GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

skycat561

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
[preview] [IMG-R=5838]26965[/IMG-R]The GameStop Spring Sale features buy 2, get 1 free sales on PSP and DS games and accessories and discounts on games from all platforms.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop Spring Breaks Sale [/preview]

:3ds:
Ben 10: Galactic Racing 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 49.99

:ds:
LEGO Batman 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 14.99​
icongs_r1.gif
B2G1 on preowned DS games and accessories

:360:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Gears of War 3 29.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Hulk Hogan's Main Event 9.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning SD 39.99
Kung Fu High Impact 19.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twister Mania 9.99
Zumba Fitness Rush 39.99

:wii:
ABBA You Can Dance 19.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Go Vacation 14.99
Just Dance 29.99
Just Dance 2 29.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 19.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
Just Dance Summer Party 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Zumba Fitness 2 29.99

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twised Metal SD 49.99
White Knight Chronicles II 19.99

:psp: Vita
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $29.99
ModNation Racers $19.99
Unit 13 $29.99

:psp: PSP
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 $14.99
:psp: B2G1 on preowned PSP games and accessories

:pc:
Battlefield 3 39.99
Mass Effect SD 49.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
i still wish jill and shoma gorath (sp/tentacle eyeball dude) were included in the ultimate mvc3.
i totally missed the 1 week add on 50% off sale

i know best buy will price match these prices. or at least that's what i hope for on sunday.

[quote name='Velo214']i still wish jill and shoma gorath (sp/tentacle eyeball dude) were included in the ultimate mvc3.
i totally missed the 1 week add on 50% off sale

i know best buy will price match these prices. or at least that's what i hope for on sunday.[/QUOTE]

dang u should've told me u wanted those. wouldve gave u my code from the special edition for free.

[quote name='Tdog987']THinking about picking up Kingdom of Amular...def gonna get it eventually.

Not sure about the $40...hoping it will drop a little more before the summer.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping Gamestop has a print ad and Best Buy will price match for this game, I have $20 gift code from preordering ME3 - which would make it $20.

I'll happily pay $30 for it at BB this week if I have to, I'm burnt out on gun combat games and have been jonsing for another fantasy rpg. Dang it, I deserve a reward for maintaining a 4.0 after being out of school for 17 years! (My need for self justification is strong obviously...)

[quote name='Velo214']summer, how did you get that $20 for me3 preorder. im still waiting on it from bestbuy. real gift card or emailed egift card?[/QUOTE]

its an emailed gift card code

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I was going with the thought that this IS the Game Days sale.

I remembered it being Early April with the April showers to bring in the Spring. I could be completely wrong though.[/QUOTE]

Me too, seems like they usually do two big ones, one around my bday (early April) then one late summer.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']12 extra characters, not 8.[/QUOTE]

Wow, really? That makes it even BETTER! :lol:

I wanted to say 12, but I haven't plugged my copy in since SFxT, so I wasn't positive.

I noticed if (big IF) the vita coupon stacks, one can get MNR Road Trip for $10 (plus tax), and flip to amazon trade for $16 right now. Not a huge gain, but snag a few and it could garner a little change for future amazon purchases.

Mostly hoping for $20 unit 13...that is my sweet spot.

[quote name='mrwiseguy85']I noticed if (big IF) the vita coupon stacks, one can get MNR Road Trip for $10 (plus tax), and flip to amazon trade for $16 right now. Not a huge gain, but snag a few and it could garner a little change for future amazon purchases.

Mostly hoping for $20 unit 13...that is my sweet spot.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious...? If not you nailed it, you actually made me laugh out loud that you would consider buying multiples of a game, one at a time, flag yourself as a flipper at a local store, all in what..... to make maybe $12-18 after weeks from mailing in games to amazon...?!

Ahahahahahahahhaa. Wow I needed that laugh.

[quote name='Romeo']Are you serious...? If not you nailed it, you actually made me laugh out loud that you would consider buying multiples of a game, one at a time, flag yourself as a flipper at a local store, all in what..... to make maybe $12-18 after weeks from mailing in games to amazon...?!

