GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

skycat561

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
[preview] [IMG-R=5838]26965[/IMG-R]The GameStop Spring Sale features buy 2, get 1 free sales on PSP and DS games and accessories and discounts on games from all platforms.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop Spring Breaks Sale [/preview]

:3ds:
Ben 10: Galactic Racing 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 49.99

:ds:
LEGO Batman 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 14.99​
icongs_r1.gif
B2G1 on preowned DS games and accessories

:360:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Gears of War 3 29.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Hulk Hogan's Main Event 9.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning SD 39.99
Kung Fu High Impact 19.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twister Mania 9.99
Zumba Fitness Rush 39.99

:wii:
ABBA You Can Dance 19.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Go Vacation 14.99
Just Dance 29.99
Just Dance 2 29.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 19.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
Just Dance Summer Party 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Zumba Fitness 2 29.99

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
LA Noire 19.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twised Metal SD 49.99
White Knight Chronicles II 19.99

:psp: Vita
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $29.99
ModNation Racers $19.99
Unit 13 $29.99

:psp: PSP
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 $14.99
:psp: B2G1 on preowned PSP games and accessories

:pc:
Battlefield 3 39.99
Mass Effect SD 49.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for Marvel vs Capcom for $10, haven't played it yet.. GTA4 complete on PS3 has been $20 in stores at Target for a couple months now.

[quote name='bfett9']Maybe I'm a noob for not knowing, but what does the "SD" stand for that is in some of the game titles?[/QUOTE]

I think it's short for standard (i.e. not CE, collector's editions)

[quote name='akir']sweet the $10 off vita games is good until 4/5. if it stacks hot shots and unit 13 for $20 each!![/QUOTE]

AND ModNation Racers for 9.99

doubt they stack

just got hot shots off ebay sealed for 25 crap may try unit 13 for 20

Catherine is tempting, but I might wait when it hits $20 or less.

Same goes with Red Dead Redemption.

Might get White Knight Chronicles 2 since I missed out on the first game.

will used versions of these games be a few bucks cheaper? Sometimes Gamestop puts "new" games on sale but doesn't lower the used price :( I wanna get WKC2 for 19.99 so hopefully I can snag a used copy for 17.99 or so

Damn, been waiting on WKC2 to drop for ages. Totally in for that, might get GTA4 on PS3 too, been trying to talk my friends into getting it

some pretty good deals I may get GTA 4 compete been waiting for that to drop forever,though I'm really waiting for a Buy 2 Get one free sale so I might hold off and wait until then

[quote name='Dreamcastguy']Dang definitely picking up Catherine for $29.99. I have never caught that game at a decent price.[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to return the copy I bought at Best Buy and rebuy it at Gamestop to get the unedited cover. I also have a lot of GS credit to use.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Might get White Knight Chronicles 2 since I missed out on the first game.[/QUOTE]

That is tempting, tho I'm also picking up Xenoblade Chronicles next week, so I need another JRPG like a hole in the head. I did like the look of it in trailers, but the mediocre reviews warned me off.

Good thing I didn't jump at getting the MK: Komplete Kollection last week. And WKCII & AC:R for $20? Sweet. Thanks OP.

[quote name='z3razerviper']Great a bunch of opened games sold as new[/QUOTE]

Yup, and that's why I'm price matching it at Best Buy. That plus to get the bonus content for WKCII & AC1 too. Hey, I didn't have to pre-order and pay MSRP too! :D

How lost will I be if I pick up AC:R, having only played the first AC? I absolutely hated the original because it was so repetitive, but have heard that the series is MUCH better now. :D

[quote name='Jurassic425']How lost will I be if I pick up AC:R, having only played the first AC? I absolutely hated the original because it was so repetitive, but have heard that the series is MUCH better now. :D[/QUOTE]

I recommend starting with ACII and play them in order. The series has very much improved since the first game. I never finished AC1 for the same reason.

Ben 10 Racing worth it for achievements? I 1000f the other 2 Ben 10 360 games.

Pissed I bought Kingdoms of Amalur used for $50 after Rewards card.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Catherine is tempting, but I might wait when it hits $20 or less.

Same goes with Red Dead Redemption.

Might get White Knight Chronicles 2 since I missed out on the first game.[/QUOTE]

The cheapest Catherine has been was $14.99 during a gamefly sale. I know it's used, but it came with the original cover. I'm hoping it hits $9.99 during their next sale or so.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I recommend starting with ACII and play them in order. The series has very much improved since the first game. I never finished AC1 for the same reason.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the 1st game was really repetitive...that did not stop the OCD in me from getting 1000/1000 on it...I hate those dam flags :lol:

Awesome. Ive been wanting to trade in my mortal kombat for the komplete edition. With the 50 percent trade in bonus right now, upgrading will be like 8 bucks or something. Gunna grab Assassins creed too, hopefully I can grab a copy with the original AC on the disc.

