Gamestop Pro days Nov 9-11

you have balls to buy used controllers online without checking yourself.

unless that applies to in store purchase?
It probably will work in store.

However I was able to get a Dualshock 4 to come up as $25 in cart. Then, for science, tried to apply a $25 online-only reward cert. Makes the total $0, haha.

So even if pur certs don't work in store on pro day deals, it looks like the online certs apply no problem.

It probably will work in store.

However I was able to get a Dualshock 4 to come up as $25 in cart. Then, for science, tried to apply a $25 online-only reward cert. Makes the total $0, haha.

So even if pur certs don't work in store on pro day deals, it looks like the online certs apply no problem.
hold on, I can't use rewards certificates during PRO DAY?? that is news to me. SHIT

Picked up used copies of RDR2, Monster Hunter World, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5, and Detroit (new) for a total of $96.

Thanks for whoever mentioned CAG16 stacking. Wasn't that hyped for Red Dead, but for half off this soon after release i'll give it a shot. The rest are backlog material.

Need to get to a Gamestop store at some point over the weekend to trade in a Elite controller. Wondering if the Pro Day extra 10% stacks with the 25% bonus on Xbox One controllers promo going on. 

Good deals to be had online on some retro items, GameCube especially. Some are on sale already and the 20% 16% and 10% bring the prices down pretty far. I ordered a few things and I know they will probably be disc only, but around $11 each for good games is cheap.

Might order a few other games with the stacking codes.

Picked up used copies of RDR2, Monster Hunter World, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5, and Detroit (new) for a total of $96.

Thanks for whoever mentioned CAG16 stacking. Wasn't that hyped for Red Dead, but for half off this soon after release i'll give it a shot. The rest are backlog material.

Need to get to a Gamestop store at some point over the weekend to trade in a Elite controller. Wondering if the Pro Day extra 10% stacks with the 25% bonus on Xbox One controllers promo going on.
so how much a xbox one controller (the new black) would net me? I am elite pro? can't find that info on the website, it says $24, but does that cinlude this 25% bonus you are talking about?

Their trade promos are all listed here: https://www.gamestop.com/trade

The TiV you see is before any promos are applied at checkout. Promos apply to base values.
so whatever I see on the website, It will be that PLUS 25 % extra? awesome, so the xbox one controller TIV will be $30. will trade that in then.

thinking about trading my first gen DS4 for $25 then.

thanks man.

also, do you know if we can use the rewards certificates in store during pro days?

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone mention reward certidicate use wrk for online.  For example if i buy assassin creed origin and soul calibur vi, sicne these are are just promor discount with me buyign a 50 used reward cert work?

I've played through almost 50 2018 releases this year. Last year I played through almost 100 games.
That's cool. I read the book for those 50 games though. You should really read the book.

As a Switch owner, this is not the best set of deals. Ah well, there's always Black Friday.
As a fellow Switch owner, nothing will ever be the best of deals.

Wondering this as well. Does the Pro Day 10% stack with the 20% off used birthday coupon?
In theory it won't / shouldn't stack with pro day and has not in the past. However there's a chance the system allows it and we don't know until someone trys.

Someone mention reward certidicate use wrk for online. For example if i buy assassin creed origin and soul calibur vi, sicne these are are just promor discount with me buyign a 50 used reward cert work?
No, read the terms. a $50 online cert will only apply to one item.

In theory it won't / shouldn't stack with pro day and has not in the past. However there's a chance the system allows it and we don't know until someone trys.

No, read the terms. a $50 online cert will only apply to one item.
ok but spilting the order and get $25 reward each would work?

So, I have a bunch of games I want to trade in and grab RDR2 used. It looks like I was able to reserve a copy at my local store for pickup but I'll need to go in store, do my trades, then release the hold, and process  the in store pickup purchase through app with CAG and gift card correct? I guess worst case scenario I wouldnt get CAG16 if I just buy in store? 

Just tried - no dice. Actually, with the Pro Day discount, it negates the 4/20 deal totally. Makes the total over $23 or some such after Elite discount.

That sucks? So the 4 for 20 is not working then

So, I have a bunch of games I want to trade in and grab RDR2 used. It looks like I was able to reserve a copy at my local store for pickup but I'll need to go in store, do my trades, then release the hold, and process the in store pickup purchase through app with CAG and gift card correct? I guess worst case scenario I wouldnt get CAG16 if I just buy in store?
You can't buy in-store stock via gamestop.com, only reserve for pickup and then do an in-store purchase.

How about using the app? I think some folks earlier said that would work?
Gamestop.com (same as the app) and the stores might as well be two separate entities. Trust me, if people were able to buy pre-owned products from stores via the gamestop.com website, stacking CAG16 + elite + Pro Day, you'd never hear the end of it.

Oh man, I forgot about Singstar. I told myself to pick it up, but I completely forgot when making my orders last night. Now I would have to find some filler items if I want it to ship...

Gamestop.com (same as the app) and the stores might as well be two separate entities. Trust me, if people were able to buy pre-owned products from stores via the gamestop.com website, stacking CAG16 + elite + Pro Day, you'd never hear the end of it.
Unless I’m misunderstanding, you can buy online for in-store pickup now.

Yep, I did this a couple weeks ago and was able to use CAG16 coupon. I just tried checking SoulCalibur VI for PS4 and it works.

The trick is to use the app and check for locations that have the product and from there you can toggle the option and it changes from "Add to Cart" to "Pick Up Today". As long as you use Credit Card as payment, you can complete the purchase online with all promos and codes and pickup item at the store you choose.

I've never seen that as an option at all. Are you sure you aren't mixing things up with Web-In-Store orders that let store employees order items from gamestop.com via the store's POS?

attachicon.gif
74374982-5C81-4B6F-8734-9C9776BA15D3.jpeg
Cool.

First time poster....Don't think I could do better on BF with this sale...People love to talk trash about GS, but they come through every once in awhile.  I have never gotten flack for buying used games, beating them, and then returning them within a week afterwards :)

I feel very good about:

RD2  $32

Jack Box Party Pack $12

Shadow of the Colossus $11

Monster Hunter World $13

COD WW2 $9

All for 85.57 after taxes.

I appreciate the regular posters and your insight.

The app allows you do store pickup because the free shipping calculation is worse on the app. There, your order total has to be at least $35 after coupons. On the website, you get free shipping if your total hits $35 before coupon, which is pretty easy to do. Might as well use that free 2-day shipping for Elite members.

Yep, I did this a couple weeks ago and was able to use CAG16 coupon. I just tried checking SoulCalibur VI for PS4 and it works.

The trick is to use the app and check for locations that have the product and from there you can toggle the option and it changes from "Add to Cart" to "Pick Up Today". As long as you use Credit Card as payment, you can complete the purchase online with all promos and codes and pickup item at the store you choose.
Thanks for this. Finally picked up RDR2 for only $37 used at Gamestop for local pickup.

That's what CAG is all about. Good lookin' out!

Well, placed some more orders and burned through $200 in credit just grabbing some used games I never got around to plus some recent releases. I guess I'm cutting myself off from Black Friday itself since I added way too much to the backlog now. 

I am trying to check out with RDR2 and Call of Duty but when I attempt to pay I see a spinning red circle but no confirmation that the sale is complete. Is anyone else having this problem? Not using the app; using my iPhone.

bread's done
Back