Gamestop PS2 Rumor Sale

[quote name='cjenvy']yeah im not seeing the scrolling deals my browser must be f'ing up[/QUOTE]

29nilmr.png

[quote name='cjenvy']yeah im not seeing the scrolling deals my browser must be f'ing up[/QUOTE]

Are you using chrome? Gamestop's website hasn't been loading for me right for a while.

Has anyone been having trouble getting GS' site to issue Pickup@Store requests? It was working fine for me a couple days ago but now when I try to send a request, it gets stuck on the "Submitting..." portion for eternity.

[quote name='iast']Has anyone been having trouble getting GS' site to issue Pickup@Store requests? It was working fine for me a couple days ago but now when I try to send a request, it gets stuck on the "Submitting..." portion for eternity.[/QUOTE]That only happens to me if I've already placed two PickUp@Store requests, though maybe that lasts for a short while past doing the pickups.

[quote name='iast']Has anyone been having trouble getting GS' site to issue Pickup@Store requests? It was working fine for me a couple days ago but now when I try to send a request, it gets stuck on the "Submitting..." portion for eternity.[/QUOTE]

got 3 to go through before it crashed

[quote name='Kovorkian']I've already purchased just about every .99 game I'm interested that was located nearby >.>[/QUOTE]

Yeah I second that. I can't even imagine finding anywhere close to ten more games at that price I'd want to get.

[quote name='Blade']They should just lower the price of all their disc-only PS2 games to 99 cents already.[/QUOTE]

That would definitely be the better option. Currently I can't be bother to take the trip since I feel I've played all the PS2 games I ever felt I wanted to play. If they were all 10 for $1 then I'd go into hoard mode.

More drops have to be coming beyond this. A further deal a week later means they aren't seeing the stock move. I'm thinking 75 percent off on all like they did with gba. It's the only way they'll move more stock.

I'm not sure the promotion will even ring up correctly. The ad shows correctly on the front page, but when you click it, it still says buy 5 for $1. So those of you actually looking to return and rebuy to get your $1 back might want to rethink that.

[quote name='whitereflection']I'm not sure the promotion will even ring up correctly. The ad shows correctly on the front page, but when you click it, it still says buy 5 for $1. So those of you actually looking to return and rebuy to get your $1 back might want to rethink that.[/QUOTE]

I just got back from the GS here and I can confirm it's 10-for-$1 on those now. I tried getting a printout but they said their printer was broken, so cue me digging around their disorganized bins for 45 minutes.

$0.99 games
Okage: Shadow King
Portal Runner
Project Eden
Sky Odyssey
Sled Storm
Sphinx and the Mummy's Curse
State of Emergency
Strike Force Bowling
Top Angler
World Destruction League: War Jetz

B2G2s (all $1.99)
Activision Anthology
Arena Football: Road to Glory
Bard's Tale
Mark of Kri

Picked up, all disk only:
King's Field: The Ancient City
Everblue 2
Siren
R-Type Final

Looked those up online. Guy said he couldn't print out a list because it was like 25 pages long and I definitely didn't want to sift through all the disks, so I didn't pick up any 10/$1 games.

I grabbed 20 more today for less than $2.

Ran out of things to buy at 14 so just bought 6 copies of MOH: Frontline as filler.

Anyone think a giveaway on ThumbstickGamer.com would get much of a response?

I just stopped by a slightly out of my way GS. It was slim pickings for the 10 for $1, so I passed.

Did get Front Mission 4, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Syphon Filter, and Rumble Roses.

I am just about done with this sale at this price point lol.

Yeah this sale is tiring. For all those wondering about getting a list of games in stock the employees have a way of printing it on the receipt paper. I've seen stores that have those crazy booklets full of pages, but one of them that didn't have that printed it out this way. It was an empty store with a fun, curious employee who wanted to see the list for himself, it only came out to about 6 feet or so!

I know what you mean. When I went for my games, I was at the store for almost an hour and a half. I'm kinda glad I kept it to one store.

Man wish they'd start dropping stuff on the higher priced games, I managed to find a store that has Haunting Ground (with case too!) Reserved it and am picking it up tomorrow, maybe I can find some of the cheaper stuff if it's not all been yanked up (hopefully I can find Siren too).

I know, I found a complete PaRappa 2 and I'm so tempted to use by b2g1 coupon since I've nothing else to want. But I'm afraid and wishing that it would go down from $6.

Did anyone return and rebuy the games they bought for 5/$1 recently to save some more $ because of this new promotion?

[quote name='kk012']Did anyone return and rebuy the games they bought for 5/$1 recently to save some more $ because of this new promotion?[/QUOTE]
I may be cheap, but that is really fucking cheap.

The dudes I talked to at Gamestop were just tired of the sale, best part was that they have been taking $2 or $3 worth of crap sports games every night to the Best Buy across the street to swap...Best Buy guy does the same thing...

I figure the employees may be asses about it, depends on how much you go in and how well they know you though.

The prices will drop again. They're aiming to move the titles that aren't moving right now. My Gamestop is full of great titles, but they are not for sale. I'd love to clean out their stock of Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts.

have you guys tried exchanging the discs? apparently some employees don't know how to do the exchange in their systems. i had to show them how.

[quote name='The Acacia Strain']The prices will drop again. They're aiming to move the titles that aren't moving right now. My Gamestop is full of great titles, but they are not for sale. I'd love to clean out their stock of Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, either lowering the prices or extending something like the B2G2 to higher-priced games is the next logical step. They're gonna find some way to get people to take them off their hands one way or another.

[quote name='burritoman']I may be cheap, but that is really fucking cheap.

