GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
True Story
I purchased Bionic Commander earlier this week. I got home and of course it was gutted. The disk had several scratches. I immediately retrurned it and they gave me grief about doing so. I mentioned opening the game and throwing it in a paper sleeve makes a game used. He proceeded to go through all the "new games" in the paper sleeves. All had scratches. I can't believe they would allow this.

[quote name='mercilessming']So is HAWX 19.99 or 39.99 Now after the sales ad which has it 39.99?[/QUOTE]

it's definitely 19.99. i had best buy do a price match yesterday, they called the closest gamestop and verified the price.

I actually prefer gutted games in the case where they are this cheap and not that good. My Valkyria Chronicles was gutted but complete and in new condition. So was my bionic commando i just picked up. Which is a pretty mediocre game according to reviews.

The best thing about gutted is that you can play it and return within 7 days for full refund if it really does suck. I kept Valkyria but will likely return or flip BC ;)

my store was out of Bionic Commando when the deal went live. I went there today to pick up NBA 2K9 & Call of Juarez and noticed they got some stock in on 360. So some stores might be getting stock in if they were out of a certain game. Thought I would give you all a heads up.

Bionic Commando is like Fracture lots of hype but a major letdown. I will wait till it hits the Sears $10 clearance bin.

Nice to see the site re-stock the 360 versions of BC and Hawx. Now just re-stock the PS3 versions and they got themselves a sale.

[quote name='Squall280']True Story
I purchased Bionic Commander earlier this week. I got home and of course it was gutted. The disk had several scratches. I immediately retrurned it and they gave me grief about doing so. I mentioned opening the game and throwing it in a paper sleeve makes a game used. He proceeded to go through all the "new games" in the paper sleeves. All had scratches. I can't believe they would allow this.[/QUOTE]

had the same problem with Hawx...i opened it up and it was covered in hair and scratches like a dog got at it...when i took it back they were only gonna give me the trade in value on it...talked to the manager and finally got a different sealed copy...last time i buy at gamestop i think, funny thing though one of the employees was on the phone askin his friend which movie he should "borrow" for the night

Is the PS3 version of Bionic Commando better than the 360 version? Seems to be selling out a lot faster at all the Gamestops.

Tracked down and grabbed a gutted, but mint BC and sealed Oblivion for ps3...

...although Oblivion is now back in stock online and might decided to return or flip BC due to the shitty reviews/feedback. Probably should have looked for a PoP LE copy instead, oh well.. lmao.

Hadn't physically been in a GS in a long while, but something funny I noticed is that every one I went to, I noticed there's always an older douche bag who is probably a "manager" with a holier than thou complex and then usually a pretty chill, nerdy sidekick...

[quote name='munkyballz']Tracked down and grabbed a gutted, but mint BC and sealed Oblivion for ps3...

...although Oblivion is now back in stock online and might decided to return or flip BC due to the shitty reviews/feedback. Probably should have looked for a PoP LE copy instead, oh well.. lmao.

Hadn't physically been in a GS in a long while, but something funny I noticed is that every one I went to, I noticed there's always an older douche bag who is probably a "manager" with a holier than thou complex and then usually a pretty chill, nerdy sidekick...[/QUOTE]

bc seems alright to me, i played about a hour or more, but it seems fun, but i can also see why it gets mixed reviews..

[quote name='pjb16']You do know B2G1 only applies to used games, right?[/QUOTE]

True but some of these games' used price dropped, like PoP....

Traded in skate., COD:WAW, Rock Revolution, and GTA 4, got the additional 20%, then stacked that with my Edge card...walked away with an entire bundle for $35. If I sell the guitar I think I can break even.

I got a new sealed copy of BC, I'd recommend it for 20$. I'm enjoying it much more than i thought i would. I'm like 50% on it and have about 3 hours into it, so your take on if it'. s to short. haven't tried the multiplayer yet. I found PoP at target for 7$.

traded in wheelman and got 10$ for it so if you can play it and beat it before they realize their stupidity you could essentially get the game for 10$

[quote name='bjstucker']traded in wheelman and got 10$ for it so if you can play it and beat it before they realize their stupidity you could essentially get the game for 10$[/QUOTE]

You're not really getting it for $10 since you're trading it in... you're just paying $10 for an expensive rental.

[quote name='raybert']Is the PS3 version of Bionic Commando better than the 360 version? Seems to be selling out a lot faster at all the Gamestops.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is. GRIN has a thing for making PS3 versions of games look better than 360 versions (terminator salvation,BC,wanted) and also its 30 something dollars on Amazon while the 360 is 20ish...

The GHWT deal for Wii is a big time FML for me. I paid the full $190 when it first came out (from the year's store credit I saved up from trades and what-not). Blurg!

