Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!
I've seen PUR talk in multiple GameStop threads, as well as a couple threads dedicated to the Steal of the Week, so I figure it's about time we have a thread dedicated to PUR. I'll try to keep it updated every week with the Steal of the Week and any additional eye-catching rewards.

FAQs and general info are in the second post.

Epic Reward
11/1 - 11/31
Assassin's Creed Leave Your Legacy Epic Experience.

Giveaway Includes:

• Your likeness as a character in the next
    Assassin's Creed game!
  • Trip for 2 to the Ubisoft Montreal studios with
    exclusive tour.
  • Swag bag full of one-of-a-kind Assassin's Creed gear.
Special Promotions

Saint's Row "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes
Just pre-order* Saints Row: The Third between Wednesday, September 28 and Monday, November 14, and pick up your copy by Tuesday, November 22, to be instantly entered in the "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes. The grand prize winner receives:

• Mitsubishi 92" 3D Home Cinema TV (Yes, that's 92 inches, as in, "Which wall should I cover with my 92-inch TV?")
  • Premium surround sound system
  • Home theater chair
  • 2 next generation game consoles
  • Saints Row: The Third Collectors' Editions for both systems
  • Four collectable limited edition posters

Steal of the Week
11/21 - 11/27
Get 25% Extra Trade Credit Toward Any Pre-Order
Cost: 1500 points

$5 Off Select Pre-Owned Assassin’s Creed Games

Get 25% extra trade credit toward the pre-order of any new game from Monday, November 21, through Sunday, December 11

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SuperSonic128']Ok, for those of you who want to know, those $10 off any item coupons DO work on any item. They didn't let me stack them at GS, but I used one on Sonic Generations and one on Uncharted 3. I was required to do it in separate transactions. It's only suppose to be one per visit, but the manager let it slide for me.[/QUOTE]

Guess my store manager overrides it every time I stack them then (done it multiple times). They better hook me up with all the damn pre-ordering I do with them. :cool:

[quote name='xfreefallerx']fuck 2 points short of 6000[/QUOTE]

don't forget about kongregate, especially if you need just a few points, linking accounts, badge of the day and the mobile app are all an easy way to get a few points

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'm pretty sure 3 of my friends died after using these coupons too but I don't remember the details.[/QUOTE]

My sister's husband's brother was hit by a Mack truck when he walking out of Gamestop after using one of these coupons!

UPDATE!

I purchased :360:Sonic Generations this morning for $25 after my $5 reservation and...2 STACKED $10 off COUPONS!

Now I had a situation familiar to some of you - I previously purchased the $10 any coupon for 10K Points weeks ago, then purchased the SOTW coupon for 6K. Whilie both coupons had the same exact graphics, text, and legal jargon, the expiration date and coupon code/bar code was different.

The GameStop employee didn't have any trouble scanning them or hesitation to, he just said "sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't." I did not ask him if two coupons with the same coupon code/expiration date will stack.

I had some credit left over so I used this coupon to pick up a copy of SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked that the store still had, all for $3.

...then I get home and realize that I still had 6042 points after buying the game!

Saving the next $10 coupon for a rainy day. ;)

I went ahead and redeemed my points for two of these Steal of the Week $10 coupons. $10 Off any GameStop Item means I will be able to buy $20 PSN Credit or 1600 Microsoft Points for half off. Considering the fact that my GameStop activity has slowed drastically in the past year due to focusing more on Amazon and GameFly sales, I think this was the best possible way to use them.

I have no idea what I'm going to use this coupon on. The last thing I brought from there was infamous 2 and that was only because I almost got 50$ from trading in la noire the day before it came out. They have given me no reason to shop there at all

I just got one and, yes, it says any one item. No mention of pre-owned. So it looks like it's still working. Now to figure out what to buy with it....

Might just snag some XBL point cards. Redeemed for 2 of these but can't think of anything that I want at GS that I can't find somewhere else for cheaper.

FYI the coupon that prints is still the $10 off ANY purchase. I just got mine today after my U3 points posted and I printed my coupon (which is going to MW3 Hardened next week.)

Do you have to actually print out the coupon or can you just redeem it on your account for points and then they "use" the coupon for you in store in the same way they can see how much store credit you have on the card?

I hate how a new set of ink cartridges costs just as much as buying a new printer.

So I got a 20 percent off 1 pre owned game coupon for my bday this month from PUR. I already know it probably won't work with their BF B2G1F sale but has anyone else used one yet? Does it stack with normal PUR 10 percent off? And what should I use it on, dead island or skyrim?

[quote name='ponn01']So I got a 20 percent off 1 pre owned game coupon for my bday this month from PUR. I already know it probably won't work with their BF B2G1F sale but has anyone else used one yet? Does it stack with normal PUR 10 percent off? And what should I use it on, dead island or skyrim?[/QUOTE]

I used mine in June on what I think was a $35 game and the history says I paid $27.24. I have no clue how that's possible, but yes PUR stacks with everything.

Also I think Dead Island is overpriced at $40 used. Amazon had it $40 new a few days ago didn't they? I'd wait till it was at most $30, or find something else.

[quote name='MetallicAttack']So the deal of the week coupon is actually $10 off ANYTHING, not just used stuff?[/QUOTE]

I used one to buy a 1600 MS pts card for $9.99 last night.

Awesome. Got a coupon. Says it expires, for me, on 1/31/12. I'll probably use it in a few weeks on UMVC3. Gotta have that ish day 1.

