GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

skycat561

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
[preview] [IMG-R=5838]26965[/IMG-R]The GameStop Spring Sale features buy 2, get 1 free sales on PSP and DS games and accessories and discounts on games from all platforms.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop Spring Breaks Sale [/preview]

:3ds:
Ben 10: Galactic Racing 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 49.99

:ds:
LEGO Batman 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 14.99​
icongs_r1.gif
B2G1 on preowned DS games and accessories

:360:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Gears of War 3 29.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Hulk Hogan's Main Event 9.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning SD 39.99
Kung Fu High Impact 19.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twister Mania 9.99
Zumba Fitness Rush 39.99

:wii:
ABBA You Can Dance 19.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Go Vacation 14.99
Just Dance 29.99
Just Dance 2 29.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 19.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
Just Dance Summer Party 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Zumba Fitness 2 29.99

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twised Metal SD 49.99
White Knight Chronicles II 19.99

:psp: Vita
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $29.99
ModNation Racers $19.99
Unit 13 $29.99

:psp: PSP
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 $14.99
:psp: B2G1 on preowned PSP games and accessories

:pc:
Battlefield 3 39.99
Mass Effect SD 49.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Romeo']That's not easy at all. I've called six GS stores (within 25mi) of me and ALL stores gutted ALL copies of certain games on sale to put them in the sale bin. Or if a store only gets 1-2 copies of a game, they get gutted immediately.[/QUOTE]
I think it has to do with the local DM at our GS stores here. Every GameDays sale was the same fiasco as this. But if you go to the Viewmont store you might find a couple games that aren't gutted, since the manager there usually hates gutted games as much as we do.

[quote name='technicalstylez']good luck pm'ing since the 29.99 price is exclusive to pur members as shown in the ad. not trying to be a debbie downer, just saying ymmv.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaoPi']good luck price matching with the POWER UP REWARD MEMBERS only title!
[/QUOTE]

Well looks like I'm forced to do some flipping to get my MKKE, didn't know it was PUR only. Thanks for the heads up. Its hit or miss at my BB, still gonna try price match first.

[quote name='blindinglights']From what I understand, you can't get trophies in WKC 1 by playing the version included with the second game. Is that true?

Does the WKC appear in the trophy list after played in the second game but just remain at 0% or does it not even show up?[/QUOTE]

The WKC2 disc only has one trophy list. Both campaigns(WKC1+WKC2) share the WKC2 trophy list.

You guys think that this sale with the new games, the same games but used are going to be on sale too? 2 dollars less the usually, 17.99 used? If so, I def. use my 5 dollar coupon from Rewards on a used game plus 10 percent off and get it Assassin's Creed Rev for like 12 bucks or whatever.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']You guys think that this sale with the new games, the same games but used are going to be on sale too? 2 dollars less the usually, 17.99 used? If so, I def. use my 5 dollar coupon from Rewards on a used game plus 10 percent off and get it Assassin's Creed Rev for like 12 bucks or whatever.[/QUOTE]

somebody earlier in this thread said the manager at their store said used prices will not be dropping. obviously not 100% but don't get your hopes up.

Might finally jump on AC Revelations. Catherine for $30 new is probably the lowest I've seen it. Highly recommended

just a reminder to everyone, today is the last day that the 50% extra promo for trade in's is taking place.

so get those trade in's in for tomorrow!

[quote name='Magicman103']just a reminder to everyone, today is the last day that the 50% extra promo for trade in's is taking place.[/QUOTE]

ummm, no it isn't...

[quote name='aircobra']ummm, no it isn't...[/QUOTE]

Technically the promo lasts until the 1st, implying that you can still do that Sunday, which I am going to do.

I have two left over coupons for BB's FFXIII-2 and wanted one for myself and figured I would flip one for a small extra chunk of credit for the sale!

Okay, so apparently Steam released the complete ACR package for 59.99 with includes all 3 DLC.
And knowing Steam, they're going to put on sale probably sometime soon and it's likely to be half off at least.
Should I just wait for that? Or cop the vanilla edition for PS3 for 20 bucks?

The last 2 AC games I decided to go console instead when I could've easily gone with the digital deluxe editions and missed out on the extra content :[

[quote name='BrolyB593']Technically the promo lasts until the 1st, implying that you can still do that Sunday, which I am going to do.

I have two left over coupons for BB's FFXIII-2 and wanted one for myself and figured I would flip one for a small extra chunk of credit for the sale![/QUOTE]

oh whoops. misread the fine print. anyway still a good reminder.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']i remember not too long after valkyria chronicles came out they had it in the sales bin at gs that summer for about 19.99. i was thinking about picking it up, but i decided not to. it's strange sometimes how the prices will drop then pick back up again.[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah i remember that. I was hovering on whether or not to buy a copy, then ended up getting it the moment i saw it on sale.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Technically the promo lasts until the 1st, implying that you can still do that Sunday, which I am going to do.

