GameStop- Save $50 off a new or used PS3. Free game with purchase of New 360 or PS3.

TheAngryCAG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
From April 20th-26th GameStop will be offering $50 off NEW and USED(Slim only) PS3 systems.

You will also receive a free copy of either Mortal Kombat: Komoletr Edition or Batman: Arkham City with the purchase of a NEW PS3 or XBOX360.

Edit: GameStop will also be offering a 50% trade bonus on any preowned purchase from 4/20-4/29

Edit #2: Since so many people are asking, this has been confirmed to work on the 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle, bringing the price down to $249.99

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Obiwan456']So, I think I'm going to do this, but probably the 160 GB for $199. I just don;t know if I can get that extra $50 for the Uncharted bundle (if my store even has it), and even if I did, the larger hard drive is nice, but I won't touch Uncharted 3 until I've beaten 1 and 2.

But really, the one thing that swayed me. That made me almost sure. The one game that makes me think "I think I'm going to do this." That game is Back to the Future. Of how long I've suffered wanting so desperately to play that game. Ever since I first heard about it. I want to play it soooooo much. I don't even care if it sucks, the music and voice acting alone will be worth it.[/QUOTE]

Well since your going to buy one now anyway, make sure to try PSN Titles, Fat Princess, Flower, and Journey. Then try Infamous 1, which i would recommend over Uncharted 1 every day of the week.

[quote name='Obiwan456']So, I think I'm going to do this, but probably the 160 GB for $199. I just don;t know if I can get that extra $50 for the Uncharted bundle (if my store even has it), and even if I did, the larger hard drive is nice, but I won't touch Uncharted 3 until I've beaten 1 and 2.

But really, the one thing that swayed me. That made me almost sure. The one game that makes me think "I think I'm going to do this." That game is Back to the Future. Of how long I've suffered wanting so desperately to play that game. Ever since I first heard about it. I want to play it soooooo much. I don't even care if it sucks, the music and voice acting alone will be worth it.[/QUOTE]

Oh. Well, you must! Live it up!!!! You deserve it!:) PS Home is fun, too!:D And, it's free!!!!!!:applause:

[quote name='mastaspy007']Got this deal no problem, but the guy gave me hell when I tried to trade in Mortal Kombat on the spot. I told him I wanted a used copy of the Jak & Daxter collection and he said they only had a new one. I told him I wanted to trade in MK for Uncharted 3 - Used (priced at $39.99) and then return that for GS credit and buy the new copy of the Jak Collection and he told me there was no way he was going to do that since I was abusing the system. The wonders of shopping at GameStop. I swear, the employees act like they're personally responsible for making sure the company gets the best deals.[/QUOTE]

Dude, it is not about the company getting the best deals, it is about the employee not doing transactions he is not allowed to. When I worked at GameStop it amazed the demands from customers that would have got me fired if I did what they wanted. It reminds me when people return stuff at Wal-Mart without a receipt and get demanding when they don't receive the amount they expected.

Well I play on buying Infamous 1, and Uncharted 1. I'm thinking at the next b2g1 I'll pick those 2 up with...uh...something.

But how is Resistance 1, Motorstorm 1, and BttF for first games? They're all cheap, and I can't afford anything too expensive. The system will wipe me out.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Well I play on buying Infamous 1, and Uncharted 1. I'm thinking at the next b2g1 I'll pick those 2 up with...uh...something.
[/QUOTE]
Try Valkyria Chronicles for a 3rd game.

[quote name='mastaspy007'] The wonders of shopping at GameStop. I swear, the employees act like they're personally responsible for making sure the company gets the best deals.[/QUOTE]

No, they are just afraid they'll get fired.

[quote name='spatenfloot']Try Valkyria Chronicles for a 3rd game.[/quote]

Sure, if my store has that, looks good. Heard great things about it.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Well I play on buying Infamous 1, and Uncharted 1. I'm thinking at the next b2g1 I'll pick those 2 up with...uh...something.

But how is Resistance 1, Motorstorm 1, and BttF for first games? They're all cheap, and I can't afford anything too expensive. The system will wipe me out.[/QUOTE]

It's good to go to YouTube and check out 'gameplay' videos to see if it'd be something that interests you. Also, GameStop has that 7 day return policy.

