GameStop- Save $50 off a new or used PS3. Free game with purchase of New 360 or PS3.

TheAngryCAG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
From April 20th-26th GameStop will be offering $50 off NEW and USED(Slim only) PS3 systems.

You will also receive a free copy of either Mortal Kombat: Komoletr Edition or Batman: Arkham City with the purchase of a NEW PS3 or XBOX360.

Edit: GameStop will also be offering a 50% trade bonus on any preowned purchase from 4/20-4/29

Edit #2: Since so many people are asking, this has been confirmed to work on the 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle, bringing the price down to $249.99

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in a couple games towards getting the ps3, got arkham city and picked up killzone 3 also which was basically free with getting the extra 50% in credit with the trade in. Ended up paying about $70 cash for a ps3 and 2 games.

[quote name='Agent Orange']

I only played Resistance 2 and wasn't a huge fan of it, lots of people say they prefer Resistance 1, but it's a 2006/2007 game so it probably has to feel dated by now.[/QUOTE]

You pretty much have to play both to get the impact of 2. The first still holds up well. I mean it's a FPS, not much has changed over the years. The story and how it's told make both worth playing through.

I had an 80gb fat PS3 that still worked but was starting to run hot and an old 20gb Xbox 360 pro that I don't use any more so i traded them in this morning and got $205 bucks in credit for the both of them! Walked out with a new 160gb slim PS3 and Mortal Kombat Komplete and still had 5 bucks left over!

I expected to get peanuts for the 2 consoles so this really made my day.

[quote name='schuerm26']It it isn't opened, you have 30 days to return it. Take it in there. They will do it. From the sounds of it though (you probably aren't telling everything), yours has been opened and then yes you are out of luck, just like you would be at any other store.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I opened the PS3. I was not trying to hide that fact. What through me for a loop is that he said even if it was not open, he could not return/rebuy. Any other store would let you return an open system. Gamestop is the only store that does not do this.

[quote name='RussellmaniaKW']I had an 80gb fat PS3 that still worked but was starting to run hot and an old 20gb Xbox 360 pro that I don't use any more so i traded them in this morning and got $205 bucks in credit for the both of them! Walked out with a new 160gb slim PS3 and Mortal Kombat Komplete and still had 5 bucks left over!

I expected to get peanuts for the 2 consoles so this really made my day.[/QUOTE]

This is the real plus of this deal....the $50 hardware bonus trade in credit on top of the free game and $50 price reduction on the PS3. This is an excellent idea for anyone looking to upgrade an older PS3. Sure there will be a price drop later this year and gift card promos in Nov/Dec, but this is probably one of the better deals for the near term, esp if you have a old system sitting around.

Folks should keep in mind that this deal is online too. My GS didn't have any PS3 160GB in stock, so I traded in an old system, got the credit on a gift card and then ordered online and redeemed the gift card online....Shipping was only $8 and I figure I saved at least that much in gas and time costs instead of checking other GS stores and I know I'll get a sealed PS3 and game as well.

[quote name='outkastx']I got in on that coupon stack last month and will be calling in to see if I can get an exception :)[/QUOTE]

I was able to go in and price match the new price with the Uncharted bundle I picked up 3/12. YMMV of course, helps that I know most of the employees at the store. He wasn't going for it because I received the Uncharted dual pack for free, but I said that I wasn't going to be greedy and ask for the free Batman/Mortal Kombat. So he went ahead and did it. :D

Edit:
For those keeping score, I traded in the 80gb fat PS3 and Uncharted for ~ $235 towards the $299 bundle ($0.17 tax due to more credit used). Credited back ~ $54 to the CC, so essentially it was $250 - $235 - $4 = $11 for the upgrade and Uncharted 2 & 3.

[quote name='slidecage']What is a better buy the systems or the bundles are the bundles really worth another 50 just for a game i would never play[/QUOTE]

Most buy the bundle because you get 320gb instead of 160gb. If you don't need a lot of space, you can go with the cheaper option.

[quote name='slidecage']What is a better buy the systems or the bundles are the bundles really worth another 50 just for a game i would never play[/QUOTE]

With the bundle you can offset the amount spent by reselling or trading in the included game.
The bundles are usually no more then the price of the system itself so you can think of the extra $50 is for doubling your hard drive.

