gamestop ps3/360 used systems $150 with free $20 game

I am probably the only one interested in this today, but has anyone tried buying a preowned kinect sensor for 30% off? I just now noticed that the $39.99 and $49.99 sensors are not considered "preowned" accessories on the website. They are considered "refurbished." The $69.99 Microsoft refurbished sensor is considered "preowned." When I add the refurbed kinects to the cart, nothing happens. When I add other accessories, the 30% off works. I guess I'm glad I didn't waste any gas money going to GS today for this non-deal.

I'm sure there is a huge demand for people wanting to buy refurbished kinect sensors right now... no reason to put them on sale or anything... They must be flying off the shelves with all of this wonderful hype constantly surrounding the kinect.
I actually went out to buy one but it rang up as 39.99 for the one without the AC cable. The promotion does not automatically stack and I asked the employee but he said that it must be because it is marked refurbished. So I guiess refurbished and Pre-owned are considered different things.

It came with the box too?
Yup. The only thing it didn't have in it were the God of War games. From talking to the associate, it sounded like the guy who traded it in thought it was more like he was getting a loan at a pawn shop, and had come back to try to get it back about a week before. The sticker on it said it just got off the initial trade in hold yesterday, too.

I am probably the only one interested in this today, but has anyone tried buying a preowned kinect sensor for 30% off? I just now noticed that the $39.99 and $49.99 sensors are not considered "preowned" accessories on the website. They are considered "refurbished." The $69.99 Microsoft refurbished sensor is considered "preowned." When I add the refurbed kinects to the cart, nothing happens. When I add other accessories, the 30% off works. I guess I'm glad I didn't waste any gas money going to GS today for this non-deal.

I'm sure there is a huge demand for people wanting to buy refurbished kinect sensors right now... no reason to put them on sale or anything... They must be flying off the shelves with all of this wonderful hype constantly surrounding the kinect.
Refurbed ones won't get the discount. Call your local stores and ask for a preowned, not a refurb. Preowned costs less than refurb, too, before the additional 30%.

Yup. The only thing it didn't have in it were the God of War games. From talking to the associate, it sounded like the guy who traded it in thought it was more like he was getting a loan at a pawn shop, and had come back to try to get it back about a week before. The sticker on it said it just got off the initial trade in hold yesterday, too.
lol Nice. I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but the guy that traded it in to a Gamestop must have been the dumbest person ever.

My local GS had a 320G Move Bundle in the back that they'd forgotten about, still sealed.
Not that I wanted the Move, but still nice that it was included, with a game. Probably wouldn't have gotten anything if they didn't have a new system. So, after trading a couple of unwanted older 360 games, walked out with a New console, Move & two games for $130.

I wonder if the any of the $xx off preowned games or the $25 preowned console would work with this promo. Does the game show a $0 balance after promo discounts?
No. I can confirm that the 25% Off Promo DOESNT work with this. I just went and bought a PS3 SuperSlim 500GB. And yes the game show a $0 balance in the receipt.

My local GS had a 320G Move Bundle in the back that they'd forgotten about, still sealed.
Not that I wanted the Move, but still nice that it was included, with a game. Probably wouldn't have gotten anything if they didn't have a new system. So, after trading a couple of unwanted older 360 games, walked out with a New console, Move & two games for $130.
And the finds keep getting better. lol Makes me want to go look for a 320GB PS3.

Hrm. I'd trade my 250 super slim in for a larger original slim. Now I have to make phone calls ...

Sorry if this is redundant but does the 30% hardware bonus towards preowned stack with this?
I don't think so, as it should give you the better promo, not stack. However, buy a 89 cent copy of kinect adventures to get your 30%, then in a separate transaction you can make your purchase and even trade in your kinect adventures for a whole 3 cents.

I'm pretty sure I just won the thread: for ~$120 after tax, I got a 500GB white super slim in like new condition, plus America's Test Kitchen DS, plus a complete in box Halo Wars CE.

Yes, I think I won!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so you have to trade in a game with the system you are trading in to get 30% extra credit towards the system you are buying. ..correct?

I was expecting the one I went to would be sold out. They only sold 2 and had a bunch. Even had a 60gb but passed. Got me a 500gb White SuperSlim in like (cosmeticly) new condition. Came complete with matching controller. Had an awful day. This brighten my day. Now I have to wait for coworker to drop off his extra tv (no tv yet) so I can use it.

That $120 Xbox is tempting.. but I don't think I can justify buying it. Hopefully prices will drop more once the X1 is out.