[quote name='oasisboy']Dude, it is not about the company getting the best deals, it is about the employee not doing transactions he is not allowed to. When I worked at GameStop it amazed the demands from customers that would have got me fired if I did what they wanted. It reminds me when people return stuff at Wal-Mart without a receipt and get demanding when they don't receive the amount they expected.[/QUOTE]

I see where you're coming from, but the guy had the nerve to tell me as I was walking out the door that if I hadn't told them what I was trying to do, it would have worked out just fine. At that point I kinda look at it as refusing proper service to a customer. I'm entitled to trade in a game if I accept how much they'll pay me for it. And I'm allowed to use that money to buy whatever game I want. If I decide that I don't like that game and return it, then I have a right to get my money back. Once I have my money back (on store credit too) I am allowed to use that to buy whatever else I want. I don't see where I was wrong here.

[quote name='mastaspy007']Got this deal no problem, but the guy gave me hell when I tried to trade in Mortal Kombat on the spot. I told him I wanted a used copy of the Jak & Daxter collection and he said they only had a new one. I told him I wanted to trade in MK for Uncharted 3 - Used (priced at $39.99) and then return that for GS credit and buy the new copy of the Jak Collection and he told me there was no way he was going to do that since I was abusing the system. The wonders of shopping at GameStop. I swear, the employees act like they're personally responsible for making sure the company gets the best deals.[/QUOTE]

Yes because getting somebody fired is ok as long as you get your game. smh.

really need to try to get to gamestop before this is over and the trade vaules fall..

i mean after trade in a ps3 for 170 is the best deal your going to get before thanksgiving

I was thinking about trading my 60GB, but it has been with me for so long that I just can't do it. I might jump and get a slim and use the old mate for BR nights and what not. Decisions...decisions. BTW can the trade of MK be used against the total for the PS3?

Last edited by a moderator:
the problem is you can't decide if you like a game or not and return it if you didn't even play it.

you could have just taken uncharted 3, played it over the weekend, and then returned it on monday no questions asked. by trying to flip it on the spot i don't blame him for denying you the transaction.
common sense> personal entitlement.

[quote name='mastaspy007']If I decide that I don't like that game and return it, then I have a right to get my money back. Once I have my money back (on store credit too) I am allowed to use that to buy whatever else I want. I don't see where I was wrong here.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mars009']I was thinking about trading my 60GB, but it has been with me for so long that I just can't do it. I might jump and get a slim and use the old mate for BR nights and what not. Decisions...decisions. BTW can the trade of MK be used against the total for the PS3?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat... so basicallly if we (me and you) tried to trade in our 60GB PS3 they would give us the (guessed due to thread) value of $60 + $50 bonus on hardware right now?

[quote name='technicalstylez']the problem is you can't decide if you like a game or not and return it if you didn't even play it.

you could have just taken uncharted 3, played it over the weekend, and then returned it on monday no questions asked. by trying to flip it on the spot i don't blame him for denying you the transaction.
common sense> personal entitlement.[/QUOTE]

I suppose you're right. I was just hoping to avoid 2 trips to GameStop and I really wanted the Jak Collection for the weekend. Uncharted 3 is def on my list, but I wanna play the first 2 before I get to that one.

dang where were you when they had the $175 ps3 trade in pur coupon? on the first day it stacked with another promo and gave people $200.
i dumped my launch 60gb then because it'd been acting funny and replaced it with a 320gb uncharted bundle.

[quote name='jmarano7836']I'm in the same boat... so basicallly if we (me and you) tried to trade in our 60GB PS3 they would give us the (guessed due to thread) value of $60 + $50 bonus on hardware right now?[/QUOTE]

yeah, sometimes you just have to learn to let things go. what you could've also done is have them look up a used Jak collection at another store and simply exchanged uncharted 3 at said store. maybe next time.

