Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!
I've seen PUR talk in multiple GameStop threads, as well as a couple threads dedicated to the Steal of the Week, so I figure it's about time we have a thread dedicated to PUR. I'll try to keep it updated every week with the Steal of the Week and any additional eye-catching rewards.

FAQs and general info are in the second post.

Epic Reward
11/1 - 11/31
Assassin's Creed Leave Your Legacy Epic Experience.

Giveaway Includes:

• Your likeness as a character in the next
    Assassin's Creed game!
  • Trip for 2 to the Ubisoft Montreal studios with
    exclusive tour.
  • Swag bag full of one-of-a-kind Assassin's Creed gear.
Special Promotions

Saint's Row "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes
Just pre-order* Saints Row: The Third between Wednesday, September 28 and Monday, November 14, and pick up your copy by Tuesday, November 22, to be instantly entered in the "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes. The grand prize winner receives:

• Mitsubishi 92" 3D Home Cinema TV (Yes, that's 92 inches, as in, "Which wall should I cover with my 92-inch TV?")
  • Premium surround sound system
  • Home theater chair
  • 2 next generation game consoles
  • Saints Row: The Third Collectors' Editions for both systems
  • Four collectable limited edition posters

Steal of the Week
11/21 - 11/27
Get 25% Extra Trade Credit Toward Any Pre-Order
Cost: 1500 points

$5 Off Select Pre-Owned Assassin’s Creed Games

Get 25% extra trade credit toward the pre-order of any new game from Monday, November 21, through Sunday, December 11

Last edited by a moderator:
For the Gamestop app, did anyone have trouble logging in? Reviews and my personal experience have an error saying credentials are wrong with they are certainly right.

I could REALLY use the extra 70 points to get a $5 coupon...

Thanks!

I picked up the deluxe versions of all 3 on PC during the Steam Sale for under $28 - all the DLC available for each game :\ Sure looks pretty. Come on Gamestop.

There is a Harry Potter Lego T-Shirt that's part of the rewards package that i'd love to buy from someone who has PUR points to spare. Shoot me a pm if have some points you wouldn't mind parting with

[quote name='Heavyd814life']There is a Harry Potter Lego T-Shirt that's part of the rewards package that i'd love to buy from someone who has PUR points to spare. Shoot me a pm if have some points you wouldn't mind parting with[/QUOTE]

PMed.

[quote name='mattcube64']For the Gamestop app, did anyone have trouble logging in? Reviews and my personal experience have an error saying credentials are wrong with they are certainly right.

I could REALLY use the extra 70 points to get a $5 coupon...

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Are you already linked to Kongregate? That'll get you the points you need in a jiffy.

Even if you are, you should be able to pick up the 70 points you need just by getting the badge of the day every day for about a week.

Nano Hexbugs were added today at 9,000 points apiece.

Never heard of them before, but a quick google search leads me to believe they're just some new fad for children. They do look kindof neat in mass quantities, but at nearly 10 bucks each, pretty ridiculous. But you know kids will want them anyway...

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Are you already linked to Kongregate? That'll get you the points you need in a jiffy.

Even if you are, you should be able to pick up the 70 points you need just by getting the badge of the day every day for about a week.[/QUOTE]

Will do!

Thank you! Don't know why I didn't think about that...

[quote name='Jawmuncher']Is the assassin creed deal for new copies or just used?[/QUOTE]

I am wondering the same thing.

There is a Harry Potter Lego T-Shirt that's part of the rewards package that i'd love to buy from someone who has PUR points to spare. Shoot me a pm if have some points you wouldn't mind parting with

battlefiel.png

[quote name='JustinSaneV2']
battlefiel.png
[/QUOTE]

Cool I will go to GS and buy something for the P'Zone thanks man!!!! JK I got mine yesterday. The LE edition only comes with extra 4 maps and that's it?

[quote name='Npat12']The deal is up today. Is this series worth it. I know your not saving much, but am considering it.[/QUOTE]

The series is great except for assassins freeze part one. One of the glitchiest games ive ever played. It it will freeze on you at least 6 times during Your playthrough (i had 9 freeze ups) as for the game, the beggers and crazed men will drive you insaine to the point where you want to put Your head in burning sand. Oh and the investigation missions suck bad and are pointless. Now for the other two, those are by far superior in every way 10 fold. Just force yourself through the first one for the story (its worth it)

[quote name='Npat12']The deal is up today. Is this series worth it. I know your not saving much, but am considering it.[/QUOTE]

I hated the first one after about 2 hours, but the second one was great. Never played the third one, but heard its even better than part 2.

The deal is up today. Is this series worth it. I know your not saving much, but am considering it.
Actually I believe this is last week's deal, they don't post new deals until monday. I thought AC1 was repetitive, ACII was fantastic and ACB is feature-wise the best but I preferred the setting and story of II plus I don't really like the yearly installment idea

[quote name='iamsmart']Actually I believe this is last week's deal, they don't post new deals until monday. I thought AC1 was repetitive, ACII was fantastic and ACB is feature-wise the best but I preferred the setting and story of II plus I don't really like the yearly installment idea[/QUOTE]

In my acct. Its still giving me the option to get the steal of the week. So if I spent my 500 pts now. I wouldnt be able to go into gamestop and get the AC series if it has ended.

[quote name='Npat12']In my acct. Its still giving me the option to get the steal of the week. So if I spent my 500 pts now. I wouldnt be able to go into gamestop and get the AC series if it has ended.[/QUOTE]

The Steal of the Week runs from Monday to Sunday. The Assassin's Creed coupon is still available.