Ahahahahahahahhaa. Wow I needed that laugh.[/QUOTE]

Its great if you just want to move credit. Alot of us got shit ton of gamestop credit Theese past few weeks and would like to move it to somewhere that we actually like to shop.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Hmm, so does Amazon usually price match these kinds of sales? Im thinking about what to do, Id rather buy from amazon.[/QUOTE]

I want to know this too since I would rather buy from amazon right now since I have credit.

[quote name='Romeo']Are you serious...? If not you nailed it, you actually made me laugh out loud that you would consider buying multiples of a game, one at a time, flag yourself as a flipper at a local store, all in what..... to make maybe $12-18 after weeks from mailing in games to amazon...?!

Ahahahahahahahhaa. Wow I needed that laugh.[/QUOTE]

Point taken. Honestly don't do this very often and thought it was a minor, albiet, helpful idea. I see your point, and I agree its a good way to move a little credit from gs to amazon as the poster mentioned, if nothing elese.

Ill be more sensible in the future about my "bright" ideas.

[quote name='mrwiseguy85']Point taken. Honestly don't do this very often and thought it was a minor, albiet, helpful idea. I see your point, and I agree its a good way to move a little credit from gs to amazon as the poster mentioned, if nothing elese.

Ill be more sensible in the future about my "bright" ideas.[/QUOTE]

It helped me out, don't let jerks who want to be dicks on the internet stop you from helping others.

[quote name='KtMack23']It helped me out, don't let jerks who want to be dicks on the internet stop you from helping others.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to be a jerk, only pointing out if that's your idea of making money, just a few dollars at a time for all of that trouble, it sounds a bit crazy.

I can see your point about having too much GS credit. Just hold onto it and wait to use it for other things or the next console. :)

Now if he said AMZ gives $20+ for $11 in retail (taxes), maybe that could be worthwhile to some. Keep in mind though technically this coupon is one per person and has to be rung up one at a time. Is that worth it to you to be labeled a flipper for pennies?

[quote name='Romeo']I'm not trying to be a jerk, only pointing out if that's your idea of making money, just a few dollars at a time for all of that trouble, it sounds a bit crazy.

I can see your point about having too much GS credit. Just hold onto it and wait to use it for other things or the next console. :)

Now if he said AMZ gives $20+ for $11 in retail (taxes), maybe that could be worthwhile to some. Keep in mind though technically this coupon is one per person and has to be rung up one at a time. Is that worth it to you to be labeled a flipper for pennies?[/QUOTE]Wait a minute. First you said a few dollars and now it's pennies? Are people only getting pennies when trading in games? Is that the new trend now?

[quote name='mattcube64']I bought three copies of Mass Effect on launch day for me and my friends, for $59.99.

Anybody know if I bring in my receipts if I can get a price adjustment? I would assume so, because I could always just do a "buy/return with old receipt", but I'd rather not deal with the hassle.[/QUOTE]

I work at GameStop, technically the rule is you can only return unopened new product within the first seven days. So there's about a 99% chance that this isn't going to work...the 1% that it might is if you know someone who would do it for you (but might get in trouble for it), or there's a random employee that doesn't know better.

[quote name='Romeo']I'm not trying to be a jerk, only pointing out if that's your idea of making money, just a few dollars at a time for all of that trouble, it sounds a bit crazy.

I can see your point about having too much GS credit. Just hold onto it and wait to use it for other things or the next console. :)[/QUOTE]

Well, I work my 40 hour work week for income, but it never hurts to save a little here and there. Its like trading in 7 old PS2 games to get maybe $10 credit: it won't cover your gaming expenses for life but its a little effort for a little savings. Little savings overtime accumulate to large savings. But you're right, that is not my idea of making money, just saving a buck here and there.

[quote name='alihoopz43']I work at GameStop, technically the rule is you can only return unopened new product within the first seven days. So there's about a 99% chance that this isn't going to work...the 1% that it might is if you know someone who would do it for you (but might get in trouble for it), or there's a random employee that doesn't know better.[/QUOTE]

Is this something new? Just last month I read the back of the receipt and it said u can return any new software within 30 days.

