Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!
I've seen PUR talk in multiple GameStop threads, as well as a couple threads dedicated to the Steal of the Week, so I figure it's about time we have a thread dedicated to PUR. I'll try to keep it updated every week with the Steal of the Week and any additional eye-catching rewards.

FAQs and general info are in the second post.

Epic Reward
11/1 - 11/31
Assassin's Creed Leave Your Legacy Epic Experience.

Giveaway Includes:

• Your likeness as a character in the next
    Assassin's Creed game!
  • Trip for 2 to the Ubisoft Montreal studios with
    exclusive tour.
  • Swag bag full of one-of-a-kind Assassin's Creed gear.
Special Promotions

Saint's Row "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes
Just pre-order* Saints Row: The Third between Wednesday, September 28 and Monday, November 14, and pick up your copy by Tuesday, November 22, to be instantly entered in the "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes. The grand prize winner receives:

• Mitsubishi 92" 3D Home Cinema TV (Yes, that's 92 inches, as in, "Which wall should I cover with my 92-inch TV?")
  • Premium surround sound system
  • Home theater chair
  • 2 next generation game consoles
  • Saints Row: The Third Collectors' Editions for both systems
  • Four collectable limited edition posters

Steal of the Week
11/21 - 11/27
Get 25% Extra Trade Credit Toward Any Pre-Order
Cost: 1500 points

$5 Off Select Pre-Owned Assassin’s Creed Games

Get 25% extra trade credit toward the pre-order of any new game from Monday, November 21, through Sunday, December 11

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']New Steal of the Week just came up for me: Get $20 in-store credit when you trade in a copy of Super Mario All-Stars LE. I'm guessing they mean the regular edition? I didn't even know there was an LE.[/QUOTE]

that's it. that's the steal of the week for next week. Wow :wall::wall:

Excellent news:

The B2G1 steal of the week coupon works with multiple games.

I went in today planning on using it for 3 $35 games, and it just so happened I was also purchasing 3 cheap games in the same transaction. I noticed after everything was rung up that not only was a $35 game free, but also the cheapest of the other 3. As soon as I found that out, I told him to hold on, and searched for 3 more. I ended up buying 6 games and got 3 free. I wish I were more prepared and had more credit on me, I would've bought even more.

So for those on the fence... I think this should push you over. An excellent steal at 7500 points.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Excellent news:

I went in today planning on using it for 3 $35 games, and it just so happened I was also purchasing 3 cheap games in the same transaction. I noticed after everything was rung up that not only was a $35 game free, but also the cheapest of the other 3. As soon as I found that out, I told him to hold on, and searched for 3 more. I ended up buying 6 games and got 3 free. I wish I were more prepared and had more credit on me, I would've bought even more.

So for those on the fence... I think this should push you over. An excellent steal at 7500 points.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's awesome. I actually have a list of seven games at $18-20 that I'm looking at picking up and that'd be perfect. Let's just find a store that has all/most of what I need.

I have enough for the coupon but i am slowly trying to distance myself from GS and i can't find anything worth trading for BB credit

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']My grab bag is supposed to be here on Monday. I'll let you guys know what I get in it.[/QUOTE]

I caved and ordered one today. Hopefully we get some good stuff.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']My grab bag is supposed to be here on Monday. I'll let you guys know what I get in it.[/QUOTE]
Brace yourself!
tumblr_ljdzc4o8Sp1qzn550o1_500.jpg

Just got my e-rewards gift cards yesterday. I'm not sure how many points I have in my account, but when I tried to log onto the PUR site, I can only get to the main page. Getting 310 errors (too many redirects).

EDIT: Nevermind, It wouldn't load in Chrome or IE...came up in Firefox, though.

[quote name='spauldingfan']Anyone had any luck using the coupon twice? I want to use my points on it but may have to go to 2 different GS to get the games I want.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you can't do that.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Excellent news:

So for those on the fence... I think this should push you over. An excellent steal at 7500 points.[/QUOTE]

Worked for me as well, bought 12 games to flip to best buy, made the points from the coupon back just about.

