Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!
I've seen PUR talk in multiple GameStop threads, as well as a couple threads dedicated to the Steal of the Week, so I figure it's about time we have a thread dedicated to PUR. I'll try to keep it updated every week with the Steal of the Week and any additional eye-catching rewards.

FAQs and general info are in the second post.

Epic Reward
11/1 - 11/31
Assassin's Creed Leave Your Legacy Epic Experience.

Giveaway Includes:

• Your likeness as a character in the next
    Assassin's Creed game!
  • Trip for 2 to the Ubisoft Montreal studios with
    exclusive tour.
  • Swag bag full of one-of-a-kind Assassin's Creed gear.
Special Promotions

Saint's Row "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes
Just pre-order* Saints Row: The Third between Wednesday, September 28 and Monday, November 14, and pick up your copy by Tuesday, November 22, to be instantly entered in the "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes. The grand prize winner receives:

• Mitsubishi 92" 3D Home Cinema TV (Yes, that's 92 inches, as in, "Which wall should I cover with my 92-inch TV?")
  • Premium surround sound system
  • Home theater chair
  • 2 next generation game consoles
  • Saints Row: The Third Collectors' Editions for both systems
  • Four collectable limited edition posters

Steal of the Week
11/21 - 11/27
Get 25% Extra Trade Credit Toward Any Pre-Order
Cost: 1500 points

$5 Off Select Pre-Owned Assassin’s Creed Games

Get 25% extra trade credit toward the pre-order of any new game from Monday, November 21, through Sunday, December 11

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in two HDMI cables today for $10. They finally started the B2G2 GC and PS2 games, but apparently that store is PS2 only :roll: Picked up Perfect Dark Zero and a compilation of the Burger King games for a grand total of $3 :lol:

Wow, I just took a gander at the rewards. That place is baron... I looked like a month ago and there was still a lot of stuff there, what happened?

[quote name='RealDeals']Traded in two HDMI cables today for $10. They finally started the B2G2 GC and PS2 games, but apparently that store is PS2 only :roll: Picked up Perfect Dark Zero and a compilation of the Burger King games for a grand total of $3 :lol:[/QUOTE]

no way HDMI cables are trading in for that much, guess I'll try my luck

[quote name='RealDeals']Traded in two HDMI cables today for $10. They finally started the B2G2 GC and PS2 games, but apparently that store is PS2 only :roll: Picked up Perfect Dark Zero and a compilation of the Burger King games for a grand total of $3 :lol:[/QUOTE]

GC is not a part of that B2G2 anywhere, so you're not losing out. And what kind of HDMI cables trade in for $10? The standard ones you buy from meritline for $1 each?

[quote name='shivan128']GC is not a part of that B2G2 anywhere, so you're not losing out. And what kind of HDMI cables trade in for $10? The standard ones you buy from meritline for $1 each?[/QUOTE]

I got some $1 shipped ones from 1saleaday and around $1.50 ones from an Amazon seller. All HDMI cables are accepted, they sell them as "universal"

OP updated. I've never played any of the Resistance games... but $5 off a game for 500 points ain't so bad.

With coupon:
Resistance: Fall Of Man - $3.99
Resistance 2 - $6.69
Resistance: Retribution - $8.49

Not bad at all.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']OP updated. I've never played any of the Resistance games... but $5 off a game for 500 points ain't so bad.

With coupon:
Resistance: Fall Of Man - $3.99
Resistance 2 - $6.69
Resistance: Retribution - $8.49

Not bad at all.[/QUOTE]

nice, i can finally pick up retribution.

When you trade in hdmi cables do they give you extra 30% or is that games only ?

Ah so the resistance coupon is available starting today. With part 3 comming in the mail tommorow I need to get part 2 to add to my collection. Traded in my old copy a few years back and for 7 bucks that price is perfect

[quote name='ironmenpb']When you trade in hdmi cables do they give you extra 30% or is that games only ?[/QUOTE]

Games only. If the promo says "games" then it means games. Cables are "accessories" like controllers.

GUYS DON'T BOTHER PRINTING OUT THE RESISTANCE 2 COUPON TO USE IT FOR PART 2 !
I printed one out and you can't stack it with the 12.99 resistance 2 used deal. They scanned it and it doesn't work cause you can't use it with the current offer for the game. It will only work after resistance 2 goes back to 19.99 in a few days. Wow gamestop just wow

[quote name='Buuhan1']Wow, I just took a gander at the rewards. That place is baron... I looked like a month ago and there was still a lot of stuff there, what happened?[/QUOTE]

snoopy-red-baron.jpg

Sorry, I just love the creative use of the English language on this forum!

[quote name='strait edge follower']GUYS DON'T BOTHER PRINTING OUT THE RESISTANCE 2 COUPON TO USE IT FOR PART 2 !
I printed one out and you can't stack it with the 12.99 resistance 2 used deal. They scanned it and it doesn't work cause you can't use it with the current offer for the game. It will only work after resistance 2 goes back to 19.99 in a few days. Wow gamestop just wow[/QUOTE]

WOW!!! Really?! That's bogus.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Does no one in this thread realize that $5 off any preowned game is 400 points? Why would you pay 500 for $5 off a specific preowned game?[/QUOTE]

you sir need glasses badly. It's 4000 points for $5 off a pre-owned game and 5000 points for $5 off anything in the store. Nice try.:D

[quote name='Royal High Knight']you sir need glasses badly. It's 4000 points for $5 off a pre-owned game and 5000 points for $5 off anything in the store. Nice try.:D[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah... if it were 400 points I'd probably use a bunch of them for every $5 game in the store.