Jeeze why can't catherine be dropped to 20 bucks! Guess the wait continues.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah the 1st game was really repetitive...that did not stop the OCD in me from getting 1000/1000 on it...I hate those dam flags :lol:[/QUOTE]

I hate collection based achievements in general. So time wasting and no fun at all.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I hate collection based achievements in general. So time wasting and no fun at all.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I really need to stop doing them. I wish developers would stop thinking they add "replay value"...the only thing they do is slow down the game making it seem like it is longer than it really is.

Oh wow was assassins "freeze" annoying to play. There were those annoying beggers and crazed men who got in your way during your missions, stupid and pointless "investigations. Oh yea and the constant freezing lol. I had to turn my system off and reboot it so many times because of it that i almost gave up on the game. Just start from part 2 as it explains part 1 anyway

This sale looks pretty terrible compared to previous ones. I guess part of the problem is they usually hype used games too and lower everything pretty drastically. This sale looks more like it's newer games which are lowered a lot but still end up being pretty expensive (for a true deal anyway).

Since this is just a one week sale, I guess this isn't their annual Game Days sale then. Otherwise I would say for people to wait till the end of this sale and they may reduce the prices further on some of these games.

But from what I remember the Game Days sale is usually in late spring/early summer sometime.

I was going with the thought that this IS the Game Days sale.

I remembered it being Early April with the April showers to bring in the Spring. I could be completely wrong though.

[quote name='TheLongshot']

That is tempting, tho I'm also picking up Xenoblade Chronicles next week, so I need another JRPG like a hole in the head. I did like the look of it in trailers, but the mediocre reviews warned me off.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, already that time again! I reserved a copy of Xenoblade as well. What is up with the Friday (April 6th) release date instead of the usual Tuesday?

Guess I'll just combine both trips for this sale and picking up Xenoblade.

I just saw the ad link and I don't see most of the games there. Also it's says prices valid march 28 to April 1. I don't get it. I'm confused....

[quote name='Drclaw411']Is this the GameDays sale?[/QUOTE]

Ah, that's the sale I was thinking of. The fairly extensive list of games makes me think it might be, but the lack of a B2G1 on all used makes me think it might not be.

[quote name='finstersucks']anybody know what's the price for used games that need online a pass if the new copy sells for $49.99? $44.99 is the normal used price with games that don't require passes.

Mass effect 3 would be a good deal with the pur coupon if its $39.99 used.[/QUOTE]

This sale may not be discounting the used games like in the past where they haven't. It''s possible but i wouldn't expect a discount for used. If it is, it should be $5 cheaper.

So anyone else going to go to GS for ME3 and get $10 back/price adjustment since its within 30-day return period? How does it work?

[quote name='kburns10']Amalur might be bought today! $39.99 was my sweet spot![/QUOTE]

This sale is not live yet, right or did I miss something? I thought Sunday was the day.

[quote name='Donut2922']This sale may not be discounting the used games like in the past where they haven't. It''s possible but i wouldn't expect a discount for used. If it is, it should be $5 cheaper.[/QUOTE]
Well technically if it does discount the used version Its most likely going to be more then $5. Gamestop has the deal for games with online passes and IIRC in the past that deal stayed when marked down.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Oh man, already that time again! I reserved a copy of Xenoblade as well. What is up with the Friday (April 6th) release date instead of the usual Tuesday?

Guess I'll just combine both trips for this sale and picking up Xenoblade.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo published titles usually have weird release dates. Its usually Sunday, sometimes Monday, and apparently Friday now too.

[quote name='nas6034']So anyone else going to go to GS for ME3 and get $10 back/price adjustment since its within 30-day return period? How does it work?[/QUOTE]

Bring in a sealed copy and they will do a return rebuy no problem. YMMV doing it with just the receipt only.

If there's going to be a bigger discount for those used games as well, which PS3 titles should I avoid? You know, the ones with codes?

[quote name='redmangoose']If there's going to be a bigger discount for those used games as well, which PS3 titles should I avoid? You know, the ones with codes?[/QUOTE]
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99 online pass
Batman: Arkham City 29.99 catwoman DLC
Battlefield 3 39.99 online pass
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99 EA game so Im sure its has a online pass
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning SD 39.99 Online pass (just DLC)
LA Noire 19.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99 online pass
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99 online pass (just for eaning money for online events, you can still play online without it but wont get any money)
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99 Im sure this has a online pass also
Twised Metal SD 49.99 online pass
White Knight Chronicles II 19.99 online pass

these are the ones I know off hand

bread's done
Back