[quote name='mastaspy007']I suppose you're right. I was just hoping to avoid 2 trips to GameStop and I really wanted the Jak Collection for the weekend. Uncharted 3 is def on my list, but I wanna play the first 2 before I get to that one.[/QUOTE]

But how is Resistance 1, Motorstorm 1, and BttF for first games? They're all cheap, and I can't afford anything too expensive. The system will wipe me out.[/QUOTE]

-Uncharted 2 was a HUGE improvement over Uncharted 1 in pretty much every way, and really Uncharted 2 GOTY edition can be had for pretty cheap now. Might as well get that one if you can only afford 1. You can always go back to the first game later.
-I believe Pacific Rift was the best Motorstorm game, Apocalypse is crazy as well (racing game where the "track" is basically jumping across rooftops of skyscrapers, and sometimes THROUGH skyscrapers and collapsing buildings, etc).

I only played Resistance 2 and wasn't a huge fan of it, lots of people say they prefer Resistance 1, but it's a 2006/2007 game so it probably has to feel dated by now. I prefer the Killzone games on Ps3 over Resistance. SOCOM 4 wasn't as bad as people say either, at least if you are just looking for a shooter and don't care that it is "dumbed down" Call of Duty style. If by BttF you mean Back to the Future, I believe that is one of those "Point and Click" games by Telltale games. I played through 5 epidosodes from the "Sam and Max" series and though it was OK, but only because I got it through PSN+. Not sure i would have considered buying it - maybe for $5-10 at most.

Some other recommendations (mostly affordable games, so will be good deals if they are part of B2G1 deals) - Metal Gear Solid 4 (plus the HD collection if you want to play those first), Little Big Planet GOTY Edition, Little Big 2 Planet Special Edition, Yakuza 3 or 4, Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0, Journey (download only), Demon's Souls, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Vanquish...

[quote name='Linkgx1']you cags and your lack of moral compass.[/QUOTE]

Well it's not like Gamestop employees are saints\\:D/

[quote name='Gkage']Well it's not like Gamestop employees are saints\\:D/[/QUOTE]
they are when you give them a raise.\\:D/

[quote name='Linkgx1']they are when you give them a raise.\\:D/[/QUOTE]

I thought that would just make them devils with a raise..(badoom boom psssch)\\:D/

[quote name='bige562']Just called my local gamestop and they have one Uncharted bundle in stock. Only thing is they said it's $299. What gives?[/QUOTE]

This is another GS promo that only shows up when the employee is in the register screen. If they're just looking at inventory, the promo doesn't show up.

Went to Gamestop at like 9:30 PM before they closed to pick up Uncharted PS3 bundle and MK Komplete. They had signs up for the deal. Walked out with the bundle and game for 267 after tax.

To answer some of the questions that have arisen...

NEW 360's get free Arkham City or MK ultimate edition
NEW ps3's (including bundles) are $50 off with free Arkham City or MK ultimate
free games must be on same console purchased, free games are new games
new systems are not opened
the games may be traded in towards the purchase

[quote name='Agent Orange']-Uncharted 2 was a HUGE improvement over Uncharted 1 in pretty much every way, and really Uncharted 2 GOTY edition can be had for pretty cheap now. Might as well get that one if you can only afford 1. You can always go back to the first game later.
-I believe Pacific Rift was the best Motorstorm game, Apocalypse is crazy as well (racing game where the "track" is basically jumping across rooftops of skyscrapers, and sometimes THROUGH skyscrapers and collapsing buildings, etc).

I only played Resistance 2 and wasn't a huge fan of it, lots of people say they prefer Resistance 1, but it's a 2006/2007 game so it probably has to feel dated by now. I prefer the Killzone games on Ps3 over Resistance. SOCOM 4 wasn't as bad as people say either, at least if you are just looking for a shooter and don't care that it is "dumbed down" Call of Duty style. If by BttF you mean Back to the Future, I believe that is one of those "Point and Click" games by Telltale games. I played through 5 epidosodes from the "Sam and Max" series and though it was OK, but only because I got it through PSN+. Not sure i would have considered buying it - maybe for $5-10 at most.

