Gamestop Sales B2G2F PS2 & Gamecube?

insxoffer

CAG Veteran
I was at a local Gamestop and purchased a few old ps2 games. The manager there infor me that there is a B2G2F on PS2 & Gamecube like they did last time in 2 weeks. have any1 heard about this sale?

Most of GS's PS2 games are scratched up pretty bad??? Anyone get denied trading that kind of crap to BB???

I got in my E-Rewards $25 gc today, so maybe I'll take a trek to a couple of the GS stores in my area still selling them and see how many disc only sports titles I can find to dump on BB for 50% extra.:lol:
[quote name='GoVols']Most of GS's PS2 games are scratched up pretty bad??? Anyone get denied trading that kind of crap to BB???[/QUOTE]
That's why ya gotta nitpick what you're buying when you're buying it. I have no qualms about trading in disc only crap to BB(since they started accepting stuff w/o case/artwork/manual a while ago), but they could very well reject the games based on how mangled or not they are.

Checked the other stores today... found a few, but unfortunately nothing to really complete the B2G2, even if I "wanted" them. I couldnt muster the courage to spend $30 on a couple Digital Devil Saga, etc.

But I did find a copy of disc only King's Field: The Ancient City for $4. And I found a Gamecube game that was only $4, so I got that too.

I thought this ended this week, so I might go try again since it lasts till 9/11.

[quote name='Echoes']Is it possible to return a game I got from this deal (that was one of the ones I paid for, not a free one) and get store credit for it? I know there is a 7 day return policy, but I don't know if that applies to games bought during a sale like this one.[/QUOTE]

I feel like it's pretty ymmv. I feel like swapping it out with something of equal or lesser value wouldn't be a big deal but I'm not sure about store credit. I went the other day to exchange one of the freebies, and they wouldn't give me store credit but let me exchange it with something else. What I eventually picked out was a bit more expensive so I just paid the difference. In one of these past promotions I got a game that didn't work, so I went and swapped it with something else, and grabbed 2 more since there was still a buy 2 get 1 deal. I ended up getting one free (in exchange for the broken one), paid for the other and got the 3rd free. I didn't realize it at the time but it was a bit of return fraud, but things are ymmv in these promotions.

The store I checked out today actually had a pretty surprising selection of CIB RPGs (some of the Shin Megami Tensei games, a few Dot Hacks, etc.) but I already have all those so I just grabbed some cheap stuff:

-Time Crisis: Crisis Zone (pretty sure I have all the Guncon games for PS2 now! :D )
-Activision Anthology
-Bloody Roar 3 (just need the first one and I'll have em all)
-The Suffering: The Ties that Bind (need to track down the first game now....d'oh!)

All for ~$16.
Nothing amazing but for $4 each I'm not complaining!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I got in my E-Rewards $25 gc today, so maybe I'll take a trek to a couple of the GS stores in my area still selling them and see how many disc only sports titles I can find to dump on BB for 50% extra.:lol:
.[/QUOTE]

It's only 50% if you preorder Madden, 40% if you preorder anything else. You don't come off as a Madden fan

[quote name='shadowkast']It's only 50% if you preorder Madden, 40% if you preorder anything else. You don't come off as a Madden fan[/QUOTE]
I'm not. I haven't played a Madden game in a couple of years and even then it was only over my one buddies' house on his PS2.

Unless they suddenly mandate picking up or fully paying off the pre-order to get the bonus bump, then you could just do like the GS pre-order bonuses used to and just cancel once the game comes out.

It's not like it'll be that hard for them to sell an extra copy of Madden, since people go nuts for that shit every year.:roll:

wait a minute....so are you implying you can trade in more than whats required for the cost of the preorder and still get the extra 50% per trade in? If so...sweet..if not....whats the point?