This popped on the site today. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I still think it's super badass and may get one. These random sweet rewards has hurt my points total bigtime. I'm down to 24k right now... 13k if I order this. Hmmmmm.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']No, you don't get to keep the points if you return. I already asked.[/QUOTE]

well obviously if you ask they aren't going to say yes. why would they encourage something like that? doesn't mean it doesn't work, though none of us will know until we try. if you have the credit anyways it certainly wouldn't hurt

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']well obviously if you ask they aren't going to say yes. why would they encourage something like that? doesn't mean it doesn't work, though none of us will know until we try. if you have the credit anyways it certainly wouldn't hurt[/QUOTE]

no he's right. I bought PVZ for the 360 one day and then returned it the following day. The points that I got from the purchase we taken back so yes they will get cancelled unless you spend them quickly I guess.

OP updated with this weeks stuff. Sorry, I was away on vacation. I seem to be doing that early in the week lately, haha. At least nothing too exciting to note.

They added:
A couple more shirts at about 10k a pop (Pac-Man, retro Batman),
360 Turtle Beach X12 for 38,500
Zelda flip-flops for 8,500

I got a question if i were to use the 25% off coupon would it stack with the 30% off trading in pre orders also or no it won't?

If you don't use your power up card on the return you can keep the points. The reason they would take back the points is probably because you putting credit on it. Maybe you should ask them to put it on a giftcard instead.

[quote name='gn2007']I got a question if i were to use the 25% off coupon would it stack with the 30% off trading in pre orders also or no it won't?[/QUOTE]

You don't get 30% off a game for preorders, you get 30% bonus credit on your trades. And you can't use a coupon on a preorder, you'd have to use the 25% off coupon when you picked up the game.

[quote name='boogie4114']If you don't use your power up card on the return you can keep the points. The reason they would take back the points is probably because you putting credit on it. Maybe you should ask them to put it on a giftcard instead.[/QUOTE]

They scan the receipt in the return process, which comes up with the transaction details. Included in that is your PUR number, so the points automatically come off.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']no he's right. I bought PVZ for the 360 one day and then returned it the following day. The points that I got from the purchase we taken back so yes they will get cancelled unless you spend them quickly I guess.[/QUOTE]

yea now that i think about it, you're right... i one time returned games my ex-gf had bought, with money out of her own pocket (not using my PUR card or anything), and when i returned they took like 600+ points off my PUR card....

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']well obviously if you ask they aren't going to say yes. why would they encourage something like that? doesn't mean it doesn't work, though none of us will know until we try. if you have the credit anyways it certainly wouldn't hurt[/QUOTE]

For all returns they rescan your card number which they can easily get off the receipt which will also remove the points associated with the purchase.

I have 2 Questions ?
If i already paid Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3 before the Pre-Pay Bonus was announced do I still get the double points?

Can you use the $10 OFF coupon from the PowerUp Rewards to pick up a pre-order and get it 10 dollars less?

Darn it I have been hanging at 11,900 for a few weeks and debating buying something used to get that Elite figure. I finally got enough points after doing some trade-in and it is gone. :cry:

I guess I will wait til Monday to see what comes up and if nothing else get the COG tags or Dragon Age letter opener.

[quote name='dan121887']I guess I will wait til Monday to see what comes up and if nothing else get the COG tags or Dragon Age letter opener.[/QUOTE]

COG tags are sold out.

[quote name='Boty_27']I have 2 Questions ?
If i already paid Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3 before the Pre-Pay Bonus was announced do I still get the double points?

Can you use the $10 OFF coupon from the PowerUp Rewards to pick up a pre-order and get it 10 dollars less?[/QUOTE]

not sure about your first question about the double points but the GS by me says i can use that coupon towards a preorder but this may be YMMV

Damn, the $3 PSN code is no longer on the reward site. I was hoping to get that since I have $7 in my PSN wallet, and just need $3 more dollas to get Resident Evil 4 HD this Tuesday (it's only $10 for PSN+ subscribers). Anyone recall when was the last time they saw the $3 PSN voucher on there?

New SotW, 50% credit towards GoW3.

They also just added some life-size Retro Lancer gun replicas. They look amazing, even though I'm not a Gears fan. They required batteries... although I don't know why? They only made 10 of the gold ones, but it doesn't say how many regular ones there are. Good luck having the points for them, though.

https://www.poweruprewards.com/Rewa...IBFJmwBIPjJWNAnBujVCnGD4Rss9XCZiHhnzSfNdihg==
https://www.poweruprewards.com/Rewa...MAxmx2HTo2Cku4uKY/5KOpxlhAaTCyEsiOBznXHoboQ==

While expensive, it's awesome swag like this that makes PUR awesome even when the SotWs often suck.

Gamestop sent me a 20% off coupon for my birthday at the beginning of the month. I was going to use it today, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I got a question
Today i went to gamestop to get gow 3 and couldnt get it because i didnt pre order
Can i go online order for in store pickup and get the game today ?

[quote name='Tsel']Gamestop sent me a 20% off coupon for my birthday at the beginning of the month. I was going to use it today, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Check the "Active Offers" page of the PUR site.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Check the "Active Offers" page of the PUR site.[/QUOTE]

I got the email about the 20% off and it's not in my Active Offers area, I think its just in the email that you get.

(I only have the 10 dollar off purchase coupon I cashed out for in the Active Offer page)

Not in the Active Offers. That was the first area I checked. I can't seem to find the email either. I doubt I would have deleted it, but I guess I did assuming that it would be on my PUR account. Oh well.

Wow thanks for pointing out the birthday coupon thing, just realized I had one, luckily it lasts til 10/31, not sure what I wanna use it on yet though.

also, if your email is anything like mine (has 4000+ emails for whatever reason), just type in PowerUp in the search and look for one from August 31 (not september like I had originally been looking for) and the email is titled "Something is popping up for your birthday!"

bread's done
Back