[quote name='iduncurr']With the bundle you can offset the amount spent by reselling or trading in the included game.
The bundles are usually no more then the price of the system itself so you can think of the extra $50 is for doubling your hard drive.[/QUOTE]

is there any bundles you should watch out for and not get (older systems) i dont plan on taking it online so i cant update it online

if you could get 25 out of the game it be 25 bucks for a bigger hard drive but if i never plan on downloads i doubt i would ever need the 160 gb now

$50 more for twice the hard drive space and 2 games that still have a trade in value of about $30 each

or u can save $50 have only 160gb as oppose to 320GB and only 1 $30 game instead of 2

[quote name='exaznkid']$50 more for twice the hard drive space and 2 games that still have a trade in value of about $30 each

or u can save $50 have only 160gb as oppose to 320GB and only 1 $30 game instead of 2[/QUOTE]

maybe when i go pick on up tuesday i will ask them about the trade in vaules of the games. if i can get around 30 (or at least 25 out of one of the games) i will pick up a bundle

25 bucks more for a bigger hard drive but 50 nah...

would pick one up today but they said they are out of BOTH MK and Batman and are only selling the systems for 199.. they should have more games in tuesday

too bad they wouldnt allow you to pick any 60 buck game for free i grab digaea 4 :)

[quote name='Vector']Perhaps. Really though, if a price drop announcement is imminent this year (be it at E3 or somewhere else), just how much do you think it's going to be? Given Sony's current financial losses, certainly not more than the $50 off + free game GS is currently offering.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that maybe there's a new sku coming out for an updated hd on both systems. Maybe just clearing out old models to be replaced is my interpretation of this. Sony for one has always surprised us in a bad way. Remember when Sony had a BIG announcement a few years back? Everyone thought it was a PS3 price drop and then it was actually a PS/2 price drop? :roll:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/31/playstation-2-will-be-available-for-under-100/

[quote name='slidecage']maybe when i go pick on up tuesday i will ask them about the trade in vaules of the games. if i can get around 30 (or at least 25 out of one of the games) i will pick up a bundle

25 bucks more for a bigger hard drive but 50 nah...

would pick one up today but they said they are out of BOTH MK and Batman and are only selling the systems for 199.. they should have more games in tuesday

too bad they wouldnt allow you to pick any 60 buck game for free i grab digaea 4 :)[/QUOTE]

Try pricematching at BestBuy. I just brought my friend up to the mall so he could pick up the 160gb system + MK and we stopped at BestBuy to look at some movies before GameStop, and I was like, "You know, I'll just price match here so I don't have to deal with GameStop trying to sell us a gutted game or a possibly opened system." Had no problem matching, just opened the sale page on my droid and showed the guy, and price matched no questions asked.

As far the HD thing, I personally would go with the 160 and then upgrade the HD to a 1tb manually. $50 more for a measly 160gb extra space is nothing when you can get a compatible 1tb for only about $110 more.

[quote name='Kain']Try pricematching at BestBuy. I just brought my friend up to the mall so he could pick up the 160gb system + MK and we stopped at BestBuy to look at some movies before GameStop, and I was like, "You know, I'll just price match here so I don't have to deal with GameStop trying to sell us a gutted game or a possibly opened system." Had no problem matching, just opened the sale page on my droid and showed the guy, and price matched no questions asked.

As far the HD thing, I personally would go with the 160 and then upgrade the HD to a 1tb manually. $50 more for a measly 160gb extra space is nothing when you can get a compatible 1tb for only about $110 more.[/QUOTE]

i would think of best buy if i didnt have 195 gamestop credit just sitting around

100 from an old 360 i got for 50
and the rest is from the batman flips

Questers, fellow CAGS, can I put a laptop HDD in the PS3? I heard of it before, but not sure. Google isn't being my friend right now.

[quote name='Kain']Try pricematching at BestBuy. I just brought my friend up to the mall so he could pick up the 160gb system + MK and we stopped at BestBuy to look at some movies before GameStop, and I was like, "You know, I'll just price match here so I don't have to deal with GameStop trying to sell us a gutted game or a possibly opened system." Had no problem matching, just opened the sale page on my droid and showed the guy, and price matched no questions asked.

As far the HD thing, I personally would go with the 160 and then upgrade the HD to a 1tb manually. $50 more for a measly 160gb extra space is nothing when you can get a compatible 1tb for only about $110 more.[/QUOTE]

Mmm they do the price match but I assume that doesn't include the game does it?

