Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!
I've seen PUR talk in multiple GameStop threads, as well as a couple threads dedicated to the Steal of the Week, so I figure it's about time we have a thread dedicated to PUR. I'll try to keep it updated every week with the Steal of the Week and any additional eye-catching rewards.

FAQs and general info are in the second post.

Epic Reward
11/1 - 11/31
Assassin's Creed Leave Your Legacy Epic Experience.

Giveaway Includes:

• Your likeness as a character in the next
    Assassin's Creed game!
  • Trip for 2 to the Ubisoft Montreal studios with
    exclusive tour.
  • Swag bag full of one-of-a-kind Assassin's Creed gear.
Special Promotions

Saint's Row "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes
Just pre-order* Saints Row: The Third between Wednesday, September 28 and Monday, November 14, and pick up your copy by Tuesday, November 22, to be instantly entered in the "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes. The grand prize winner receives:

• Mitsubishi 92" 3D Home Cinema TV (Yes, that's 92 inches, as in, "Which wall should I cover with my 92-inch TV?")
  • Premium surround sound system
  • Home theater chair
  • 2 next generation game consoles
  • Saints Row: The Third Collectors' Editions for both systems
  • Four collectable limited edition posters

Steal of the Week
11/21 - 11/27
Get 25% Extra Trade Credit Toward Any Pre-Order
Cost: 1500 points

$5 Off Select Pre-Owned Assassin’s Creed Games

Get 25% extra trade credit toward the pre-order of any new game from Monday, November 21, through Sunday, December 11

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not exactly sure how this week's SotW works. I guess what I'm trying to say is: do you get a 25% bonus when you put the credit towards an unreleased game that you want to pre-order, or do you get it when you trade towards the full purchase of a game that you already pre-ordered?

And does this stack with the extra $10 for 3 since it's a PuR coupon?

[quote name='nietzsche74']I'm not exactly sure how this week's SotW works. I guess what I'm trying to say is: do you get a 25% bonus when you put the credit towards an unreleased game that you want to pre-order, or do you get it when you trade towards the full purchase of a game that you already pre-ordered?

And does this stack with the extra $10 for 3 since it's a PuR coupon?[/QUOTE]

No Idea if it stacks with the $10 for 3 but history tells us no it won't, however please don't hold me to that. Also I just went to my local GS and I was able to trade in a game with the 25%+10% PUR bonus towards a game I pre-ordered the other day but the sales associate had to figure out the bonus on a calculator. They also scanned the coupon and the coupon didn't give any bonus so that leads me to believe the coupon maybe only work on new preorders. Sheesh I hope this makes sense.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Steal of the Week updated. Lame, but at least it's something everyone can use.

For all the points hoarders out there... this was just added to the "coming soon" pile. Never played Warhammer, but this looks epic enough to want.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know how limited this is and if you are able to purchase it anywhere? Thanks.

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']Anyone know how limited this is and if you are able to purchase it anywhere? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

In my "messages" section of PUR it tells me there are 7 of them made. Literally seven chainswords made. Period. If I had the points, I'd hop on this one for sure.

Yeah, it definitely will have a lot of resell value. Even if I'd have saved all my points since the moment I joined, I wouldn't have enough.

I'm sorry, but I downloaded the coupon abd I still have absolutely NO idea how this deal works. On the coupon it says "25% power trade bonus credit on any pre-order." I assume this "power trade bonus credit" has something to do with credit gained from trade-ins; but if so, why not state this more definitively,as they do on their trade-in page:

Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden NFL 2012 or RAGE.

But regardless, what is meant by "pre-order"? Do they mean that this credit can be applied towards a game that had already been pre-ordered? or is it valid only through the process of "pre-ordering"? That the term "pre-order" can refer to 2 seperate things can be easily demonstrated by comparing the two following statements:

1. I'd like to pre-order the new Ratchet & Clank game.
2. I'm here to pick up my pre-order.

Do they mean one? Do they mean both? THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

[quote name='nietzsche74']I'm sorry, but I downloaded the coupon abd I still have absolutely NO idea how this deal works. On the coupon it says "25% power trade bonus credit on any pre-order." I assume this "power trade bonus credit" has something to do with credit gained from trade-ins; but if so, why not state this more definitively,as they do on their trade-in page:

Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden NFL 2012 or RAGE.

But regardless, what is meant by "pre-order"? Do they mean that this credit can be applied towards a game that had already been pre-ordered? or is it valid only through the process of "pre-ordering"? That the term "pre-order" can refer to 2 seperate things can be easily demonstrated by comparing the two following statements:

1. I'd like to pre-order the new Ratchet & Clank game.
2. I'm here to pick up my pre-order.

Do they mean one? Do they mean both? THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!![/QUOTE]

It's really not that hard to understand, especially if you've ever been in a Gamestop before.

Pre-order [pri-awr-der] verb.
1. Reserve a copy of a game to be released in the future by putting down $5 or more.

Buying the game isn't a pre-order. The pre-order is the fact that you have it reserved. You can't use this coupon if you already have the game pre-ordered (even in the same transaction you're picking it up).

You have to pre-order a game in the same transaction you're trading your games in. Exactly like the bonus 25% for Madden and Rage, but for any game.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Hey guys, I got in my grab bag today like I thought I would. And... Well...

Gamestop. This is not a bag. I was a little thrown off at first, and ended up cutting my middle finger as I tried to pry off the plastic cap before realizing it was stapled in place with those obnoxious big staples. After properly removing it, I removed the contents and here's what was inside.

1. Game Informer Epic Mickey Poster.
2. Red Gamestop Powerup Rewards Water Bottle. Made of metal.
3. Tactics Ogre... Cards of some sort.
4. Marvel vs. Capcom 3... Move cards or something. Whatever the pre-order bonus was.
5. XXL ISA Athletic Department T-Shirt. I think it's a Killzone shirt.