[quote name='advanced']UMVC3 is better due to the 8 extra characters, and changes made to existing characters over MVC3. The Heroes/Heralds mode is better then the Shadow Battle mode (and free too).

You can buy MVC3, I won't stop you, but UMVC3 is a better game due to those few simple things.[/QUOTE]

I guess I can wait for UMVC3 to drop, thanks for the response. In the meantime I'll pick up MK:Komplete during this sale.

Haven't seen it ask but perhaps it has.

Will the used prices reflect these temporary price drops?

I would be tempted to upgrade to Pro for the b2g1 coupon if that were the case!

[quote name='alihoopz43']I work at GameStop, technically the rule is you can only return unopened new product within the first seven days. So there's about a 99% chance that this isn't going to work...the 1% that it might is if you know someone who would do it for you (but might get in trouble for it), or there's a random employee that doesn't know better.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='cheapbastard']Is this something new? Just last month I read the back of the receipt and it said u can return any new software within 30 days.[/QUOTE]
I don't think he knows is own employer's policies.

[quote name='rey6eric']I guess I can wait for UMVC3 to drop, thanks for the response. In the meantime I'll pick up MK:Komplete during this sale.[/QUOTE]

Definitely do that. MK is a great game. I bought it on a whim shortly after release (I rolled into some money that I didn't plan on getting, so I splurged) and am happy I bought it when I did. Got the DLC later on for it too.

Edit: Anybody know if stores will be getting in more stock for this sale? My local stores don't have Lego Harry Potter 1-4 for the 360 and my girlfriend wants me to get it.
Edit 2: Probably wouldn't kill me if I just bought a used copy for a buck or so more after PUR. Nevermind the question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Now if he said AMZ gives $20+ for $11 in retail (taxes), maybe that could be worthwhile to some. Keep in mind though technically this coupon is one per person and has to be rung up one at a time. Is that worth it to you to be labeled a flipper for pennies?[/QUOTE]

This isn't even a flip, Its just moving credit. There could $1 proftit and I'd be OK just to move credit.

[quote name='Velo214']summer, how did you get that $20 for me3 preorder. im still waiting on it from bestbuy. real gift card or emailed egift card?[/QUOTE]

Mine came on the 23rd in the form of a RZ certificate. You may want to check on the status of your rebate.

[quote name='dmdragon']Don't let me down now amazon and PM for me. I have 50 in amazon credit for Borderlands and MK Komplete, but no GS credit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am wanting to get MK:C and Catherine off Amazon since I have amazon credit too.

[quote name='mrwiseguy85']Well, I work my 40 hour work week for income, but it never hurts to save a little here and there. Its like trading in 7 old PS2 games to get maybe $10 credit: it won't cover your gaming expenses for life but its a little effort for a little savings. Little savings overtime accumulate to large savings. But you're right, that is not my idea of making money, just saving a buck here and there.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. Just look at the overall picture, driving to a store, multiple purchases, shipping to AMZ by going to the post office, to make maybe $5 per game? That's A LOT of time/work compared to what you get.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']can I buy now and get a price adjustment? Looking at Lego harry collectors for the boy[/QUOTE]

I also have this questions since I am near a GS right now and my home is about 40+ mins from the nearest one. Would like to go there now and make the adjustment when I am near one next week.

Thanks,

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']can I buy now and get a price adjustment? Looking at Lego harry collectors for the boy[/QUOTE]

Gamestop does not do price adjustments. Wait until Sunday.

[quote name='bellenoire2005']Gamestop does not do price adjustments. Wait until Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer!

gamestop better not try to sell off their used merchandise as new during this deal. i've seen them do that before.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']gamestop better not try to sell off their used merchandise as new during this deal. i've seen them do that before.[/QUOTE]

Any game that is new and on sale like this is always gutted. Happened last year with WWE All Stars, I wanted a NEW copy and all six were gutted. Many stores still have the gutted copies today.

