GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

skycat561

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
[preview] [IMG-R=5838]26965[/IMG-R]The GameStop Spring Sale features buy 2, get 1 free sales on PSP and DS games and accessories and discounts on games from all platforms.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop Spring Breaks Sale [/preview]

:3ds:
Ben 10: Galactic Racing 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 49.99

:ds:
LEGO Batman 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 14.99​
icongs_r1.gif
B2G1 on preowned DS games and accessories

:360:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Gears of War 3 29.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Hulk Hogan's Main Event 9.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning SD 39.99
Kung Fu High Impact 19.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twister Mania 9.99
Zumba Fitness Rush 39.99

:wii:
ABBA You Can Dance 19.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Go Vacation 14.99
Just Dance 29.99
Just Dance 2 29.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 19.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
Just Dance Summer Party 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Zumba Fitness 2 29.99

:ps3:
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twised Metal SD 49.99
White Knight Chronicles II 19.99

:psp: Vita
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $29.99
ModNation Racers $19.99
Unit 13 $29.99

:psp: PSP
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 $14.99
:psp: B2G1 on preowned PSP games and accessories

:pc:
Battlefield 3 39.99
Mass Effect SD 49.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know if LA Noire is the complete edition, it says that in the picture but the price doesn't match the $10 off to make it $19.99, that would be the standard edition not complete.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']anyone know if LA Noire is the complete edition, it says that in the picture but the price doesn't match the $10 off to make it $19.99, that would be the standard edition not complete.[/QUOTE]

LA Noire Complete is $30 at most places, don't know why Gamestop.com has it at $40, so it's safe to say that it is the Complete Edition

I picked up Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning today, might as well have in on hand just to be safe. I will get the difference refunded this weekend.

hmm... Very tempted to snag WKC II for $20, but I think I might be able to find it at a lower price later.

[quote name='Twizz']I picked up Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning today, might as well have in on hand just to be safe. I will get the difference refunded this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop does not pricematch. It would have been better if you just waited until Sunday.

[quote name='bellenoire2005']Gamestop does not pricematch. It would have been better if you just waited until Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he intends to return and rebuy the item.. hopefully he didnt open it yet.

Yup, I asked today about getting a price adjustment on my three copies of ME3 PC that I bought on launch. He said they don't do that :whistle2:/

So, I guess since I only want to spend store credit, and because I bought the games with store credit, I'm gonna have to buy one copy for $50, then return to a different store and get my $60 back. Go to another store, and buy another $50 copy, and return to another store to get my $60 back. Stupid. I don't have enough store credit to cover two copies at first, so I have to do this BS.

[quote name='AoA']Reading your post made me angry. You, good sir, are filling me with GameStop rage! ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! I too have gotten in to fights with them. God forbid they EVER have an unopened case of whatever game I'm buying. Even when its on sale, they have ONE ONE!!!!!!!!!! game available and its OPENED and gutted.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck GameStop.

Please let me find someone else selling LA Noire for $20.

/[rant]

I'm still angry. Stupid GameStop.[/QUOTE]

An easy fix would be to just call your local store and ask if they have any sealed copies

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Maybe he intends to return and rebuy the item.. hopefully he didnt open it yet.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I will keep it sealed and go back with my receipt. I grabbed now to get a sealed copy and to not chance missing out on a copy.

Thanks for the concerns/heads up though.

[quote name='Kingmojo210']Yes most games will likely be 2$ off used priced i.e MW3 39.99 Used 37.99[/QUOTE]

I will have to say "no". Last year Mortal Kombat DC Universe was $10 NEW, but the USED copy was $17.99 on the shelf and the guy wouldn't sell it to me for $8. I specifically told him I'm not paying $8 more for a used copy that's dumb. He said sorry, the NEW copies were sent to stores to sell specifically for this sale. This is a sale not price drops, which the USED prices would reflect price drops.

I'm pretty sure only the listed games are on sale, and each store gets sent extra copies of each (sealed) but they gut a bunch to put on floor.

GS got their shipment of ads for next week's sale. Grabbed a few to plot out my price matching schemes if need be. GS manager said used prices will not be dropping along with their new counterparts. At least on the games I asked about (MK:KE, AC:R, etc). Like others have stated sometimes they do, like COD:MW3, COD:BO, etc.

[quote name='spug21']An easy fix would be to just call your local store and ask if they have any sealed copies[/QUOTE]

That's not easy at all. I've called six GS stores (within 25mi) of me and ALL stores gutted ALL copies of certain games on sale to put them in the sale bin. Or if a store only gets 1-2 copies of a game, they get gutted immediately.

