Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!
I've seen PUR talk in multiple GameStop threads, as well as a couple threads dedicated to the Steal of the Week, so I figure it's about time we have a thread dedicated to PUR. I'll try to keep it updated every week with the Steal of the Week and any additional eye-catching rewards.

FAQs and general info are in the second post.

Epic Reward
11/1 - 11/31
Assassin's Creed Leave Your Legacy Epic Experience.

Giveaway Includes:

• Your likeness as a character in the next
    Assassin's Creed game!
  • Trip for 2 to the Ubisoft Montreal studios with
    exclusive tour.
  • Swag bag full of one-of-a-kind Assassin's Creed gear.
Special Promotions

Saint's Row "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes
Just pre-order* Saints Row: The Third between Wednesday, September 28 and Monday, November 14, and pick up your copy by Tuesday, November 22, to be instantly entered in the "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes. The grand prize winner receives:

• Mitsubishi 92" 3D Home Cinema TV (Yes, that's 92 inches, as in, "Which wall should I cover with my 92-inch TV?")
  • Premium surround sound system
  • Home theater chair
  • 2 next generation game consoles
  • Saints Row: The Third Collectors' Editions for both systems
  • Four collectable limited edition posters

Steal of the Week
11/21 - 11/27
Get 25% Extra Trade Credit Toward Any Pre-Order
Cost: 1500 points

$5 Off Select Pre-Owned Assassin’s Creed Games

Get 25% extra trade credit toward the pre-order of any new game from Monday, November 21, through Sunday, December 11

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delay in updating the OP, again. I got a new job a few weeks back and things are pretty hectic around here. At least we can rejoice for a decent SotW finally!

Also, they've added a ton of merch rewards in the past week or two. Lots of t-shirts and backpacks especially.

And, my favorite, these Portal 2 earrings.

holy shit, coupon screw up confirmed here. I just bought and printed 2 of them, both state $10 off ANY one item.

thank you guys for posting this!

How much was the $10 off coupon the first time they did this? Either way, I think I'll finally use my points on these.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I just hope gamestop has any deals worth using these coupons on during black friday.[/QUOTE]

They should/better. One time a year when GS has any type of sales.

[quote name='iphone']how much was the $10 off coupon the first time they did this? Either way, i think i'll finally use my points on these.[/quote]

Gah!! I bought the $10 coupon at "full price" for 10K points a couple of weeks ago after pre-ordering some games. I could have gotten 3 of these at the SOTW price!

Great deal, confirmed coupon error as well. Used most of my points to get an extra $10 for the SOTW.

Awesome! I was looking to get this coupon anyway but the point drop allows for me to get two now! Now to play the waiting game for some good deals.

I also got one. Does anyone know if you can stack these or if you can use them on two separate transactions? I want to pick up Sonic Generations and Uncharted 3 tonight, and this will help a small amount with saving money on em if I can. :p

[quote name='SuperSonic128']I also got one. Does anyone know if you can stack these or if you can use them on two separate transactions? I want to pick up Sonic Generations and Uncharted 3 tonight, and this will help a small amount with saving money on em if I can. :p[/QUOTE]

You can stack them. I used 2 when I got Spiderman: EoT

[quote name='SuperSonic128']I also got one. Does anyone know if you can stack these or if you can use them on two separate transactions? I want to pick up Sonic Generations and Uncharted 3 tonight, and this will help a small amount with saving money on em if I can. :p[/QUOTE]

It's one per transaction I believe. Just went back and got 3 more.

Glad I waited since I can get $40 worth of stuff instead of $25 due to the mistake. I was going to redeem a $25 certificate which is 25,000 points.

edit: just saw someone post you can stack them. Even better!!!

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']You can stack them. I used 2 when I got Spiderman: EoT[/QUOTE]

That is awesome... Sonic Generations and Uncharted 3 for $80-Batman AA trade in. :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']You can stack them. I used 2 when I got Spiderman: EoT[/QUOTE]

Did you use the actual coupons on a new or preowned purchase. I wonder if the coupon just states $10 on any but will actually only work for used games....

Also can anybody confirm the coupons expiration date? Thanks.

[quote name='Donut2922']Did you use the actual coupons on a new or preowned purchase. I wonder if the coupon just states $10 on any but will actually only work for used games....

Also can anybody confirm the coupons expiration date? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't using this particular screw up. I used 2 $10 off any coupons at full redemption price the day that Spidey came out.

[quote name='xfreefallerx']fuck 2 points short of 6000[/QUOTE]
Buy a DLC from GS.com. It might go through tonight before the update is done.

Thanks, by the way. I just cleaned myself out and bought six of these. Awesome thing about it is just got hired as a temp at GS so I will get my Ass creed: revel SE for $41 after coupon and 15% off. I still will have to figure out what else to get.

[quote name='Donut2922']Did you use the actual coupons on a new or preowned purchase. I wonder if the coupon just states $10 on any but will actually only work for used games....

Also can anybody confirm the coupons expiration date? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this also

[quote name='advanced']I just recently renewed my PowerUp and I got that B2G1 coupon with it. I noticed that it expired in November. I imagine if I don't use it by then, I'll definitely lose it, right? Why do they put such a short window on it? I signed up for the year, not for 3 months![/QUOTE]

Weird I just renewed and mine is good until the end of the year.

Sweet, I have 2 of the $10 any purchase coupons. Looks like I'm getting Sonic Generations for $30 tomorrow!!:applause:

[quote name='sbaker44']I would like to know this also[/QUOTE]

I will be trying to use mine on my Fate/Extra CE pre-order in the morning. Will report back after I get home from GS. :)

FYI - when I used some of the 6000 point 10 dollar off coupons this evening on used games, the system did NOT apply the 10% off from my edge card. (4 games, 4 coupons, 4 transactions)

One could draw whichever conclusions they like from that.

My girlfriend and I have just enough points to get ONE of these coupons before her year expires (today). How much do you people spend at GameStop? Holy shit.

She's really pissed at how undervalued these points are. 1/10th of a cent...a little outrageous considering their overhead on buying/selling used games.

[quote name='Boty_27']Can anyone confirm if it is in any gamestop item or just used ?have you try it and what does the coupon says ? Thanks[/QUOTE]

any item no used mentioned on the coupon its 6,000 pts though

Ok, for those of you who want to know, those $10 off any item coupons DO work on any item. They didn't let me stack them at GS, but I used one on Sonic Generations and one on Uncharted 3. I was required to do it in separate transactions. It's only suppose to be one per visit, but the manager let it slide for me.

[quote name='hypertails02']Gah!! I bought the $10 coupon at "full price" for 10K points a couple of weeks ago after pre-ordering some games. I could have gotten 3 of these at the SOTW price![/QUOTE]
Yeah well I bought the fucking thing at full price, then returned the game I had used it on, losing the 10k points and the coupon. I'm pretty sure 3 of my friends died after using these coupons too but I don't remember the details.

[quote name='Boty_27']Can anyone confirm if it is in any gamestop item or just used ?have you try it and what does the coupon says ? Thanks[/QUOTE]
The ad says for pre-owned games. The confirmation page says pre-owned games. When you purchase & go to your active offers on the PUR page, it will say Any Item. You click that link and it is a coupon for any item.

Very surprised that this is working on any item, as I figured it was just a misprint on the coupon but would come up pre-owned only in the system.

I don't know where this "stacking" information comes from, though. They will not let you apply more than one without a manual override. You should be able to use two in the same transaction but ONLY if you are buying two separate things. Although this is still iffy, you're better off making two separate transactions.

bread's done
Back