Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!
I've seen PUR talk in multiple GameStop threads, as well as a couple threads dedicated to the Steal of the Week, so I figure it's about time we have a thread dedicated to PUR. I'll try to keep it updated every week with the Steal of the Week and any additional eye-catching rewards.

FAQs and general info are in the second post.

Epic Reward
11/1 - 11/31
Assassin's Creed Leave Your Legacy Epic Experience.

Giveaway Includes:

• Your likeness as a character in the next
    Assassin's Creed game!
  • Trip for 2 to the Ubisoft Montreal studios with
    exclusive tour.
  • Swag bag full of one-of-a-kind Assassin's Creed gear.
Special Promotions

Saint's Row "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes
Just pre-order* Saints Row: The Third between Wednesday, September 28 and Monday, November 14, and pick up your copy by Tuesday, November 22, to be instantly entered in the "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes. The grand prize winner receives:

• Mitsubishi 92" 3D Home Cinema TV (Yes, that's 92 inches, as in, "Which wall should I cover with my 92-inch TV?")
  • Premium surround sound system
  • Home theater chair
  • 2 next generation game consoles
  • Saints Row: The Third Collectors' Editions for both systems
  • Four collectable limited edition posters

Steal of the Week
11/21 - 11/27
Get 25% Extra Trade Credit Toward Any Pre-Order
Cost: 1500 points

$5 Off Select Pre-Owned Assassin’s Creed Games

Get 25% extra trade credit toward the pre-order of any new game from Monday, November 21, through Sunday, December 11

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a bunch of points to spend at the moment, and it seems like the deals of the week aren't getting any better. Anyone have any recommendations as to physical items they've gotten and were actually pleased?

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I have a bunch of points to spend at the moment, and it seems like the deals of the week aren't getting any better. Anyone have any recommendations as to physical items they've gotten and were actually pleased?[/QUOTE]

The hdmi cord I mentioned earlier in the thread i am pleased with. I know they are really cheap online but at least I put my points towards something ( still have some left ). if you have an hdmi cord or two then there isn't any other physical item I can recomend to you honestly

[quote name='strait edge follower']The hdmi cord I mentioned earlier in the thread i am pleased with. I know they are really cheap online but at least I put my points towards something ( still have some left ). if you have an hdmi cord or two then there isn't any other physical item I can recomend to you honestly[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I have an abundance of HDMI cords, as they are ridiculously cheap online and I picked some up from BBV on clearance a couple weeks ago. I have no idea what I'm going to do with 3 25-foot HDMI cords, but for under $2 a pop, I'll gladly allow them to collect dust for the future.

I was thinking more along the lines of the gamer swag and whatnot. Some seem pretty cool, but it's always hit or miss when you actually get it in person if it's worth the points you paid for.

[quote name='KingofGames']The best items on the rewards page are the promo items typically handed out for preorders and midnight openings. The Fallout New Vegas launch kit they had for 12k points has been going for over $100 on Ebay. I'm really glad I nabbed one.[/QUOTE]

wow, and i remember passing up on that cus the items looked cheap to me, should've checked ebay.... i had enough points too, and am not doing anything with them... bummer :cry:

[quote name='toss']how many lifetime points do you guys/gals have?[/quote]

Their customer service for this is terrible though and I know there are transactions which are not on my list of activity...not sure if the games just didn't show up but the points still did or what. However every time I try to figure it out they turn it into this long "well you need to talk to THIS person...oh sorry, no, THAT person was who you needed...oh I'm sorry I meant this other person"...ARGH!

I was able to use my 20% birthday coupon from power up rewards on a PSP yesterday. I'm sure it is YMMV, but if anyone has one laying around you might be able to use it on a used console.

38.934 lifetime; not sure of my start date, but I guess it's about a year prior to my last renewal, so March 2010. Also just found out I can see my trade credit balance on there, sweet.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I started May 29th, 2010 and have 54,271 lifetime points.[/QUOTE]

As CaptainJoel I was in a test market that started around this time and I had 40k points lifetime.

