GAMESTOP: Save $25 on any new game $29.99 or higher when trading select titles.

I've tried to read some of the posts in this thread multiple times and I still have no freaking clue what this deal even means.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I've tried to read some of the posts in this thread multiple times and I still have no freaking clue what this deal even means.[/QUOTE]
why not click the link then?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I've tried to read some of the posts in this thread multiple times and I still have no freaking clue what this deal even means.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I can't figure out how this deal is supposed to work at all.

1) Find a game you have that is on the eligible list.
2) Find a game that is $29.99 (or higher) NEW that you are wanting
3) Trade in game from #1, the value will show as the standard trade in value.
4) They ring up game from #2, and hit total. (assuming on this part, how it worked in the past)
5) The TIV on game from #1 bumps up to $25. It does not add an extra $25 to your base TIV.

I really hope you guys are joking. You trade in a game. If its on the list of titles, you get the games trade in value bumped up to $25 if you buy something brand new.

Its pretty hard to understand.

You can only trade in 1 game for $25 towards the purchase of a game $29.99 or higher?

Can I trade in more games from the list of selected titles towards the purchase of a new $60.00 game?

[quote name='AceBB6']You can only trade in 1 game for $25 towards the purchase of a game $29.99 or higher?

Can I trade in more games from the list of selected titles towards the purchase of a new $60.00 game?[/QUOTE]

just get two 29.99 game and return it both for the game you want.

[quote name='coolrust']just get two 29.99 game and return it both for the game you want.[/QUOTE]

Would this work? I'll have to try to find some games to trade in if so :)

[quote name='coolrust']just get two 29.99 game and return it both for the game you want.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jaideam']Would this work? I'll have to try to find some games to trade in if so :)[/QUOTE]

Yes it will work. Here's the catch though, GS associates will sell you gutted "New" games if you didn't explicitly asked for sealed ones. The gutted ones can't be returned.

[quote name='salazarmark']Yes it will work. Here's the catch though, GS associates will sell you gutted "New" games if you didn't explicitly asked for sealed ones. The gutted ones can't be returned.[/QUOTE]

Of course they can be returned. Don't break the seal, they'll take them back

[quote name='salazarmark']Yes it will work. Here's the catch though, GS associates will sell you gutted "New" games if you didn't explicitly asked for sealed ones. The gutted ones can't be returned.[/QUOTE]

You can return the games as long as you don't take off the sticker they put on the gutted game to "seal" it.

Kinda makes me want to trade in GoW, then bring in L4D2 which I barely play these days and put it all toward JC2. When the DLC comes out for the L4D games later on, it won't cost too much to pick up a copy again.

Tried this deal out today.

I traded in Dirt 2 for $25.00 (original TIV: $12.75) + $1.22 (Edge 10%) and got $26.22 total.

Not too bad if you're looking for something new.

[quote name='Mitsune']Tried this deal out today.

I traded in Dirt 2 for $25.00 (original TIV: $12.75) + $1.22 (Edge 10%) and got $26.22 total.

Not too bad if you're looking for something new.[/QUOTE]
You didn't even get a game?

What about something like GOW III, that normally trades for $30 at gamestop. Does this deal mean I'm actually getting less for trading it in?

[quote name='jp0213']1) Find a game you have that is on the eligible list.
4) They ring up game from #2, and hit total. (assuming on this part, how it worked in the past)
5) The TIV on game from #1 bumps up to $25. It does not add an extra $25 to your base TIV.[/QUOTE]

Also, why is the deal called "Trade 2 Offer?"

[quote name='jp0213']1) Find a game you have that is on the eligible list.
5) The TIV on game from #1 bumps up to $25. It does not add an extra $25 to your base TIV.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The_Continental']What about something like GOW III, that normally trades for $30 at gamestop. Does this deal mean I'm actually getting less for trading it in?[/QUOTE]
It's down to $25 as of today.
[quote name='The_Continental']Also, why is the deal called "Trade 2 Offer?"[/QUOTE]
They copied from an old web form and didn't change the title.

Hrm, Darksiders, Bayonetta, and Borderlands all come out to $15 with this deal. Too bad I only have 2 possible trade ins. Unless my BBV has some super cool used deals. Off work in 10 minutes, ho!