[quote name='biggie2123']Damn, I just bought a PS3 3 weeks ago from Gamestop. I callled up Gamestop and they said they cannot do a return/rebuy if the system has been opened as their computer won't allow it. I asked what if it was not opened and still said they wouldn't do it. First and last time I buy a console from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

That's like buying a brand new car and then 3 weeks later the dealership drops the MSRP price for the same model $1,000. They won't let you return and rebuy the car so you can get the $1,000. Best Buy is the only store that may let you do this, not even Amazon does this. I recall one black friday at Best Buy where I bought 2 games 3 days before black friday... tried to do a return and rebuy on BF and no go.

Although I think the clerk was a dick because you should be able to return a sealed console / game if you have a receipt as long as it not something like 2 months later...

best buy policy clearly states they don't pm/price adjust black friday prices.
best buy, target, walmart, frys and others offer price adjustments within 30 days ofpurchase w/receipt. frys even gives you 10% extra back if a competitor sells something for less than you bought it at frys.

[quote name='oasisboy'] I recall one black friday at Best Buy where I bought 2 games 3 days before black friday... tried to do a return and rebuy on BF and no go.

Although I think the clerk was a dick because you should be able to return a sealed console / game if you have a receipt as long as it not something like 2 months later...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='oasisboy']That's like buying a brand new car and then 3 weeks later the dealership drops the MSRP price for the same model $1,000. They won't let you return and rebuy the car so you can get the $1,000. Best Buy is the only store that may let you do this, not even Amazon does this. I recall one black friday at Best Buy where I bought 2 games 3 days before black friday... tried to do a return and rebuy on BF and no go.

Although I think the clerk was a dick because you should be able to return a sealed console / game if you have a receipt as long as it not something like 2 months later...[/QUOTE]
I had no fucking idea PS3s lost value when you walked outta the store.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Questers, fellow CAGS, can I put a laptop HDD in the PS3? I heard of it before, but not sure. Google isn't being my friend right now.[/QUOTE]

I've done it before on an old BC PS3 but I haven't attempted on the new slim PS3.
When I put it in the PS3 it automatically reformatted the hard drive and worked.
Although I can't say what happened to it a year later cause I sold it though.

Does BB PM the free game deal along with the PS3?

[quote name='iduncurr']I've done it before on an old BC PS3 but I haven't attempted on the new slim PS3.
When I put it in the PS3 it automatically reformatted the hard drive and worked.

Does BB PM the free game deal along with the PS3?[/QUOTE]
Doubt it, unless you had experience on the casting couch.

They usually won't unless there's a specific price. I know walmart wants specific things when it comes to coupons. No buy one get one free.

nope. bb doesn't match free items, but like always, ymmv.

[quote name='iduncurr']I've done it before on an old BC PS3 but I haven't attempted on the new slim PS3.

Does BB PM the free game deal along with the PS3?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Linkgx1']Questers, fellow CAGS, can I put a laptop HDD in the PS3? I heard of it before, but not sure. Google isn't being my friend right now.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the PS3 only uses SATA Laptop drives.

[quote name='oasisboy']That's like buying a brand new car and then 3 weeks later the dealership drops the MSRP price for the same model $1,000. They won't let you return and rebuy the car so you can get the $1,000. Best Buy is the only store that may let you do this, not even Amazon does this. I recall one black friday at Best Buy where I bought 2 games 3 days before black friday... tried to do a return and rebuy on BF and no go.

Its price matching at best buy if the price drops within 30/45 days. And yea, youre supposed to be able to return a sealed copy of a game.

[quote name='Brutane']Just picked up an uncharted 320Gb bundle for $200.00 by trading in the UC3 and MK pretty sweet deal imo[/QUOTE]How did you get it for $200? Isn't it usually $300? Does the deal apply to that bundle. On the page from the OP, it only shows the 160 GB PS3. UC3 and MK trade in gave you $100?

On topic: Do you guys think I should bite on this deal or wait for a future price drop. Like my earlier post, I had a ps3 before and sold it saying I would never use it again. I now want to play Killzone 3, Infamous 2, and the Uncharted Series (only had a few games back then like Resistance 2 and MAG). I have an old Xbox 360. How much do you think I could get for that?