Redeeming your points just gives you a coupon. Just because the SotW is ending, doesn't mean the coupon is expiring. The coupon should be valid for at least a couple weeks after you get it. You don't have to run out and use it today.

Yeah, I need to do the same. I forgot to the last time I was in my GS. Probably not even going to pick up BF3, but if I do I want my extras!

wow, playing kongregate for gamestop pur points is like dripping water torture.
i have found some fun games, but wow, so little points for badge of the days!

Just to let you guys know, the whole free p'zone deal is a sham. When you get the email confirmation for free p'zone and click to redeem it, it does nothing. Even if you add pizza and p'zone, it doesn't void the p'zone price on the confirmation menu.

[quote name='poker360']Next weeks deal is shit.

2000 points for extra 50% wii / 3ds / ds game trade ins..

facepalm.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks Gamestop! I was really hoping you'd let me pay for something I already get for free.

WISH GRANTED.

[quote name='Velo214']wow, playing kongregate for gamestop pur points is like dripping water torture.
i have found some fun games, but wow, so little points for badge of the days![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was trying to go that route, but gave up. Are there any other ways to earn points besides buying stuff from Gamestop?

Has anyone else not had PUR points add on to their account since the beginning of this week? I got a copy of RDR:Undead Nightmare on Saturday, as well as traded some games in on Monday, but the last activity on my card shows 7/18. I know they utilized my PUR as I gave them my number and it shows on the receipt.

[quote name='heartagram311']Has anyone else not had PUR points add on to their account since the beginning of this week? I got a copy of RDR:Undead Nightmare on Saturday, as well as traded some games in on Monday, but the last activity on my card shows 7/18. I know they utilized my PUR as I gave them my number and it shows on the receipt.[/QUOTE]

it takes awhile fo them to add it. Can anyone tell me where i would put a $5 off coupon from PUR on a online purchase. I want to get Bloodstone for $10 but with my coupon it will be 5 with tax. Please help me out.

[quote name='heartagram311']Has anyone else not had PUR points add on to their account since the beginning of this week? I got a copy of RDR:Undead Nightmare on Saturday, as well as traded some games in on Monday, but the last activity on my card shows 7/18. I know they utilized my PUR as I gave them my number and it shows on the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Me too... bought games and traded in stuff on Saturday and has not posted to my account yet.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']it takes awhile fo them to add it. Can anyone tell me where i would put a $5 off coupon from PUR on a online purchase. I want to get Bloodstone for $10 but with my coupon it will be 5 with tax. Please help me out.[/QUOTE]
you can't use the coupon online. Somewhere on the coupon it should say In Store only.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Me too... bought games and traded in stuff on Saturday and has not posted to my account yet.[/QUOTE]

Okay, good deal. At least I know I'm not the only person who was having trouble with points not being added.

Thank you for confirming this! I am glad I'm not the only one! I did a TON of trading and buying Thursday and Sunday and no points have been added and I was freaking out so I called them and this is what I got.

CS: Hello?

Me: Yes, hi! I'm having problems with the Powerup Rewards site.

CS: And what is the nature of your problem?

Me: I did some trading and purchases this past weekend and points haven't been added to my account yet and I was looking forward to getting this game this week and would like to pick up a coupon to make it cheaper.

CS: Okay, hold.

Me: Okay.

CS: *hangs up*

They did it twice.

I haven't gotten my points added either, traded in > $100 worth of stuff last saturday. just went to order something on GameStop.com though and looked in my wallet for my powerup rewards card, it's not there. guessing i forgot it in the store, or they never handed it back to me. i started to worry maybe the trade-in didn't go thru (since I haven't received any points since) , but luckily i have the receipt. unfortunately i have to go 15-20 minutes out of my way to go get my card... blah

[quote name='GoVols']What if you pre-ordered Battlefield 3 prior to july 18th, do u still get the strategy guide?[/QUOTE]

Anyone have confirmation on this?

Has anyone come across this PUR trade in value list?

http://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TradeInsJuly11-3?var=LpsbSM+VdYcjLTuhOYUwyA====

I cant seem to find the PUR trade in list on the homepage anywhere.

The deals are

Trade 2 select games, get any pre-owned game ($54.99) free
Trade 2 select games, get any game ($59.99) free
Trade 2 select games, get select game you've pre-orderd for free

Someone posted this link on the SOCOM . com forums....Can anyone confirm this works? This deal Expires on 7/31.

[quote name='just4socom']Has anyone come across this PUR trade in value list?

http://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TradeInsJuly11-3?var=LpsbSM+VdYcjLTuhOYUwyA====

I cant seem to find the PUR trade in list on the homepage anywhere.

The deals are

Trade 2 select games, get any pre-owned game ($54.99) free
Trade 2 select games, get any game ($59.99) free
Trade 2 select games, get select game you've pre-orderd for free

Someone posted this link on the SOCOM . com forums....Can anyone confirm this works? This deal Expires on 7/31.[/QUOTE]

wow that's awesome, if only it didnt expire in a couple days ._.

and i dont see why it wouldn't work, it says it all right there.

And WTH is Bad Company 2 doing on that list???? That game was 15 base. If you could trade that with something would awesome.

How come Homefront is on there for PS3 but not Xbox??

Borderlands GOTY is also on there for those that grabbed it at Best Buy for 9.99. Damn wish I had grabbed a copy.

[quote name='Abeja']Borderlands GOTY is also on there for those that grabbed it at Best Buy for 9.99. Damn wish I had grabbed a copy.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed 3 copies and sold all 3. Would have been nice to have a few for this deal though.

Too bad most of the games on that list can net more than $30 in credit so it's not really worth it. The games would need to have a base value in the mid teens to be worth it.

bread's done
Back