Gamestop Power Saver Sale: 12/10-12/19 B2G1 Free Used PS2/ 50% Bonus Trade In Live

Sa2vador

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey CAG! As title states Gamestop has a big sale coming up. Dates are 12/10-12/19 with certain games and promotions only valid for certain days. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

UPDATES!!!!

Items that have been struck through are no longer part of the sale. Applies to 2nd post also.

B2G1 Free on used games/accessories only Valid from 12/10-12/12
50% Bonus Trade on games valid from 12/12-12/19 (This stacks with Power-Up Pro Card for 60% extra)
[PS2 Pre-owned extra 10% off valid from 12/12-12/19 (Also stacks with Pro Card for 20% off)
NOTE: This may be valid from 12/10 since the ad on the last page says it stacks with the B2G1 free. It just won't be advertised until the 12/12. Thanks stiner.

New Additions:
Buy ANY used system and get a FREE 1-year warranty Valid from 12/10-??? Usually runs $9.99-$39.99 for a warranty.

12/12-12/19??? B2G1 Free on JUST Pre-owned PS2 games. Used PS2 systems can be used in conjunction with this! The only catch is that the Used PS2 cannot be the free item so you can't by 3 PS2 systems and get one free.

ALL ITEMS LISTED ARE NEW

Valid from 12/10-12/19

Save $5

Alpha and Omega (DS)
Backyard Sports: Sandlot Sluggers (DS,360,Wii)
Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis (Ds,Wii)

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP)

Alone in the Dark (360)

PC
Witcher

Save $15

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light DS
MAG PS3

Save $30

GH: Warriors of Rock Guitar Bundle (360,PS3,Wii)
Tom Clancy's Hawx 2 (360,PS3)
White Knight Chronicles PS3

Save $20

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition (PS3,360)
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 w/ gun (360,PS3,Wii)
EA Sports MMA (PS3,360)
James Bond: Blood Stone (PS3,360)
Spiderman; Shattered Dimensions (PS3,360)
Monster Jam 2 w/ wheel (Wii)

Front Mission Evolved (PS3,360,PC)

Following are all PC:

Crayola Creative Studio
Fallen Earth Blood Sport
Final Fantasy XIV (Standard and Collector's Version)
WOW: Battlechest
WOW: Wrath of the Lich King

Save $10

:ds:

Ataria Greatest Hits
Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush
Bakugan: Defenders of the Core
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Mobilized
Elebits
Grease
Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar
iCarly 2
Marvel Super Hero Squad Infinity
Puzzle Chronicles
Rooms: The Main Building

:psp:

Marvel Super Hero Squad
Puzzle Chronicles
Spongebob: Truth or Square

:360:

Backbreaker Football
Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition
FIFA Soccer 2011
GTA IV: Complete Edition
Madden NFL 2011
Medal of Honor
MySims Sky Heroes
Naughty Bear
NBA Jam
NCAA Football 2011
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
NHL 2011
Power Gig: Rise of the Six String
Red Dead Redemption
Rock Band 3
Sims 3
Tiger Woods 2011

:wii:

Bakugan: Defenders of the Core
Bass Pro Shop: The Strike w/ Rod and Reel
Bass Pro Shop: The Hunt Bundle
Cabela's MOnster Buck w/ gun
Call of Duty 3
FIFA Soccer 2011
Grease
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
Hooked Again w/; Fishing Rod
Little League World Series
Madden NFL 2011
MySims Sky Heroes
NBA Jam
NHL Slapshot
Rock Band 3
Rooms: The Main Building
Sims 3
Tiger Woods 2011
Wipe Out

:ps3:

Backbreaker Football
Call of Duty: World at War
FIFA Soccer 2011
GTA IV: Complete Edition
Madden NFL 2011
Medal of Honor
MySims Sky Heroes
Naughty Bear
NBA Jam
NCAA Football 2011
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
NHL 2011
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Power Gig: Rise of the Six String
Red Dead Redemption
Rock Band 3
Sims 3
Tiger Woods 2011

:pc:

Hank Haney World Golf
Medal of Honor
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Sims 3 Deluxe
Sims 3 Late Night

Halo 3 Strategy Guide (WTF?!?!?!)