I also have some games to trade-in for the 360 so I would probably just do the 0.99 pre-owned game trick to get the 60% bonus trade-in credit. I said to myself that I would wait for the ps4 and I knew it was a long time off like end of 2013 or 2014. This deal seems really good. With games and old xbox, I am thinking I could get about $100. Then a ps3 and batman for about $100. I have some unused gift cards too so it would be around $50. I would probably pick up Killzone 3 and Infamous 2 so it would around $100 again.

You guys think I should do it?

[quote name='ChosenOne1']How did you get it for $200? Isn't it usually $300? Does the deal apply to that bundle. On the page from the OP, it only shows the 160 GB PS3. UC3 and MK trade in gave you $100?

On topic: Do you guys think I should bite on this deal or wait for a future price drop. Like my earlier post, I had a ps3 before and sold it saying I would never use it again. I now want to play Killzone 3, Infamous 2, and the Uncharted Series (only had a few games back then like Resistance 2 and MAG). I have an old Xbox 360. How much do you think I could get for that?

I also have some games to trade-in for the 360 so I would probably just do the 0.99 pre-owned game trick to get the 60% bonus trade-in credit. I said to myself that I would wait for the ps4 and I knew it was a long time off like end of 2013 or 2014. This deal seems really good. With games and old xbox, I am thinking I could get about $100. Then a ps3 and batman for about $100. I have some unused gift cards too so it would be around $50. I would probably pick up Killzone 3 and Infamous 2 so it would around $100 again.

You guys think I should do it?[/QUOTE]

omg u need a therapist lol.

to answer your questions:
the logic behind the guys mind on the 200 dollar ps3 320 uc bundle is that , the retail on it is 250, since u save 50 bucks from 299. then he traded in mk komplete which is the free game and uc which comes in the box for around 50-60 trade(he probably used the 50 percent and bought some cheapie preowned game). he technically still paid 250 and some change, 200 for a console and 50 for the games.

and to answer ur other mumbo jumbo, yes.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Trying to get my dad to buy my mom a 360 with kinect for the workout games and then ill snag mk gor myself (already got arkham city)[/QUOTE]

lol ur a horrible son/daughter to try and convince ur dad to tell your mom to lose weight through a video game just so u can get a copy of mk or batman....a divorce for a game..is it worth it? smh lol

[quote name='technicalstylez']orrrrr..you could just open it in your car in the parking lot and look normal lol.[/QUOTE]

but then you are out of sight of a gamestop employee where u cant prove something was missing, i really wouldnt past this shady company to be like no u took the game out or no u took the controller out. u cant prove it blah blah...i only shop there so i can take advantage of them.

FYI, the $50 off works on Uncharted 3 Bundle as well. So for $249.99 (Regular MSRP for 160GB PS3), you get the Uncharted 3 bundle (320GB + Uncharted 3), and MK Komplete or Batman:AC.

I've tested this and it does work (I work there). Should work on the Move bundle as well.

[quote name='iduncurr']Does BB PM the free game deal along with the PS3?[/QUOTE]

Yes, he got the PS3 for $199.99 and the free MK: Komplete. I just showed him the GameStop sale page, pointed out where it said $199.99 PS3 and Free MK, and they matched it no problems. I imagine it may be YMMV, but I never had problems doing any sort of matching at my store. I matched Target's Buy 2 Get 1 free there a couple weeks ago on nine games, no problems.

[quote name='Brutane']Just picked up an uncharted 320Gb bundle for $200.00 by trading in the UC3 and MK pretty sweet deal imo[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sasukekun']FYI, the $50 off works on Uncharted 3 Bundle as well. So for $249.99 (Regular MSRP for 160GB PS3), you get the Uncharted 3 bundle (320GB + Uncharted 3), and MK Komplete or Batman:AC.

I've tested this and it does work (I work there). Should work on the Move bundle as well.[/QUOTE]
I think this was confirmed since yesterday, but thanks for chiming in.

On question for you though. Would it be illegal for a GS employee to open the UC3 or InFamous 2 PS3 bundle to remove the game, give you the free MK or B:AC and let you trade the games in THEN let you pay for the PS3 using the credit you just got from the games to partially pay for the PS3?

[quote name='paayter']omg u need a therapist lol.

to answer your questions:
the logic behind the guys mind on the 200 dollar ps3 320 uc bundle is that , the retail on it is 250, since u save 50 bucks from 299. then he traded in mk komplete which is the free game and uc which comes in the box for around 50-60 trade(he probably used the 50 percent and bought some cheapie preowned game). he technically still paid 250 and some change, 200 for a console and 50 for the games.

and to answer ur other mumbo jumbo, yes.[/QUOTE]
Haha, sorry I had a lot of questions.

