GameStop- Save $50 off a new or used PS3. Free game with purchase of New 360 or PS3.

TheAngryCAG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
From April 20th-26th GameStop will be offering $50 off NEW and USED(Slim only) PS3 systems.

You will also receive a free copy of either Mortal Kombat: Komoletr Edition or Batman: Arkham City with the purchase of a NEW PS3 or XBOX360.

Edit: GameStop will also be offering a 50% trade bonus on any preowned purchase from 4/20-4/29

Edit #2: Since so many people are asking, this has been confirmed to work on the 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle, bringing the price down to $249.99

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so between GS and Target I got 160gb PS3 + MK: Komplete+ Uncharted 3=$147.00

I hope my moms laptop breaks soon so I can use her 500GB HD!:bouncy:

[quote name='mars009']Yeah I asked him to check the trade price for the komplete edition, and he said it was $17.50 (25 if I did the .99 cent buy/trade deal). I guess he might have been confused, I'll double check that.

I haven't decided whether to buy or not, but I do have an ipod touch 8gb 3rd gen I could trade towards the purchase too.[/QUOTE]
I just noticed in the GS trade value thread that it was the Komplete edition listed with a TIV of $17-18 now. I think the way people were getting almost $30 for it was the 50% promo that activates once you buy a pre-owned game. After that and Power Up Rewards, you'd be getting $28 for MK Komplete.

I think that's how people were getting almost $30 for the game.

By the way, since there's no minimum price listed on the pre-owned purchase to get that 50% bonus promo, you could just buy a $.99 PS2 sports game and get the promo.;)

I bought a .49 cent PS2 game(Madden 04) and got 28.00 trade in credit exactly(MK Komplete).

Uncharted bundle cost me 100.00 after I also traded in old 250 gig PS3.

Today was a good day.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Okay, so between GS and Target I got 160gb PS3 + MK: Komplete+ Uncharted 3=$147.00

I hope my moms laptop breaks soon so I can use her 500GB HD!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Wow how did you manage that :applause: ?

[quote name='klimb22']I think this was confirmed since yesterday, but thanks for chiming in.

On question for you though. Would it be illegal for a GS employee to open the UC3 or InFamous 2 PS3 bundle to remove the game, give you the free MK or B:AC and let you trade the games in THEN let you pay for the PS3 using the credit you just got from the games to partially pay for the PS3?[/QUOTE]

I did that yesterday and the guy had no problem doing it for me. Worked out great for me!

Hey guys question.

Three weeks ago i bought a new PS3, at Best Buy when they had the "buy a PS3 get a free controller" deal. The extra controller is still unopened, however I have been playing the PS3.

Do you think Best Buy would pricematch this deal if I went in with my receipt and the unopened controller? Obviously I'd rather have the $50 and the copy of Batman: AC over the extra controller.

Thanks for the help!

[quote name='Goblinslayer']Hey guys question.

Three weeks ago i bought a new PS3, at Best Buy when they had the "buy a PS3 get a free controller" deal. The extra controller is still unopened, however I have been playing the PS3.

Do you think Best Buy would pricematch this deal if I went in with my receipt and the unopened controller? Obviously I'd rather have the $50 and the copy of Batman: AC over the extra controller.

Thanks for the help![/QUOTE]
Best Buy usually doesn't price match 'free' deals from other retailers, regardless of if it's in writing or not. It's YMMV, but it never hurts to try.

[quote name='mars009']Wow how did you manage that :applause: ?[/QUOTE]
*AHEM*

Well, what I did was THIS: I bought Arkham City @ BBY for $10. Flipped it @ GS for $27. Then I took an old nano and got $48 for it. So $75 so far. When the PS3 went on sale for $199 W/free Mortal Kombat, I used the credit which brought it down to $125 before taxes. Then I took 2 old games for the trade in ddeal currently at Target. Got a $20 coupon and used it on the Uncharted 3 on sale for $30. So $10 for Uncharted 3. So the total is $135 before taxes!:bouncy:

A friend got the UC3 bundle today. The first GS only had MK Komplete in stock so went to store #2 and swapped MK for Batman. The dumb thing is that store A "couldn't" swap the brand new MK for a used Batman.

