GameStop- Save $50 off a new or used PS3. Free game with purchase of New 360 or PS3.

TheAngryCAG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
From April 20th-26th GameStop will be offering $50 off NEW and USED(Slim only) PS3 systems.

You will also receive a free copy of either Mortal Kombat: Komoletr Edition or Batman: Arkham City with the purchase of a NEW PS3 or XBOX360.

Edit: GameStop will also be offering a 50% trade bonus on any preowned purchase from 4/20-4/29

Edit #2: Since so many people are asking, this has been confirmed to work on the 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle, bringing the price down to $249.99

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale

Last edited by a moderator:
To add to this thread I also heard that Harry potter 1-4 plays well on the PS3 because it has been patched (especially if you are just starting it because then the new patch will apply) but its very buggy on the Xbox 360 so don't get that version.

Just got back from GS. I got the UC3 bundle for $249.99, with MK:Komplete Edition sealed. Thanks OP.

[quote name='xsdeal']Just got back from GS. I got the UC3 bundle for $249.99, with MK:KE sealed. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
Nice I was wondering if the UC bundles can get the free game since its not listed on the website.

[quote name='xsdeal']Just got back from GS. I got the UC3 bundle for $249.99, with MK:KE sealed. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

^ Was that Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition or Kollector's Edition?

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Was that Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition or Kollector's Edition?[/QUOTE]

It was the Komplete Edition.

[quote name='xsdeal']Just got back from GS. I got the UC3 bundle for $249.99, with MK:Komplete Edition sealed. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Me Too!!! PS3 320Gb Uncharted Bundle with MK Komplete Edition!! Great Deal GS!!!

I just got back as well. Traded my old iphone in while i was at it. Got the last uncharted3 bundle with mortal combat. Took the movie and sound track from mk and traded that in while i was at the counter. Got 30 bucks for it and picked both prior uncharteds and heavy rain for a whopping 5 dollars more. Ended up spending 175 total.
Bewarned though. They didnt know about uc bundle being discounted and tried going full price.
Batman was trading in for a dollar less than mk to. With the trade bonus this week both at about 30.

If they ring up the UC3 bundle and MK Komplete does the price auto adjust in the system or do you have to tell them about the deal? Im planning on going up there in a bit to pick this deal up.

So this is one new consoles only? If so maybe I can trade in my old crappy 360 and get a ps3 (how much do they take for the white 360's? and does the +50% work on them too for this).

Also, maybe I'll trade in one of the games and pick up one I'd actually play.

[quote name='mith0s']So thread title says $50 off used PS3. Can't find that on the site, what would the price be?[/QUOTE]

Only about $10-$20 less for a used Slim at GS so just get a new one that has the 1-year warranty with Sony. Make sure you keep the receipt though (Sony requires a copy of it for any warranty work.)

[quote name='kit352']I just got back as well. Traded my old iphone in while i was at it. Got the last uncharted3 bundle with mortal combat. Took the movie and sound track from mk and traded that in while i was at the counter. Got 30 bucks for it and picked both prior uncharteds and heavy rain for a whopping 5 dollars more. Ended up spending 175 total.
Bewarned though. They didnt know about uc bundle being discounted and tried going full price.
Batman was trading in for a dollar less than mk to. With the trade bonus this week both at about 30.[/QUOTE]

So an update on my purchase. Even though i asked very clearly if this was a new unopened system and the manager assured me it was guess what happened. I get it home and slide the uncharted cover off and every seal is broken on the box. I open the box and nothing is wrapped up, its all just sitting there. Only thing unopened was the uncharted box. Took it back and they started giving me all sorts of grief. First they start saying thats how that system was packed, then it went to it was a demo unit but still new (just like there games) then it moved onto i did it. At that point the manager was in tears and the Dm had to be called. I ended up getting all my money back with a huge fight, cancelled my powerup card for good and they lost a life long customer.
Beware on these system. I have a strong suspicion they maybe refurb's. The 2 160g NEW systems they tried to give me were both previously opened as well.

while that is pretty sketchy, all could've been avoided if u had just removed the slipcover in store and checked the seals yourself while still there. if they don't want to let you check the seals, then you know for sure somethings wrong. sorry it didn't work out for you.

