GameStop: Trade 2 select games for $50 credit towards LA Noire

PimpBot2000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/la-noire

Just saw this in my email box. Trade in 2 select games at GameStop for $50 credit towards an LA Noire preorder. Offer valid 4/18/11 - 5/8/11.

Some of the qualifying games to look out for between now and 5/8 might be:
Rock Band 3 (game only) PS3 - currently $17.99 preowned at GS
Borderlands GotY Edition (PS3) $19.99 new at GS
Monopoly Streets (PS3) - currently on clearance at Target B&M, $19.98 when I price checked it yesterday

Traded in RB3 and Borderlands GOTY PS3 today and received $55. The workers saw the list on the website, but the computer did not give me the $50 credit right away.

[quote name='FriscoDude']Traded in RB3 and Borderlands GOTY PS3 today and received $55. The workers saw the list on the website, but the computer did not give me the $50 credit right away.[/QUOTE]

Was the borderlands you traded in the voucher version or disc version because I find it odd that they wold take the voucher version as part of the trade when the codes will most likely be used up. the versions I see used at my local gamestops are the voucher version so I wanna make sure before I buy and trade back.

Thanks

[quote name='boogie4114']Was the borderlands you traded in the voucher version or disc version because I find it odd that they wold take the voucher version as part of the trade when the codes will most likely be used up. the versions I see used at my local gamestops are the voucher version so I wanna make sure before I buy and trade back.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I traded in the disc version; I find that odd too because a used voucher version would mean that it is pretty much a Borderlands reg. edition. Your welcome.

Before there was a disc version, GS sold the used GOTY voucher versions the same as a regular. Only with the disc version did they list a SKU for a used GOTY. A store that's selling voucher GOTY at a higher rate is doing it wrong.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Well, I thought after the immense success Red Dead was with the online component, I figured something similar to that would be included. I know Rockstar is saying the game won't be a GTA set in the 40's, but I find that hard to believe.[/QUOTE]
I learned this lesson the hard way in 2001 after the release of GTA III when Rockstar released State Of Emergency soon after.:puke:

So anymore I fully research a game I may be interested in to see if it's actually something I'll enjoy or not.

Ima get in on this.
I have an extra copy of black ops and ill go buy a rb 3 with a $10 coupon.

Paying $18 for LA Noire is a hell ofa deal

[quote name='biledriver']Yea, A note to those considering this game. Read up on it! It's more Heavy Rain than GTA.[/QUOTE]

You guys just sold me on this game! I was mildly interested in it when I first heard about it, but I didn't start looking into it seriously until this deal. I really don't want another GTA. Hearing that it's not will make me do this deal after all.

fuck!! I don't see RB3 and Force Unleashed 2 on the list anymore....and I just ordered those 2 games online a few days ago. fuckers..

Last edited by a moderator:
the 360 fanboys are upset because the game was made for the ps3 in mind, so its going to run better and look better on ps3 overall

nobody cared about RDR multiplayer it was garbage

[quote name='biledriver']Yea, A note to those considering this game. Read up on it! It's more Heavy Rain than GTA.[/QUOTE]

HA. So I read up on the game, but show me one gameplay video that makes it look like Heavy Rain. Finding clues doesn't mean it's Heavy Rain. The map in the bottom left corner is classic Rockstar and the gameplay videos show GTA gameplay more than anything with some clue finding/interrogation mixed in. It's still Point A to Point B mission based gameplay.

I was able to trade in Spider Man SD and Borderlands BOTY for $27.50 each after PUR 10% added on top. The deal would not ring up automatically. GS rep had to manually override the system to get it to take. He only did it since he saw the games were on the list. Said he would get an email about the override, but didnt care. But, I know why it wasnt working, or at least I think I do. The GOTY edition I had is the old version with codes, not on disc for the DLC. So effectively, used it is a standard Borderlands. The computer knows this and wouldnt ring it up for the deal to LA Noire since it recognized the UPC as reg. Borderlands. Great deal for me since I paid $13 for Spiderman and nothing out of pocket for the Borderlands.

Anyways, I appreciated the guy helping me out, so I told him I would definitely give him praise on the receipt feedback. It helps to be friendly to your GS reps people!

[quote name='poopants']I was able to go to gamestop, buy two copies of borderlands GOTY, which were around 16$ and change each after PUR discount. Then traded them right back in for the LA noire pre-order.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing exact thing today. Game Stop employee was left scratching his head wondering wtf just happend, lol!

[quote name='wrencrest']I was able to trade in Spider Man SD and Borderlands BOTY for $27.50 each after PUR 10% added on top. The deal would not ring up automatically. GS rep had to manually override the system to get it to take. He only did it since he saw the games were on the list. Said he would get an email about the override, but didnt care. But, I know why it wasnt working, or at least I think I do. The GOTY edition I had is the old version with codes, not on disc for the DLC. So effectively, used it is a standard Borderlands. The computer knows this and wouldnt ring it up for the deal to LA Noire since it recognized the UPC as reg. Borderlands. Great deal for me since I paid $13 for Spiderman and nothing out of pocket for the Borderlands.

