GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason I have $10 extra that I never put down myself on my doom preorder😳 I only put $5 down towards it the 3 times I traded in but not gonna complain, happy to hear about the 50% tho values still suck

I guess we will have to wait and see what values tank but Until Dawn is $15.99 + tax at BB with GCU. It would trade in for $27.2 with the 50% at current values.

Bloodborne costs the same but would trade in for $25.6

Looks like I got the 10% off Pre Owned Games and Accessories with In Store Pick Up Coupon. I don't have to do in store pick up right?
How many items will the coupon work on?

When I used one of those 20% off coupons from a closing store, it only applied to around 5 items. I'm wondering if this 10% one has a limit too.

I've got a dilemma - my backlog is absolutely stupid.  Like 32 games with over 2/3 of them still in their original shrink wrap.

Money is going to be tight for me in the coming months due to a recent breakup.  I'll be assuming the entirety of the lease and bills at my little bachelor shack.  My income will take care of it with a modest amount left for food and an occasional small indulgence here and there.  

Would you guys go full boat on this 50% or wait for a chance at another summer flip-a-geddon?  I know you guys aren't my financial consultants - just wanted to hear some educated input.

I've got a dilemma - my backlog is absolutely stupid. Like 32 games with over 2/3 of them still in their original shrink wrap.

Money is going to be tight for me in the coming months due to a recent breakup. I'll be assuming the entirety of the lease and bills at my little bachelor shack. My income will take care of it with a modest amount left for food and an occasional small indulgence here and there.

Would you guys go full boat on this 50% or wait for a chance at another summer flip-a-geddon? I know you guys aren't my financial consultants - just wanted to hear some educated input.
It all depends. How are the values of your games? If they are decent to amazing, I would go all in. You can always use that credit to flip for the summer 50% bump

I've got a dilemma - my backlog is absolutely stupid. Like 32 games with over 2/3 of them still in their original shrink wrap.

Money is going to be tight for me in the coming months due to a recent breakup. I'll be assuming the entirety of the lease and bills at my little bachelor shack. My income will take care of it with a modest amount left for food and an occasional small indulgence here and there.

Would you guys go full boat on this 50% or wait for a chance at another summer flip-a-geddon? I know you guys aren't my financial consultants - just wanted to hear some educated input.
for me it depends on if i am getting close to or more than i paid for the game. if so its pretty easy to just get rid of it, but if im losing money and will eventually play it i just keep it. i dont think the values are going to be that great this time because alot of people reported that values went down lower than they were before the stealth bump.

Just saying CAG has some of the best financial consultants. Buy, Hold, Sell

With that said, if the 50% makes the game more than you paid or more than market price/used price I would trade it in. Ideally it is best to wait for a stealth bump with a 50% to maximize return on said investment. (Unfortunately you have to be careful about the ban hammer for amount traded in within 30 days.)

I've got a dilemma...
I'd go full scorched Earth on the backlog. I've done it in the past (most recently before move from Boston to Ohio), with the exception of rare/hard to find games. Most games depreciate while sitting on your shelf, not all but most, and dumping them during a bonus, in a time of need, seems like the logical approach.

I'd still cross-reference Amazon/BB and their trade values, as Amazon credit can be used directly on food/other gift cards and BB credit can be used on gas and restaurant cards.

Also if $ is tight you could always join a couple of survey sites, i.e. Viewpoint Forum, Pinecone, Your Word, as a way to supplement your miscellaneous budget. I'm currently in a comfortable position but I still find myself doing a survey or two while watching Sportscenter at night.

You could also turn credit at Gamestop into cash by flipping games found in store (and online) on eBay/Amazon. I'm far from a 'big' reseller (there are many on this site), but if you need some tips I'd be happy to help.

Ugh 50% a few weeks after that deleted tweet? I traded plenty of games to pay for UC4 and half of OVW with 30% extra but still irks me. I was going to get DOOM until I played the OVW beta but maybe I can trade something towards it now, dunno just feel like it will be $30-$40 by Independce Day

Time for a lowball auction?

If I trade in on Thursday with an existing preorder of Doom, can I just add $5 to the existing preorder to trigger the 50%?
It doesn't start until around 9 pm local time for stores doing midnights for Doom so no b/c even if your store is doing a midnight, they will likely make you do the pre-ring for a midnight copy.

Flip whatever you can to purchase essentials with the credit. Gas, amazon credit for household goods, food...

Get your priorities straight, then worry about game time.

So with Disney discontinuing Infinity and closing their video game dept Avalanche Studios, does that mean figurines and their games will drop or increase in value later on? Dunno if I should trade in stuff now or later lol

So with Disney discontinuing Infinity and closing their video game dept Avalanche Studios, does that mean figurines and their games will drop or increase in value later on? Dunno if I should trade in stuff now or later lol
no way these figures will increase in value,

Your talking about figures that been Buy 2 Get 3 free for the last few months.... Get out while you can (Keeping my star wars, besides that f**k you Disney)
178c633c697ae8cd744e4b0252d31dc0.jpg

Good thing I'm not keeping the game!
Sweet, preorder doom to get the 50% trade in bonus and then move it to a game I really want
No need for reviews...everyone will just buy it to get the bump & end up returning at their earliest convenience
With promotions like these I can buy the game and return it for all credit? Gamestop won't f*** me a la non-refundable coupon?

And I can trade over the amount that covers doom?

*same with the console trade in - the bump is not "non-refundable"?

With promotions like these I can buy the game and return it for all credit? Gamestop won't f*** me a la non-refundable coupon?
And I can trade over the amount that covers doom?

*same with the console trade in - the bump is not "non-refundable"?
Extreme YMMV, so you should be safe, but some CAGS including myself have run into dickhead managers that will try to either refuse the return or adjust the refund to negate the promo bump.

Extreme YMMV, so you should be safe, but some CAGS including myself have run into dickhead managers that will try to either refuse the return or adjust the refund to negate the promo bump.
Edit: oops I misread. If one of those two scenarios happen, just walk out and try at another store.

anonymous gamestop employee: trade bonus for Doom is jumping to 50% from 20% starting at Doom's Thursday night pre-ring/Friday.
Looks like Im off to trade some games on Wed or Thursday. Didnt get an email and I checked the app, here's hoping I get the 50% bonus have about $100 worth of stuff to dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back