Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!
I've seen PUR talk in multiple GameStop threads, as well as a couple threads dedicated to the Steal of the Week, so I figure it's about time we have a thread dedicated to PUR. I'll try to keep it updated every week with the Steal of the Week and any additional eye-catching rewards.

FAQs and general info are in the second post.

Epic Reward
11/1 - 11/31
Assassin's Creed Leave Your Legacy Epic Experience.

Giveaway Includes:

• Your likeness as a character in the next
    Assassin's Creed game!
  • Trip for 2 to the Ubisoft Montreal studios with
    exclusive tour.
  • Swag bag full of one-of-a-kind Assassin's Creed gear.
Special Promotions

Saint's Row "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes
Just pre-order* Saints Row: The Third between Wednesday, September 28 and Monday, November 14, and pick up your copy by Tuesday, November 22, to be instantly entered in the "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes. The grand prize winner receives:

• Mitsubishi 92" 3D Home Cinema TV (Yes, that's 92 inches, as in, "Which wall should I cover with my 92-inch TV?")
  • Premium surround sound system
  • Home theater chair
  • 2 next generation game consoles
  • Saints Row: The Third Collectors' Editions for both systems
  • Four collectable limited edition posters

Steal of the Week
11/21 - 11/27
Get 25% Extra Trade Credit Toward Any Pre-Order
Cost: 1500 points

$5 Off Select Pre-Owned Assassin’s Creed Games

Get 25% extra trade credit toward the pre-order of any new game from Monday, November 21, through Sunday, December 11

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brawl96']Does anyone know if I get the 25$ off any gamestop purchase, can i use it on an existing pre order? like if the game is 60$, i put 5$, can i use the coupon to get it to 30$?[/QUOTE]

No it has to be for a purchase. Put down the minimum for the preorder then when you pick it up you can use the coupon to drop the amount of what you owe.

[quote name='MSUHitman']No it has to be for a purchase. Put down the minimum for the preorder then when you pick it up you can use the coupon to drop the amount of what you owe.[/QUOTE]

This. You can also use multiple coupons ($xx off). Does not work with percentage off coupons, and you can not use same amount coupons in the same transaction.

IE. You can use a $25 off and a $10 off, but not 2 x $25 off in one transaction.

What do you folks use your points on? I have about 21k and I'm thinking about getting a chatpad or maybe a smaller sized 360 controller for my son to use.

Im thinking about getting a 3DSXL now that I know I can stack different $ off coupons. So that would be a $50, 25, 10, 5 off.

Sitting on 132,000 points. Was thinking about just getting PSN cards and selling them, but a 3DSXL might be better.

[quote name='Althax']What do you folks use your points on? I have about 21k and I'm thinking about getting a chatpad or maybe a smaller sized 360 controller for my son to use.[/QUOTE]

I have a chatpad and I never use it. Now, I never use the facebook feature or really anything else except use my 360 for games. No movies, ESPN, messaging, HBO GO, etc.

Plus, the chatpad makes the controller back heavy and it was more a comfort/annoyance factor for me.

If you really think your son would like it, I would try to find an XBL
Starter Pack (12 months of Live, 400 MS Points, and a chatpad). MS Store has them for about $55.
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...ferralID=28242ce2-fa88-11e1-97b3-001b2166becc

You can also sometimes find older versions of this pack (12 months of Live, PGR4, and chatpad) clearanced (Sears? K-Mart? - can't remember) for $40 - $50. Not bad for a subscription plus all the other goodies.

As far as spending my points, I usually buy coupons for money off used games or a Steal of the Week.

Thanks for the input on the chatpad. I hate how slow inputting messages is with the default controller. Even changing character names in a game becomes a chore.

I ignore so many messages because I don't want to waste a couple minutes with each reply. I'm hoping the pad fixes all that.

Also thinking about a wired controller that I could use on the pc and hopefully is smaller in size for my sons tiny hands.

bread's done
Back