I have two left over coupons for BB's FFXIII-2 and wanted one for myself and figured I would flip one for a small extra chunk of credit for the sale![/QUOTE]

dont FF only grab 16 what it cost in the store to buy at best buy after coupon so your making 8 bucks tops then figure in gas be lucky to make 5 bucks off it

[quote name='slidecage']dont FF only grab 16 what it cost in the store to buy at best buy after coupon so your making 8 bucks tops then figure in gas be lucky to make 5 bucks off it[/QUOTE]

But if you're out there anyway and you get 2 your making $16 for practically nothing. If you don't like flipping, fine. But I don't know why people think flippers give 2 shits about how others view our profit margins.

It is possible. But they've been out of stock of some of the games:)ps3:Catherine) for a while now.:cry: Otherwise I'd just wait and use my $10 promo code if they matched the price on that.

[quote name='KtMack23']But if you're out there anyway and you get 2 your making $16 for practically nothing. If you don't like flipping, fine. But I don't know why people think flippers give 2 shits about how others view our profit margins.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I have two coupons from the Batman AC flip and all of that. I have been wanting FF13-2 anyways and $15 is a great. I will be there picking up my own copy and will have an extra coupon so why not make a few bucks? Taking the extra 5 minutes to run into Gamestop and sell it will basically pay for half price of my personal copy of the game. With the 50% +10% I am looking at a $10 profit for really no work.

[quote name='WTFD4V1D']Do you guys know if there is a limit on buying Revelations? I wanted to get two copies.[/QUOTE]

as someone here once said "THis isnt the russian bread line, buy as many as you want"

[quote name='kayne2000']as someone here once said "THis isnt the russian bread line, buy as many as you want"[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but be careful comrade, Gamestop KGB might ban your PUR account. Two should be fine though

[quote name='dchrisd']Yeah, but be careful comrade, Gamestop KGB might ban your PUR account. Two should be fine though[/QUOTE]

gamestop banning??? must be copying best buy lol

[quote name='dchrisd']Yeah, but be careful comrade, Gamestop KGB might ban your PUR account. Two should be fine though[/QUOTE]

In Soviet Russia, you ban gamestop

Ban ? The only gamestop ban I know off is when iatcg got banned for abusing that legendary hdmi cord flip lmao

I got banned for trading in 2 of the same game with a store managers approval. Granted I got the ban overturned, but it can happen for much smaller offenses.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I got banned for trading in 2 of the same game with a store managers approval. Granted I got the ban overturned, but it can happen for much smaller offenses.[/QUOTE]

Seriously ? I've done that so many times that I can't even count but I've had no problems. Must be a manager by manager thing I guess as they are all differint

Must have just been a pissed off manager abusing his power, i'v done it quite a few times too.

Only things i know my gamestop ever refusing are HDMI cables (Though they took them without any problems for a while, not that i ever did it)

Is mortal kombat komplete worth picking up? I have the reg edition, but thinking about trading it in to bby for $24 after bonus/gcu, and wondering if its worth the $6 upgrade charge to just pick up the komplete edition with this sale. Haven't really played it much since the release and don't own any dlc.

[quote name='jdb230']Is mortal kombat komplete worth picking up? I have the reg edition, but thinking about trading it in to bby for $24 after bonus/gcu, and wondering if its worth the $6 upgrade charge to just pick up the komplete edition with this sale. Haven't really played it much since the release and don't own any dlc.[/QUOTE]

I'd say for 6$ yeah, 4 new characters and all the costumes.

Personally, i'd jump on the deal too if it werent for the fact i want the Vita version coming in in barely a month.

[quote name='jdb230']Is mortal kombat komplete worth picking up? I have the reg edition, but thinking about trading it in to bby for $24 after bonus/gcu, and wondering if its worth the $6 upgrade charge to just pick up the komplete edition with this sale. Haven't really played it much since the release and don't own any dlc.[/QUOTE]

If you do not want any of the DLC then there really is no reason to upgrade...

I feel like you answered your own question.

I personally would gladly upgrade for $6 but that is me.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Seriously ? I've done that so many times that I can't even count but I've had no problems. Must be a manager by manager thing I guess as they are all differint[/QUOTE]

Here is the basic run down. Went to Blockbuster. Bought two copies of Dirt 2 for PS3 and one for 360 (maybe it was 2 PS3 and 1 360). Went to a store to trade em in, and he said it was fine. Went in a week later they said I was banned and they couldn't sell me anything or let me do trade ins.