[quote name='MetallicAttack']So the deal of the week coupon is actually $10 off ANYTHING, not just used stuff?[/QUOTE]

Yes someone at corporate screwed up and the $10 off ANY purchase coupon is what shows up after purchase and prints out. This is a 4k point discount on what that coupon usually costs (10k points.)

Man I didnt check this thread before buy a 10,000 point $10 off anything coupon thinking it wouldn't still be active. Bought one for 10,000 said screw it and tried the 6,000 one and it went through. exp date on mine was 1/31/12

[quote name='PS3_Moose']I don't remember - can the $10 off coupons be used more than once?[/QUOTE]

I think 1 coupon + Powerup Card

Has anyone's PUR account been slow to update this week? Prior days purchases usually show up the next morning, but that hasn't been the case this week. I have made purchases every day this week but nothing has posted since the 1st. The points from those purchases would give me enough to get another SOTW coupon. Maybe they know this and are holding back on purpose. I've redeemed 2 already this week.

So....Mortal Kombat for 360 is $30 new with your power up rewards card. Not a bad deal at $30. Still think I may wait until it hits $20. Just a heads up for anyone interested.

[quote name='Rollobobo']So....Mortal Kombat for 360 is $30 new with your power up rewards card. Not a bad deal at $30. Still think I may wait until it hits $20. Just a heads up for anyone interested.[/QUOTE]

Damn you sure that they wont take $30 off the used price aswell? I would love to get MK for $15.

^ They usually leave the used price the same since that's their bread & butter sales right there. Unless it's a universal price drop, the used price may stay the same and be higher than the new price.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']^ They usually leave the used price the same since that's their bread & butter sales right there. Unless it's a universal price drop, the used price may stay the same and be higher than the new price.[/QUOTE]

yeah your probably right. THeres no way GS would put MK for $15. I was hoping since I saw that they would take $30 off it would apply to both new and used but thats a LONG LONG shot.

I left my card in the store and it was gone when I went back (even though employee said it was in the safe), anyway it looks like a purchase was made that I don't remember. Can someone use points to buy xbla points with just the card or is that online only?

Steal of the week is now $5 off of pre-owned PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, World at War, or Black Ops.

2,500 points.

Damn, and I just saw that the $10 coupon was on anything, was logging in to get it. :(

[quote name='Logain8955']Steal of the week is now $5 off of pre-owned PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, World at War, or Black Ops.

2,500 points.

Damn, and I just saw that the $10 coupon was on anything, was logging in to get it. :([/QUOTE]

The coupon is still available for me. It's not listed as the SOTW, but it's still 6000 pts

I just want to thank the op of this thread. I got a used copy of dead island with the $10 off coupon. I traded in infamous and F:NV as well. All together I paid 10.~ for dead island. Thanks!

[quote name='brother bendu']I just want to thank the op of this thread. I got a used copy of dead island with the $10 off coupon. I traded in infamous and F:NV as well. All together I paid 10.~ for dead island. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Anytime, man.

I've been super busy in general lately so it's not always 100% up to date, but after being here a while I figured it's time to contribute a little, haha.

A few new rewards this week, mostly just online passes for various games (including MK and La Noire), and a some free DLC codes. Nothing worthwhile, though.

[quote name='lukewin']The coupon is still available for me. It's not listed as the SOTW, but it's still 6000 pts[/QUOTE]

Confirmed - either a glitch or a permanent "price drop."

A day late, but new SotW. $5 off Assassin's Creed games for 2k points. Meh... only good if you're getting one of the cheap ones if you haven't played them before.

A few new rewards, mostly Call of Duty stuff, and a couple posters (Skyward Sword and Space Marine). Also a new Grab Bag, but this time it's up to 17,490 points. Too much for me to gamble with.

BUMP. Check your Active Offers link. I have two new ones. The 20% pre-owned accessory coupon is tempting. I'll have to see what i still need.

EXPIRES
11/30/2011 30% Trade Bonus on Any Games Traded
11/30/2011 20% Off One Pre-owned Game or Pre-owned Accessory

[quote name='Japakneez']BUMP. Check your Active Offers link. I have two new ones. The 20% pre-owned accessory coupon is tempting. I'll have to see what i still need.

EXPIRES
11/30/2011 20% Off One Pre-owned Game or Pre-owned Accessory[/QUOTE]

Im assuming that 30% coupon doesnt stack with the 50% deal that going on in my area right now huh

can someone please send me a copy of the 30 percent trade in or 20 percent off used coupon? i am trying to replicate the offer in my area, and the gamestop corp rep needs a copy of the deal to make one for me...pm me with you email ,and i'll send back mine..

Last edited by a moderator:
steal of the week is 1500 points for 25% more on trade it but im more intrested on the front page talking about 10 dollars off 30 dollars from TGIF if anyone can get more info would be helpful

Question...one of the rewards is a free Game Guide value up to $20. Do you think I can use that on a guide that's more expensive and pay the difference? Or can I only use the coupon for a guide that costs less than $20?

[quote name='Japakneez']BUMP. Check your Active Offers link. I have two new ones. The 20% pre-owned accessory coupon is tempting. I'll have to see what i still need.

EXPIRES
11/30/2011 20% Off One Pre-owned Game or Pre-owned Accessory[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the quote of an older post but I had a question.

I'm relatively new to PUR, but are active offers for everyone?

I could totally use that 30% trade coupon, but nothing is showing up in my Active Offers.

If any awesome CAgs had an unused one to send me would it even work on my account?

thanks a ton guys!

Does anyone know if I get the 25$ off any gamestop purchase, can i use it on an existing pre order? like if the game is 60$, i put 5$, can i use the coupon to get it to 30$?

bread's done
Back