Anyways, I appreciated the guy helping me out, so I told him I would definitely give him praise on the receipt feedback. It helps to be friendly to your GS reps people![/QUOTE]

Had a similar experience. Traded Resident Evil 5 Gold and old Borderlands GOTY with used DLC code and he did a override because he was the only one in the store and the line was getting really long. Glad I got the deal but I do kinda feel bad for whoever might buy my game and find out that they got no DLC.

[quote name='bjstucker']have the voucher version of Borderlands might bring it in considering it is worthless now and preorder LA Noire

.[/QUOTE]

The voucher version of Borderlands GOTY trades in as regular Borderlands, unless you get a clueless employee to override the computer.

[quote name='bjstucker']have the voucher version of Borderlands might bring it in considering it is worthless now and preorder LA Noire

.[/QUOTE]

Let us know if that works!

[quote name='AcidRain25']Had a similar experience. Traded Resident Evil 5 Gold and old Borderlands GOTY with used DLC code and he did a override because he was the only one in the store and the line was getting really long. Glad I got the deal but I do kinda feel bad for whoever might buy my game and find out that they got no DLC.[/QUOTE]

They can just return it, if they aren't satisfied.

[quote name='Jinque']gotta love fine print[/QUOTE]
I'm sure they probably took Top Spin 4 off the list because they realized someone could buy 2 copies of it for $32 or less after PUR/EDGE and maybe CAG16 from their website and then trade those into the store and make credit on the deal.

Although when I checked, all three versions of TS4 were OOS on their website, but I'm sure that some folks most certainly did such trades which caused it's removal from the list.

I bought a disc only Rockband 3 PS3 during the B1G1 sale -11.73
traded it in the other day towards L.A. Noir + 25.50
went in the next day and bought it back -17.60
and sent it to someone on Goozex that day for 900 pts!
That's the most play any RB game has had at our house in ages!

[quote name='wrencrest']I was able to trade in Spider Man SD and Borderlands BOTY for $27.50 each after PUR 10% added on top. The deal would not ring up automatically. GS rep had to manually override the system to get it to take. He only did it since he saw the games were on the list. Said he would get an email about the override, but didnt care. But, I know why it wasnt working, or at least I think I do. The GOTY edition I had is the old version with codes, not on disc for the DLC. So effectively, used it is a standard Borderlands. The computer knows this and wouldnt ring it up for the deal to LA Noire since it recognized the UPC as reg. Borderlands. Great deal for me since I paid $13 for Spiderman and nothing out of pocket for the Borderlands.

Anyways, I appreciated the guy helping me out, so I told him I would definitely give him praise on the receipt feedback. It helps to be friendly to your GS reps people![/QUOTE]

My store had to override my order as well, sly collection/crash. They even gave me a little extra beyond the intended $50 credit because there was a line and they had trouble with the mental math figuring the extra 10% PUR on the trade ins :D

Positive survey indeed.

Might have to look into this deal as I recently found a Power Up Rewards Pro card on the floor in Walmart. I checked w/ GS & the guy said it's good until November. The way I see it, whomever's card it is, gets points & I get discounts on used games & extra TIV. :lol:

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Might have to look into this deal as I recently found a Power Up Rewards Pro card on the floor in Walmart. I checked w/ GS & the guy said it's good until November. The way I see it, whomever's card it is, gets points & I get discounts on used games & extra TIV. :lol:[/QUOTE]

And if they still kept their keychain one then you both could have use the account right?

[quote name='Abeja']And if they still kept their keychain one then you both could have use the account right?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much.

Sims 3 is in stock for 360 at 18.99 plus shipping without PALADIN. Grabbing 1 myself.

You guys think they'll keep Bulletstorm on the list of trade ins after the Gears 3 beta is over with?

EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKK PALADIN has expired. Assholes Hastings!!!!!

[quote name='hustletron']Sims 3 is in stock for 360 at 18.99 plus shipping without PALADIN. Grabbing 1 myself.

You guys think they'll keep Bulletstorm on the list of trade ins after the Gears 3 beta is over with?

EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKK PALADIN has expired. Assholes Hastings!!!!![/QUOTE]
It will depend on how many trade ins they get. No one will know otherwise.

[quote name='onyzukae']so what..
buy borderlands goty new 22 +
Rock Band 3 (game only) PS3 - 17.99 preowned at GS

$38 LA Noire ??[/QUOTE]
+$10+tax. Unless you can get lucky and find a used GOTY at 17.99 and then pay off the total leftover with more credit, then you wont have to pay tax. At least thats how it works here. Not sure if paying tax is based on local laws.

[quote name='Microshock']LA Noire will come out to about 65 bucks with tax.[/QUOTE]
Unless you can pay with all credit and then you wont get charged tax. At least here in my county/state.