[quote name='Romeo']That's not easy at all. I've called six GS stores (within 25mi) of me and ALL stores gutted ALL copies of certain games on sale to put them in the sale bin. Or if a store only gets 1-2 copies of a game, they get gutted immediately.[/QUOTE]
If you guys are only worried about buying "gutted" new games for return purposes (as opposed to being played by employees, etc) most of the GS stores in my area have switched to an "official" black, red and white GS sticker to cover opening. They stopped using the clear stickers as these were easy to remove/reapply and could be purchased anywhere.

This does nothing for the fact that it's still gutted, but they are less likely to question your return.

[quote name='klimb22']If you guys are only worried about buying "gutted" new games for return purposes (as opposed to being played by employees, etc) most of the GS stores in my area have switched to an "official" black, red and white GS sticker to cover opening. They stopped using the clear stickers as these were easy to remove/reapply and could be purchased anywhere.

This does nothing for the fact that it's still gutted, but they are less likely to question your return.[/QUOTE]

Morally I will not buy it if it's tampered with. Breaking the seal means it's used and I will not buy used games.

Someone else replied about employees checking out games, I know for a FACT that the gutted copies are checked out.

[quote name='Romeo']Morally I will not buy it if it's tampered with. Breaking the seal means it's used and I will not buy used games.

Someone else replied about employees checking out games, I know for a FACT that the gutted copies are checked out.[/QUOTE]

assuming what you say is true....how can they sell new copies of games that are played by employees legally speaking??? surely if this was the case someone would sue them by now????

i say "if" because its the internet and hating gamestop is the cool thing to when ive had almost no problem with them in the past 15 years besides gutted games which hasnt really bothered me all that much.

[quote name='kayne2000']assuming what you say is true....how can they sell new copies of games that are played by employees legally speaking??? surely if this was the case someone would sue them by now????

i say "if" because its the internet and hating gamestop is the cool thing to when ive had almost no problem with them in the past 15 years besides gutted games which hasnt really bothered me all that much.[/QUOTE]

There was a big debacle over this a few years ago, and because of that, for the past 3 years GS hasnt allowed their employees to borrow and play new games.

Also, morals has nothing to do with not buying used games sold as new. Like nothing at all. It'd have to do with morals, if say, Slave labor made the games. Opening games and selling them as new isn't a morral issue.

[quote name='KtMack23']There was a big debacle over this a few years ago, and because of that, for the past 3 years GS hasnt allowed their employees to borrow and play new games.

Also, morals has nothing to do with not buying used games sold as new. Like nothing at all. It'd have to do with morals, if say, Slave labor made the games. Opening games and selling them as new isn't a morral issue.[/QUOTE]

oh i didnt know about that debacle was legal action taken or something??

also yeah there is morals involved. if the game has been played that is dishonesty as in the above mentioned case. however to me it is new if it has just been moved to a plastic that one time. its still new provided the rest of the case and manual is in tact. im really not bothered by it. i can see how it might be a little deceiving to people and thus a moral issue

[quote name='keine']hmm... Very tempted to snag WKC II for $20, but I think I might be able to find it at a lower price later.[/QUOTE]

Took 3 years for Tales of Vesperia/Valkyria Chronicles to drop below $20 so good luck with that.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Took 3 years for Tales of Vesperia/Valkyria Chronicles to drop below $20 so good luck with that.[/QUOTE]

I can vouch for this fact... I was the stubborn one who waited for a drop on both.... hahaha

[quote name='skycat561']

:ps3:PS3
Catherine 29.99
White Knight Chronicles II 19.99
[/QUOTE]
My wish list. :)

Also, will there be a physical ad for PM'ing?

[quote name='Romeo']Morally I will not buy it if it's tampered with. Breaking the seal means it's used and I will not buy used games.

Someone else replied about employees checking out games, I know for a FACT that the gutted copies are checked out.[/QUOTE]

So every copy of every game that's gutted in every gamestop has been played?:roll:

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']
Also, will there be a physical ad for PM'ing?[/QUOTE]
The stores have it now. Picked up a few copies just for PM'ing purposes.

It's too bad that there arent more games in this sale that I want besides 2. I'm just going to snag ass creed and prey that the coupon stacks with hot shots. If it doesn't stack then I'm skipping that game for now

[quote name='strait edge follower']It's too bad that there arent more games in this sale that I want besides 2. I'm just going to snag ass creed and prey that the coupon stacks with hot shots. If it doesn't stack then I'm skipping that game for now[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hope the coupon stacks as well. Plan on getting all 3 of the Vita games that are part of the sale, but if the coupons doesn't work I'll just pick them up later.