For those that picked up a vanilla 160GB PS3, is the only seal on it the clear tape on top of the box? No stickers or anything on the bottom?

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']For those that picked up a vanilla 160GB PS3, is the only seal on it the clear tape on top of the box? No stickers or anything on the bottom?[/QUOTE]
Yup, just one seal on top

Traded in my fat 40gb and got $100 credit, traded UFC 2010 for 8 and GI Joe for 7 with the 50% bump when I bought a 49 cent ps2 game. Ended up walking out of the store with a 320gb PS3, Uncharted 3, and Mortal Kombat:Komplete for $151.XX. The employees didn't even know about the Mortal Kombat/Batman offer.

[quote name='walterdude']I've got enough points to get the $50 off any gamestop purchase... Is it possible to apply this on top of the $50 off that is already? When I go to gamestop's website it's saying that the PS3 has a full price drop and is $199.99. It doesn't say it as an offer.

so in theory.

$199.99 - $50 any gamestop purchase = $149.99 plus whatever else I find to toss in lol[/QUOTE]

Anybody verify using that PUR coupon yet? :applause:

[quote name='destro4eva']Anybody verify using that PUR coupon yet? :applause:[/QUOTE]

I used the $25 off ANY purchase coupon yesterday without any issues

[quote name='joseraul']Idon't know if it was mentioned or confirmed, but I was able to get MK for the 360 with my PS3. No override needed.
[/QUOTE]
I don't think GS cares what free game you take...as long as it's MK:KE or B:AC

Just got mine. Traded in Fat 80 gig PS3 for the new 160 gig. Cost me an extra 40 bucks but mine was old anyways. The store I was at were out of both MK and AC and the guys there made a call to get one shipped in a couple of days!

Just got a new Star Wars Kinect Bundle. and a free game.

Special Note: Their system is not set up to do the free game with the bundle, but if you just traded in 7 games, bought a used game, and rang up the system, you have a bit of leverage to get them to honor the deal for it. (mostly because it would be a huge pain the butt to undo all that, in addition to the fact that you spent $480 on a game system with them)

[quote name='Booj']Just got a new Star Wars Kinect Bundle. and a free game.

Special Note: Their system is not set up to do the free game with the bundle, but if you just traded in 7 games, bought a used game, and rang up the system, you have a bit of leverage to get them to honor the deal for it. (mostly because it would be a huge pain the butt to undo all that, in addition to the fact that you spent $480 on a game system with them)[/QUOTE]

Did you do the trade the same time you bought the system? If you did, that's probably why the system didnt ring up the free game (Batman/MK).

[quote name='sasukekun']Did you do the trade the same time you bought the system? If you did, that's probably why the system didnt ring up the free game (Batman/MK).[/QUOTE]

According to the cashier it was only programmed for the Kinect Bundle (250GB), the core system, and the elite.

[quote name='coolrust']does anyone know when this promotion ends?[/QUOTE]
OP stated the date! It helps to read the post with the title:lol:

[quote name='coolrust']does anyone know when this promotion ends?[/QUOTE]

You wouldnt want to read the FIRST line of the FIRST post...nah that'd be way too much work.

$200 is a great deal, never mind the game.

I'm not really in great need for a 2nd PS3 but I've always wanted one for my room. I'm convincing myself the retail value of a Dualshock and MK ($50) makes it so the PS3 is only about $100, so I'd be a fool not to go for it.

That being said I'd need to pick up an HDTV for my room since my 20" Tube here isn't going to cut it, maybe a good time to pick up a 2nd monitor too.

Hey, if anybody wants to do me a favor and submit the plain 320GB PS3 to Amazon for me for a price match, it would be greatly appreciated. i would like to have it by Saturday, so the latest i can order it by is about noon Friday with One Day Shipping. If it doesn't work, i think I'll bite at 275

Gamestop Link: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/consoles/playstation-3-320gb-system/87781

Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3...O6LU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1335420764&sr=8-3

You know how it works, just click the "Tell us about a lower price" link and submit the Gamestop URL and price.