Refurbed ones won't get the discount. Call your local stores and ask for a preowned, not a refurb. Preowned costs less than refurb, too, before the additional 30%.
wrong

the kinect sensor is in the preowned system category. Now that coupon everyone is trying to use would probably work on the kinect sensor!

wrong
the kinect sensor is in the preowned system category. Now that coupon everyone is trying to use would probably work on the kinect sensor!
Is the preowned one that you're talking about $69.99? We want to buy the ones that are $39.99 and $49.99.

We are not talking about the coupon. We are talking about the 30% off ps3 and 360 preowned accessories that is going on today October 10th only.

hi guys! i was hoping for some help i just came home from my gamestop and got a preowned red super slim 500gb with ni no kuni! i was trying to understand if there was a 30% discount if i trade in a game towards this? i am really confused (sorry i look stupid i know) but i'm trying to understand how the other poster here got his console for 120, and i couldn't get the instructions with regards to buying kinect adventures then trading it in right away in a separate transaction. any help would be really really appreciated as i saw someone post also that this 30% discount or something is up to today. thank you in advance

just to add to my post, i was lucky enough to buy a "preowned" ps3 it was in a gamestop pre owned box as the other people in line got the "refurbished" ps3s.. so i was thinking is there a difference? (30% off? or just 30% bonus trade ins) thanks to anyone who can help. i only have until 9pm est to go back if needed to gs which is 5mins from my house :)

wrong
Sure, that's why when you go to the website it's under the accessory category. Either way the point of my statement was that searching for a refurb online is not going to show him what is available in his area for preowned.

just to add to my post, i was lucky enough to buy a "preowned" ps3 it was in a gamestop pre owned box as the other people in line got the "refurbished" ps3s.. so i was thinking is there a difference? (30% off? or just 30% bonus trade ins) thanks to anyone who can help. i only have until 9pm est to go back if needed to gs which is 5mins from my house :)
. It's not an extra 30% off the purchase, it's an extra 30% earned credit on items traded in when you purchase a preowned item.

thanks for clarifying maskim. i saw the gamestop website and the promo for extra 30% trade in credit is until december. i'll probably stop by tomorrow to return rebuy as i have a few games to trade in :) thanks for the help

Found a white 500gb right of the bat...... couldnt pass it up

I couldnt come up with a 20 game though, rushed and grabbed defiance for the moment, they said i could return if i decided on something else.

Was worried I wouldn't get in on any of the 500 gb consoles because I had to take the GRE this afternoon, was able to grab one of the 500 gb super slim ps3's tonight and got Sly Cooper Thieves of Time :) Sweet!

Is the preowned one that you're talking about $69.99? We want to buy the ones that are $39.99 and $49.99.

We are not talking about the coupon. We are talking about the 30% off ps3 and 360 preowned accessories that is going on today October 10th only.
In stores it's listed under the preowned system category. The power up rewards steal of the week is 25% of preowned system coupon. It will not stack with the ps3/360 sale. One could use it on a seperate transaction for a kinect.

There are five skus for kinect sensors that I know of.

1. new kinect

2. microsoft refurb kinect. (it's classified as new as it has the microsoft warranty still.)

3.pre owned kinect with ac adapter.

4.pre owned kinect (no ac)

5.gamestop refurb kinect (it's classified under the preowned system sku)

All preowned kinects should also come with kinect adventures.

Hope this helps ya'll

if I'm wrong about anything don't flame me, I'm only trying to clear up any confusion

In stores it's listed under the preowned system category. The power up rewards steal of the week is 25% of preowned system coupon. It will not stack with the ps3/360 sale. One could use it on a seperate transaction for a kinect.
There are five skus for kinect sensors that I know of.
1. new kinect
2. microsoft refurb kinect. (it's classified as new as it has the microsoft warranty still.)
3.pre owned kinect with ac adapter.
4.pre owned kinect (no ac)
5.gamestop refurb kinect (it's classified under the preowned system sku)
All preowned kinects should also come with kinect adventures.
Hope this helps ya'll
if I'm wrong about anything don't flame me, I'm only trying to clear up any confusion
I know about the 25% steal of the week but on 10/10 there's 30% off for paid PUR subscribers.

Is there away you can tell if a 320 has been convert to pre owned???
I'm wondering this too. lol I'm assuming they will have it displayed still in the box.

I went to my closest GS to try to find one of the 500 gig PS3s, but no dice. I may go into Ankeny, IA tomorrow and see what they have going there.

I'm wondering this too. lol I'm assuming they will have it displayed still in the box.

I went to my closest GS to try to find one of the 500 gig PS3s, but no dice. I may go into Ankeny, IA tomorrow and see what they have going there.
I would call before you waste your gas. They can also hold it for you if they do have it. Unless you already planned to go out there for other reasons then disregard my comment lol.