Some other recommendations (mostly affordable games, so will be good deals if they are part of B2G1 deals) - Metal Gear Solid 4 (plus the HD collection if you want to play those first), Little Big Planet GOTY Edition, Little Big 2 Planet Special Edition, Yakuza 3 or 4, Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0, Journey (download only), Demon's Souls, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Vanquish...[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for this! I like to play through games in the order they came out, just a personal preference (seeing how the gameplay improved, knowing the story, etc...), so I'll still play Uncharted 1 first. Plus right now, as far as I can tell, all I can afford are a couple games under ten dollars, hence Resistance 1 and Motorstorm 1. And I know BttF is point and click, but I don't care. As I said, I wouldn't care if that game sucked, I'm a huge BttF fan and realllllllllly want to play it if only for the voice acting, music, and story.

Thanks for that big list of recommendations. I'll look into all of those. Whenever the next b2g1 is, if I have enough money by then I'll be buying up on titles like those.

Thanks again!

I just bought a new Xbox 360 from Gamestop two weeks ago. Has anyone had success in having Gamestop do a price adjustment? I would like to take my receipt in to get the free game since I purchased the console recently.

[quote name='Linkgx1']you cags and your lack of moral compass.[/QUOTE]

I've learned a very long time ago that in order to live in this world, you need to go outside, shatter your moral compass on the concrete, pile it up, take a hammer to it, pile it up again, and set it on fire, then douse the fire.

Hm, just like my crappy cell phone.

Could somebody psot a picture of a true Sony-sealed new console? Or Microsoft console? I'm not exactly sure what the seal looks like and I don't want to risk buying a resealed one.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']I've learned a very long time ago that in order to live in this world, you need to go outside, shatter your moral compass on the concrete, pile it up, take a hammer to it, pile it up again, and set it on fire, then douse the fire.

Hm, just like my crappy cell phone.[/QUOTE]

Might be sad, but I totally agree

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Could somebody psot a picture of a true Sony-sealed new console? Or Microsoft console? I'm not exactly sure what the seal looks like and I don't want to risk buying a resealed one.[/QUOTE]

This is a bundled version. There are 2 big pieces of tape that hold on the slip cover on the bottom sides.

The actual seal on the console is in the 2nd pic.

img20120421014030.jpg

img20120421014052.jpg

Hmm, thinking about getting a PS3 again. Sold mine about 3 years ago. Have 2 xboxes at the moment. Could sell the xbox 360 for about $40-$50 (anyone confirm a price for a white original xbox 360), then get the extra $50 associated with trading in a ps3 or xbox 360 and have the price of a new ps3 and batman arkham city be about $100.

Yeah, I made the mistake of playing Gears of War 2, THEN 1. AWFUL EXPERIENCE. Epic is one of those rare companies where the next game is exceedingly better than the last one (Naughty Dog too). Playing the game backwards like that is like having a gorumet meal then eating a McDonalds.

orrrrr..you could just open it in your car in the parking lot and look normal lol.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']I think it's ridiculous that we have to open up products right there at the counter to make sure everything is kosher. I picked up Battlefield 3 a couple weeks back and when I got home, the online pass was missing. Had to drive 6 miles back to that GameStop, pray they believe me and exchange it for another copy. It was a sealed copy, so I guess I had EA to thank for that. So if we stand there and open up boxes at the counter, we look like paranoid nut jobs and if we don't open the box, we have to deal with a situation like this. I always feel nervous buying ANYTHING at GameStop.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Obiwan456']Wow, thanks for this! I like to play through games in the order they came out, just a personal preference (seeing how the gameplay improved, knowing the story, etc...), so I'll still play Uncharted 1 first. Plus right now, as far as I can tell, all I can afford are a couple games under ten dollars, hence Resistance 1 and Motorstorm 1. And I know BttF is point and click, but I don't care. As I said, I wouldn't care if that game sucked, I'm a huge BttF fan and realllllllllly want to play it if only for the voice acting, music, and story.

Thanks for that big list of recommendations. I'll look into all of those. Whenever the next b2g1 is, if I have enough money by then I'll be buying up on titles like those.

Thanks again![/QUOTE]
Technically if you could scrape up another $30-42 plus tax you could get BOTH Uncharted games AND a spare blue controller for your new PS3 from Gamestop if you went to Target and looked for the Uncharted 1/2 game bundle that comes with a blue Dual Shock 3.