[quote name='kit352']So an update on my purchase. Even though i asked very clearly if this was a new unopened system and the manager assured me it was guess what happened. I get it home and slide the uncharted cover off and every seal is broken on the box. I open the box and nothing is wrapped up, its all just sitting there. Only thing unopened was the uncharted box. Took it back and they started giving me all sorts of grief. First they start saying thats how that system was packed, then it went to it was a demo unit but still new (just like there games) then it moved onto i did it. At that point the manager was in tears and the Dm had to be called. I ended up getting all my money back with a huge fight, cancelled my powerup card for good and they lost a life long customer.
Beware on these system. I have a strong suspicion they maybe refurb's. The 2 160g NEW systems they tried to give me were both previously opened as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kit352']So an update on my purchase. Even though i asked very clearly if this was a new unopened system and the manager assured me it was guess what happened. I get it home and slide the uncharted cover off and every seal is broken on the box. I open the box and nothing is wrapped up, its all just sitting there. Only thing unopened was the uncharted box. Took it back and they started giving me all sorts of grief. First they start saying thats how that system was packed, then it went to it was a demo unit but still new (just like there games) then it moved onto i did it. At that point the manager was in tears and the Dm had to be called. I ended up getting all my money back with a huge fight, cancelled my powerup card for good and they lost a life long customer.
Beware on these system. I have a strong suspicion they maybe refurb's. The 2 160g NEW systems they tried to give me were both previously opened as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']while that is pretty sketchy, all could've been avoided if u had just removed the slipcover in store and checked the seals yourself while still there. if they don't want to let you check the seals, then you know for sure somethings wrong. sorry it didn't work out for you.[/QUOTE]

I had something similar happen at Kmart with a KZ3 bundle. When I got it home i new it had been used before as there were fingerprints all over it and the game was opened. What was really messed up is it took like a half hour for them to be able to return it (not because they weren't willing, they were actually helpful) but because the system already showed that that particular serial number had been returned before, like 5 months prior to my purchase which means they just put it back on the floor for sale which is pretty awful if you ask me.

But in regard to checking seals before you leave the store... I'm pretty good about that but you can't expect the consumer to give every item a look over before leaving.

The slip cover was taped to the box. I should have checked but i stupidly believed them. I learned my lesson. Just like it took me a few times to realize some of the stoores have shrink wrap machines for their n-used games

[quote name='kit352']The slip cover was taped to the box. I should have checked but i stupidly believed them. I learned my lesson. Just like it took me a few times to realize some of the stoores have shrink wrap machines for their n-used games[/QUOTE]

You weren't stupid. You're the customer. You should have to have 0 hoops/tactics.

agreed, i didn't mean one should be a stickler for checking seals, however for something that costs several hundred dollars i'd say checking the seals should be a given, especially given gamestops reputation.

[quote name='GBAstar']
But in regard to checking seals before you leave the store... I'm pretty good about that but you can't expect the consumer to give every item a look over before leaving.[/QUOTE]

I'm honestly debating buying or not cause I have $90 GC and I can probably get about $100 more with a trade-in I was initially I was going to do at Best Buy but this seems like such a good deal.

$50 off plus a free game? I mean even if after E3 and the price drops to $199...I still miss out on the free game sooo...I probably should just bite on it.

I can even redeem a $10 off coupon from my power ups point too. (although I rather redeem the $10/$5 off pre-own game coupons)

[quote name='technicalstylez']agreed, i didn't mean one should be a stickler for checking seals, however for something that costs several hundred dollars i'd say checking the seals should be a given, especially given gamestops reputation.[/QUOTE]

I think it is more difficult with Sony though (PS3). I know that some of their bundles (KZ3, Black Ops) are just the standard 160GB packing with a Cardboard sleeve put over it. That means at one point that had to open the standard 160GB console to put in the game and whatever else they are bundling and the tape it back up and then put the sleeve over it and put tape on that too.

Furthermore I don't think they are as good as Microsoft when it comes to securing the items insdie the box. I've bought PS3's before that sounded like everything was rattling around and I was skeptical that it was all new but when I opened it everything was packaged correctly there were just too much room inside the box.

So I'm thinking about doing this now. Sacrificing a good chunk of my collection to clear up some room, and do this. Like someone else pointed out, even if it drops to $200 after E3, there's still a free game right now, so...

I got a new one. I was thinking used but don't want any problems in the long run. Surprised MK was the complete edition. For $136 total I think it was pretty darn good.

Damnit my GS isn't doing the 50% trade-in :(
I don't know why but I'm going to hit up a different one nearby and ask about it.
They have the uncharted bundle which is what I'm going to snag if this trade in goes through.

That's weird. A trade in deal advertised on the site should be good at all stores. Unless they don't knw about it....hmm, that's really weird.