These are Valid from 12/12-12/19

Save $10

:ds:

My Baby & Friends 3
Penquins of Madagascar
Sonic COlors

:360:

Dragon Ball Raging Blast
Game Party (Kinect Game)
Halo Reach
Splatterhouse (New Addition
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw (2011 I believe)
Zumba Fitness

:wii:

Sonic Colors
Zumba Fitness

:ps3:

Dragon Ball Raging Blast
Splatterhouse (New Addition)
WWE Smackdown VS Raw (2011 I believe)
Zumba Fitness

Turtle Beach X11 Headset

Save $20

Fable 3
Lego Universe

Other Deals

UPDATED
Rock Band Beatles LE Bundle - 99.99 :ps3: :360:
Tony Hawk Shred - Save $30 (49.99) :360: :ps3: :wii:
DJ Hero 2 Bundle (Not Party Bundle)- Save $ 30 (49.99) :360: :ps3: :wii:
PSP go - Save $50 (149.99)
Xbox 360 External 20GB HDD - Save $10 (39.99)

Save $5 on Babysitting Mama for Wii

Save $20 on Uncharted 2 GOTY with puchase of a new PS3 System

Save $20 when you by any 2 of the following new Wii games:

Just Dance 2
Michael Jackson Experience
Just Dance Kids
Just Dance
Dance on Broadway

B1G1 50% off Select Lego Games:

Lego Batman :ds: :psp: :wii: :ps3: :pc:
Lego Battle :ds:
Lego Harry Potter (Collector's Edition also applicable) :ds: :psp: :360: :wii: :ps3: :pc:
Lego: Rock Band :ds: :360: :wii: :ps3:

Valid From 12/12-12/19:

Free plushie with Fling Smash :wii: purchase
Free Rudolf plush with purchase of Rudolf DS game

Valid From 12/12-12/13

UPDATE! Now Valid Through 12/12-12/19!

Free $10 Gift Card with purchase of One of these games:

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Wii Party

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Heavyd814life']Mine worked just fine[/QUOTE]

Codes won't work with power up cards. The only way to make the $10 codes work is to use guest checkout.

I called gamestop and asked them why this is then only way to get the codes to work and they had no answer.

i think i am going to get for the ps3 Assassin's Creed 2 19.99,Batman: Arkham Asylum19.99, and bioshock 19.99 for free, hope they have the games i want.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Oh, and a a note. Today, with the sale only available to PUR members, everything was left alone. Although today I was told that stores "reserve the right" to remove used games from shelves during the days of B2G1 sales. Honestly, I doubt this commonly happens.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I don't know which employee told you that but they are full of it. I've been told that B2G1 is one of their biggest cash cows. So for an employee to tell you that they willingly hold product during one of their biggest profit sales makes them either stupid or incompetent. It's these kind of employees that make some Gamestops crappy to shop at.

[quote name='Drclaw411']way ahead of you ;) i told them to make sure that one wasn't the free one. im going back tomorrow to return/rebuy if it is indeed on sale.

I figure if they do it, i techincally paid for a cheaper game and got one more expensive free. If they dont do it, then it doesn't matter anyway because I would have paid the same for this set, but naughty bear would have been the free game.[/QUOTE]

Please don't forget about this:

Unlike previous sales, GS is marking down the used version of certain games that are on sale but not all. This is the list of which ones are.

Also, if this works like other promotions then you get the better deal of the two. So you cannot stack the sale price of the used game and get the B2G1 free on used game to work also. Can't confirm for sure till the sale starts.

If you try the return/rebuy it might end up staying the same without Naughty Bear being discounted OR Naughty Bear will be discounted but you end up paying for all three games with the system thinking you are going to do the B2G1 with the other two games.

[quote name='killer9']Ea sports mma was taken off the on sale list of items[/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks the only game on the list I really wanted

Not to bad with the extra 10% on used ps2 games got:

-Dark Cloud 2
-Fatal Frame 3
-Silent Hill 3

For 38 Shipped and 45 with tax

cag16 stacks with the 10% off ps2 games. Pretty good deal, but I've realized the ps2 rpg's I want I'll probably never play, so I'm gonna pass. Tales of the Abyss is in stock at $20, that'd be a good pick-up.

