GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
i really hope the TIV increases after the "cash bonus" ends on 3/20 so i can trade in my games at a higher in-store credit value and preorder the VR with no tax

One of my local Gamestops has started taking in Retro Trade Ins. (located in SoCal). I'm actually surprised tbh.

Makes me go. :(

I find it funny that they phased them out, only to bring them back again. :lol:

Also found out the TIVs for the Gamecube and Dreamcast is $20 and PS1 is $8.
So I can trade my PS1 in for $3 more than I bought it for at GS 10+ years ago?

i really hope the TIV increases after the "cash bonus" ends on 3/20 so i can trade in my games at a higher in-store credit value and preorder the VR with no tax
That's what I'm waiting on but I might just trade in those wii games and get the cash since I need to recoup costs on a MacBook lol

Traded a wii X ds lite yesterday for $55, eh I'll take it since I hate dealing with consoles on eBay /Amazon

You don't understand, hitting the cash limit doesn't affect trading for credit.
Ymmv? For me this is not true. According to the rep who took my phone call to the 1 800 number this morning, and my interaction with a manager in person , they confirmed that if you hit the limit you can not trade for cash or trade credit. For 90 days.
They at the 1 800 number also claim the trade limit is per month, which seems to be not accurate and looks to be more of a 30 day limit as this cash promo started in Feb and continued into March. My trades from Feb and March both counted towards the limit and thus breached the limit.

There will also be a new promo starting that gives you $100 for ANY slim PS3/Xbox 360 when you buy an Xbox One.
Sooooo...what are the rules on that? My cousin wants to get an XB1 sometime and has a 20-GB Pro model that has a bad disc drive (doesn't like to open) and no HDD. Is therean easy fix on the disc drive, and what kind of refurb fees do they throw at you for missing the HDD?

Ymmv? For me this is not true. According to the rep who took my phone call to the 1 800 number this morning, and my interaction with a manager in person , they confirmed that if you hit the limit you can not trade for cash or trade credit. For 90 days.
They at the 1 800 number also claim the trade limit is per month, which seems to be not accurate and looks to be more of a 30 day limit as this cash promo started in Feb and continued into March. My trades from Feb and March both counted towards the limit and thus breached the limit.
When I hit the cash limit several years ago I could still trade in for credit.

They may have changed it now.

Have you tried trading in for credit since hitting the limit? (I assume you hit the limit trading for cash)

Sooooo...what are the rules on that? My cousin wants to get an XB1 sometime and has a 20-GB Pro model that has a bad disc drive (doesn't like to open) and no HDD. Is therean easy fix on the disc drive, and what kind of refurb fees do they throw at you for missing the HDD?
That isn't a slim model.

Use a paper clip in the hole under the disc tray to turn the gear and open the tray.

Use tweezers to remove the drive belt.

Loop the replacement belt and turn gear to get it aligned.

It's an easy fix, no need to open up the console.

There are about 9,000 poorly filmed youtube videos showing how to do it, if those steps are unclear.

As Deader said, though. That's not a slim... so it wont qualify.

When I hit the cash limit several years ago I could still trade in for credit.

They may have changed it now.

Have you tried trading in for credit since hitting the limit? (I assume you hit the limit trading for cash)
I did try for trade credit , the GA tried to be helpful and also suggested that it was just a cash limit, but after trying for trade credit the manager doing my transaction said that I could not do either.

wow   gamestop finally   answered my email about my  Fire emblem Se that was damage...  they sent me another one today and told me to keep the damge one  thought these were out of stock  they must  keep so many  in  case of  lost items

wow gamestop finally answered my email about my Fire emblem Se that was damage... they sent me another one today and told me to keep the damge one thought these were out of stock they must keep so many in case of lost items
interested in selling the damaged one and helping out a cag who missed out?

wow gamestop finally answered my email about my Fire emblem Se that was damage... they sent me another one today and told me to keep the damge one thought these were out of stock they must keep so many in case of lost items
Gamestop happened to discover a pallet of Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition that they plan on selling as used and at a mark up?

I stopped in yesterday to trade in 2 games towards ufc and had 6 games I was going to trade for cash. I decided to hold off till today thinking watch them do a stealth bump even though they just did one and the cash trades is still going , sure enough there it is.

I stopped in yesterday to trade in 2 games towards ufc and had 6 games I was going to trade for cash. I decided to hold off till today thinking watch them do a stealth bump even though they just did one and the cash trades is still going , sure enough there it is.
Get this guy a cookie! :) smart move!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back