Overall, I got more than I expected, and better than what I expected. I may place a second order just to see what else they have to throw in there. Looking forward to hearing what everyone else got in theirs. :][/QUOTE]

I got items 1,4,5

I also got a purple Super scribblenuts ear warmers. Not sure if I'm happy with it or not.

New Steal of the Week is up. Not too shabby! Let's hope the value of the console holds with all these trade in bonuses, haha.

I would love that sword, but my account it only at 50k points, would take $1000 in trades then used purchases to meet that 80,000 point requirement. I'd have it if I hadnt gotten a few of the 10k pt items like the vegas kit (have 100k lifetime pts).

[quote name='alrighthearthis']My brother hardly uses his 360 so he's going to use the new deal to trade it in get him a 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Nice, trade in one system he never uses for another one he'll never use :D

[quote name='PonyboyGatts']do the bonus $40 and the $50 coupon stack? or is it a use one or the other?[/QUOTE]

what $40 bonus? towards a new console? curious about this as well. does this coup stack with anything?

[quote name='karyadi']what $40 bonus? towards a new console? curious about this as well. does this coup stack with anything?[/QUOTE]

The one for trading in an old xbox 360 or ps3 towards a new one. However it does not stack.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Steal of the Week updated. Lame, but at least it's something everyone can use.

For all the points hoarders out there... this was just added to the "coming soon" pile. Never played Warhammer, but this looks epic enough to want.[/QUOTE]

I hope whomever redeems this receives a complimentary pair of jorts, as seen in the photo description.

I saw they took down the Turtle Beach X-11's for 35,000 points, anyone know if there putting up the new X-12's or another headset?

I was so pissed at gamestop over the deus ex snafu but if I can get the power up $50 bonus to combine with the $40 bonus I'd do it. I have an extra 360 that i use rarely.

Someone in the other tiv thread said they got it to work with an override. I'm due for a PUR renewal so maybe I can bargain with them for stacking the coupons. $130 for an xbox 360 fat is incredible.

yeah i know that. Hopefully the rewards renewal and a few pre orders with the credit gives the rep some incentive to override.

So the OP says 8/22 -8/28 for the PUR $50 coupon but it ends 9/11. Either I'm not understanding or 8/28 is the cutoff for the coupon, but coupon is valid till 9/11?

[quote name='Tha Doc']So the OP says 8/22 -8/28 for the PUR $50 coupon but it ends 9/11. Either I'm not understanding or 8/28 is the cutoff for the coupon, but coupon is valid till 9/11?[/QUOTE]

The Steal of the Week only lasts one week. The coupon may redeemed up until 9/11.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']The Steal of the Week only lasts one week. The coupon may redeemed up until 9/11.[/QUOTE]Thanks. I need to go sign up for PUR card this weekend then. Need to dump that Falcon that';s doing nothing but sitting in my closet in it's box. I really hope I can get this to stack with the $40 extra trade-in promo. $130 for a 360 seems very reasonable. ($40 TIV, $40 promo, $50 PUR SotW)

Gotta get some Gears 3 credit. w00t

Too bad it has to be used with Gamestop, I really haven't noticed any deals they have worth the time of contemplating.

[quote name='Tha Doc']Thanks. I need to go sign up for PUR card this weekend then. Need to dump that Falcon that';s doing nothing but sitting in my closet in it's box. I really hope I can get this to stack with the $40 extra trade-in promo. $130 for a 360 seems very reasonable. ($40 TIV, $40 promo, $50 PUR SotW)

Gotta get some Gears 3 credit. w00t[/QUOTE]

I dont think they both stack? Didnt only a few people get that, and that was with overrides?

Are the PUR rewards coupons that can be purchased (i.e. $10 off a transaction) count as thought it were cash or as a promo?

I was thinking of getting two of the $10 off any used game to combine with a b2g1 on used games promo coupon. Would this be possible?

Just because one Gamestop employee is stupid enough to do MANUALLY OVERRIDE THE COMPUTER to give you extra money doesn't mean it's going to work for anyone else. The promos aren't supposed to stack. Promos are never supposed to stack. It's really not even "worth a try".

This includes the coupons, jlenny. You can technically use the coupon, but I would very much advise against it because it will waste your coupon and nothing will happen. The computer will give you the B2G1 promo instead of the $10 off promo since it gives you the best deal possible.

hey no harm in trying.

Just like there's no harm in gamestop trying to give people $40 for an xbox 360 before any "bonuses" get factored in.

They try and succeed to rip people off every day, why can't the customers try to do it to them?

We traded in an original 360 and got $90 total with the coupon. My boyfriend got 5600 MSP and Red Dead Redemption in the trade. He had a 20% off coupon that PUR sent him for his birthday and that stacked with the 10% off from using PUR and buying a used game. All in all, definitely a success.

Since I always checks for updates after midnight, the new reward of the week is as followed: b2g1 free coupon for 5000 points WITH the purchase of madden 12. Im not gonna jump, already bought 2 b2g1 coupons a few weeks ago, but could be a good deal for people who were gonna buy madden anyways.

Sorry for double post but the coupon should be good for mutiple sets of games like the ones from a few weeks ago so if you buy 4 you would get 2 free, etc. Just make sure you group the games up right so the computer doesnt rip you off.

New Steal of the week for 10 points

B2G1 Free on pre-owned games with the purchase of Madden NFL 12.

Not a bad deal and could be even better if you can possibly return Madden if you not interested in it and keep the pre-owned games that were purchased.

No power at my place still so I'll have to update this sometime in the future. A lame PUR in my opinion, though. No way would I buy Madden at retail.

bread's done
Back