[quote name='doodofdoods']cag16 stacks with the 10% off ps2 games. Pretty good deal, but I've realized the ps2 rpg's I want I'll probably never play, so I'm gonna pass.[/QUOTE]

Many ps2 games do seem to be huge on game time which is good, Though just now getting into ps2 games after getting a ps3 recently.

I find myself trying to pick up all the classics of the ps2 just because I know in a few years they will be hard to find cheap.

I think the deal just went live white knight chronicles is 19.99, this can be found cheaper at blockbuster $14.99 with B1G1

Not if it's new. Only used games count. (I haven't checked, so I don't know if you are talking about a new or used copy)

Hey guys I got an Off topic question.

How much does gamestop give overall for the 360 elite?

I think it's 45, but there is a 25+ for system trading. That would be something like 70 correct? Or did they eliminate the 25 plus? Also I will be trading a controller and a harddrive which will put it up to at least 100? I don't think it's that bad. I'm getting the ps3, need some games to boot as well.

Traded a few things in last night, picked up BlazBlue: CS (360), Folklore, and Deadly Premonition for under $45. All 3 looked new, not so much as a smudge, pretty happy! I really want to dig into Blazblue and Folklore again, and Ive read too much on DP to not give it a chance at this point. I tend to like games like DP, so Im pretty excited to try it out.

lame, i can see why they waited till the last minute to advertise this sale....all the new games(which is all i buy because used games are scratched and smudged 90% of the time) didn't discount like they were supposed to...naughty bear is the only one i am getting now cuz they raised backbreaker back up to 29.99 last night so they could take 10 off that price so the price doesn't go to 9.99 like it should have. And mma would have been bought for 20 too, but of course they are not gonna drop that down to 19.99 a month after release no way...this is why when the op created this thread i was skeptical of the new game discounts, cuz they all said save 10 bucks or save 20 bucks not actual price.

[quote name='LogitechMouse']Hey guys I got an Off topic question.

How much does gamestop give overall for the 360 elite?

I think it's 45, but there is a 25+ for system trading. That would be something like 70 correct? Or did they eliminate the 25 plus? Also I will be trading a controller and a harddrive which will put it up to at least 100? I don't think it's that bad. I'm getting the ps3, need some games to boot as well.[/QUOTE]Check the trade-in thread.

Ok a little tip for people here. I have seen people complain about making purchases from gamestop.com and not getting pur points for them, where others have said they got points no problem. I think the problem for many is their accounts are not linked. For some stupid reason your pur account is separate from your gamestop.com acount. You must go to your account and link to two for it to actually register your gamestop.com purchases to pur's. Wish I would have known this before since a few weeks ago I purchased around $350 worth of games! Hopefully this helps some of you out, personally I am trying to contact gamestop customer support about the issue and hopefully they can credit me the 7,000 points or so I lost.

Edit - Gamestop took care of the point issue. I think they lowballed me on the points(I calculated 7,000 points roughly they calculated about 4,500)but I am not going to argue, I placed the orders several weeks ago and I am just happy to get points out of it.

Not sure if anyone knows, but do the PowerUp Rewards coupons work with the B2G1? I was going to use a $10 off any preowned game reward, but I didn't want to claim it if it doesn't stack with this deal.

Bought Nier for $12.99 used a few days ago...went back last night to try to find a couple more and was stumped. Any suggestions in that price range for any system?

Awsome I am getting the message

"Sorry!

Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. Based on your billing information entered, we are unable to process your order at this time.

If you have received this message as a result of multiple unsuccessful purchase attempts, please allow 24 hours for security purposes before submitting a new order. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date."

No freaking clue what the problem is...it was fine till I tried paying with gamestop credit instead of cash.

