Gamestop Pro days Nov 9-11

I'm reposting this for the third time, but Dollar General is doing a weekend deal where you can buy $30 in GameStop gift cards for $25 or $50 in GameStop gift cards for $40. Good for those who don't have trade credit in advance of Pro Day. Sorry if you've seen this before now, but I want to help all my CAGs to save money. ;)
The sale on GameStop gift cards at Dollar General ends on Saturday, 11/10. This sale is not in this week's Dollar General ad, and I think it's part of a three day sale that started yesterday.

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier in the thread but if you got the $10 Cash Reward for RDR2 (or another game) recently, that doesn't stack favorably... tried to use it on Detroit, it takes off the $10 from the $39.99 price, then reduces to $19.99.... so no further saving at all, you waste the coupon.

Also tried on a Fallout collectible (25% off) and only took off a further $7.50.

But as stated elsewhere, it works fine on XBL credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you can't use your ppweup rewards with the pro day sale. Bs.

Now I have a coupon that I can't use. Anybody knows if the system will allow using it during Black Friday sale ? The manager was clueless.

i am trying to buy some pre owned games using the gamestop app but when i enter the Cag16 code it does nothing.  Is there a way for me to pay for pre owned games using my computer and doing in store pick up? 

Thank you 

Now I have a coupon that I can't use. Anybody knows if the system will allow using it during Black Friday sale ? The manager was clueless.
what are you sure..haven't tried this time but have used them before on previous pro day sales..who told you that? must be new if true..

I have no problem getting employees to override and apply certs to purchases on pro day sales.

Grabbed NBA Live, Madden and Detroit tonight. Make sure to try the reward certificates if you have em. The Red Dead one works and I had a $10 off from my points that the manager tried for me and it worked like a charm! After a couple trades, nabbed em all for $6.xx!

what are you sure..haven't tried this time but have used them before on previous pro day sales..who told you that? must be new if true..
It is part of the policy but it did work fine for me. The manager had no problem letting me do it. But the manager at my store is pretty fantastic.

Tried to find a store with the Ultimate Slasher CE today, but seems no stores have it around here. Tried contacting BB CS for a PM since no store carries it and first rep tells me that they don't match weekly sales (which was lie #1) and when pressured said they only price match on regular prices (lie #2 and WTF does that even mean?). Told him I'd try again with a rep that knew their actual policies and closed chat. Second rep tells me they don't match printed ads (which is lie #3) because I was linking them to the actual ad since obviously the website wouldn't show the prices. At that point I gave up with their stupidity and lies chalking one up to incompetent trainees.

At the end of the day, all I wanted was the mask for next year's Halloween costume so I'll just find it on eBay for cheap and the damn things can rot in their warehouse for all I care.

The system would not let me. He scanned 3 times ,he really tried, but Everytime he scanned my coupon, the price would go back to $39.99, not the promotional price of $19.99. hethinks that is because the pro day price is like adding a coupon and you can't use both promotions in the same transaction . Hethinks it should work fine during Black Friday because the price will be changed in the system, not like pro day where it rings the MSRP then a pro day coupon kicks in

Went ahead this morning and order fallout 4 GOTY edition. Called customer service and they are beyond idiots but asked for a supervisor and finally got transferred after pushing the issue. They credited me the $5 difference for their mistake. Tried to get me to go to the store and have them honor it but I explained they already shipped my order. Was a lot of trouble but they did honor it.

The system would not let me. He scanned 3 times ,he really tried, but Everytime he scanned my coupon, the price would go back to $39.99, not the promotional price of $19.99. hethinks that is because the pro day price is like adding a coupon and you can't use both promotions in the same transaction . Hethinks it should work fine during Black Friday because the price will be changed in the system, not like pro day where it rings the MSRP then a pro day coupon kicks in
oh that makes sense then...sorry man most of these prices will be the same on black Friday I guarantee you but the line is gonna be a pain in the ass

my elite expired last month, im not renewing as pro atm but today i get another game informer and see on the back my sub doesnt expire til april 2021. i guess because of the pro subscription i had before changing to elite?

I really want No Man's Sky but I'm having trouble biting for $30.  I know it's still fairly new on XB1 but still, it hurts seeing it so cheap on PC and PS4.  Other than that not sure sure what I'd get really.  Was hoping for a better deal on Madden or something too so I can use it to teach my kids more about football but I guess I'll wait for some of the sales closer to the Super Bowl.

I'm reposting this for the third time, but Dollar General is doing a weekend deal where you can buy $30 in GameStop gift cards for $25 or $50 in GameStop gift cards for $40. Good for those who don't have trade credit in advance of Pro Day. Sorry if you've seen this before now, but I want to help all my CAGs to save money. ;)
Just went to Dollar General to try to buy a $50 gift card from GameStop for $40 and it rang up before $50 price. Has the sale ended or is there something more to it?

Grabbed a few cool used items;

Wario Ware Gold (3DS)

Summon Night 6 (VIta)

Fallen Legion (Switch)

Tempest 4000 (Xbox One)

About 50 for the lot so not bad. Considered Soul Calibur 6 but it will be about the same price I could have gotten it on Black Friday for a brand new copy. Almost grabbed Dark Souls for Switch for a good price but didn't want to spend too much with Black Friday coming up.

