GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Mortal Kombat XL have all the dlc on disc? I thought that it just came packaged with codes, but it does have a higher TIV than the OG
Yeah the DLC is on the disc. There's a separate voucher for first print runs to include a cosplay pack for characters like Jackie Briggs. The disc is actually branded with XL on it.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but during this trade promotion (same cash as credit), you earn the same amount of PUR points selling stuff for cash as you do for credit (20 points per dollar as opposed to 10 points per dollar).

Does Mortal Kombat XL have all the dlc on disc? I thought that it just came packaged with codes, but it does have a higher TIV than the OG
Always look up unboxings (unwrappings really) on youtube. Best way I got an answer to this (edit without asking).

I put the lady at my GS to work tonight as I traded in an original Xbox, N64, Dreamcast, and Gameboy Advance SP along with some games.  Coupling all of that with the $150 promo for my extra 320 GB 360 and I walked out with a 1TB Division XB1 and a $50 GC for $7.  I was happy.

I put the lady at my GS to work tonight as I traded in an original Xbox, N64, Dreamcast, and Gameboy Advance SP along with some games. Coupling all of that with the $150 promo for my extra 320 GB 360 and I walked out with a 1TB Division XB1 and a $50 GC for $7 plus the original cost of the items I traded in. I was happy.
FTFY.

I put the lady at my GS to work tonight as I traded in an original Xbox, N64, Dreamcast, and Gameboy Advance SP along with some games. Coupling all of that with the $150 promo for my extra 320 GB 360 and I walked out with a 1TB Division XB1 and a $50 GC for $7. I was happy.
And that is what the trade-in system is made for.

I CAN confirm that GS NOW requires to login into your PUR before using those $XX certificates, happened at 3 of my GSs.
Tell them that you want to buy the protection plan for your game (2.99) BEFORE you use the certificates. Do them a favor and they (probably) won't hassle you about signing in for the certs.

I put the lady at my GS to work tonight as I traded in an original Xbox, N64, Dreamcast, and Gameboy Advance SP along with some games. Coupling all of that with the $150 promo for my extra 320 GB 360 and I walked out with a 1TB Division XB1 and a $50 GC for $7. I was happy.
I think i would rather keep those retro game console if I was in your position. Especially the GB Advance SP, that is a beauty and probably one of the best console/handheld hardware design historically.

I think i would rather keep those retro game console if I was in your position. Especially the GB Advance SP, that is a beauty and probably one of the best console/handheld hardware design historically.
You know, I don't really disagree but the reality is that I haven't touched any of them in well over five years and I'm really just going through a de-clutter phase. I convinced myself for years that "one day I'm going to be glad I still have these" yet as I'm about to hit 40 later this year I've wised up and realized that with gaming I just can't live THAT far in the past like I thought. With a PS4, PS3, 2 XB1s, 360, WiiU, 3DS XL, and Vita I have access to more games than I will ever play in 5 lifetimes.

I will say it blew me away that after 5+ years the SP turned right on. It has the best battery of any handheld ever IMO.

The joke is on you since you bought an xbone

Is the $100 towards a New 3DS XL with trade of old 3DS XL deal still in effect? And if so, will it work on the Hyrule Warriors edition? Thinking about upgrading, and using the eBay gift card deal to make it a bit sweeter...

Also, do they require the AC adapter with trade?

What is ftfy ;_; I finally feel old not knowing lingo. My days of being a mememaster are over
FTFY = Fix That For You

image.png

I saw a couple people mention a GameStop announcement on Sunday (today) but I haven't heard anything. Supposedly, it was just a short video for employees? Is there anything worth announcing?

So I see the Pro Member Exclusives coming up on 3/21/16-3/27/16 being:

Extra $20 when trading any PS Vita, Wii U or N3DSxL

Extra $40 when trading any Xbox One or PlayStation 4....

What is the regular trade in value without the bonus for X1 / PS4?? I know atm until 3/20 it is $200... I can't remember if the regular trade in value was $150 or $175...  If it is $175 then you would get more $ waiting after 3/21 lol. 