They're on clearance there for as low as $29.98. I snagged a bunch of them and was trying to get them into the hands of other CAG's before month's end(when I'm gonna have to return them cuz I paid for em on my cc and I don't have the extra cash to pay that bill off right now:cry:). But unfortunately everybody on here only uses Paypal or Amazon payments or wants to do 'trades' and personally I need every dime of the amount I was asking for em($45 shipped each).:whistle2:#

Damn, I just bought a PS3 3 weeks ago from Gamestop. I callled up Gamestop and they said they cannot do a return/rebuy if the system has been opened as their computer won't allow it. I asked what if it was not opened and still said they wouldn't do it. First and last time I buy a console from Gamestop.

damn this deal is tempting! I already have 3 ps3's *fat 60, Slim 160, slim 320* and i wanted that mk komplete and uncharted after i had traded them in a couple weeks ago. I have 130 in cred, decisions decisions.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Technically if you could scrape up another $30-42 plus tax you could get BOTH Uncharted games AND a spare blue controller for your new PS3 from Gamestop if you went to Target and looked for the Uncharted 1/2 game bundle that comes with a blue Dual Shock 3.

They're on clearance there for as low as $29.98. I snagged a bunch of them and was trying to get them into the hands of other CAG's before month's end(when I'm gonna have to return them cuz I paid for em on my cc and I don't have the extra cash to pay that bill off right now:cry:). But unfortunately everybody on here only uses Paypal or Amazon payments or wants to do 'trades' and personally I need every dime of the amount I was asking for em($45 shipped each).:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Do you mind if I quote this? I'm trying to fall asleep at the moment. Thanks, bud.

[quote name='dino88']Do you mind if I quote this? I'm trying to fall asleep at the moment. Thanks, bud.[/QUOTE]:rofl: That was great. :lol:

[quote name='biggie2123']Damn, I just bought a PS3 3 weeks ago from Gamestop. I callled up Gamestop and they said they cannot do a return/rebuy if the system has been opened as their computer won't allow it. I asked what if it was not opened and still said they wouldn't do it. First and last time I buy a console from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like your gamestop sucks... mine is so desperate for business he'll (store manager himself) will price match almost anything, and if it hasn't been opened with the 30 days just bring it back for cash money. Id suggest to you just to take it down there if its still sealed. If its not then tough luck.

[quote name='biggie2123']Damn, I just bought a PS3 3 weeks ago from Gamestop. I callled up Gamestop and they said they cannot do a return/rebuy if the system has been opened as their computer won't allow it. I asked what if it was not opened and still said they wouldn't do it. First and last time I buy a console from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

It it isn't opened, you have 30 days to return it. Take it in there. They will do it. From the sounds of it though (you probably aren't telling everything), yours has been opened and then yes you are out of luck, just like you would be at any other store.

[quote name='schuerm26']It it isn't opened, you have 30 days to return it. Take it in there. They will do it. From the sounds of it though (you probably aren't telling everything), yours has been opened and then yes you are out of luck, just like you would be at any other store.[/QUOTE]

What? You can return opened consoles to pretty much any other store.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']...there has to be some kind of ps3 price drop coming up or sony is up to something![/QUOTE]
Very true, Gamestop always knows price drops ahead of time. When there is an actual deal at Gamestop, something is up!

[quote name='leopaw']Very true, Gamestop always knows price drops ahead of time. When there is an actual deal at Gamestop, something is up![/QUOTE]

Perhaps. Really though, if a price drop announcement is imminent this year (be it at E3 or somewhere else), just how much do you think it's going to be? Given Sony's current financial losses, certainly not more than the $50 off + free game GS is currently offering.

Great time for a deal. Had 600 in credit to burn (from BBY flips) and this was a perfect way to do it. Sold my 2nd Ps3 today at same cost. Nothing like finding a 1:1 way to turn credit into cash. Also got to upgrade my vanilla MK to komplete at no cost.

I ended up going to pick up the last Uncharted bundle my local Gamestop had. After trading in about 7 games including Uncharted 3 and Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition I got almost $150 in credit. And yes, I bought a used game for $1.99 to get the 50% trade in credit along with my regular 10% PUR additonal trade in credit. I ended up putting a little under $125 out of pocket for the Uncharted bundle and MK.

bread's done
Back