[quote name='skateraXVIII']If I bought some disc only games from GS and tried to trade them in at BB but they didn't accept them, would I be able to return them to GS?[/QUOTE]

They should definitely take them back. Gamestop has a 7 day return policy on used games.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Unfortunately, the two I tried today didn't have any PS2 games. Where can I find the Gamestops that actually have games?[/QUOTE]

Just search for the games you want on their website and then check their availability. After searching for a couple games, you should be able to figure out which stores around you have the best selection.

FYI, I just counted the sheet I have, and there are 116 games at GS at $.99 in their system.

EDIT: for PS2 of course, since that's what this thread is about. (I'm sure there are plenty of other shitty games for $.99 too :p)

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^Anything worth it at less than $1? Thinking about looking for some $4.99 and under games.[/QUOTE]

For PS2? I found plenty of good games. Unfortunately they are disc only. You wont find any $1 games w/ case etc.

So far I've found:

- King's Field: The Ancient City ($4)
- Eternal Ring ($2)
- Klonoa 2 ($5)
- Steambot Chronicles ($5)
- Extermination ($1.50)
- Metal Saga ($3)
- Samurai Western ($3)

[quote name='nnthomas']For PS2? I found plenty of good games. Unfortunately they are disc only. You wont find any $1 games w/ case etc.

So far I've found:

- King's Field: The Ancient City ($4)
- Eternal Ring ($2)
- Klonoa 2 ($5)
- Steambot Chronicles ($5)
- Extermination ($1.50)
- Metal Saga ($3)
- Samurai Western ($3)[/QUOTE]

Thats not true. My store had a lot of $.99 sports titles with the cases still, as well as a coupe other .99 titles, but majority were disc only. Guess it depends on the location.

I saw a few boxes for games under $5 that I knew were that cheap from the website but hadn't had the sticker updated since they were more expensive, so I guess the employees took one look and kept them. But yeah, I only buy if it's boxed, most often with a manual, and the under $5 are definitely the hardest to find. Frequency, Alien Hominid, Klonoa 2, etc.

Anything I should note buying at GS and trading at BB my gamestop has tons of ps2 games the guy says no one ever comes in looking for them so tomorrow I'm gonna buy a few and take them to BB the only thing I know about trading there is no more than 3 of the same game and you can only get a BB gift card. Can I preorder madden without paying it off. (might pay it off anyway because I have really been looking forward to it) If I brought in 30+ games 2 of each (lol) would they turn me away?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^Anything worth it at less than $1? Thinking about looking for some $4.99 and under games.[/QUOTE]

Cheapies at $4.99 and under:

Rogue Ops
Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
Taito Legends 2
Armored Core games
Maximo Ghosts to Glory
Viewtiful Joe
Metal Arms
Rumble Roses

GS used to have 30 days return policy for online orders. Anyone know if it is still the case or has it been changed?

Trying to do this flip thing, and boy, it's taking too long. BB has a limit on trade-in. Max 3 of a title for the same platform per year. Not that I have to stick to it, but it makes things harder, especially when GS's sticker pricing is not really up to date, because some games have been sitting there.

Need a few more games to make it worth it.

[quote name='yosnowman']Anything I should note buying at GS and trading at BB my gamestop has tons of ps2 games the guy says no one ever comes in looking for them so tomorrow I'm gonna buy a few and take them to BB the only thing I know about trading there is no more than 3 of the same game and you can only get a BB gift card. Can I preorder madden without paying it off. (might pay it off anyway because I have really been looking forward to it) If I brought in 30+ games 2 of each (lol) would they turn me away?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't able to get away with NOT preordering so I think you have to. as far as your concern about the games, I've done about 40+ in two separate trips so you should be ok. The guy did complained about how much paperwork he would have while he was giving me the gift card so I don't think I should try a third time. lol

Two of my local stores (the ones with the most floor space, oddly enough) have gotten rid of all of their PS2 games. One of the employees told me that all stores will stop taking PS2 games within the next 6 months and they'll be trying to phase them out within that time frame. Any truth to this? I found it kind of weird that they had huge PS2 selections one day and now they're gone at those stores the next. I guess they weren't moving them too well at those locations.

