GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Post Edited to rectify actual know cause.

---

Edit: Or on second thought, maybe Its something else relative I'm guessing, and I think I know what it is...I'll inform later, and probably edit the post just in case.

...And it seems I'm right on the matter.

Hey guys, I know this might have been mentioned before in the topic, and yes, I've...haven't really posted in this topic until now (or actually once in a previous GS trade topic), but its GS related and may need help. @_@

So...I've probably been hit with an automatic renewal from Power Up Rewards, and it spended points on a Pro Memebership that I, myself, didn't make the purchase though (I was mostly on steam yesterday anyways). I had about 45K in rewards points and now it dropped to 30K. And this was from 3/9/16 (obvs yesterday, as of post, and yes, I have the invoice mail), so...am I screwed? Or should I wait for the fellow :grouphug: Cag'ers to drop some advice, and yes, I know those that work there or 2 posts here as well, lol. X3

---

Edit: Or on second thought, maybe Its something else relative I'm guessing, and I think I know what it is...I'll inform later, and probably edit the post just in case.
I've never run into that problem but I'm guessing you can try contacting customer service to see if they will refund you the points.

^Yeah, it seems that way, nevermind, I know who done it, ugh, I'm gonna have to have a talk with those using my PUR info, lol. It was actually "relative" people I know.

So the meeting today wasn't about PUR. Just a change in direction for the company. The upcoming Sunday announcement will talk about these changes as well.

I was disappointed, but it was still a good meeting. My regional manager DID mention that there are plans for upcoming changes for PUR. The company is aware about GCU and Amazon's recent addition for new game discounts.

Well, if the company is aware of the discounts, PUR Pro members should do the same with GCU and Amazon, with the discount for pre-orders and the like, but...

Hardly. Its mostly about how we can better service people.
Yeah, better service if GS adopts the same thing I just mention in this here post, but here's hoping...I doubt it. >.>

While they definitely need to improve their CS, I feel like it wouldn't be as bad if they were better to their employees (pre-order/PUR renewal pressure and the like).

You know the saying, "Shit flows downhill".

Here's hoping they work on that too.

If your district took retro games, they now have expanded to take Gameboy Color, GBA, Xbox, and Gamecube select systems, first party accessories, and games. 

I like the majority of the employee's at my local Gamestop. There are four I typically see, and all very nice. The guys don't try to act weird or flirt with me (as I've had happen in other stores), and everyone tries to strike up conversation with people in the store. That being said, I won't give up the 20% BB / Amazon discount just because I want to be loyal. Hopefully some type of discount program for NEW games comes into play soon :)

I like the majority of the employee's at my local Gamestop. There are four I typically see, and all very nice. The guys don't try to act weird or flirt with me (as I've had happen in other stores), and everyone tries to strike up conversation with people in the store. That being said, I won't give up the 20% BB / Amazon discount just because I want to be loyal. Hopefully some type of discount program for NEW games comes into play soon :)
Yupperz... If GS offered 20% off new games & something better than 1k on new games...like 10k points on preorders lol to at least be some what competitive with BBY then that would be awesome lol. Prolly won't happen but we can dream lol.

What all is required to trade in a Wii? I've been told conflicting things by several stores. The system is in perfect condition so I'm not concerned about refurb fees. Is it sensor bar, system, cables, wiimote, and nunchuck?

Do they really or is that just what we're guessing? I think there just isn't that many must-have games this generation yet.
Makes sense to me. Why else do it? The credit at least guaranteed you'd be spending money there.

Unless you think it's just an excuse for GameStop to get you in the store to buy shit?

Yupperz... If GS offered 20% off new games & something better than 1k on new games...like 10k points on preorders lol to at least be some what competitive with BBY then that would be awesome lol. Prolly won't happen but we can dream lol.
There's no way GS will offer a comparable 20% discount program. They don't have enough revenue streams to offset the discount unlike retailers like Amazon and Best Buy. They might just expand their services and offerings before taking a 20% haircut off their margins. I prefer to shop elsewhere but even I understand the importance of having a retailer like Gamestop around. Competition is good for all of us. If they go, I'd bet on the GCU and Prime programs going away soon after.

This was between TWO states (CA and AZ), they scan and the discount doesn't show up, then they put your phone and voila! Discount!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back