Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!
I've seen PUR talk in multiple GameStop threads, as well as a couple threads dedicated to the Steal of the Week, so I figure it's about time we have a thread dedicated to PUR. I'll try to keep it updated every week with the Steal of the Week and any additional eye-catching rewards.

FAQs and general info are in the second post.

Epic Reward
11/1 - 11/31
Assassin's Creed Leave Your Legacy Epic Experience.

Giveaway Includes:

• Your likeness as a character in the next
    Assassin's Creed game!
  • Trip for 2 to the Ubisoft Montreal studios with
    exclusive tour.
  • Swag bag full of one-of-a-kind Assassin's Creed gear.
Special Promotions

Saint's Row "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes
Just pre-order* Saints Row: The Third between Wednesday, September 28 and Monday, November 14, and pick up your copy by Tuesday, November 22, to be instantly entered in the "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes. The grand prize winner receives:

• Mitsubishi 92" 3D Home Cinema TV (Yes, that's 92 inches, as in, "Which wall should I cover with my 92-inch TV?")
  • Premium surround sound system
  • Home theater chair
  • 2 next generation game consoles
  • Saints Row: The Third Collectors' Editions for both systems
  • Four collectable limited edition posters

Steal of the Week
11/21 - 11/27
Get 25% Extra Trade Credit Toward Any Pre-Order
Cost: 1500 points

$5 Off Select Pre-Owned Assassin’s Creed Games

Get 25% extra trade credit toward the pre-order of any new game from Monday, November 21, through Sunday, December 11

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Bad Company 2 and Borderlands GOTY are the 2 I noticed. Borderlands GOTY is still on sale for 9.99

I was kinda hoping Homefront was on there for 360 tho. I bought a Bad Company 2 from Blockbuster Video during the last B1G1 and they put Homefront in there for 360.

[quote name='just4socom']Has anyone come across this PUR trade in value list?

http://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TradeInsJuly11-3?var=LpsbSM+VdYcjLTuhOYUwyA====

I cant seem to find the PUR trade in list on the homepage anywhere.

The deals are

Trade 2 select games, get any pre-owned game ($54.99) free
Trade 2 select games, get any game ($59.99) free
Trade 2 select games, get select game you've pre-orderd for free

Someone posted this link on the SOCOM . com forums....Can anyone confirm this works? This deal Expires on 7/31.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, MvC3 is on that list. If anyone else wants to dump their copy since the TIV is absolute shit now, now is the time! Since this can be used on pre-orders, this could be epic.

I just don't know what second game I could dump... hmm. Quite a chunk of those games are special editions that GS resells for ridiculous prices or games that have been out for a while with a somewhat high MSRP, guess they're trying to restock.

I'd recommend dumping DNF and MvC3, to those of you who have it, since DNF's price is sinking like a stone anyways.

It says "Coupon must be surrendered upon use" which means there's a coupon that goes along with this site. It was probably emailed out to a limited amount of PUR members. Lame, because some goodness could be had out of this.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']It says "Coupon must be surrendered upon use" which means there's a coupon that goes along with this site. It was probably emailed out to a limited amount of PUR members. Lame, because some goodness could be had out of this.[/QUOTE]

Just noticed that, does anyone know the exact details regarding this?

Yeah, they send coupons to anyone that preordered/recently purchased at least one of those games and you print out the coupon and take it in. I got one the other day for MvC3.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yeah, they send coupons to anyone that preordered/recently purchased at least one of those games and you print out the coupon and take it in. I got one the other day for MvC3.[/QUOTE]

Oh, how soon would I get the coupon then? I'd really like to get rid of vanilla MvC3 while I can.

About a week after you either buy the game or the game comes out or they add the game to the list. As soon as you get the coupon you have to trade it in though, because I bought AC: Brotherhood 3 weeks ago, got the coupon for that a week later and it was literally taken off the list the next day.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']About a week after you either buy the game or the game comes out or they add the game to the list. As soon as you get the coupon you have to trade it in though, because I bought AC: Brotherhood 3 weeks ago, got the coupon for that a week later and it was literally taken off the list the next day.[/QUOTE]

Well, this promotion ends the 31st, so I guess I'm screwed, ey?

I would have gladly traded in MvC3 Vanilla and Borderlands: GotY for a free (aside from $5) copy of AC: Revelations' Signature Edition. That's a pretty solid deal, imo.

I doubt it's actually going to end, the games will just get updated on the list. It's been the same deal for months, I get emails for it pretty often.

In the "General Info" of the first post it mentions that you get a B2G1 coupon upon enrollment in Power Up Rewards Pro. Where do I find this coupon? or was it something they were supposed to give me in store? Thanks!

[quote name='RColaUAB']In the "General Info" of the first post it mentions that you get a B2G1 coupon upon enrollment in Power Up Rewards Pro. Where do I find this coupon? or was it something they were supposed to give me in store? Thanks![/QUOTE]

You have to go home and log onto the PUR site. After you register your account that you received in store then you can use the points to purchase stuff. When you log in there will be a section for your promo's and it will be under there.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']You have to go home and log onto the PUR site. After you register your account that you received in store then you can use the points to purchase stuff. When you log in there will be a section for your promo's and it will be under there.[/QUOTE]

Is it under "My Account --> Active Offers" because I'm not seeing anything there? I don't see any section for my promotions.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Me too... bought games and traded in stuff on Saturday and has not posted to my account yet.[/QUOTE]

My purchases and trade-ins from this weekend finally posted

[quote name='RColaUAB']Is it under "My Account --> Active Offers" because I'm not seeing anything there? I don't see any section for my promotions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's where its supposed to be, when did you register? It might be too soon for it to show up (I think mine came about a week afterwards), or if you did it a while back it may have expired already.

