gamestop ps3/360 used systems $150 with free $20 game

Even if they don't override it, I found a quick call to customer service rectified it pretty well. Got my 7500 pts back along with another 18,000 for the issue.
Haha. Im about to redeem one right now and call tomorrow to tell them it didn't work. Hopefully I have the same luck as you. I've been shorted so many points. I'm just too lazy to call them so this should make up for everything.

I am fairly sure it mean's "New Kind" as in the new "slim". In other news the local store I tend to go to is holding a White 500gb, has the white DS3, and everything looks pretty good, the controller is a TINY bit dirty, but nothing a paper tower wouldn't clean up. I just... Someone talk me out of it, I mean yeah you can say "The exclusives are great!" But if you saw the pile of boxes filled with games I have amassed since I joined cag... You would say "Mayyybbbeee you should hold off on the ps3". Considering the fact that except exclusives, I probably have every game for the 360 already, not to mention the fact I REALLY have impulse control and every time there is a sale on games I would start snatching them up! "I can't WAIT to take this home, put it in a box with 15 other games, and play whatever was already in the system!"...
So yeah while it may only cost $150 for the system and a $20 game... it would end up costing me a couple hundred more by the end of the year x.x.
Just pass. You have tons of entertainment already and I'm sure would be content with life without playing the exclusives when you can get others in the genre.

So yeah while it may only cost $150 for the system and a $20 game... it would end up costing me a couple hundred more by the end of the year x.x.
I was in a kind of similar situation and passed. I thought about trying to find a recent downgraded 320gb, but realizing that most games I wanted from this generation I already have on 360 and PC made me go "Nah". I'm just going to save the $200+ I would have spent (system and tax + PS+) for later on.

OK, I just got off the phone with a Rep from Gamestop, and she told me the SOTW coupon should work with that deal, and I should go back and have them try it again. She told me if it doesn't work, to call from the store and have them talk to a Rep to get it to work.

I was calling to try and get my points back, but she said I could do that but the coupon should work the way it was supposed to, and to try going back to the store. I don't know if she was just misinformed, or what but I guess I'll go back and give it a try. Why not right?

Edit- I called back just to double check before I ran down to the store, and the second Rep says that the coupon can't be combined with another offer. So I guess I'd just be wasnting my time going down there, and the first Rep was just mistaken.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason it wouldn't work is because, the systems themselves are not "On sale" for $149.99, instead they are normal price, but there is a PROMOTION that takes off $XX until they are $149.99. The 25% coupon scans, but it will do nothing, as it is a worse promo, the system (99% of the time, we know it is flawed sometimes) will only give us the best promo. Had this been a general SALE on the system, it would work, but the way it was set up, you are no go on the steal of the week.

OK, I just got off the phone with a Rep from Gamestop, and she told me the SOTW coupon should work with that deal, and I should go back and have them try it again. She told me if it doesn't work, to call from the store and have them talk to a Rep to get it to work.

I was calling to try and get my points back, but she said I could do that but the coupon should work the way it was supposed to, and to try going back to the store. I don't know if she was just misinformed, or what but I guess I'll go back and give it a try. Why not right?

Edit- I called back just to double check before I ran down to the store, and the second Rep says that the coupon can't be combined with another offer. So I guess I'd just be wasnting my time going down there, and the first Rep was just mistaken.
The second rep was right. The first one probably was new to the job.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up that the free preowned game can be for any system. I picked up a 20 gb backwards compatible ps3 and a preowned 3ds game (Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask) for free. Therefore, if anyone wants to pick a game of their choice on any system for $19.99 and under, go for it. It will work.

I can confirm this too since I had couple of coupons and they will not stack as this promo is not meant to stack with any coupons.
Is it possible to "forfeit" the free game promo if you'd rather take the discount from the SotW coupon, or are you forced to get the free game?