[quote name='mackie619']I wasn't able to get away with NOT preordering so I think you have to. as far as your concern about the games, I've done about 40+ in two separate trips so you should be ok. The guy did complained about how much paperwork he would have while he was giving me the gift card so I don't think I should try a third time. lol[/QUOTE]
Haha so you had to fully pay off the preorder? If nothing else I could just take it back after release. Did you have to take it to a trade in kiosk or just any register? Also do you know if there is an age requirement for trade ins at BB?

[quote name='DrNo888']GS used to have 30 days return policy for online orders. Anyone know if it is still the case or has it been changed?[/QUOTE]

My Game Stop was giving me shit about that some time after Black Friday last year. They were saying that it was 7 days only ._.
Btw, is Fatal Frame still rare? I got 2 and 3 today. Was pretty happy but when I went to another Game Stop they also had it.

A lot of "rare" ps2 games have had reprints recently... so don't be surprised if you find them at all stores. Which is why I'm not exactly jumping out of my skin to pay $30 for these titles.

[quote name='chickenbutt']My Game Stop was giving me shit about that some time after Black Friday last year. They were saying that it was 7 days only ._.
Btw, is Fatal Frame still rare? I got 2 and 3 today. Was pretty happy but when I went to another Game Stop they also had it.[/QUOTE]

Neither are rare, especially since Tecmo went ahead and reprinted all of 'em so they're readily available.

Also, FF2 on PS2 is the inferior version. FF1 and FF2 were later released on the original XBOX and both were enhanced with more features, different endings, and better graphics.

Right. Forgot they got reprinted. I'm still pretty interested in playing them though. I got SMT Digital Devil Saga and Nocturne when I bought 2 and 3. Which one should I return for the first Fatal Frame? I've only played Persona 3 on PSP so I don't really know much about the SMT games.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Right. Forgot they got reprinted. I'm still pretty interested in playing them though. I got SMT Digital Devil Saga and Nocturne when I bought 2 and 3. Which one should I return for the first Fatal Frame? I've only played Persona 3 on PSP so I don't really know much about the SMT games.[/QUOTE]
I think you'd be better off just buying FF1 from someplace else. You should be able to find a used copy for $10-12 shipped without too much effort. However if you feel that you have to return one of the SMT games, it seems like an easy choice since Nocturne doesn't have a sequel but DDS does.

So my haul today:

Shadow Hearts: Covenant ($20)
Ratchet & Clank ($7)
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando ($6)
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal ($7)

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I think you'd be better off just buying FF1 from someplace else. You should be able to find a used copy for $10-12 shipped without too much effort. However if you feel that you have to return one of the SMT games, it seems like an easy choice since Nocturne doesn't have a sequel but DDS does.[/QUOTE]

I see them all over eBay for $20+. Any idea where I can get it for the price you said?

[quote name='yosnowman']Haha so you had to fully pay off the preorder? If nothing else I could just take it back after release. Did you have to take it to a trade in kiosk or just any register? Also do you know if there is an age requirement for trade ins at BB?[/QUOTE]

No I didnt have to pay it off actually. He was just annoyed by me bringing that many games conveniently right before his break time :). As far as any requirements for trading in stuff, the only thing the guy told me was that you need either a driver's license, passport, or county I.D. He specifically said no school I.D's. Never mentioned an actual AGE limit though.

[quote name='mackie619']No I didnt have to pay it off actually. He was just annoyed by me bringing that many games conveniently right before his break time :). As far as any requirements for trading in stuff, the only thing the guy told me was that you need either a driver's license, passport, or county I.D. He specifically said no school I.D's. Never mentioned an actual AGE limit though.[/QUOTE]

:applause: thanks wish me luck tomorrow going to buy as many $1 as my local GS has in good condition then going to another one by my local best buy and splitting my trades between me, my girlfriend, and my mom at three different BBs.