[quote name='iduncurr']Damnit my GS isn't doing the 50% trade-in :(
I don't know why but I'm going to hit up a different one nearby and ask about it.
They have the uncharted bundle which is what I'm going to snag if this trade in goes through.[/QUOTE]

It's on their site so it's valid at all GS. Lazy managers not relaying info on new promotions to their employees.
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade-in

Beware the 50% fine print:

"Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of pre-owned product. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer."

The fine print always ruins it.:roll: So if I trade in towards a very low cost game and have credit left over, will I still have to buy something right there with that leftover credit?

[quote name='Gkage']Beware the 50% fine print:

"Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of pre-owned product. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer."

The fine print always ruins it.:roll: So if I trade in towards a very low cost game and have credit left over, will I still have to buy something right there with that leftover credit?[/QUOTE]
I would imagine you could just use it towards whatever preowned products then just exchange them for something else.

[quote name='kit352']I just got back as well. Traded my old iphone in while i was at it. Got the last uncharted3 bundle with mortal combat. Took the movie and sound track from mk and traded that in while i was at the counter. Got 30 bucks for it and picked both prior uncharteds and heavy rain for a whopping 5 dollars more. Ended up spending 175 total.
Batman was trading in for a dollar less than mk to. With the trade bonus this week both at about 30.[/QUOTE]

Wait, mk trades in for 30? That makes this deal even better.

[quote name='Gkage']Beware the 50% fine print:

The fine print always ruins it.:roll: So if I trade in towards a very low cost game and have credit left over, will I still have to buy something right there with that leftover credit?[/QUOTE]

the remaining credit balance can be put in your PUR card. You dont have to use up all the trade in amount. you can just buy $0.99 game and that will do. Im heading to my GS after work to do that myself. hehe!

[quote name='GBAstar']
But in regard to checking seals before you leave the store... I'm pretty good about that but you can't expect the consumer to give every item a look over before leaving.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='technicalstylez']agreed, i didn't mean one should be a stickler for checking seals, however for something that costs several hundred dollars i'd say checking the seals should be a given, especially given gamestops reputation.[/QUOTE]
Seals really don't guarantee anything either. I once bought two Xbox 360 Final Fantasy XIII Limited Edition bundles on clearance for ~$174 each at Target. Both boxes in good condition with orange seal intact. Put them up on CL and eBay as BNIB and also locked in on Amazon for $245 each in the event they didn't sell. Sold 1 on CL, but the other one sat for a few weeks. Amazon TIV stayed the same so I was able to extend the trade-in and finally decided to send it in. Opened the box and noticed 1 controller was missing, power supply did not fit (which suggests the guts had been swapped. Later research on processors, power supplies, etc would confirm this) and the 250GB HDD had been removed from the drive case. A real pro got to this one. I called the electronics dept at Target to explain/complain. The rep said just take it to CS for a refund and if they question anything just have them call him. Surprisingly they took it back no question asked. I was kind of nervous that they would be contacting me after inspection since I had paid with my RedCard and they could easily track me down, but nothing.

Don't know if it was luck or what, but just imagine if I had grabbed the "bad" box when meeting up with the CL buyer or sent it to someone on eBay.

[quote name='Interfeci']Wait, mk trades in for 30? That makes this deal even better.[/QUOTE]

Technically it was something like 19 bucks but with the 50% trade bonus it ends up being $28 and some change. Batman is slightly less. Plus you can rob the movie and the soundtrack from the MK box which is what i did and trade it in right there.

I think it's ridiculous that we have to open up products right there at the counter to make sure everything is kosher. I picked up Battlefield 3 a couple weeks back and when I got home, the online pass was missing. Had to drive 6 miles back to that GameStop, pray they believe me and exchange it for another copy. It was a sealed copy, so I guess I had EA to thank for that. So if we stand there and open up boxes at the counter, we look like paranoid nut jobs and if we don't open the box, we have to deal with a situation like this. I always feel nervous buying ANYTHING at GameStop.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']the remaining credit balance can be put in your PUR card. You dont have to use up all the trade in amount. you can just buy $0.99 game and that will do. Im heading to my GS after work to do that myself. hehe![/QUOTE]

Yea I was thinking that, but I wasn't sure since it said "full trade value must be used towards pre-owned product." I was interpreting it as we have to use that extra credit right there towards pre-owned products since they can't make sure we don't use it towards new games if we come back later/to a diff gamestop with the leftover credit. Maybe I'm just thinking too deeply on it, but I know companies like to word their ads very carefully:whistle2:k

[quote name='kit352']Technically it was something like 19 bucks but with the 50% trade bonus it ends up being $28 and some change. Batman is slightly less. Plus you can rob the movie and the soundtrack from the MK box which is what i did and trade it in right there.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I've got a copy of it and had traded my fat ps3 when the other promo was up, so this is pretty much a free upgrade for me.