I had a wonderful GS experience last night. I went in for a copy of FEM, expecting to be in and out. Nope...that didn't happen. I was first lectured on why I wanted to buy this game when there were so many better games. Then when I got to the counter he decided to help some other customers that just walked in the door. There was another employee behind the counter, but he was too busy putting games in paper envelopes to ring me up. When I finally got some service I was immediately bombarded with the pre-order pitch. He even left the counter to ask someone in the back about the Dead Space 2 deal even though I never showed any interest in the game or the pre-order. After he got my final "No thank you" he started to ring up FEM, but he was sidetracked when he saw that my Power Up was expiring. He tried to get me to renew by telling me that if I did it today I would get a coupon for B2G1 free. No mention that the sale was starting today. Instead of my expected in and out in 2 minutes, I was in and out in 15 thanks to those fukwits.

This is the same employee who told me a few weeks ago that they had the best deal on Black Ops. That Best Buy was selling it for $65. When I told him about the Kmart deal, he was silent...for once.

@dino: the easiest way to settle that is the ratings on the survey. Give them a bunch of low ones with negatives and the DM should contact you to see what happened.

[quote name='dabamus']@dino: the easiest way to settle that is the ratings on the survey. Give them a bunch of low ones with negatives and the DM should contact you to see what happened.[/QUOTE]

I'm not mad enough to get anyone in trouble. I was just really annoyed is all. I just figured that when I went in the store and I was the only customer and knew exactly what I wanted that I'd be in and out.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Awsome I am getting the message

"Sorry!

Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. Based on your billing information entered, we are unable to process your order at this time.

If you have received this message as a result of multiple unsuccessful purchase attempts, please allow 24 hours for security purposes before submitting a new order. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date."

No freaking clue what the problem is...it was fine till I tried paying with gamestop credit instead of cash.[/QUOTE]

this keeps happeneing to me to damn it

Son of a bitch. They said the reason I am getting the stupid fucking message about not being allowed to place orders is because my account is flagged. I have placed $1,000s worth of orders with gamestop over the years and ONE TIME, ONE fuckING TIME I place an order with them and game the system by flipping the games back to them and they flag my account so I am no longer allowed to buy games online. fucking bullshit.

[quote name='DesertLeo']ruh roh, i wonder if that means i'm flagged for some reason too.....[/QUOTE]

Did you buy anything online and flip it in store? They said that was the main thing I was flagged for, but it also could be for stacking the 26% off code with the b2g1 and saver. Anyway you look at it its bull shit. I could understand if someone shows a history of abusing their system to flag their account, but I have spent $1,000s if not $10,000s over the years with gamestop and this is the FIRST time that I have ever bought something from the website then sold it back to them at the store for profit.

Ah well 99% of what I bought had to get returned for being incomplete anyways. I will just use the $200 in credit I made flipping their own games back to them to buy PSN cards. And hell I made about 12,000 points off the whole deal too which puts me only a thousand or two short from a $20 PSN card.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Did you buy anything online and flip it in store? They said that was the main thing I was flagged for, but it also could be for stacking the 26% off code with the b2g1 and saver. Anyway you look at it its bull shit. I could understand if someone shows a history of abusing their system to flag their account, but I have spent $1,000s if not $10,000s over the years with gamestop and this is the FIRST time that I have ever bought something from the website then sold it back to them at the store for profit.

Ah well 99% of what I bought had to get returned for being incomplete anyways. I will just use the $200 in credit I made flipping their own games back to them to buy PSN cards. And hell I made about 12,000 points off the whole deal too which puts me only a thousand or two short from a $20 PSN card.[/QUOTE]

If you dont mind my asking...what were you trying to buy and flip back to them? I'll admit I've been trying to find a good deal to buy and flip back to GS for profit but cant seem to find anything...

Some non valid sale items. If a Moderater can change the OP possibly cause I won't be able to tillthis evening and doind this on a phone sucks. MAG PS3 used, call of duty mw2 PS3 used, ninja gaiden sigma 2 new and used, rock band beatles LE set new, star trek online pc, ncaa football 2011 360/ps3 new/used, my sims skyheroes 360/ps3 ne/used

[quote name='MSI Magus']
Ah well 99% of what I bought had to get returned for being incomplete anyways. I will just use the $200 in credit I made flipping their own games back to them to buy PSN cards. And hell I made about 12,000 points off the whole deal too which puts me only a thousand or two short from a $20 PSN card.[/QUOTE]and you're wondering why your account was flagged? Seriously man??