So if you cut someone off or jerked off too many times and want to make up for it with a good deed, this is your chance. Much obliged

I know someone mentioned before that you can cash in PUR points and get another $50 off. How does that work? I've never used my PUR points before. I'm on the site and don't see any links on how to cash in points for coupons or anything.

I picked up a Uncharted bundle and a 360 copy of Batman. I asked the two clerks if I could get a 360 game for free and they both kind of looked at each other and said "I'm not sure. We only have Batman anyway." I told them that was the game I wanted because I have MK and Batman on PS3 already but wouldn't mind Batman on 360 as well. They rang it up and it worked.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I picked up a Uncharted bundle and a 360 copy of Batman. I asked the two clerks if I could get a 360 game for free and they both kind of looked at each other and said "I'm not sure. We only have Batman anyway." I told them that was the game I wanted because I have MK and Batman on PS3 already but wouldn't mind Batman on 360 as well. They rang it up and it worked.[/QUOTE]

I picked up an Uncharted bundle as well a little while ago with MK for the 360. I had to pretty much beg the clerk to scan it so he can see that it would let me take it for free.

[quote name='coolrust']so is it not confirmed if this will work on star wars bundle?[/QUOTE]

This deal applies to the Star Wars bundle. I took advantage of it last week.

Love for them to say 100 price drop at E3 since i didnt have time to buy one this week even with 200 gamestop credit i couldnt pull the trigger

Really good deal, especially if u don't have either game.

Semi related. A friend of a friend needed to get rid of their PS3 and offered to sell it to me for $100 (his offer, I wouldn't have lowballed that far) . So I got a 160gb slim with a 2nd dualshock and MW3 for $100. He's a good friend and vouches that it was one of his good friends and isn't stolen and its working great so I feel like I just got the deal of the century. Trading in MW3 for $36 to BB to sweeten the deal

I posted this in another thread but I picked up two PS3's this week and got stuck with two gutted "new" copies of MK Komplete (PS3) as they were out of new copies of Batman AC (new or new gutted).

I thought these were trading in for $20 at Gamestop (~ $30 after 50% bonus) but was told the TIV had dropped to a base of $13.

I can't find a TIV on Amazon or Best buy so I was wondering where would be the best place to get rid of my two copies.

[quote name='GBAstar']I posted this in another thread but I picked up two PS3's this week and got stuck with two gutted "new" copies of MK Komplete (PS3) as they were out of new copies of Batman AC (new or new gutted).

I thought these were trading in for $20 at Gamestop (~ $30 after 50% bonus) but was told the TIV had dropped to a base of $13.

I can't find a TIV on Amazon or Best buy so I was wondering where would be the best place to get rid of my two copies.[/QUOTE]

they gave you wrong info, i just traded mine for $18 base. they probably quoted you the regular mk.

[quote name='coolrust']they gave you wrong info, i just traded mine for $18 base. they probably quoted you the regular mk.[/QUOTE]

Same here, picked up my second uncharted bundle today since it was the last day.
Unfortunately, bb only has vanilla tiv and that's like $14 the last time I checked.

one of my local stores had a few last UC3 bundles left but had neither of the 2 free games for the PS3. They said they were substituting a pre-owned game and let me pick my choice of any pre-owned game as the free one. I ended up taking skyrim

[quote name='Violator']one of my local stores had a few last UC3 bundles left but had neither of the 2 free games for the PS3. They said they were substituting a pre-owned game and let me pick my choice of any pre-owned game as the free one. I ended up taking skyrim[/QUOTE]

That's even better. I honestly would have rather been able to pick my own game.
They just told me I could pick it up at a nearby Gamestop since they ran out of Mortal Kombat...which was what I wanted as a free game.

[quote name='Violator']one of my local stores had a few last UC3 bundles left but had neither of the 2 free games for the PS3. They said they were substituting a pre-owned game and let me pick my choice of any pre-owned game as the free one. I ended up taking skyrim[/QUOTE]

i would loved to picked up a system and picked up disgaea 4 for the free game

I hope there is a PRICE DROP AT E3

was going to pick one up thursday but something came up and forgot all about going back to grab one. O well really didnt need a 200 buck paper weight

bread's done
Back