[quote name='Romeo']Any game that is new and on sale like this is always gutted. Happened last year with WWE All Stars, I wanted a NEW copy and all six were gutted. Many stores still have the gutted copies today.[/QUOTE]
You could always ask for a sealed copy if they have it. Some gamestops don't put all their stock in the bins. I remember buying a game last year that I gave the gutted box to the guy and he gave me a fresh sealed copy.

[quote name='Romeo']Any game that is new and on sale like this is always gutted. Happened last year with WWE All Stars, I wanted a NEW copy and all six were gutted. Many stores still have the gutted copies today.[/QUOTE]

I always consider these gutted copies USED, period. So if this sale only has gutted copies, forget it. Will be checking for MK Complete when the sale starts.

Now, it's likely that the used counterparts of the games going on sale will also be discounted, right?

[quote name='chimpmeister']I always consider these gutted copies USED, period. So if this sale only has gutted copies, forget it. Will be checking for MK Complete when the sale starts.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. They try to tell you "Oh no, don't worry, it's NEW!"

Is it? IS IT!!?? It's been out on the floor getting molested left and right by anyone, it's manual gets flipped through, sometimes gets stolen, sometimes the art work even gets ripped a bit... yet it's NEW!!!! I tell this to them when occasion arises, and they know. They look at me and basically say "Yeah, I know, it's horse shit. Not our call, though"

Beware that some GS locations have already shipped out their used PSP games to other stores or are in the process of doing so. You can ask the associate if they have them in the back and have them check inventory if there's something you want specifically.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I always consider these gutted copies USED, period. So if this sale only has gutted copies, forget it. Will be checking for MK Complete when the sale starts.[/QUOTE]

They are used. The gutted games are the ones checked out by employees. They are absolutely, unequivocally used.

Got into a little argument over new and gutted.. I called and asked if I could return and rebuy since the price is going down. He said yes. So when I pick it up I ask again and he says no. I ask why and he said its open. I say your selling it to me open and charging me new. I said I don't know how they get away with this crap. He thought that was a stupid question and said how else are they going to display stuff. I said try going to any other retail store. So I told him to seal it so I could return it and he put a sticker over the opening but said I may get a hard time if he's not there when I return it. I told him I'm ready to fight. This gutted crap is beyond annoying its complete bullshit. Also it does have tons of stickers all over the case that say new which couldn't have been put there had it been sealed like it should be.

[quote name='Romeo']They are used. The gutted games are the ones checked out by employees. They are absolutely, unequivocally used.[/QUOTE]

Unless your DM doesn't allow you to participate in the checkout program. Which is the case of my region. So no, they're not absolutely, unequivocally used.

Just because something is OPEN doesn't mean it's USED. Gamestop doesn't advertise it's games as New AND Sealed. It advertises them as New. I could go into the CAG Marketplace and find about 100 listings for NEW games that aren't sealed. So let's go and start calling out every single one of those people as well.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Unless your DM doesn't allow you to participate in the checkout program. Which is the case of my region. So no, they're not absolutely, unequivocally used.

Just because something is OPEN doesn't mean it's USED. Gamestop doesn't advertise it's games as New AND Sealed. It advertises them as New. I could go into the CAG Marketplace and find about 100 listings for NEW games that aren't sealed. So let's go and start calling out every single one of those people as well.[/QUOTE]

You realistically cannot argue this. Once you break the seal, it's used, PERIOD. Try returning a 'new' media product without its seal and see how far you go. "but but i didn't use it..."

Gotta agree, opened is used. They don't accept returns when the seal is broken; but they charge you like it's new when they sell you a game with a broken seal. Stupid.

Now if he said AMZ gives $20+ for $11 in retail (taxes), maybe that could be worthwhile to some. Keep in mind though technically this coupon is one per person and has to be rung up one at a time. Is that worth it to you to be labeled a flipper for pennies?[/QUOTE]

how is gaining 60% profit off you initial investment crazy? yes it's only $6 but it was also only $10. $6 goes a long way here on CAG....

bread's done
Back