[quote name='bjstucker']traded in wheelman and got 10$ for it so if you can play it and beat it before they realize their stupidity you could essentially get the game for 10$[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Roufuss']You're not really getting it for $10 since you're trading it in... you're just paying $10 for an expensive rental.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:
You have to love the irony of his post though. Talking about GS's stupidity, all the while he is paying $10 to rent the game.

With this logic, I bought 3 games from Family Video last month for $3 a piece. That's 3 games for $9!!! Should I start a new thread?

[quote name='dino88']:rofl:
You have to love the irony of his post though. Talking about GS's stupidity, all the while he is paying $10 to rent the game.

With this logic, I bought 3 games from Family Video last month for $3 a piece. That's 3 games for $9!!! Should I start a new thread?[/QUOTE]

I mostly feel bad that he thinks buying Wheelman is stupid.

I... I r-really liked that game. *Sniffle*

I called my local game stop and they are sold out of BC and HAWX for all systems. I live in silicon valley, a big market, most stores are all ready depleted. I talked to my favorite rep at GS who knows me. He said he doubts anymore shipments will come in. The used version will not be reduced in price, which doesn't make sense to me. Its 35 for HAWX used and like 50 for BC. I went online, and they were all sold out of HAWX for PS3. Luckily, i snagged a copy for 360.

Had called my local GS looking for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY. Was told that they had 2 new copies. I arrived 5 minutes after making the call and the guy there (not the one I talked to) told me they didn't have any new ones only used. Said it was cheaper than the newer one.

I was about to walk out until the guy I talked to on the phone came out from the back and asked if I had called earlier. I said yes and he pulled out a brand new copy from the drawer. Pretty incredible what extent they'll go to to sell used copies to you since they buy it back from us at $2.75, but sell it at $17.99.

The guy I initially dealt with didn't even bother to check the drawer or the wall at all.

[quote name='dino88']:rofl:

With this logic, I bought 3 games from Family Video last month for $3 a piece. That's 3 games for $9!!! Should I start a new thread?[/QUOTE]

Well got it for 5 bucks from target 3 weeks ago, platinumed it took it back and got 3x what I paid for it... I didn't start a new thread so your entire last sentence has no baring. Good job though

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

[quote name='baller3643']I called my local game stop and they are sold out of BC and HAWX for all systems. I live in silicon valley, a big market, most stores are all ready depleted. I talked to my favorite rep at GS who knows me. He said he doubts anymore shipments will come in. The used version will not be reduced in price, which doesn't make sense to me. Its 35 for HAWX used and like 50 for BC. I went online, and they were all sold out of HAWX for PS3. Luckily, i snagged a copy for 360.[/QUOTE]

I was told there might be a chance for restock since the sale lasts for so long. The used price will not drop since GS makes their money on those. They get credit in return for selling these particular games and the price is dictated by the publisher and not GS. In the end, GS gets credit from the publisher and they get profit from the used since there's probably some hype and someone eventually will buy it. Could even be a ploy by the publisher to bump the sold numbers to make the game look successful, especially so soon after release. But this is all speculation. :whistle2:#

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']Yeah it is. GRIN has a thing for making PS3 versions of games look better than 360 versions (terminator salvation,BC,wanted) and also its 30 something dollars on Amazon while the 360 is 20ish...[/QUOTE]

This is because GRIN makes full use of NVidia PhysX in their engine which is a proprietary physics API. Of course the PS3 is powered by the NVidia RSX and has full support. Whereas the 360 is powered by an ATI GPU. Which is also supported by the PhysX SDK. But you can do the math on which GPU supports it better.

Would have gladly given you $10+ shipping for it. :(

Just bought GOTY Oblivion and also Fallout 3 (part of the online used deal) for a combined $45

It's an awesome deal but I don't know when I'm going to get around to playing them due to my backlog...

[quote name='PS3_Moose']Just bought GOTY Oblivion and also Fallout 3 (part of the online used deal) for a combined $45

It's an awesome deal but I don't know when I'm going to get around to playing them due to my backlog...[/QUOTE]

Simple, move Fallout 3 to the top of the backlog. You'll thank yourself.

[quote name='bjstucker']Well got it for 5 bucks from target 3 weeks ago, platinumed it took it back and got 3x what I paid for it... I didn't start a new thread so your entire last sentence has no baring. Good job though[/QUOTE]

Great job on getting 3x what you paid for it (since when is buying something for $5 and selling it for $10 getting 3x what you paid...but that's a whole other issue), but that has nothing to do with your post that I quoted. Your post told people that they could get the game for $10 if they did a buy and return. That is what I responded to and congratulated you on finding such a great deal.

I'm aware that you didn't post a separate thread. I was just questioning whether or not I should post a thread for my awesome find (3 games for $9!!!).