Here's my question: is the B2G1 coupon supposed to disappear from your active offers after you used it? I re-upped back in June and already used my coupon but I still see one in my active offers page.

[quote name='iamsmart']Yeah that's where its supposed to be, when did you register? It might be too soon for it to show up (I think mine came about a week afterwards), or if you did it a while back it may have expired already.

Here's my question: is the B2G1 coupon supposed to disappear from your active offers after you used it? I re-upped back in June and already used my coupon but I still see one in my active offers page.[/QUOTE]

ah- Thanks! I just registered yesterday so it probably just needs a few days to show up. I don't know why I would expect GS to be quick about anything :lol:

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I doubt it's actually going to end, the games will just get updated on the list. It's been the same deal for months, I get emails for it pretty often.[/QUOTE]

This would be great if I wasn't concerned MvC3's life on that list was very limited, and I can't imagine Borderlands: GotY will be there much longer either.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']This would be great if I wasn't concerned MvC3's life on that list was very limited, and I can't imagine Borderlands: GotY will be there much longer either.[/QUOTE]
I'd think that MvC3 will stay and Borderlands will go. MvC3 hasn't been on the list that long.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'd think that MvC3 will stay and Borderlands will go. MvC3 hasn't been on the list that long.[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds/77728

i'm doubting it'll stay much longer as they're selling it for less than $25 after edge, meaning anyone could buy two copies and trade them in towards a pre-order or whatever, i'd personally love to be able to go in with one of the games i have, grab a copy of MvC3 and be able to trade the 2 in towards one of my pre-orders.. but i dont have the coupon and not sure if i should risk getting MvC3 only for it to be taken off the eligible titles

[quote name='wwerate']Does anyone know what happened to the 3 dollar psn thing.[/QUOTE]

I have one if you want to trade for it? Sorry if this is spam just want to know if he might want it?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']you guys think ill be able to use a $5 off coupon on the "gold" membership of GS. I don't know the offical name for it.[/QUOTE]

5$ off the Power Up Rewards Pro account (silver card) renewal? I would think so, but given that it specifies item... that may be your block.

As for the $3 PSN code... I still show them as available, just be sure to check under "all rewards" instead of "new rewards" and it should pop up in the 3000 pt range.

I really wish I could get some of those coupons myself, particularly that trade 2 for a used title. My GS has a few (I'd be happy with getting one) that I would love to pick up with trades :p

I also just noticed that they added some new rewards, including PS3 controllers (both Sony and Gamestop versions), XBL/Wii/Facebook/WoW points/time cards, Gears of War Band-Aids (really? ..... yet I'm tempted) and...

PowerUp Rewards Grab Bag

Very intriguing... but with how PUR has been lately, I don't know if I want to risk it.

They DID add quite a bit off stuff. I kind fo wish they6 have a Zelda hat or a wallet for the 8500 point.... I am not too keen on a 3D poster lol.

willing to part with a BUY2G1 free coupon or a 10 dollar off a pre own game for 6 bucks if anyone is interested. Not gonna use my power up points anyway

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I also just noticed that they added some new rewards, including PS3 controllers (both Sony and Gamestop versions), XBL/Wii/Facebook/WoW points/time cards, Gears of War Band-Aids (really? ..... yet I'm tempted) and...

PowerUp Rewards Grab Bag

Very intriguing... but with how PUR has been lately, I don't know if I want to risk it.[/QUOTE]

Oh no! I'm a sucker for grab bags...must....resist...:nottalking:

i'm not even close to this, and i wouldn't even know what to get with a b2g1 free. anyone know any good used games that are cheap at GS?

I just ordered the grab bag, I'll tell you what I get when it comes in. I'm just hoping the t-shirt I get isn't the NASCAR guy or the one that just reads Gamestop.

[quote name='Trez123']I just ordered the grab bag, I'll tell you what I get when it comes in. I'm just hoping the t-shirt I get isn't the NASCAR guy or the one that just reads Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I came into this thread with the intentions of asking if anyone was going to order the grab bag. I'm tempted myself. I only have 15,000 points at the moment. I'd rather just sit on them for now. I wonder if everyone gets the same thing in the grab bag?

[quote name='Trez123']I just ordered the grab bag, I'll tell you what I get when it comes in. I'm just hoping the t-shirt I get isn't the NASCAR guy or the one that just reads Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Good to know I'm not the only one tempted to order one. I'd love to wait until other people start getting theirs to decide whether or not to get one, especially if it turns out to contain a bunch of Nascar/clearance merchandise, but I'm worried they'll all be gone by the time people get them. Ugh. So on the fence about it.

What's the expiration date on the B2G1 coupon? I redeemed one today but it said "offer expired 8/21/11". That's not a very long window. Luckily, I used it to pick up Catherine and 2x DW Gundam 3. All for PS3. Had to buy at 2 different stores and did return and rebuy at the 3rd store.

Can you get two of the same coupon? I kinda want to do this steal of the week twice over but I've never tried doing the same promo twice.

I don't see why you couldn't get two of the same coupon. I remember people getting multiple copies of the $10 off steal of the week a couple months back.

My coupon also says 8/21/11. It is a bit short of a window, but at least it's over two weeks.

New Steal of the Week just came up for me: Get $20 in-store credit when you trade in a copy of Super Mario All-Stars LE. I'm guessing they mean the regular edition? I didn't even know there was an LE.

bread's done
Back