[quote name='spauldingfan']Looks like I'm going the multiple games in one transaction route then. Any good BB flips you found other than GT5 or Portal 2?[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect 2 PS3 is the best one right now, trades in for 20 at best buy and is 26.99 used at gamestop. I did MVC 3, GT 5, Portal 2, and ME 2. GTA 4 complete is a decent one too, but the three stores I went to had none used.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Mass Effect 2 PS3 is the best one right now, trades in for 20 at best buy and is 26.99 used at gamestop. I did MVC 3, GT 5, Portal 2, and ME 2. GTA 4 complete is a decent one too, but the three stores I went to had none used.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Thanks for the info. But I thought Mvc3 was only 17 before 40%? I got about 400 in credit I want to move over.

[quote name='spauldingfan']Sweet! Thanks for the info. But I thought Mvc3 was only 17 before 40%? I got about 400 in credit I want to move over.[/QUOTE]

It is, but you still make about 20 bucks off a set of three. Yeah I have over 1500 in store credit myself, going to move more tomorrow.

[quote name='Ramandur']mlb 11 the show was 23 base at bb, same as portal 2 and gran turismo[/QUOTE]

Ill look for that tomorrow too, didnt realize they dropped it again, thank you.

Is it just me or has Gamestop employees been able to start seeing your purchase history whenever they scan your PUR card? The last 2 times I bought games in-store the employee was commenting on whether I picked up some games that were on sale that last few times. They asked me if I got 007 goldeneye and Blood stone. If so, they could see the multiples I bought that I traded into BB and Amazon.... so much for discretion? :whistle2:#

Yeah they can see now. I went Friday to get God of War III and he asked if there was anything I wanted to pre-order because they noticed that I have preordered Gears of War 3 and Modern Warfare 3.

I was wondering the same. Not because I buy stuff from GS to flip other places, but because when I buy a second or third copy of something as a gift. It's been brought up that I've bought the game before twice in the past month, once for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and once for Assassin's Creed 2.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Question does the coupon expire tonight or tomorrow? On powerup it say expire on sunday but say 8/8.[/QUOTE]

The chance to redeem for the coupon expires tonight, but the coupon doesnt expire till the 21st.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Who would sell their 7500 point coupon for $5? Seriously that makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

This guy for $6

[quote name='killerthrust']willing to part with a BUY2G1 free coupon or a 10 dollar off a pre own game for 6 bucks if anyone is interested. Not gonna use my power up points anyway[/QUOTE]

But thanks for the opinion...;)

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Who would sell their 7500 point coupon for $5? Seriously that makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

I agree, the coupon can potentially be worth alot more.

All sorts of people, no need to crap on this guy. Some people might have no interest in these points that go towards GS credit only and want to turn it into cash. Personally I wouldn't do it but it's not hard to imagine someone else would want to

Ya I would if I have the credit gamestop sucks I only go there if the trade in value is 50 percent or I don't wanna do eBay

[quote name='hk1200']Yeah they can see now. I went Friday to get God of War III and he asked if there was anything I wanted to pre-order because they noticed that I have preordered Gears of War 3 and Modern Warfare 3.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I was wondering the same. Not because I buy stuff from GS to flip other places, but because when I buy a second or third copy of something as a gift. It's been brought up that I've bought the game before twice in the past month, once for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and once for Assassin's Creed 2.[/QUOTE]

Ah bummer which leads me to my more important question: can GS employees now see your recent trade-in history? If they can see your purchases, I wonder why not - they probably can see your recent trade-in history as well. I've traded in multiples before.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']A bunch of Killzone stuff is on "sale". Never played any of them myself, but 5500 points for a shirt isn't bad at all.[/QUOTE]

yea i actually was a bit disappointed when i saw this, since i just dropped 7500 on a brink T shirt.. would've rather grabbed one of those ones for cheaper, oh well

Did the Steal of the week coupon work exactly like the standard B2g1 you get for signing up? I.E. being able to get several games on one transaction?

[quote name='spauldingfan']Did the Steal of the week coupon work exactly like the standard B2g1 you get for signing up? I.E. being able to get several games on one transaction?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bought 12 games the first time and 18 the second time.

Is the steal of the week coupon good for one transaction or one set of three games? Could one, in theory, but say four games an get two free

I think we're all misunderstanding this concept.

The steal of the week is referring to GameStop stealing our hard earned points, not us stealing the rewards. I get it now!

I also got in the coupon buy 6 get 3 free. A very annoying problem. I choose zelda 3ds as one of the title and notice that no box and when i ask they said they toss the used 3ds game box i was like wth but i was,in a hurryand go along with it. Is it store policy??? I might return within 7 day since no box piss me off...