:wall:

I know this has been discussed "ad nauseum", but I went into Gamestop yesterday and asked for a new copy of Bionic Commando. The salesmen says we have one left. They proceed to pull a disc out in a paper disc cover with no box. Wheres the box? It must have gotten lost.

I know the game is at a discounted price. But I will never understand how Gamestop can claim, and get away with it, calling a product new when it clearly may not be.

[quote name='blakhawkjohn']I know this has been discussed "ad nauseum", but I went into Gamestop yesterday and asked for a new copy of Bionic Commando. The salesmen says we have one left. They proceed to pull a disc out in a paper disc cover with no box. Wheres the box? It must have gotten lost.

I know the game is at a discounted price. But I will never understand how Gamestop can claim, and get away with it, calling a product new when it clearly may not be.[/QUOTE]
That's because consumers let them. I don't understand why people keep buying "Gamestop New" games since they are paying full retail price anyway. Can't they go to BB, TRU, Target, etc and pay the same amount for a brand new, sealed factory copy?

[quote name='blakhawkjohn']I know this has been discussed "ad nauseum", but I went into Gamestop yesterday and asked for a new copy of Bionic Commando. The salesmen says we have one left. They proceed to pull a disc out in a paper disc cover with no box. Wheres the box? It must have gotten lost.

I know the game is at a discounted price. But I will never understand how Gamestop can claim, and get away with it, calling a product new when it clearly may not be.[/QUOTE]

It is actually illegal to sell merchandise as "new" when it's opened. That's why you see stores sell opened merchandise as marked. The FTC in the US is investigating the GameStop Corporation as a result of several complaints on this issue. Some managers know better and don't do it. If I come across a manager that I like @ GS, I always tell them this, and as I say it's not to bust their balls it's to cover their own ass.

I don't understand how this helps GS. Doesn't it waste their employees' time to gut these games, place stickers on covers and file the discs into those drawers behind the register? With all the trade in promotions going on, GS has seemed to be pretty busy lately. I think GS would profit more if their employees focused on processing trade-ins from customers.

For this current sale, if GS was going to sell me a new game which was gutted, I'd probably would have asked for an unopened one or just left. That might just be me though.

[quote name='kk012']I don't understand how this helps GS. Doesn't it waste their employees' time to gut these games, place stickers on covers and file the discs into those drawers behind the register? With all the trade in promotions going on, GS has seemed to be pretty busy lately. I think GS would profit more if their employees focused on processing trade-ins from customers.

For this current sale, if GS was going to sell me a new game which was gutted, I'd probably would have asked for an unopened one or just left. That might just be me though.[/QUOTE]

What irks me are the stores with lots of shelf space in which they gut multiple new copies and put the cases on the shelves.

Typically they have a drawer for sealed games and a lot of times they won't even look for a sealed copy unless you specially ask. So the process repeats, they open the one in the drawer and put it on the shelf.

[quote name='technole']Simple, move Fallout 3 to the top of the backlog. You'll thank yourself.[/QUOTE]

I think I'll play it after I finish Valkyria Chronicles. Actually though, should I cancel my order and wait and get GOTY Fallout 3 for 60 in October?

[quote name='PS3_Moose']I think I'll play it after I finish Valkyria Chronicles. Actually though, should I cancel my order and wait and get GOTY Fallout 3 for 60 in October?[/QUOTE]

I think you should wait for the GOTY edition then especially since VC will take some of your time, and its fun! As we still have not gotten the first Fallout 3 DLC released yet on PS3. Apparently they had a delay.

I was running some errands today and I ran into Best Buy to see if they would price match Bionic Commando. Despite being pretty sure I have price matched a couple of GS items there before, I was told that they don't match Gamestop at all, "because they set their own prices".

I'm going to hold off on Fallout. I will get Oblivion however.

Which of these would be good to get as well?

RE: Umbrella Chronicles
Prince of Persia
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
GTA IV

[quote name='PS3_Moose']I'm going to hold off on Fallout. I will get Oblivion however.

Prince of Persia
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
GTA IV[/QUOTE]

Both of those are ones I've played and thoroughly enjoyed (for the PS3).

Thanks, I think I'm going to go with PoP

Should I get it new or get it used and risk not getting box and manual (I'm ordering online)

[quote name='PS3_Moose']I'm going to hold off on Fallout. I will get Oblivion however.

Prince of Persia
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
GTA IV[/QUOTE]

I would stay away from RSV2 if you are planning to play it online. Not alot of people play it anymore.

[quote name='PS3_Moose']Thanks, I think I'm going to go with PoP

Should I get it new or get it used and risk not getting box and manual (I'm ordering online)[/QUOTE]

Personally, I always like getting my games new. But I'm sure if you got it used, if you don't mind not having the box / manual, it won't be bad. By that, I mean the controls aren't that hard to figure out. Also, you could probably find the manual online for free in some form, or at least the important parts.

bread's done
Back