[quote name='yosnowman']:applause: thanks wish me luck tomorrow going to buy as many $1 as my local GS has in good condition then going to another one by my local best buy and splitting my trades between me, my girlfriend, and my mom at three different BBs.[/QUOTE]

madden games from 2001-2007 will be your best friends on this deal. .99 each. good luck.

[quote name='mackie619']madden games from 2001-2007 will be your best friends on this deal. .99 each. good luck.[/QUOTE]

Through 2006, not 2007. 2007 is $1.99 I believe. (I just know it's not $.99)

[quote name='romeogbs19']Neither are rare, especially since Tecmo went ahead and reprinted all of 'em so they're readily available.

Also, FF2 on PS2 is the inferior version. FF1 and FF2 were later released on the original XBOX and both were enhanced with more features, different endings, and better graphics.[/QUOTE]

But are FF 1/2 on Original XBox playable on 360's? I'm glad to have the whole series, minus the 4th that was Wii only, on the PS2 now.

[quote name='Rozz']Two of my local stores (the ones with the most floor space, oddly enough) have gotten rid of all of their PS2 games. One of the employees told me that all stores will stop taking PS2 games within the next 6 months and they'll be trying to phase them out within that time frame. Any truth to this? I found it kind of weird that they had huge PS2 selections one day and now they're gone at those stores the next. I guess they weren't moving them too well at those locations.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is flooded with PS2 games and are starting the process of moving them to the higher volume stores to get rid of them. I doubt they stop taking them in the next 6 months, but I would say they may stop taking them late next year, especially if no new games come out on it.

Only reason they still take Gamecube games is because they move incredibly well. Same goes for controllers and memory cards. Most places sell them almost as fast as they get them in, but then the systems sit in the back gathering dust as its Wii owners buying them.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Does it matter if a game doesn't show up on the BB.com video game estimator? Would I still be able to trade it at the store?[/QUOTE]

What game? They can just select a generic SKU I think.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Does it matter if a game doesn't show up on the BB.com video game estimator? Would I still be able to trade it at the store?[/QUOTE]

I took a copy of NHL Hitz to BB for trade in, but it was not accepted because it wasnt in the system. I'd say it's YMMV if the store takes it or not.

Loving this sale! I just wish more of what I wanted was contained in a single store. I've been to two so far, planning two more in the next few days. Here's my haul so far, grouped up the way I purchased them:

Musashi Samurai Legend
Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
DDR: SuperNova 2

Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Makai Kingdom
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Grandia II

Mega Man X Command Mission
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Sonic Heroes
DDR: MAX 2

Hurray! :bouncy:

Picked up a few games:

Rez 9.99
Shining Force EXA 7.99
Phantom Brave 6.99 (Free)
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter 5.99 (Free)

Ironically 3 of the 4 games I went there to get though they "couldn't find": (Rule of Rose,Shin Megami Devil Summoner and Digital Devil Saga 2). They still show up in stock on the in store computer though so I am sure they are in the employee hold drawer. This has been happeneing a lot around here lately. Happy with what I was able to get though.

[quote name='ChuckyDJ']Picked up a few games:

Rez 9.99
Shining Force EXA 7.99
Phantom Brave 6.99 (Free)
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter 5.99 (Free)

Ironically 3 of the 4 games I went there to get though they "couldn't find": (Rule of Rose,Shin Megami Devil Summoner and Digital Devil Saga 2). They still show up in stock on the in store computer though so I am sure they are in the employee hold drawer. This has been happeneing a lot around here lately. Happy with what I was able to get though.[/QUOTE]

That's happened to me a lot lately as well, mostly in situations where I actually find the case on the shelf and then they tell me they must have sold the disc without it. I've started asking them if I can have the case or art/manual when they tell me they can't find the disc.

I was extremely surprised with the great selection in their original cases at my gamestop. Picked up fatal frame 2,re4, red faction 2,shin megami Nocturn, both kingdom hearts, Baldurs gate dark alliance, dot hack infection, dragon quest 8, and Timesplitters 2.

bread's done
Back