The dudes I talked to at Gamestop were just tired of the sale, best part was that they have been taking $2 or $3 worth of crap sports games every night to the Best Buy across the street to swap...Best Buy guy does the same thing...

I figure the employees may be asses about it, depends on how much you go in and how well they know you though.[/QUOTE]

Well, I read some were able to find and buy alot of 99 cent games. For these individuals, returning and rebuying may be worth the time.

I would it funny if Gamestop wasn't able to sell their entire stock and would have to keep it until the games were considered Vintage or Rare. Just like what they're planning to do with the old games they had kept for so long. :lol:

I'd be blowing more than $3 in gas to get back to the GS where I got my games, so that's a big no on rebuying.

Stopped at an out of the way store tonight. Slim pickings, but still managed to find:

10/$1
Choro Q
Lethal Skies II
Stolen
Hidden Invasion
Hunter The Reconing: Wayward
Eve of Extinction
Top Gear Daredevil
HSX: HyperSonicXtreme
Freestyle
Sno Cross 2

And what I thought was B2G2:
Stuntman Ignition ($1.79 PUR)
My Street ($1.79 PUR)
Space Race (tagged $2.99 rang up as $.09 PUR)
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions (tagged $2.99 rang up as $.09 PUR)

On top of that, I found a complete copy of Romancing Saga for $5.39 PUR.

Out the door with all of the above for $10.56 including tax.

There was also a copy of Disgaea for $15. I passed because I already have a copy, but it reminded me to start making a list for the stuff I still want to get. Once these are no longer available at GS, it will be a crapshoot finding them anywhere except ebay.

[quote name='iast']Yeah, either lowering the prices or extending something like the B2G2 to higher-priced games is the next logical step. They're gonna find some way to get people to take them off their hands one way or another.[/QUOTE]

The flea market folk have done cleaned out the cheap selection where I live. They'll resale those games $2.50 each.

Wii U is coming. Those stores will need more space. Patience is key here. Maybe we'll see some Wii deals soon too. :applause:

So I just returned/rebought my 40 games from last week and got 30 more. I ended up walking out with a trade card with $35 on it. Guy said I glitched their machine and didn't want to dick with it. So got paid ~$20 (removing what I paid for the original 40 and then some) to take 70 games off their hands. Lol. Works for me.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']So I just returned/rebought my 40 games from last week and got 30 more. I ended up walking out with a trade card with $35 on it. Guy said I glitched their machine and didn't want to dick with it. So got paid ~$20 (removing what I paid for the original 40 and then some) to take 70 games off their hands. Lol. Works for me.[/QUOTE]

Nice!:applause:

I returned and rebought 7 games from recent purchases along with 13 other games that I was mildly interested in at 1 GS tonight. I felt bad for the GS employee because she had to type in the actual purchase price of those 7 games. I plan to fill out the GS survey with high scores.

[quote name='seanmcc']10/$1, holy shit I know where I'm going after work tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

if they under 99 cents lol if over buy 2 get 2

I don't know if it's just me, but many of these games were so cheap in the first place I never bothered to look at them. It doesn't make much difference to me getting a game for $1 versus $0.10 although I guess I could be missing out on some gems.

I'm really hoping we see some type of B2G2 on the higher priced games again. That pretty well cleared out the stock of anything good last time but it's been long enough that there are a few lingering out there worth getting.

I wish they'd do this clearout on the Gamecube games too. Every time I go looking at those there is a ton of junk like the sports games that could clear out.

[quote name='Invicta 61']-Snip-
And what I thought was B2G2:
Stuntman Ignition ($1.79 PUR)
My Street ($1.79 PUR)
Space Race (tagged $2.99 rang up as $.09 PUR)
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions (tagged $2.99 rang up as $.09 PUR) -Snip-[/QUOTE]

you used your 'freebies' on .99 cent games i got wreckless in a set of 5 / $1

I know some gamestop's had old stickers on sleeves 2 copies of a game marked 2 different prices, game marked 2.99 that's been in a .99 bin et cetera

[quote name='Blade']That would suck if I passed up some rare games just because the price tag was old.[/QUOTE]

check prices on the website, its what I did for anything i was interested in.

Slim pickings at my local Gamestop but was able to grab the following for $1 (all disc-only)

1. Crimson Tears
2. Driving Emotion Type-s
3. Fantavision
4. Lord of the Rings - Two Towers
5. Project Eden
6. Sega Sports Tennis
7. Stuntman
8. City Crisis
9. Mad Maestro
10. MGS2

They also had a mint FF XII Collector's edition for $7.99, picked that up as well =)

Can't beat 10/$1, thanks for the heads up guys!

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Man wish they'd start dropping stuff on the higher priced games, I managed to find a store that has Haunting Ground (with case too!) Reserved it and am picking it up tomorrow, maybe I can find some of the cheaper stuff if it's not all been yanked up (hopefully I can find Siren too).[/QUOTE]

:bomb:

Wow my hunch was correct...Haunting Ground did jump in value. I have 2 or 3 sealed copies I bought at kmart for $14.99 each 4 or 5 years ago.

[quote name='gedean']Slim pickings at my local Gamestop but was able to grab the following for $1 (all disc-only)

1. Crimson Tears
2. Driving Emotion Type-s
3. Fantavision
4. Lord of the Rings - Two Towers
5. Project Eden
6. Sega Sports Tennis
7. Stuntman
8. City Crisis
9. Mad Maestro
10. MGS2

They also had a mint FF XII Collector's edition for $7.99, picked that up as well =)

Can't beat 10/$1, thanks for the heads up guys![/QUOTE]

dude i gotta go pick up the guy game

bread's done
Back