I would call before you waste your gas. They can also hold it for you if they do have it. Unless you already planned to go out there for other reasons then disregard my comment lol.
I was thinking about going out there to spend some time with my girlfriend, but yeah I'll probably just call to make sure. There's like 10 gamestops within a 15 mile radius there.

Isn't the 30% off for accessories? The kinect sku lists it as a system in stores. Although it seems like it is an accessory gamestop lists it as a system.
Exactly. When you add the kinects to your cart online, nothing happens. If you add any ps3/360 accessories, 30% is automatically taken off. This saved me a trip to GS. I'll wait until black friday. I can't see retailers like Target and Best Buy wanting to devote shelf space to old Kinects when PS4 and Xbox One stuff is out.

I really hate deals like this because I feel like I need to buy a console, but I don't need 2 of the same consoles. If the 320gb Limited Edition 360's were on sale for $150, id be all over it, but $150 for the GoW 500gb ps3 is tempting as is a $99 Halo 3 console. Decisions decisions

Man I had quite a day. First the Game Stop with the white PS3 I wanted was closed due to a transformer blowing out behind the strip they're in. So I ended up grabbing a red one from another GS. Then I called the original GS and they  were open. So I swapped out for the white one. I got that home hooked it up, updated and found that the XMB was causing crazy flickering on my TV. So I swapped the white one out again and got the Red one back.

After all that, it seems that the super slim PS3's just cause that particular TV to flicker like mad on the XMB screen (even when I went in and disabled 1080i and switched HDMI ports). It works fine on the TV from my bedroom and on my EVO monitor. That TV has been giving me problems before anyway so I'm probably going to swap its place for my bedroom one. I switched the 500gb Super Slim hard drive for the 320 in my regular slim that stays on the shelf and the rest of my day has been formatting, deactivating/reactivating all my accounts and downloading a ton of stuff two times over.

Moral of the story make sure to check these systems and your setup thoroughly as soon as you can after buying it.

I really want to buy one of those $149 PS3 systems. I've got about $110 worth of stuff I could trade in without the 30% bonus so I could make it out without paying much but,...I'm getting a PS4 next month so it seems kinda dumb to buy a PS3 one month before. Plus, I could just put that $110 towards new releases or PS4 games. Decisions, decisions. It doesn't help that I'm already going to be playing Pokemon a lot for the next few weeks so why even get a new system that will inevitably go on the backburner with all the 3DS/Wii U/PS4 games I will be playing? Ugh.

I really want to buy one of those $149 PS3 systems. I've got about $110 worth of stuff I could trade in without the 30% bonus so I could make it out without paying much but,...I'm getting a PS4 next month so it seems kinda dumb to buy a PS3 one month before. Plus, I could just put that $110 towards new releases or PS4 games. Decisions, decisions. It doesn't help that I'm already going to be playing Pokemon a lot for the next few weeks so why even get a new system that will inevitably go on the backburner with all the 3DS/Wii U/PS4 games I will be playing? Ugh.
Same boat as you, I just need to wait till PS4, then problem solved!

Same boat as you, I just need to wait till PS4, then problem solved!
I know. I keep thinking "oh all my trade in credit will make it free!" but I could just use that towards Watch Dogs and other games. I wish Sony would just tell us how the PS3 streaming will work, like money-wise. There are some PS3 games I really want to play and haven't been able to.

If PS3 streaming on PS4 is like an additional $8 fee per month, I'd consider it. If its $50 digital streamed copies of games than no thank you. I really, really hope they let us put our PS3 games into PS4 systems and then it calls for the game's data from the cloud since we already showed proof of purchase by inserting the disc.

I went to buy a black 500 gig ps3. I had them open the box. There were two really noticeable scratches and/or scuff marks on the top near the disc door. I declined to take it and unfortunately they didn't have any other 500 g slims in black.

What is a reasonable condition I should expect these used/refurb'd systems to be in? Am I being too picky?

This same store has a red slim I may get now. According to the sales guy, after I asked him to open the box via the phone, it has some slight scratches on the top. I haven't seen it yet though.

Also, one GS I called said if the system was "certified" and sealed by corporate then they can't open the box prior to purchase. I would have to buy and open myself. Lol. Even though the first store I went to opened a box for me.

I always wanted a white colored PS3 but Sony never released one in NA until earlier this year. Was hoping that bundle with PS+ would drop but it never did before Sony ceased production on it. Finally got one yesterday due to this promotion along with a free copy of Ni No Kuni. Great deal for either the red or white limited super slims, and thanks OP for the heads up.

Instead of a ps3 I bought a HD 3d projector open box at bb for 200. I just can't dignify spending 150 (and needing to buy more games and controllers) while my backlog is the way it is. But now that I have a 3d projector I want a ps3 for the 3d capability.

bread's done
Back