gamestop ps3/360 used systems $150 with free $20 game

Wow. Why do people get paid for that?

*PreOwned System Offer: Subject to availability by location. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer Valid for PowerUp Rewards customers 10/10/12. Valid for all customers 10/11/13 through 10/24/13.
dead......

the systems are back to regular price online, this deal is dead it seems.....
Its still alive. You just have to add it to your cart for the discount to appear now.
It says this when I add a system:

Shock the System - $90 - Shock The System. Other exclusions may apply. Offer ends 10/25. - PlayStation 3 System 250GB (New K)

I got the halo 3 xbox 360. The system was complete with everything. I even got the original hard drive that goes with it and the original controller.Even the drive was the orange like it was supposed to be. I went ahead and got the extended warranty just in case.

I just want to make sure I have this straight, they are also converting new systems to "used" for this sale?  Reason I ask is because one of the GameStop's near me shows having the 320 GB Slim in stock.  I'd really like to get that model however I'm still a bit skeptical.  I used to have that same model and I think it got the YLOD (although I never saw a yellow light).  It basically turns on and then shuts back off and beeps a few times after a few seconds.  I wouldn't feel comfortable buying another one used.

That must be what happened with mine. I cannot see a thing cosmetically wrong with it, the cables and stuff were sealed, and the system had plastic around it too. There was no booklet of any kind though...

But yeah, a basically new console for $150 (despite them saying it was a 'Gamestop referbished') plus a game is a great deal...

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up with one of the converted 320GB PS3s. I was going after one of the 500GB super slims, but am pretty happy I ended up with a new one instead. 

Hey, a question for those who found sealed "used" bundles or for GS employees. I found 2 move 320gb bundles at different stores which showed having none in stock on line. But when the scanned it the used price did not come up even though they did no exist even in the stores inventory. How were you guys able to buy these?

Hey, a question for those who found sealed "used" bundles or for GS employees. I found 2 move 320gb bundles at different stores which showed having none in stock on line. But when the scanned it the used price did not come up even though they did no exist even in the stores inventory. How were you guys able to buy these?
Probably didn't finish the conversion. I assume they have to add them in the system's inventory because it's now "used" and to add the serial numbers. Probably would have to talk to a manager to get that fixed. Did it show the regular new price?

this happened to me with the metal gear 4 CE. They told me they couldnt sell it because it wasnt in inventory. The next day it was gone.

Anyone know why gamestop.com charges taxes even if using trade credit?  It does not happen in store though.

Anyone know why gamestop.com charges taxes even if using trade credit? It does not happen in store though.
because their site isn't programmed to take it off. Either pick it up in store or call customer service after placing the order to have the tax returned to you.

because their site isn't programmed to take it off. Either pick it up in store or call customer service after placing the order to have the tax returned to you.
When I checked locally, there were no 500GB PS3s in a 100 mile radius. I placed and order online and tried to get CS to remove the tax. CS said they could not and will not since they get in trouble with Uncle Sam. Whatever.. So I cancelled. Lucky for me.. I was able to find one that someone traded in yesterday at a nearby GS. So I picked that up instead.

When I checked locally, there were no 500GB PS3s in a 100 mile radius. I placed and order online and tried to get CS to remove the tax. CS said they could not and will not since they get in trouble with Uncle Sam. Whatever.. So I cancelled. Lucky for me.. I was able to find one that someone traded in yesterday at a nearby GS. So I picked that up instead.
I've never had an issue with it. I point out that I live in a state where the law is one isn't taxed on the trade in value portion of a purchase and that I don't get charged tax in store when using trade credit. They've always been quick to fix it.

I've never had an issue with it. I point out that I live in a state where the law is one isn't taxed on the trade in value portion of a purchase and that I don't get charged tax in store when using trade credit. They've always been quick to fix it.
I tried to explain that to them but no luck. The deal is dead. Should be moved to the graveyard. Just curious what other people got as their free game?

bread's done
Back