I also forgot I have a $5 gift card for Target, so I'll have them Price match Gamestop's Ass Creed and get it for $15.

[quote name='kayne2000']oh i didnt know about that debacle was legal action taken or something??

also yeah there is morals involved. if the game has been played that is dishonesty as in the above mentioned case. however to me it is new if it has just been moved to a plastic that one time. its still new provided the rest of the case and manual is in tact. im really not bothered by it. i can see how it might be a little deceiving to people and thus a moral issue[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what legal action was taken, I just remember the story on Yahoo's front page.
Also, maybe selling games used as new shows your integrity. But whether or not you buy new "games" that may or may not have been used, (which is what he implied) has nothing to do with morals.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Took 3 years for Tales of Vesperia/Valkyria Chronicles to drop below $20 so good luck with that.[/QUOTE]

This. I can definitely vouch for WKC2 too, had been waiting on that game to dip below 30$ for the past 3 or so months lol. 20$ is the cheapest i have ever seen for a new copy

I can't believe it... I just finished Assassin's Creed 2 and loved it, so I want Revelations, but I can't find Brotherhood anywhere for under $20. Even used. Being a Ubi game over a year old, I figured it would be dirt cheap.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I can't believe it... I just finished Assassin's Creed 2 and loved it, so I want Revelations, but I can't find Brotherhood anywhere for under $20. Even used. Being a Ubi game over a year old, I figured it would be dirt cheap.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried Blockbuster Video? Was less there. Well, actually I'm sure most copys from there are at Best Buy now, so never mind..

[quote name='sgr76']Cmon B2G1... I need to move my credit to Best Buy[/QUOTE]

Just keep tabs on the BB Trade-In Thread too. Looks like BB might be limiting peeps to 1 Title Per Console Per Year trade-in now and there might be a 50 game total yearly limit for trades.

good luck pm'ing since the 29.99 price is exclusive to pur members as shown in the ad. not trying to be a debbie downer, just saying ymmv.

[quote name='Stimes']In for MKKE after a BB PM. FYI, LOL.[/QUOTE]

i talked to the gaming supervisor at my bestbuy and she said she would pricematch the pur deals because i have gcu and it's the same comparable paid membership deals. but ymmv tho.

[quote name='roymustang']is White Knight Chronicles II worth $19.99?[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt. I got it for 30 and was very happy. It's two games in one, you can play Part 1 first with the updated graphics and battle system, or go right into two.

A cliche story for single player, but it gets more interesting as you go along. The meat of the game is in Multiplayer though. It's like a free MMO. 6 Person online parties and 12 person towns.

Very fun for 20.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I can't believe it... I just finished Assassin's Creed 2 and loved it, so I want Revelations, but I can't find Brotherhood anywhere for under $20. Even used. Being a Ubi game over a year old, I figured it would be dirt cheap.[/QUOTE]

Gamefly is your best friend. I just got a copy for 12.99 lol. but that sale is over. it might lower again soon!

good luck price matching with the POWER UP REWARD MEMBERS only title!

attachment.php
http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1110268&d=1332979013
attachment.php

[quote name='roymustang']is White Knight Chronicles II worth $19.99?[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt. I got it for 30 and was very happy. It's two games in one, you can play Part 1 first with the updated graphics and battle system, or go right into two.

A cliche story for single player, but it gets more interesting as you go along. The meat of the game is in Multiplayer though. It's like a free MMO. 6 Person online parties and 12 person towns.

Very fun for 20.

[quote name='Romeo']That's not easy at all. I've called six GS stores (within 25mi) of me and ALL stores gutted ALL copies of certain games on sale to put them in the sale bin. Or if a store only gets 1-2 copies of a game, they get gutted immediately.[/QUOTE]
Hmm that's odd my instructions for the sale were different. Maybe im doing it wrong. Too bad you don't live in my area. I would gladly help you find a copy.

From what I understand, you can't get trophies in WKC 1 by playing the version included with the second game. Is that true?

Does the WKC appear in the trophy list after played in the second game but just remain at 0% or does it not even show up?

[quote name='dgwillia006']This. I can definitely vouch for WKC2 too, had been waiting on that game to dip below 30$ for the past 3 or so months lol. 20$ is the cheapest i have ever seen for a new copy[/QUOTE]

i remember not too long after valkyria chronicles came out they had it in the sales bin at gs that summer for about 19.99. i was thinking about picking it up, but i decided not to. it's strange sometimes how the prices will drop then pick back up again.

bread's done
Back