I dont know if this has been said, but who would spend 7500 PUR points for a BG21 used game coupon? That's absolutely ridiculous. Especially when you consider how often Gamestop has B2G1 sales. This is both laughable and sickening.

[quote name='Xellos2099']I also got in the coupon buy 6 get 3 free. A very annoying problem. I choose zelda 3ds as one of the title and notice that no box and when i ask they said they toss the used 3ds game box i was like wth but i was,in a hurryand go along with it. Is it store policy??? I might return within 7 day since no box piss me off...[/QUOTE]

It depends on your store, but yeah, a lot of stores do that. They'll toss 3DS and DS boxes because they take up too much room compared to the cartridge, especially when the cartridge is so durable. Stores that still have PS2 games do that as well, especially if the game is worth $5 or less.

[quote name='Jurassic425']I dont know if this has been said, but who would spend 7500 PUR points for a BG21 used game coupon? That's absolutely ridiculous. Especially when you consider how often Gamestop has B2G1 sales. This is both laughable and sickening.[/QUOTE]

How often do they have B2G1 sales? Maybe a few times a year? You make it seem like it's every other week.

Considering a $10 off used game coupon is 8000 points, this 7500 point coupon could be potentially worth $50. I'd say it's a good deal, and at least the best Steal we've had since the $10 off one, especially if you plan on flipping the games.

Go complain somewhere else and hoard your PUR points then.

Personally I had over 75000 points from just flipping games, I bought 2 coupons, with the points from the purchases I ended up getting one of the coupons for free and I'll get another here soon when I renew my card. Each of the coupons made me 100+, well worth it if you ask me. This week they dropped down the show 11, portal 2 and GT 5 to where they were great flips at best buy.

Laughable my ass.

Hey guys, I got in my grab bag today like I thought I would. And... Well...

HNI_0011.jpg

Gamestop. This is not a bag. I was a little thrown off at first, and ended up cutting my middle finger as I tried to pry off the plastic cap before realizing it was stapled in place with those obnoxious big staples. After properly removing it, I removed the contents and here's what was inside.

HNI_0012.jpg

1. Game Informer Epic Mickey Poster.
2. Red Gamestop Powerup Rewards Water Bottle. Made of metal.
3. Tactics Ogre... Cards of some sort.
4. Marvel vs. Capcom 3... Move cards or something. Whatever the pre-order bonus was.
5. XXL ISA Athletic Department T-Shirt. I think it's a Killzone shirt.

Overall, I got more than I expected, and better than what I expected. I may place a second order just to see what else they have to throw in there. Looking forward to hearing what everyone else got in theirs. :]

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Hey guys, I got in my grab bag today like I thought I would. And... Well...

HNI_0011.jpg

Gamestop. This is not a bag. I was a little thrown off at first, and ended up cutting my middle finger as I tried to pry off the plastic cap before realizing it was stapled in place with those obnoxious big staples. After properly removing it, I removed the contents and here's what was inside.

HNI_0012.jpg

1. Game Informer Epic Mickey Poster.
2. Red Gamestop Powerup Rewards Water Bottle. Made of metal.
3. Tactics Ogre... Cards of some sort.
4. Marvel vs. Capcom 3... Move cards or something. Whatever the pre-order bonus was.
5. XXL ISA Athletic Department T-Shirt. I think it's a Killzone shirt.

Overall, I got more than I expected, and better than what I expected. I may place a second order just to see what else they have to throw in there. Looking forward to hearing what everyone else got in theirs. :][/QUOTE]

That's actually pretty awesome. I bought those Tactic Ogre cards at full price points already. It's a shame the shirt is XXL, way too large for me. I figured most of the shirts would be too big so I didn't bother... but that's definitely worth it IMO, as long as there are one or two things you like.

Got my grab bag today also. All the same stuff as posted above but I also got some Hunted Demon Forge temporary stick on tattoos.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']That's actually pretty awesome. I bought those Tactic Ogre cards at full price points already. It's a shame the shirt is XXL, way too large for me. I figured most of the shirts would be too big so I didn't bother... but that's definitely worth it IMO, as long as there are one or two things you like.[/QUOTE]

You put what size shirt you want when you order the grab bag because every one comes with a random t-shirt.

bread's done
Back