Is it possible to "forfeit" the free game promo if you'd rather take the discount from the SotW coupon, or are you forced to get the free game?
You don't have to get the free game but it is a free game. Either way, you will need someone who is not aware of the terms and over ride it as otherwise it won't work. My guy scanned the coupon and nothing happened.

The free game isn't the promo that is making the console cheaper. You can leave the game, but it's a free game. Might as well take it.

You don't have to get the free game but it is a free game. Either way, you will need someone who is not aware of the terms and over ride it as otherwise it won't work. My guy scanned the coupon and nothing happened.
The free game isn't the promo that is making the console cheaper. You can leave the game, but it's a free game. Might as well take it.
Thanks for the responses, guys.

I was able to snag a red 500gb one with professor Layton MM 

I get the feeling they are trying to create space for the new consoles. 

I went in for something else and asked if the coupon would work with the deal for a PS3 and he said it should and even if it did not he would do it for me anyway. I came back later with the coupon and it did not work but he manually did the discount. I was able to get out of there with a 500gb PS3 for $112.50+tax. It may be very YMMV but it is worth asking to see if they are willing to do it.

When is the last day for this? I asked them in store, and some employees seem to be clueless about the expiration on the deal

Wow. Why do people get paid for that?

*PreOwned System Offer: Subject to availability by location. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer Valid for PowerUp Rewards customers 10/10/12. Valid for all customers 10/11/13 through 10/24/13.

So where does one aquire the Sotw coupon? I've been reading the last couple of pages cause I am interested in a cheap ps3.

Does anyone have an extra coupon they'd be willing to part with? is it tired to the power up account.. Thanks in advsnce

So where does one aquire the Sotw coupon? I've been reading the last couple of pages cause I am interested in a cheap ps3.
Does anyone have an extra coupon they'd be willing to part with? is it tired to the power up account.. Thanks in advsnce
Go to your power up rewards account and then go to rewards catalog and you should find it. Btw it costs 7,500 points

I wished I had me that spare 7,500 points, doubling dipping with the coupon and getting an extra PS3 for cheaper!

One reason why I hate buying use from gamestop This will soon be my 3rd time attempting to get a good white controller to match my white ps3.  first two were doa.

Before I picked up my red one today I had called around looking for  a colored ps3.  All three stores  I called had a colored one.   I think most workers are familiar with the stock and had no problem telling me they have one.   The trade in date on mine was 6 -05 2013  the mfg date was Jan 2013. 

I was waffling on the white one then I just snatched the red one up.    So far it is nice but I really like the first edition slim better and out of 500gb 412gb/465gb was listed.  I guess 520gb / out of 550gb would be too much to ask for LOL

anyone have the GS sku for the 320s that converted? Is it all of them like the infamous bundle an the move bundle?
Same sku as all other preowned 320's. You have to go to a store to find out whether their stock is converted or actually pre-owned. I hit three stores today that had 8+ units each and none were conversions. The staff was really cool about it when I asked (same stores had been unhelpful over the phone yesterday). One manager was convinced he had two conversions and spent 15 minutes trying to find them in back, but he came up short. Second key came in for work as I was leaving and said he'd sold both the previous night. Bad timing for me :whistle2:(

I was lucky enough to find a 320 gb new ps3 that was converted to used yesterday. The employee was very nice about checking for me.  We went through 2 others before finding one.  It was still wrapped in the foam plastic wrap that it originally comes in.  Also, the manual and free 1 month ps+ code were included as well.  I was on the fence about this sale but I went ahead and pulled the trigger because I doubt I will be able to get a better price on a new slim model ps3. Black Friday sales will probably all center around the super slim models and the general consensus seems to be that the slim models are made better.  It would've been sweeter to have been able to use the SotW coupon with this sale but I didn't feel like testing their employees to do a manual override. Happy with my find. Oh and I picked up a complete Ni No Kuni for my free game.  Good luck to everybody still looking.

I'm glad that some of you guys found the recently converted 320G PS3's, consider yourself lucky!

