gamestop ps3/360 used systems $150 with free $20 game

I'm still rocking the 360 Elite. I might consider this just to upgrade to an S model.  I was thinking about waiting on black friday for a deal. 

A 500GB super slim PS3 seems nice, but I already have a 160GB slim.  If only Sony and Microsoft would release an add-on piece of hardware that would let you play their previous generation game discs on current generation consoles.

I would so pass on this if they did something like that.

So are the 320GB PS3s that were converted marked as used or refurb in the system? (you can only search for refurb on the website)

Oh, and obviously it'd be YMMV, but does anyone think I might be able to get a $25 game and pay the $5 difference?  I'd get the Splinter Cell HD collection if I could.

Do you guys know for sure if the 25% off a pre owned console SotW offer stacks with this deal? I was resigned to waiting until Black Friday to pick up a good deal on a PS3 but I may have to bite on this if the SotW coupon stacks and I'd be able to pick up a PS3 for a little over a $100.

Ummm... there's no way to know for sure when the deal isn't even live yet ...

If it makes you feel any better, it should stack.

I have an Xbox360 Super Elite right now. Its from that SC:Conviction set.

It works fine still but I'm just paranoid about it dying on me.

This is a tempting idea to get an S model.

What's the deal on all of my files on that 250gb hd on my current console? I've got XBLA & GoD titles and then game saves. How do I transfer them? Would that S model come with a hd?

I want to buy an extra 360 to replace my old one should it fail on me, but what's the point if this price drop is on used systems? I'm sorry but I'm fearful of trusting even a $130 used slim. I'd rather wait until black friday in the hopes of scoring a new one for the same price.

A $150 PS3 tho, that's mighty tempting even used. Though at this point I'm getting a PS4 so should I just wait for the PS3 streaming on PS4? I'm just fearful that they'll charge like $50 for every streamed PS3 game. 

Shock the System Promotion. Sorry for the crappy pic

2dgm79f.jpg

They plug it in, make sure it works and reads a game.
I traded in a 360 and a PS3 a few weeks ago. The guy put in one of the Call of Duty games (maybe Black Ops, not sure), and played 5 to 10 minutes on each system. He used the same game (same title, that is. Obviously the PS3 version in the PS3, and 360 version in 360) on both systems so that he could test each function of the controller. The thoroughness of the test they do is probably YMMV.

I traded in a 360 and a PS3 a few weeks ago. The guy put in one of the Call of Duty games (maybe Black Ops, not sure), and played 5 to 10 minutes on each system. He used the same game (same title, that is. Obviously the PS3 version in the PS3, and 360 version in 360) on both systems so that he could test each function of the controller. The thoroughness of the test they do is probably YMMV.
Yeah, that's way more than I've ever had them do but is the basic procedure. A lot of it depends on the manager too and how thorough they ask for since some are trying to take less systems that are in bad shape without charging refurbs.

Heading into the closet location tomorrow just hope they know whats going on, was just about to buy a new system this weekend, but I can't argue this pricing if they have some decent sized hard drive ones there. Just hope the steal of the week coupon works with this just to make this deal even better.

I am still debating on getting a 4GB Xbox. I might actually do one of those blast from the past bundles just really don't want an "original" xbox 360 because of the over heating issues.

Im very indecisive on this deal so I will probably just pass. Earlier choices are obviously better and dont plan on driving to 4 local stores to check out systems.

New consoles play blus, so half my incentive for a ps3 will be useless in a month

I'm thinking about getting a 60gb or 80gb backward compatible ps3. Would y'all say this is a good deal? Or should I be worry about ylod? Everywhere I go they sell for 200$ plus so not sure if to bite on this

Good deal for those who are able to get the newly converted used ps3.

I'll think ill hold tight till BF and hope both systems would be around $150 a pop.

It does have to be in condition that they can sell it again so if you buy a system and it dies on you then you're probably going to get rejected.
wtf kind of logic is that?? lol ..thats wat the return exchange policy is for. if it stops working its a defective unit and u should get ur money back.

nope...look at receipt for holiday returns
The extended period is for items that meet the criteria stated. Take the wrap off the new game and you can't return it because it isn't "New" anymore. If that console breaks, you can't return it to them after the seven days because they can't resell broken consoles. In the case of not meeting the extended return time's policy, refer to the policy ON THE BACK OF THE SAME RECEIPT.

Do you need a flow chart or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
wtf kind of logic is that?? lol ..thats wat the return exchange policy is for. if it stops working its a defective unit and u should get ur money back.
The kind of logic that's return on the reciept because they don't want people using a console for three months then returning it when it stops working during their "rental"?

Could anyone recommend some good PS3 titles that are $20 and below? I already have Ni No Kuni so I'm not sure what to get.

I'm thinking about getting a 60gb or 80gb backward compatible ps3. Would y'all say this is a good deal? Or should I be worry about ylod? Everywhere I go they sell for 200$ plus so not sure if to bite on this
You better at least buy the extended warranty...I'm close to trading in my 60gb bc Ps3 because I don't want it to ylod me (already happened to me before). Better to get $75 for it now (plus 30% extra towards another product) than to get nothing for it later. It's my #2 system to my (160gb or 250gb or whatever gb it is) slim Ps3 because i can only play the fatty for about an hour and it starts getting loud.

You don't want to play in fear.

Trust me.

Shouldn't be that hard to find what you're looking for. Most people will be buying around Black Friday or saving to get the new systems anyways.
I'm waiting to hear the info on that PUR coupon stacking. Could be interesting.

I always wanted one of the backwards compatible ps3s but now I own 3 ps2s.. so slim for me.I would like one for the wireless controller and hdmi output also not having to use stupid tiny mem cards. But I have all my data on those cards and I'd rather just use the ps2 than find a hard drive to upgrade it with.

Still debating if I want to spend all of my credit this week since I'm buying a 3ds and now a ps3

I'm thinking about this too- the other deals on the systems are pretty weak. I'm probably going to skip though, maybe I'm just paying more attention to the bad stuff but it seems like the old 60s aren't made to last.

So the coupon that everyone is talking about is one you have to get by redeeming points, correct? So if I redeem for it then it doesn't stack it's just a bunch of wasted points? But If I don't act quickly that white 500gb system will probably be gone...

Depending on how late im up gaming Ill try and post an answer around 10
Thanks!

So the coupon that everyone is talking about is one you have to get by redeeming points, correct? So if I redeem for it then it doesn't stack it's just a bunch of wasted points? But If I don't act quickly that white 500gb system will probably be gone...
I think someone, in the GS trade in thread, mentioned the points return to your account after the coupon expires. Or, you could wait till someone posts here.

bread's done
Back