I know what the next steal of the week should be: Turn in your Gamestop rewards Pro card and receive your 14 bucks back.... I miss the days of gamecrazy

Not sure if anybody has mentioned this yet, but there is now a Power Up Rewards iphone app. Its free to download in the app store. It also has some bonuses that give you points.
Here's a screencap of the downloaded app:

16b8ec3a.jpg

I'm just curious but...my PUR card expired, but I'm still getting a discount online. Is this normal? Seeing as how CAG16 doesn't work anymore (at least not for me), I'm hoping to take advantages of this as long as I can.

This one confuses me, unless it stacks with the current +25 on hardware, if it does then it is a pretty good use of 1.5k points as long as you were already going to trade in a ds this week.

[quote name='Lhallfin']This one confuses me, unless it stacks with the current +25 on hardware, if it does then it is a pretty good use of 1.5k points as long as you were already going to trade in a ds this week.[/QUOTE]

Even if it does stack with the extra $25 on hardware, it's only for trading up a DS to 3DS. How many people were planning on doing that this week? My guess is maybe a dozen or so, haha.

The Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman aprons are now available for order. Pretty steep at 14,130 points apiece, though.

I'm actually seriously considering selling my DsiXL and about 20 games since I never play it...I would've traded it to Gamestop for $85 but I have no interest in a 3DS...too bad.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']The Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman aprons are now available for order. Pretty steep at 14,130 points apiece, though.[/QUOTE]
If they just had Captain Marvel I'd be in for it. :cool:

not to sure if this belongs here, but I just opened an email from GS and it said that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption for the wii is only 9.99 new and pre-owned both instore and online.

It's Monday and no steal of the week posted yet. At least we don't have a reason to be disappointed yet.

They did add a new sweepstakes for preordering Deus Ex though.

The new PUR Steal is up and like most of them, it's a sad face.

Want an extra 50% in-store credit? Check out the new Steal of the Week!

Get an extra 50% in-store credit toward NCAA Football 2012 by trading in any of your 2011 sports titles at GameStop. For only 500 points in the reward catalog you can catch this Steal of the Week coupon before it disappears Sunday, July 17.

For the buy 2 get 1 free coupon you receive when you sign up for power up reward pro, when you redeem it, can it only be used for 1 set of 3 games, or are you able to purchase additional sets of 3 games (as long as its in the same transaction) and get 1 free as well?. I know it is a time use coupon. Thanks to anyone who knows.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']The new PUR Steal is up and like most of them, it's a sad face.

Want an extra 50% in-store credit? Check out the new Steal of the Week!

Get an extra 50% in-store credit toward NCAA Football 2012 by trading in any of your 2011 sports titles at GameStop. For only 500 points in the reward catalog you can catch this Steal of the Week coupon before it disappears Sunday, July 17.[/QUOTE]

This was literally posted up 2 minutes after my last post, haha. It's as if PUR knew I was hunting for the new SotW.

Epic sad face. I thought at some point they'd have to get better, but no... progressively worse each week.

They also added a couple Gears of War tshirts, one for men and one for women.

A bit on the pricy side, but more rewards are better than no rewards.

[quote name='Denbo32']50% trade in isn't a bad steal of the week.[/QUOTE]

It is when it's limited to certain titles being traded in to another certain title AND costs 500 of your PUR points... especially when you can get 40% extra trade in credit with no restrictions for free.

Bleah, missed the part of any 2011 sports game.

I figured it was just 50% trade in toward NCAA, which you could always cancel and ge your credit in the future.

But that 2011 Sports game makes it suck

[quote name='xskaxninjax']It is when it's limited to certain titles being traded in to another certain title AND costs 500 of your PUR points... especially when you can get 40% extra trade in credit with no restrictions for free.[/QUOTE]

Were it not for the restriction on the titles you're trading in, it would be a decent deal.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Man, I wish the Playstation Network credits were back in stock.[/QUOTE]

It's not quite the same, and of course it depends on how many points you have, but 10k points will get you a $10 off any purchase coupon. You could then use that to buy a $20 PSN card for $10. Overall a better deal that way but it would require more points and spending some real money.