[quote name='Brother Daz']and you're wondering why your account was flagged? Seriously man??[/QUOTE]

That's what i was tihnking sounds like he did it more then once as he stated.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I have placed $1,000s worth of orders with gamestop over the years and ONE TIME, ONE fuckING TIME I place an order with them and game the system by flipping the games back to them and they flag my account so I am no longer allowed to buy games online. fucking bullshit.[/QUOTE]

One time is all it takes. That's like saying that only one time you tried to commit fraud at wal-mart with illegal returns and now you can't return anything at wal-mart. :roll:

[quote name='oasisboy']One time is all it takes. That's like saying that only one time you tried to commit fraud at wal-mart with illegal returns and now you can't return anything at wal-mart. :roll:[/QUOTE]

No, the two are nothing alike. What I did was not illegal nor was it fraud. I bought items from them and sold them back to them. They set the sales price, they put the promotions in place. In the Walmart scenario I would be knowingly lying to them and knowingly breaking a law. Here I bought games, took them to their store and traded them in, I even showed the clerks at gamestop my receipt because they said company policy was that you can not trade in that many copies of the same game. When I pointed out I had a reciept which proves its not stolen they let me do it. This shows a lack of thinking on gamestops part because they were not only the ones who set all these prices that let me do that and had a lack of company policy on the issue, but they are also the ones that have shit coding on their website and have had so for years...maybe instead of spending time flagging people they should just fix the fucking code that let it happen! Its not like every time there is a b2g1 sale this same stuff happens! What I did was more the equivalent of someone that eats at a pizza joint for years and then one day uses 2 coupons for free pizzas at the same time because they failed to put 1 coupon per customer on the print off. They had a promotion, they did not think it through, and I took advantage.

To the guy asking what I flipped you wont be able to do it. This was during the last b2g1 sale when the CAG16 code, PUR and B2G1 all stacked together. I took advantage of that to order 12 copies of CoD Black Ops for about $25-$27 a piece then flipped them back to gamestop for around $42 a piece. I spent around $320 and ended up with over $500 worth of credit + made about 14,000 points or something like that between buying them and selling them. As I said even if I cant buy online and I never find anything in store again I can always buy a bunch of PSN points!

[quote name='oasisboy']One time is all it takes. That's like saying that only one time you tried to commit fraud at wal-mart with illegal returns and now you can't return anything at wal-mart. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Or...that ONE time I didn't use a condom...lol.

What he did is not illegal if their system is broken that is their problem the solution is to fix the system not punish a loyal customer.

[quote name='MSI Magus'] I took advantage of that to order 12 copies of CoD Black Ops for about $25-$27 a piece then flipped them back to gamestop for around $42 a piece. I spent around $320 and ended up with over $500 worth of credit + made about 14,000 points or something like that between buying them and selling them. [/QUOTE]

wow man you are sooooo cool

[quote name='CGH']What he did is not illegal if their system is broken that is their problem the solution is to fix the system not punish a loyal customer.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I have been shopping with gamestop since I was in like 3rd grade and they were still called Funcoland. I have probably put $10,000s in this companies pockets throughout my life and in return they have treated me like shit. I while placing an order for games I intended to actually keep(Bayonetta, Darksiders and Star Wars)noticed the topic about trading games in for an extra 40% at the time. It occurred to me that CoD worked out to so little and probably traded in for a lot....and sure enough it did, so I ordered some to flip. I thought about it for a minute and thought about all my gamestop orders that have come incomplete, all the douche bags iv had to deal with over the years, the sending of wrong games and the being overcharged and probably worst of all the taking advantage of me as an ignorant kid as I traded in SNES RPGs for like $10 a piece that they then sold back to people for $70...and I thought fuck them. I am not claiming what I did was justified, nor am I claiming gamestop is the worst company around. I am just saying I do not feel bad about it(outside the small chance that CoD sold out and someone did not get a copy)and that comparing it to fraud and flagging my account is a bit much.

bread's done
Back