GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else feel bad flipping? I get that some people want to get revenge or care very little for Gamestop but it seems like your just taking advantage of Gamestop at every chance you get and or frequently.
Have you ever witness gamestop associate reseal a "new" game in front of you? feelbadman

ps4 controller is still $44 credit after 50%

There is a firehouse subs next to GameStop so I went in there after flipping $220 bb to $340 gs.

Had a hook and ladder and it was okay.

Quick question: is it worth getting GCU for myself? I normally just ask a friend for me to place an order online but just wondering if it's really worth it for myself

Quick question: is it worth getting GCU for myself? I normally just ask a friend for me to place an order online but just wondering if it's really worth it for myself
It's so worth it you should just join as soon as you see this post don't scroll any further just go back to the Best Buy tab on your laptop and JOIN

They gave me $5 for half of a Five Guys burger and a melted chocolate milk shake. But the employee tried to go Jr Detective on me and say the Milk Shake was actually Vanilla.
Was it a limited edition Five Guys burger with the mustard stain on the wrapper? I'd have given you 10.

It's truly amazing how much they're giving for a lot of titles.

JC3/Siege: $40 -- have been $24 now and in the past.

Until Dawn: $32 -- has been $16/20 multiple times, especially BF

Rory Golf: $32 -- it was lke a $15 DOTD at Best Buy not too long ago
GTA V: $40 -- was $28 BB DOTD a few weeks ago

#PowerToThePlayers

So I'm at the stage of paranoia, just got done with a 90 day ban on the 1st, did 700$ in trade-ins on the 2nd & 3rd. I'm up to $850 in trade-ins today. I want to go again tomorrow but don't wanna be on the side lines for another 90.

Remember folks hard ban at $2000(might have changed). And that doesn't mean after having traded in $2000 as well, the transaction that puts you over $2000 gets you banned on the spot and you can't complete the transaction. This conjecture from last time.

And don't return uncharted or doom when it's tied to a $1000 trade. Cmon sometimes it's better to take the loss.
Alright guys I'm done for the month. $730 trade credit, $1800 in trades, ate the cost on doom and uncharted. wake me up for next months stealth bump.
Did you come out with $1,800 in GS trade value (while paying with $730 trade credit)? If you did, what was your total trade tally before your last trade? $2,000 is definitely the limit but iirc some members posted that trading in for less than $2K ($1,500?) was the real threshold.

So I'm at the stage of paranoia, just got done with a 90 day ban on the 1st, did 700$ in trade-ins on the 2nd & 3rd. I'm up to $850 in trade-ins today. I want to go again tomorrow but don't wanna be on the side lines for another 90.
If you did more than $1,500 you're close to the limit. There's a possibility you even hit the limit but you may not know that until your next trade in.

Another thing to consider is you can also get banned from excessive returns. So if you return UC4/Doom, you might need to factor that into your trade limit tally. My tip is to just sit on the return for a few weeks so that the rolling 30 days can catch up to your total.

Did you come out with $1,800 in GS trade value (while paying with $730 trade credit)? If you did, what was your total trade tally before your last trade? $2,000 is definitely the limit but iirc some members posted that trading in for less than $2K ($1,500?) was the real threshold.

If you did more than $1,500 you're close to the limit. There's a possibility you even hit the limit but you may not know that until your next trade in.

Another thing to consider is you can also get banned from excessive returns. So if you return UC4/Doom, you might need to factor that into your trade limit tally. My tip is to just sit on the return for a few weeks so that the rolling 30 days can catch up to your total.
Thanks for the heads up, looks like I am going to have to hand off all my extra purchases from Best Buy to a friend then so he can profit. I may have returned something a couple years ago nothing recent.

The two different totals of trades are split between 2 of my many accounts I have(long story) unfortunately they are all "connected" because associates at pawn law stores attached my license to it.

And having your credit put on a general gc instead of the shiny silver ones. Can't remember why I started doing that but ever tatic helps for staying under the radar. I decided to chill out and see if there's any funny business with the values tomorrow.
You don't actually need id.

So true . Made it a lot easier to get my 2nd.And having your credit put on a general gc instead of the shiny silver ones. Can't remember why I started doing that but ever tatic helps for staying under the radar. I decided to chill out and see if there's any funny business with the values tomorrow.

I've been led to believe that the limit for trade credit is ~$1000. Is it really that much higher than that?

Well it's not the 2 games I had for trade, Division & SF V, so I'm not canceling my Amazon sales.
fucking GameStop app not updating overnight. I checked it at the time of the quoted post above, saw the old values, then sent off my 2 games. I could have gotten $80 GS credit to pay off my Deus Ex CE instead of the $60 cash I got after fees from AZ selling.

Oh well I need 4 x Goblin Guides from Magic The Gathering and they're not getting reprinted so I need to buy them now while a playset only costs $160 instead of $200-$320.

So after class I went to my local BB to get the MineCraft Story Ed. all they had was a single one for xbox one and xbox 360 so i also got that Just Dance 2016 price matched with Amz; Also did the Target Price Match with BB plus the $50 giftcard, I must hit BB to late they are cleaned out in Southern California

My trade credit went over 1,000 today. The associate had to put the other credit on another trade card.
I missed all of the fun Friday. CAGs made it rain.

tumblr_n1fenopd0T1tss4xuo1_250.gif

I keep telling myself that one day I will stop with the GS flips. Then I look at my home gym (Rogue, Pendlay, Again Faster) and realized that everything was purchased by buying and selling video games.

There have been games to be flipped at gamestop? All week I didn't care about the 50% until I saw I could get 32 for until dawn and some other good values. Gotta get a gift receipt so I can return uncharted or doom though

question, I went to target and when I tried to price matched AC syndicate on ps4 & xbox1, the computer only allowed customer service to price match one of the games. Not both. Did anyone experience the same thing?  

question, I went to target and when I tried to price matched AC syndicate on ps4 & xbox1, the computer only allowed customer service to price match one of the games. Not both. Did anyone experience the same thing?
I experienced no problems at all today. Three different Targets...
One copy of Syndicate for PS4, one copy for XBox One, each price matched to $29.99, and no problems getting the $50 gift card back as part of the sale.
Honestly, could not have possibly gone any smoother than it did.

Today I went to buy a game and during the checkout the price was a bit higher than I thought.
I took a closer look and found that another product named GOG or something was added.
I asked what it is and the associate said it is protection for the game which I never asked for. He did not even mention it and just sneaked it in there.
I asked to remove it saying I don't need it.
Did this happen to any of you?

Oh, and I mildly burned him on the survey.

Today I went to buy a game and during the checkout the price was a bit higher than I thought.
I took a closer look and found that another product named GOG or something was added.
I asked what it is and the associate said it is protection for the game which I never asked for. He did not even mention it and just sneaked it in there.
I asked to remove it saying I don't need it.
Did this happen to any of you?

Oh, and I mildly burned him on the survey.
Looks like he added the Game Play Guarantee (GPG) to your transaction. He should have asked.

Speaking of that have any of your stores opted to display broken discs on the countertops? Local store has a slew of broken discs on display. They tell parents that if this happens to their kids game they will replace it and mention how its so easy to break things with new technology. Never once have I seen a parent turn this down. 

Will check my receipts to see if its been tacked on to me at some point without asking as it has never come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back