Is it true you can't trade in 2 copies of the same game? I always buy 2 copies of any multiplayer game, one for my husband and one for me. They have my history on my account and they can see this is the case but I haven't traded anyting in with them yet. There is a new store close by and when I called to ask about this trade in promotion I said that I have 2 of the same game to trade, she gave me the total trade-in value and said nothing about not accepting 2 of the same game. Going to Best Buy if this is the case.

I[quote name='Tropicat']Is it true you can't trade in 2 copies of the same game? I always buy 2 copies of any multiplayer game, one for my husband and one for me. They have my history on my account and they can see this is the case but I haven't traded anyting in with them yet. There is a new store close by and when I called to ask about this trade in promotion I said that I have 2 of the same game to trade, she gave me the total trade-in value and said nothing about not accepting 2 of the same game. Going to Best Buy if this is the case.[/QUOTE]

Not really, I trade my brother's and my games in at the same time. And usually they are titles we had been playing online together. Honestly might be YMMV. plus i havent done it on this deal but I had on previous deals that were similar.

I just looked up 2 of those games on that list and compared what I could get trading them in to Amazon. I can get $15 more trading in to Amazon. Plus they pay for the shipping to them. Something you might consider is all I am saying.

for the borderlands do i need all the dlc that came with the game?The reason why i ask is because i ordered it from go hastings.i got it used for 18 dollars...but guess what it is brand new still in the plastic...i want to sell the dlc seperate

[quote name='Microshock']LA Noire will come out to about 65 bucks with tax.[/QUOTE]

If you pay with trade-in credit there is usually no tax ;) I just traded in 2 games on the list towards this and paid off my pre-order ($9.99) with credit. I also traded in 5 other games for $54.xx. I'm moving on Saturday so the great thing is I'm locked into my pre-order and wherever I pick up the game when I move, they will call my current GS and transfer the pre-order. Awesome :)

I bought Top Spin 4 preowned from GameStop for 7.99 (after GS $10 off preowned game coupon) and Borderlands GOTY edition from Target for 7.98 (on clearance).

I then traded them both to GS toward L.A. Noire for $55 (extra $5 from bonus 10% on trade-ins with Power Up Rewards pro card) and paid the remaining $5 with the little bit of credit I had left on my PUR card.

Not bad, considering that I'll be getting Noire for only about $16 plus tax out of pocket for the 2 games I bought to trade in for this offer.

Did they let you trade in a TS4? I tried to take that and a RB3 in last week, and they denied me, even though the flyers were still up in the store with the original list. Deal wouldn't ring up automatically, so they searched through the store e-mails, and found the addendum to the list. :(

[quote name='proatthis26']for the borderlands do i need all the dlc that came with the game?The reason why i ask is because i ordered it from go hastings.i got it used for 18 dollars...but guess what it is brand new still in the plastic...i want to sell the dlc seperate[/QUOTE]

My experience is old (4/23) but the voucher version & Rock Band 3 didn't work.

He said there were 2 different SKUs for Borderlands and that the DLC on disc version SKU with a newer game on the list worked.

I'm not sure how they would tell if you walked in there with just the disc. Maybe by the code on the disc?

[quote name='sgaldis']Did they let you trade in a TS4? I tried to take that and a RB3 in last week, and they denied me, even though the flyers were still up in the store with the original list. Deal wouldn't ring up automatically, so they searched through the store e-mails, and found the addendum to the list. :([/QUOTE]

Yes but it was a bit of a struggle. I heard that other CAGs ran into trouble with the games that were removed from the list, but some had success because the GS employee manually marked up each game to $25. The printed flyers were in the store I went to and they could see the games were listed on it. They had no idea why it wasn't working, so they did their manual markup magic for me. When I got back home I did a great survey for them as a thank you. :D:D:D

P.S. maybe you should try another store?

[quote name='shoe478']My experience is old (4/23) but the voucher version & Rock Band 3 didn't work.

He said there were 2 different SKUs for Borderlands and that the DLC on disc version SKU with a newer game on the list worked.

I'm not sure how they would tell if you walked in there with just the disc. Maybe by the code on the disc?[/QUOTE]

Mine was the voucher version. They didn't ask me for anything. Initially when the deal wouldn't ring up, the GS employee thought the problem was my voucher version Borderlands (when the problem really was the Top Spin 4 ;)). However, they stated that both voucher and voucher-less versions ring up the same regardless, so that wasn't an issue.

So I have Borderlands GOTY disc version, and elder scrolls oblivion GOTY. I already have the content on my PS3 and X360. Could I then buy the standard copies for around $8 a piece and get LA Noire for $16? That would be an awesome deal.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']So I have Borderlands GOTY disc version, and elder scrolls oblivion GOTY. I already have the content on my PS3 and X360. Could I then buy the standard copies for around $8 a piece and get LA Noire for $16? That would be an awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

As long as the games are still on their list you will get it. They can change at any time though.

bread's done
Back