When is the last day for this? I asked them in store, and some employees seem to be clueless about the expiration on the deal
lol, reminds me of the guy I had tonight that didn't know about the trade 2/get $50 promo. He was confused about why scanning ATK made it $50 instead of $35. :p

why is everyone looking for a 320 gb ps3? any specific reason(s)? thanx.
I feel it's a mixture of wanting the newest condition system. Buying used (especially on a system) is always a chance so getting the New to "Used" converter Slims would make anyone feel better. That and there seems to be a lot of dislike towards the Super Slim. I find it a great, but it does feel cheaper and slightly louder. As CAGS if you're dropping big bucks you want our buy to feel worth it.

Before I picked up my red one today I had called around looking for a colored ps3. All three stores I called had a colored one. I think most workers are familiar with the stock and had no problem telling me they have one. The trade in date on mine was 6 -05 2013 the mfg date was Jan 2013.

I was waffling on the white one then I just snatched the red one up. So far it is nice but I really like the first edition slim better and out of 500gb 412gb/465gb was listed. I guess 520gb / out of 550gb would be too much to ask for LOL

Yeah that new-fangled "hard drive size not being what it actually is due to the megabyte/megabit discrepancy" fooled you didn't it. I know they just came out with that in like 1990 so you may not have noticed it before now.

Yeah that new-fangled "hard drive size not being what it actually is due to the megabyte/megabit discrepancy" fooled you didn't it. I know they just came out with that in like 1990 so you may not have noticed it before now.

LOL IMO 412gb usuable means a lot is missing dam near 1/4 35 gb is dead? I would say more 450gb right?

LOL IMO 412gb usuable means a lot is missing dam near 1/4 35 gb is dead? I would say more 450gb right?
You do realize that the PS3 also has an operating system right? 465GB is the actual size of a 500GB drive and then the rest is the OS and built in software. 410-420GB usable space is perfectly normal depending on the firmware being run.

Yesterday I picked up a 500GB refurbished PS3 (unfortunately not red or white but the only 500GB left in the store) and I got helped by a brand new employee--on his second day, he told me--so I am thinking some things went wrong in the transaction. I was wondering just two things:

1. Do the refurbished systems come with any kind of warranty or is purchasing the $29.99 1-Year warranty normal?

2. Am I supposed to have some sort of printout showing I bought the warranty or will the receipt suffice in case I need to return it?

Otherwise my system looks to be in great shape. Doesn't appear to be a new system converted but I can't really tell for sure. I'm not totally in love with the super slim design but it's whisper quiet. Just as long as it doesn't die out from all these PS+ games I plan on downloading. 

Yesterday I picked up a 500GB refurbished PS3 (unfortunately not red or white but the only 500GB left in the store) and I got helped by a brand new employee--on his second day, he told me--so I am thinking some things went wrong in the transaction. I was wondering just two things:

1. Do the refurbished systems come with any kind of warranty or is purchasing the $29.99 1-Year warranty normal?

2. Am I supposed to have some sort of printout showing I bought the warranty or will the receipt suffice in case I need to return it?

Otherwise my system looks to be in great shape. Doesn't appear to be a new system converted but I can't really tell for sure. I'm not totally in love with the super slim design but it's whisper quiet. Just as long as it doesn't die out from all these PS+ games I plan on downloading.
There's a 30 day standard warranty. The year warranty can only be used if you have the receipt, so scan it and keep it somewhere safe.

When I bought my refurbished 60 gig the other day, they said I had a 30 day warranty with the receipt. I passed on the one year warranty since I already owned a 120 gig PS3 slim and just wanted the 60 to play my PS2 games in HD. I figure 30 days is enough time to tell if it will hold up or not, but I feel more comfortable with a refurb than a pre-owned, and 60 gig systems with backwards compatibility are in short supply in my local area.

I should have not have a problem returning(refunding in credit)  PS3 I got from this right? I don't see why not but just to make sure .

bread's done
Back