Besides these pro days, is a membership worth it?
Definitely worth it if you don't mind buying pre-owned games throughout the year. Also, if you are a fan of older generation titles (PS3, XB, DS, Wii and WiiU) ... you can expect promotions and pricedrops in order to clearance them out. GS is leaning towards collectibles now for the needed shelf-space.

Just went to Dollar General to try to buy a $50 gift card from GameStop for $40 and it rang up before $50 price. Has the sale ended or is there something more to it?
Not that I know of. Did you buy one of the GameStop gift cards that allows you to add a custom amount, or was it one for a straight $50? I bought one of the ones that said "Choose Value From $15 - $500," and it worked yesterday for the $30. Others have posted since then that it worked for them. Perhaps the associate didn't key it in correctly? I'm thinking about going back today since I want a cheap Xbox One S, but there's been no confirmation that GameStop will be selling them for $199 on Black Friday, so I haven't decided whether I'm going to sink $160 into GameStop cards. As much as I love a good deal, I hate shopping there since so much focus during transactions there is put on upsell. I know Walmart is selling the Minecraft bundle and they don't give a damn about me preordering games or adding a warranty to a $5 game. Rant over, but all I can say is that the posted expiration date at Dollar General was 11/10.

I believe you still get extra (double?) reward points, and they add up rather quickly...and then you get an extra 10% in trade in's and used purchases. The B2G1 coupon is kinda hit or miss now and "officially" on their site it says you no longer get it. All depends how much you buy, really...the membership could be "worth it" almost immediately for some people.

I just renewed my power up rewards membership after not having it for like years. Do I still get a B2G1 coupon?
Wish there was a b2g1 going on
I haven't been able to find 3 similarly-priced games to make a B2G1 worthwhile in years.

I think $15 is worth it just get the 12 magazines per year and the occasional 10% discount off something used you buy. Then there are always reward days like this. I look at it like a magazine subscription.

I haven't been able to find 3 similarly-priced games to make a B2G1 worthwhile in years.
You can do a return rebuy to get the games you want. Buy the games you want at one store and then return rebuy at the other store that has the game that you want and use your B2G1 coupon. I have done this multiple times without any problems from the cashier. They understand that people do this to use their B2G1 coupon.

Not that I know of. Did you buy one of the GameStop gift cards that allows you to add a custom amount, or was it one for a straight $50? I bought one of the ones that said "Choose Value From $15 - $500," and it worked yesterday for the $30. Others have posted since then that it worked for them. Perhaps the associate didn't key it in correctly? I'm thinking about going back today since I want a cheap Xbox One S, but there's been no confirmation that GameStop will be selling them for $199 on Black Friday, so I haven't decided whether I'm going to sink $160 into GameStop cards. As much as I love a good deal, I hate shopping there since so much focus during transactions there is put on upsell. I know Walmart is selling the Minecraft bundle and they don't give a damn about me preordering games or adding a warranty to a $5 game. Rant over, but all I can say is that the posted expiration date at Dollar General was 11/10.
I tried one of the custom amount cards like you said 15-500 and asked to put $50 on it. It rang up $50. Even the manager tried to help but said "maybe it was family dollar". I don't mind trying later if it is confirmed by someone working today. What state did you find it working in? Maybe it is regional as there was no signs or any info about it at all in that store. Thanks. :)

I did 2- 50.00 cards last night in Cleveland. The manager didn't know anything about it and was surprised that it was discounted.

Bought a $50 gift card for $40.  It was one of those $25 - $500 Gamestop gift cards.  Finally a regional deal in the Midwest that works for me.

Edit:  Can I do $150 for $120 on one of those custom amount Gamestop gift cards or am I just better off buying 3 separate cards on 3 separate transactions?

I tried one of the custom amount cards like you said 15-500 and asked to put $50 on it. It rang up $50. Even the manager tried to help but said "maybe it was family dollar". I don't mind trying later if it is confirmed by someone working today. What state did you find it working in? Maybe it is regional as there was no signs or any info about it at all in that store. Thanks. :)
Virginia. I can't for the life of me figure why it works at some Dollar General stores and not at others.

Bought a $50 gift card for $40. It was one of those $25 - $500 Gamestop gift cards. Finally a regional deal in the Midwest that works for me.

Edit: Can I do $150 for $120 on one of those custom amount Gamestop gift cards or am I just better off buying 3 separate cards on 3 separate transactions?
As mentioned before, you have to buy separate cards in increments of $50 to get the best deal. It's inconvenient but worth it. If they ask why, just say you have multiple relatives for whom you are buying the cards.

The Pro Day sale is considered to be its own separate Promotion hence you have to be a Pro member for the discount to reflect. Black Friday the prices are the same regardless of whether you are a Pro member or not. Your coupon will work on Black Friday no problem due to this. Same thing as the whole Guaranteed $30 for Pro members for select trades. If the 30% trade bonus is more than that you receive that instead. So Example base is $25 then you get $32.50 with the 30% which is more than the Guaranteed $30. You do not get 30% additional on top of the $30 Guaranteed amount. You do not get the opportunity to double dip. Its one promotion or the other. Hope that makes sense.

Went to Dollar General and got $50 in Game Stop gift cards for $40. Then went to Game Stop and used my $10 rewards for the rdr2 ps4 pro bundle i bought and the $50 gift card to get $60 in psn credit for $40. Going to use my 20% off one psn network item that came with my ps4 pro bundle to buy Spiderman i think with my psn credit. Gonna wait until there holiday sale to see if Spiderman is on sale digitally.

bread's done
Back