radius.[/QUOTE]

how about those of us stationed overseas?

[quote name='gokou36']Where the hell do you live that it takes 20mins for the closest Gamestop? there's like 5 where I live within that radius.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is once you drive that 20 mins there are 3 gamestops within 5 mins of eachother. Within like a 4 mile radius is all 3, but yet on the other side of toledo, near the rich areas at that....not a single one!

Ok so after looking at my original list, I cut it down some. I left a few off for Christmas present purposes, and I took some off that I decided I really wasn't going to play. Also got rid of a few I figure will just go down in price. What I hope to come out of this B2G1 with some mix of:

Metroid Other M
GoldenEye 007
Epic Mickey
Time Crisis Razing Storm
Mario Galaxy 2
Modnation Racers
Donkey Kong Country Returns

And i'll use any of the others that were on my list as 'third games' if i absolutley must.

So who is the guy who bought all the FME's from the Santa Ana, CA store today... there were at least 4-5 copies on the shelf. C'mon and fess up. Oh well.

Was able to do my return rebuy and use my PUR card to get B2G1F on my previous purchases, saved over $30. Turned around and bought a new Star Ocean, gutted of course, but good luck finding a sealed one...

Happy hunting cause this is all over the net and the FW/SD crowd always cleans the stores out and leaves dregs, if that.

Saw the list of games- heres the some of the best deals tomorrow-
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 PS3- $10
Ninja Gaiden 2- $10

[quote name='nakanenui']
Happy hunting cause this is all over the net and the FW/SD crowd always cleans the stores out and leaves dregs, if that.[/QUOTE]

Not to be mean here, but why are those guys such douchebags when it comes to this stuff? Whereas a lot of people actually help each other out here, and for the most part buy 1-2, maybe an extra to sell to compensate their expense, those guys over there are el hoardos?

[quote name='mr_bungle']Not to be mean here, but why are those guys such douchebags when it comes to this stuff? Whereas a lot of people actually help each other out here, and for the most part buy 1-2, maybe an extra to sell to compensate their expense, those guys over there are el hoardos?[/QUOTE]

Because most everyone who comes to this niche site is an actual gamer. I'd guesstimate that a good 75% of new users that stumble upon CAG, do so after a gamer friend or gamer website tells them about it.

Slickdeals and Fatwallet, on the other hand, are filled with people who are just getting on the internet to find deals. Nothing more/less. So, you get a lot of soccer moms and rich old men buying everything up. And if they don't want something, you can bet the poor college kid is looking for ways to buy and flip (or return-fraud) and item to pull in some extra drinking $$$.

It really does suck. I agree.

Makes sense. My dad uses SD sometimes, but he actually looks for deals. I get the whole buying/trading thing from him. For instance though, if he saw a GPS on sale at a good price he might buy one for himself then sell his old one since the new one has updated maps or something. If all of SD/FW members thought that way, we might get it on a few more deals ourselves :lol:

[quote name='DesertLeo']how about those of us stationed overseas?[/QUOTE]

Deals in this thread work overseas too?

[quote name='mattcube64']Because most everyone who comes to this niche site is an actual gamer. I'd guesstimate that a good 75% of new users that stumble upon CAG, do so after a gamer friend or gamer website tells them about it.

Slickdeals and Fatwallet, on the other hand, are filled with people who are just getting on the internet to find deals. Nothing more/less. So, you get a lot of soccer moms and rich old men buying everything up. And if they don't want something, you can bet the poor college kid is looking for ways to buy and flip (or return-fraud) and item to pull in some extra drinking $$$.

It really does suck. I agree.[/QUOTE]

You are wrong. CAG has been flipping since 2005. Everyone here shuns SD/FW when they hoard but its ok for CAGs to hoard and flip!

I love the cag community and how we always help eachother out ;) I try to spread the cag word to all my buddies so we all get more games for less and i love the sharing of information. Thanx Cag!