[quote name='Velo214']This is probly like the past deals where you can trade stuff in and purchase new and then return for credit. This looks good for Tekken 6 rz $20 off deal for 25tiv especially if bestbuy drops the msrp by then. plus the b1g1used Mariosupersluggers deal thelegendofdtre posted.[/QUOTE]

thelegendofdtre?

I did this trade in before and the guy gave me an unsealed new copy of FFXIII the day it came out. I laughed and said no way. He said he would give me someone's reserved copy and I was like, yeah, a new version. poor reserved guy who got the opened copy, lol. I had to have that sealed copy tho cuz I returned it for cred the next day :)

[quote name='The_Continental']What about something like GOW III, that normally trades for $30 at gamestop. Does this deal mean I'm actually getting less for trading it in?[/QUOTE]

seems like it unless u can haggle

The promo wouldn't actually apply to a game that get's more than $25. It stays where it's at. That is what happened on a similar promo a few months back.

The offer says it lasts until 4/25. This is good because I just got L4D2 shipped to me from Gamestop in a condition that I don't really like from that sale a week or so back. Gamestop used is nothing like Gamefly used. I've been having buyer's remorse ever since. I'll just go trade in L4D2 and get Heavy Rain or Final Fantasy XIII. Problem solved. ;)

Btw, I always find it hilarious after asking for a sealed game when the gamestop employee offers to "re-seal" a gutted game for me. You mean putting that stupid piece of tape on it? No thank you....

a lil off topic, but i asked to trade a game of equal value sealed brand new, cuz i had another copy as a gift (LBP and GOTY) but they said "no receipt, no fair keep", bad rhyme, but i meant without a receipt they thought my new game was stolen and wouldnt trade it without...

i even said id take a used game $10 less, but nada....thank god for manhattan

I'm thinking about trading my Assassin's Creed 2 for Pokemon Soul Silver... Sound like a good trade? I already beat AC2 and $25 isn't bad for it

Sounds great. Thanks for your input. Appreciate it.

I think I'll trade my Batman: AA that I paid $60 w/$30 gift card at TRU at launch for LittleBigPlanet: GOTY edition. Assuming base TIV is $15 (like amazon) I would be out $3.49 in EDGE credit after my 10% EDGE bonus on the trade and will only have lost $5 on the game I'm gonna trade in that I've beat. Sounds like a good deal to me. Thanks OP!

i wish i could trade in ratchet and clank tools of destruction for god of war collection in that case. i wonder if i can use the 30% trade-in coupon + 10% edge + and this promotion to somehow get it. the ad is confusing honestly.

[quote name='bbchen']The offer says it lasts until 4/25. This is good because I just got L4D2 shipped to me from Gamestop in a condition that I don't really like from that sale a week or so back. Gamestop used is nothing like Gamefly used.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually in the same boat as you. When that L4D2 deal popped up, I couldn't pass. It was too good. But as soon as I even submitted the order, I was kind of mixed, but I still let it go through. I also got a completely shit copy. Ended up switching it out at the local store. Still, I'm not even sure why I bought it. I was not too thrilled with the first one and ended up giving up on that. The same will probably happen here, as well.

[quote name='chrislisting']a lil off topic, but i asked to trade a game of equal value sealed brand new, cuz i had another copy as a gift (LBP and GOTY) but they said "no receipt, no fair keep", bad rhyme, but i meant without a receipt they thought my new game was stolen and wouldnt trade it without...

i even said id take a used game $10 less, but nada....thank god for manhattan[/QUOTE]

I'm sure your counter offer to take $10 less made it seem even less like stolen merchandise.... :lol:

sometimes I want to cry when I see what great games people trade in for dirt during these promo's, make's me wish I would run into some of you outside the store with cash...sigh...GoW3 for $30 bucks, one can dream...

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']sometimes I want to cry when I see what great games people trade in for dirt during these promo's, make's me wish I would run into some of you outside the store with cash...sigh...GoW3 for $30 bucks, one can dream...[/QUOTE]

I have a hard time believing a CAG would trade GoW3 in for $30.

I traded in Blood Bowl and the TIV was bumped up from $8 to $25. I preorded Splinter Cell Conviction. Great deal!

Don't forget about the coupon for 30% extra TIV for PS3. A lot of these games on the list will give you over $30 credit, as opposed to this $25 off.

bread's done
Back