Okay I did it. I traded MK back in, no problem. The guys their didn't say anything (except appreciating my consideration of not taking a sealed copy. But other than that, they had no problem with m trading it right back in. SO I got a 160GB PS3 for $170.

I've got enough points to get the $50 off any gamestop purchase... Is it possible to apply this on top of the $50 off that is already? When I go to gamestop's website it's saying that the PS3 has a full price drop and is $199.99. It doesn't say it as an offer.

so in theory.

$199.99 - $50 any gamestop purchase = $149.99 plus whatever else I find to toss in lol

[quote name='klimb22']I think this was confirmed since yesterday, but thanks for chiming in.

On question for you though. Would it be illegal for a GS employee to open the UC3 or InFamous 2 PS3 bundle to remove the game, give you the free MK or B:AC and let you trade the games in THEN let you pay for the PS3 using the credit you just got from the games to partially pay for the PS3?[/QUOTE]

Yes, cause you can't trade in games you havent purchased/received yet.
The likelihood of an employee even doing such a thing is....well none.

[quote name='Linkgx1']I had no fucking idea PS3s lost value when you walked outta the store.[/QUOTE]

They do if you open the seal.

[quote name='technicalstylez']
best buy, target, walmart, frys and others offer price adjustments within 30 days ofpurchase w/receipt. frys even gives you 10% extra back if a competitor sells something for less than you bought it at frys.[/QUOTE]

Not if the item is open (for Target and Wal-Mart, don't know about the others). Target is the bitchiest when it comes to returns so I know for a fact that if you want to return and rebuy an open game, well good look to you. You have better odds of getting struck by lightning than getting this to work.

[quote name='oasisboy']Not if the item is open (for Target and Wal-Mart, don't know about the others). Target is the bitchiest when it comes to returns so I know for a fact that if you want to return and rebuy an open game, well good look to you. You have better odds of getting struck by lightning than getting this to work.[/QUOTE]

True if we're talking returns, but he was talking about price adjustments. In which case all you need is the receipt.

I've got enough points to get the $50 off any gamestop purchase... Is it possible to apply this on top of the $50 off that is already? When I go to gamestop's website it's saying that the PS3 has a full price drop and is $199.99. It doesn't say it as an offer.

so in theory.

$199.99 - $50 any gamestop purchase = $149.99 plus whatever else I find to toss in lol

Dang I'm seriously thinking about this deal. My 60gb is still going strong (last semester in college I didn't take it with me so it got a nice long break, plus I only play in periods of two hours tops), but I think it would be nice to have a slim. I can still use the fatty for other stuff and the slim for gaming...decisions decisions

Yay, can finally post.

We got the 320GB Uncharted 3 bundle yesterday $249 along the with the free Batman AC game. Then we went next door to Target and got their last controller bundle that had Uncharted 1 & 2 on clearance for $41.98.

$292+tax = 320GB PS3, 2 controllers, Uncharted 1,2,3 and Batman AC.

Seems like a good day to buy a PS3 to me :D

[quote name='Obiwan456']Okay I did it. I traded MK back in, no problem. The guys their didn't say anything (except appreciating my consideration of not taking a sealed copy. But other than that, they had no problem with m trading it right back in. SO I got a 160GB PS3 for $170.[/QUOTE]

So MK has a trade-in value of $30? Damn.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You probably have the vanilla(non Komplete) edition, right? The tiv on that is probably much lower since it's an older version of the game.

This edition is the older version: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/mortal-kombat/78102

This is the one being given out free with the $199.99 PS3:
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/mortal-kombat-komplete-edition/98874[/QUOTE]

Yeah I asked him to check the trade price for the komplete edition, and he said it was $17.50 (25 if I did the .99 cent buy/trade deal). I guess he might have been confused, I'll double check that.

I haven't decided whether to buy or not, but I do have an ipod touch 8gb 3rd gen I could trade towards the purchase too.

So after going back and forth all weekend, I traded my 80GB Fat in for the Uncharted Bundle, went home all happy with the deal, hook up the new system, update the firmware, and now PSN is down so I cant activate my system or sign in to my account. The support hotline guy I called said its "spot maintenance" but the Playstation twitter account has tons of people complaining that the store and sign in is down. The only advise is to keep trying every hour it should be up "soon."

bread's done
Back