I like keeping the gaming stuff on CAG. I personally dont share shit on FW or SD. The whole nature of the beast, greed, means if you can get yours before someone else can get theirs, its a win. I love how most people on CAG are friendly enough to share deals and even games at fair prices. On the flip side, there are hoarders here, so if you secretly hoard just dont brag about it or you are going to get shunned pretty quickly.

I have already taken full advantage of this sale and could not be happy with what i've gotten so far.

Day 1 Haul:

Set 1: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Time Crisis Razing Storm, GoldenEye 007 ($44.99 each)
f53d788d.jpg

Set 2: Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid Other M ($44.99 each)
58442190.jpg

Set 3: God of War 3, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Naughty Bear ($26.99 each)
73bb15af.jpg

I'll probably go back tomorrow and buy somewhere between 1-3 sets. But do get all of my biggest targets tonight is such a win.

Oh, and a a note. Today, with the sale only available to PUR members, everything was left alone. Although today I was told that stores "reserve the right" to remove used games from shelves during the days of B2G1 sales. Honestly, I doubt this commonly happens.

Prices are BEFORE PowerUp/Edge discount

[quote name='DesertLeo']wow, good haul. tomorrow's gonna be nuts[/QUOTE]

I know. Im really pumped. I'd like to get 1-3 more sets of three. But to get Mickey, DK, and Naughty Bear all on night one, which are all damn near impossible to find used (at least in my area, and especially Epic Mickey) AND be able to match 3 sets of evenly priced games...today simply couldnt have gone better.

ok, math time. right now with edge card and their 20% off used, i get 30% off all used. right now CoD Black OPS would be 35.99 used. now, im almost positive it'll go back up. should i just bite the bullet early and lose out on 3% (because B2G1 is essentially 33% off the total)?

i'll be getting more games with it.

does all that make any sense at all? it did in my head...

[quote name='DesertLeo']ok, math time. right now with edge card and their 20% off used, i get 30% off all used. right now CoD Black OPS would be 35.99 used. now, im almost positive it'll go back up. should i just bite the bullet early and lose out on 3% (because B2G1 is essentially 33% off the total)?

i'll be getting more games with it.

does all that make any sense at all? it did in my head...[/QUOTE]

Your percentages are wrong (20% off online+edge is 28% off, B2G1+edge is 40% off) but since online prices are lower anyway it's only a $3 difference. Plus you only have to buy 1 to get that price. I'd go for it unless you are buying 2 other newish release games AND know that it'll be in stock in-store.

u may want to take naughty bear back tomorrow and get 10 bucks off on it, it was one of the games that was supposed to be on sale....

[quote name='OblivionScamp']u may want to take naughty bear back tomorrow and get 10 bucks off on it, it was one of the games that was supposed to be on sale....[/QUOTE]

way ahead of you ;) i told them to make sure that one wasn't the free one. im going back tomorrow to return/rebuy if it is indeed on sale.

I figure if they do it, i techincally paid for a cheaper game and got one more expensive free. If they dont do it, then it doesn't matter anyway because I would have paid the same for this set, but naughty bear would have been the free game.

[quote name='killer9']Hopefully Cag16 and my gift coupon stacks like last time[/QUOTE]

None of my $10 codes are working at all. Even if the only thing in my cart is a $49.99 used game.

[quote name='bgame2']None of my $10 codes are working at all. Even if the only thing in my cart is a $49.99 used game.[/QUOTE]

Mine worked just fine

Well, kind of mad at myself for using my Powerup rewards sign-up coupon last week. I picked up:

LoZ: Twilight Princess
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy
$29.99 each = $60 after B2G1 but *before* 10% discount.

Then, today, I used my card for:

WarioWare Smooth Moves
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Muramasa: The Demon Blade

$29.99 + $26.99 + $19.99 = $57 after B2G1 but before 10% discount. Which, in that case, was a little mad I used a $20 game as my freebie, and not a $27 game. May look around later tomorrow at a different store. But, for now... can't complain too much. Great opportunity to catch up on the Wii games I've missed, since I just bought a red bundle a couple weeks ago.

bread's done
Back