[quote name='ijustw1n']6 weeks to E3. Never trust GameStop![/QUOTE]
Yeah, whenever something like this happens it's meant to preclude a price drop announcement (to capture early sales). The timing and HUGE drop is all too telling.

Just called my local gamestop and they have one Uncharted bundle in stock. Only thing is they said it's $299. What gives?

Wondering if the PS3 was a good deal. Already have a 360. Was thinking of getting a turtle Beach headset. I did want MK...so...maybe I should keep the PS3. Any good PS3 recommendations?

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's on their site so it's valid at all GS. Lazy managers not relaying info on new promotions to their employees.
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade-in[/QUOTE]

I went to another GS and told him about it (cause I did trade-in with the 50% bonus)
and he got angry at GS for not giving his shop a memo about the pre-owned game.
I returned the pre-owned game I used for the trade-in bonus (got a free case and soundtrack for Castlevania too wooo)

He almost tried to give me a vanilla version of MK but I was like I'm suppose to get the Komplete version. He checked and looked like he was about to pop a vein when he found out it was true.

I was about to say he should just give me a job so he wouldn't be out of the loop but he didn't seem like he was in the mood for jokes.

I feel kind of bad for the guy but whatever I picked up a Uncharted Bundle for $107.

[quote name='Obiwan456']I can confirm, those ads always say full trade amount must be used, but it is not reinforced at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Looks like I'm buying Rainbow Six Vegas for 1.99! lol Although, I am interested in buying Lost Odyssey as I heard it was pretty good. Hmmm choices:whistle2:k

[quote name='bige562']Just called my local gamestop and they have one Uncharted bundle in stock. Only thing is they said it's $299. What gives?[/QUOTE]

That's weird. I just got home from getting that exact same bundle. I walked in wanting only the 160GB one but the guy told me that the sale also applied to the Uncharted bundle as well so I caved and got that one instead for $248 (thanks to a gift card I had to cover tax) to replace my old fat.

Figured I'd just get it now instead of waiting for some mythical E3 announcement which even if it does occur, the price drop will more than likely be the current $199 GS wants for the 160GB right now anyway.

[quote name='Vector']Figured I'd just get it now instead of waiting for some mythical E3 announcement which even if it does occur, the price drop will more than likely be the current $199 GS wants for the 160GB right now anyway.[/QUOTE]

This right here makes more sense to me than I can handle. Darn it, I think this site is forcing me to buy a PS3.

[quote name='Vector']That's weird. I just got home from getting that exact same bundle. I walked in wanting only the 160GB one but the guy told me that the sale also applied to the Uncharted bundle as well so I caved and got that one instead for $248 (thanks to a gift card I had to cover tax) to replace my old fat.

Figured I'd just get it now instead of waiting for some mythical E3 announcement which even if it does occur, the price drop will more than likely be the current $199 GS wants for the 160GB right now anyway.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I guess it'll probably just ring up at $249. I'm with you on the whole mythical E3 thing. I had a chance to buy the 3DS a few months back when gamestop had them for $149 but I didn't thinking they would just drop in price soon. Oh well, I guess you can't win them all.

Got this deal no problem, but the guy gave me hell when I tried to trade in Mortal Kombat on the spot. I told him I wanted a used copy of the Jak & Daxter collection and he said they only had a new one. I told him I wanted to trade in MK for Uncharted 3 - Used (priced at $39.99) and then return that for GS credit and buy the new copy of the Jak Collection and he told me there was no way he was going to do that since I was abusing the system. The wonders of shopping at GameStop. I swear, the employees act like they're personally responsible for making sure the company gets the best deals.

The used systems are not $50 off just for your info...

Though the Uncharted bundle with Mortal Kombat is the best deal hands down.

So, I think I'm going to do this, but probably the 160 GB for $199. I just don;t know if I can get that extra $50 for the Uncharted bundle (if my store even has it), and even if I did, the larger hard drive is nice, but I won't touch Uncharted 3 until I've beaten 1 and 2.

But really, the one thing that swayed me. That made me almost sure. The one game that makes me think "I think I'm going to do this." That game is Back to the Future. Of how long I've suffered wanting so desperately to play that game. Ever since I first heard about it. I want to play it soooooo much. I don't even care if it sucks, the music and voice acting alone will be worth it.

bread's done
Back