Called corporate, they got the DM to call me, after about an hour of arguing he finally removed the ban. But for about a year the store manager that remembered me would make my life miserable. Like I pre-ordered a game with one of the "trade in X game for X amount toward game Y" and he wrote on my receipt that I cannot cancel the pre-order. Granted I was able to get around that as well. But it left me really disliking my local Gamestops.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']Question, if the sale is tomorrow, why no ad released to the public, on the site, or at least emailed? Or they doing this tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

There are store ads, but we aren't supposed to put them on display until tomorrow.

[quote name='sasukekun']There are store ads, but we aren't supposed to put them on display until tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
how will customers know if they didn't go to the store or look at this website? I mean the emailing they do.

[quote name='redmangoose']Any chance of there being special editions of AC:R?[/QUOTE]

I hope cause I want the PS3 with Assassins creed 1 :D, isn't best buy having the same price?

You can try there unless you have gamestop credit

Hopefully the $10 coupon works for everyone

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Here is the basic run down. Went to Blockbuster. Bought two copies of Dirt 2 for PS3 and one for 360 (maybe it was 2 PS3 and 1 360). Went to a store to trade em in, and he said it was fine. Went in a week later they said I was banned and they couldn't sell me anything or let me do trade ins.

Called corporate, they got the DM to call me, after about an hour of arguing he finally removed the ban. But for about a year the store manager that remembered me would make my life miserable. Like I pre-ordered a game with one of the "trade in X game for X amount toward game Y" and he wrote on my receipt that I cannot cancel the pre-order. Granted I was able to get around that as well. But it left me really disliking my local Gamestops.[/QUOTE]
I too had the managers' permission when I was trading in massive quantities of HDMI cables and duplicates(thank you Best Buy free Gamer's Club coupons that made for free games;)). But personally I have a feeling the local DM just had it in for me.

He basically accused me of returning tons of pre-orders(I guess you're not allowed to change your mind EVER:roll:), 'gaming the system'(by wanting to trade in a PS3 AND a stack of games for two seperate promos on the same visit) and even accused me in a roundabout way of pulling the old switcheroo when they first released the Dual Shock 3's.

Mind ya, once I found out that cancelling pre-orders hurts the numbers of those you're cancelling with, I did use that info repeatedly on the d-bags working his home office store. I'd make like 3-4 pre-orders one week n come back when the one know-it-all ass kisser was working n cancel them all on him.:evil:
[quote name='theking20']I hope cause I want the PS3 with Assassins creed 1 :D, isn't best buy having the same price?[/QUOTE]
Word of warning: On the PS3 version of Revelations the copy of AC1 was a download or massive install file. It was 5-7gb's if I remember correctly from when my buddy did it from his copy.

The AC1 that comes with ACR is an install, but not a download. That should help people overall since it doesn't require you to download a huge file that will take hours and it's just a 10 min or so install.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The AC1 that comes with ACR is an install, but not a download. That should help people overall since it doesn't require you to download a huge file that will take hours and it's just a 10 min or so install.[/QUOTE]

Nice to know. Was thinking of picking up AC:Rev tomorrow.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Word of warning: On the PS3 version of Revelations the copy of AC1 was a download or massive install file. It was 5-7gb's if I remember correctly from when my buddy did it from his copy.[/QUOTE]

I was in a gamestop when the game first came out and a teenager was there trying to get a physical copy of the 1st game, thinking that was the deal, and the clerks had to call a manager who explained it was on the disc.

So I put a copy of MK:K on hold via their website this morning. Wonder if there's any chance of it being sealed and not gutted for the sale? Guess I'll find out tomorrow...

At these prices, Going to grab Batman: AC & AC: Revelations for PS3.
And pretty sure I got some PUR points where I can get a $10 off coupon for total purchase or I could use those points and get a COD: MW3 wallet!! (that's a joke).

[quote name='jupiterjones']So I put a copy of MK:K on hold via their website this morning. Wonder if there's any chance of it being sealed and not gutted for the sale? Guess I'll find out tomorrow...[/QUOTE]
When you put it on hold did it say low stock? If it did it's probably gutted.

Hmm, so best buy doesn't even have borderlands goty ps3 on their website at all. They would def pricematch that if they had it, and I don't know if they would.

[quote name='Iron Angel']Thoughts on Assassin's Creed Revelations at $20? Thinking I will finally get it.[/QUOTE]
Definitely worth $20. I bought it for $20 from Best Buy awhile ago and didn't regret the purchase.

bread's done
Back