[quote name='JustinSaneV2']Does anybody have all of the answers to the bonus questions on the GameStop iPhone app? (you receive 10 bonus reward points per question)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gamestop-powerup-rewards/id406033647?mt=8[/QUOTE]

Here are the questions and the answers I have thus far:

How many points do you get for completing your profile information and establishing your Game Library?
Up to 500

How many entries per purchase or trade do PowerUp Rewards Pro Members get in the monthly Epic Rewards Giveaway?

How many points per dollar do members receive for games and consoles traded in?
20 per dollar

Who drives the GameStop race car?
Joey Logano

How many points per dollar spent on pre-owned games, accessories and consoles do members receive?
20 per dollar

Who is the GameStop pre-owned spokesperson?
Buck the Bunny

How many GameStop stores are there worldwide?
5000+

How many points per dollar spent on new games, consoles and strategy guides do members receive?
10 points per dollar

How many Epic Rewards have their been to date?
[Unknown]

What colors represent the Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 platform sections in your local GameStop store?
[Unknown]

Aside from Steal of the Week, what's the minimum number of points you must have before you can redeem for something in the Rewards Catalog?
[Unknown] - Question glitched and would not allow me to answer or see the list of possible answers

There is one more question but I answered it before I thought to write it down.

Wrong Place to ask this but i doubt that the code thread would accept this? Can anyone trade me a coupon for $10 off a gamecube, ps2, or xbox? Im willing to trade for said coupon. I didn't have enough points to get it.

[quote name='Legit HC']Does anyone know how we can get the coupon for the $30 towards Madden 11 in exchange for NCAA 12?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what coupon you're talking about. The Steal of the Week is an extra 50% bonus on 2011 games traded toward NCAA 12. So if you traded in Madden 11 towards NCAA 12 you'd get an extra 50% credit (60% if you're PUR pro), but that's still not nearly $30.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Wrong Place to ask this but i doubt that the code thread would accept this? Can anyone trade me a coupon for $10 off a gamecube, ps2, or xbox? Im willing to trade for said coupon. I didn't have enough points to get it.[/QUOTE]

Depending on what you had to trade, I'd be interested. However, pulled from the PUR FAQ:

1. Can I give an electronic certificate to a friend or family member? Um, no. Even if it's your best friend. Certificates are not transferable and may not be combined among PowerUp Rewards members or conveyed by any means to anyone.
I think coupons DO work on other accounts, although I'm not 100% positive. Although I'm sure they can track them if they want to, and the last thing I need is to get in trouble with Gamestop. I have too many PUR points and credit to lose, haha.

[quote name='chingychink']$3 in PSN credit are back for 3080 points, redeem them now...[/QUOTE]
Do they run out quick? I don't necessarily need PSN credit, but I ordered $6 anyway. I just wish they'd do the same for Microsoft Points.

New Steal of the Week is up, and as with the recent trend... it's terrible.

Get Assassin's Creed 1 + 2 + Brotherhood for $49.99. The coupon is supposed to cost 500 points according to the ad on the homepage, but it's 1000 in the rewards section.

It mentions nothing about whether these are new or used, but I'm sure they're used since no one carries the first two games new anymore.

A terrible "steal" once again. Used prices:
360 versions: AC ($8) + AC2 ($18) + AC:B ($27) = $53
PS3 versions: AC ($10) + AC2 ($18) + AC:B ($27) = $55

You save a measley THREE DOLLARS on all three games combined if you use this for the 360 versions. It goes up to a whole 5 if you get the PS3 versions :roll:

And then, of course, even if you are interested, you have to find a Gamestop that has all three games in stock since you have to purchase them in one transaction.

i'm almost interested, if the price was right. (like, $40 tops). 'cept i already have AC1, i need AC2 and brotherhood, have Revolutions preordered. why can't they get these coupons right? $3 savings? *sigh

edit: actually, even $40 would be a bit steep, lol. definitely a pass for me

bread's done
Back