GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it show up in the app?

It's been about a month since I renewed.

I thought someone said they print on the receipt now.
mine showed up on the website, ill check and see if its on the app. mine didnt print up on the receipt, but the monthly coupon offers did.

edit: yes, it shows up in the app in the active offers for me at least.

Ive got 3 copies of the same game, two for PS3 and 1 for Wii. I should be okay trading them in all at once right?

Also I was really hoping the values might creep back up

Ive got 3 copies of the same game, two for PS3 and 1 for Wii. I should be okay trading them in all at once right?

ymmv on the 2 for PS3. I've got shot down in the last but other have had luck. Depends on the employee.

Official policy is only one title per platform at a time. So PS3/Wii at the same time should be fine, but you'd be better off trading in the second PS3 copy at a different store or at the same store but at a different time.

if a game is guaranteed $25, does it still get a boost with a preorder?
It does not. I just tried this yesterday with smash bros. for the 3DS. It was showing up at $26.80 and when the employee added the Pre-order, in my case Doom, the price for Smash bros. came back down to about $22. Hope this helps.

Values in the toilet right now. Time to lay low till this blows over
200.gif

Best Buy is having a sale which leads to some credit movers if you need it.

:pS4: Until Dawn $15.99 + tax - > $18.70 ($22.1 with 20%)

:pS4: Bloodborne $15.99 + tax -> $17.60 ($20.8 with 20%)

the $10 off coupons are up (energizer charger, remote control, both for ps4)

also, is the manage reward preference new? i dont remember it being there before but i dont pay much attention. if it is, way to add something that literally no one wants, auto issuing certificates. at least there is an option to stockpile points and it appears to be the default for Pro Members.

If you havent renewed or are just a basic member and have some points you might want to check your account, because from what i understand sometime around may 20th they will auto issue a reward certficate for basic members. sounds basically like best buy and their auto issuing for non elite/elite plus members.

Gamestop doing overnight for Uncharted 4?
just got back from gamestop and they were talking about it. they said only 6 showed up for battleborn and that they really dont get very many people in at midnight except for the call of duty games, but they have to do it anyway.

The area GS here in Maryland get the choice to do them. However, the District Manager strongly encourages them to have them for all big name games. I was surprised they had one for Twilight Princess HD. Two people came for that.

Was there some promo I was unaware of? I went in GS about 30 mins ago to trade in a used Dualshock 4 for credit towards the UC4 Dualshock 4 expecting $26.95 TIV w/ PUR (per their website), but after it was all said and done, I got $40.25 for the controller, only costing me $27.xx for the new one.

Wasn't sure where the bonus $10 promo on the receipt came from, but for all y'all who are unawares, used DS4's net over $40 in credit at the moment, so take advantage.

Was there some promo I was unaware of? I went in GS about 30 mins ago to trade in a used Dualshock 4 for credit towards the UC4 Dualshock 4 expecting $26.95 TIV w/ PUR (per their website), but after it was all said and done, I got $40.25 for the controller, only costing me $27.xx for the new one.

Wasn't sure where the bonus $10 promo on the receipt came from, but for all y'all who are unawares, used DS4's net over $40 in credit at the moment, so take advantage.
Only when you buy a Uncharted controller or headset.

Only when you buy a Uncharted controller or headset.
Ahh..explains why the rep tried to offer me the UC4 Gold Headset and the game as well...declined of course, seeing as how my copy is slated to get here today via UPS, and I just bought an Astro headset 2 weeks ago.

Sales probably low, games coming out at terrible time right after uncharted 4 and with overwatch coming soon and getting good publicity from beta
Right??? Why in the world would you release a game NOT in the fall AND right AFTER a major exclusive platform... Which is arguably the biggest exclusive release of the PS4 to-date, when the title (Doom) itself had a mediocre last release YEARS ago? Terrible, terrible idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back