What is the regular trade in value without the bonus for X1 / PS4?? I know atm until 3/20 it is $200... I can't remember if the regular trade in value was $150 or $175... If it is $175 then you would get more $ waiting after 3/21 lol.
Hmm...if the TIV base for a Vita stays at $80, I could finally justify trading in my OLED model and upgrading to the LCD model I've had lying around for the past year.

What is the regular trade in value without the bonus for X1 / PS4?? I know atm until 3/20 it is $200... I can't remember if the regular trade in value was $150 or $175... If it is $175 then you would get more $ waiting after 3/21 lol.
The cash offer also ends on the 20th so you'll get store credit instead of cash.

Why couldnt the extra trade credit work on the standard N3DS too....I totally would trade my second one for $100
The standard size? Both are discontinued so if you have the packaging you can get significantly more trading it to Amazon. The AC bundle has been spiking to $170 for LN.

standard n3ds ? you mean the pokemon one
I have the AC Bundle and the Pokemon bundle. Gonna likely trade the AC one I had been using since I transferred to the Pokemon one

The standard size? Both are discontinued so if you have the packaging you can get significantly more trading it to Amazon. The AC bundle has been spiking to $170 for LN.
Would you have to trade in the plates and all the extras as well? Or just the console and the box?

Is the $100 towards a New 3DS XL with trade of old 3DS XL deal still in effect? And if so, will it work on the Hyrule Warriors edition? Thinking about upgrading, and using the eBay gift card deal to make it a bit sweeter...

Also, do they require the AC adapter with trade?
All 3DS systems, except for the NEW 3DS XL's, require a charger to trade in.

That's weird, thought it wouldn't need one since it didn't have the charger in it when it was sold like a NEW 3DS XL. Why not just require one with a NEW 3DS XL then as well?
I meant they require it for the New 3DS as well as the New 3DS XL.

I thought it wasnt required either since they dont sell the New 3DS/3DS XL with a charger but I was wrong.

WTF that's messed up.

And yes to guarantee LN you would have to have everything. Lower grade value may still be significantly more than GS if you catch it at the right time.

WTF that's messed up.

And yes to guarantee LN you would have to have everything. Lower grade value may still be significantly more than GS if you catch it at the right time.
Ah poo. I collect the plates so that would defeat the point.

Gonna check a few local stores to see if I get offered more, otherwise I might try for a lower grade

Also you have to trade a charger? Thats really fucking sketchy of Gamestop.....

Post-purchase online survey format slightly changed again.
Still about the same number of clicks.

Clerk at my store said it was an attempt to better identify areas for improvement.

I went to go trade-in :ps4: Dying Light today and the TIV was $16.50 with PRO, but the app was showing $18.70

What is BST? It said that next to Dying Light
This happened to me today with a few games being $1-$3 less than the app showed. Didn't question it because I was getting cash and didn't want to rock the boat. But assassin's creed rogue for example said $7 on the app but traded for $4 in store.

This happened to me today with a few games being $1-$3 less than the app showed. Didn't question it because I was getting cash and didn't want to rock the boat. But assassin's creed rogue for example said $7 on the app but traded for $4 in store.
Did they take any fees for servicing the discs or not having a case?

I got cash too. After looking it up on the ipad, the employee updated the TIV with the reason: Promotion not found

One of my local Gamestops has started taking in Retro Trade Ins. (located in SoCal). I'm actually surprised tbh.

Makes me go. :( 

I find it funny that they phased them out, only to bring them back again. :lol: 

Also found out the TIVs for the Gamecube and Dreamcast is $20 and PS1 is $8.

One of my local Gamestops has started taking in Retro Trade Ins. (located in SoCal). I'm actually surprised tbh.

Makes me go. :(

I find it funny that they phased them out, only to bring them back again. :lol:

Also found out the TIVs for the Gamecube and Dreamcast is $20 and PS1 is $8.
SoCal has been taking retro trade-ins for a while now

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back