GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wtf I actually traded in up to $457.60 all cash. Good thing I finally calculated now I can only trade in $42.40 worth of stuff. I still have to trade in my last deadpool x1 copy. Was gonna get manhattan too..damn

Wtf I actually traded in up to $457.60 all cash. Good thing I finally calculated now I can only trade in $42.40 worth of stuff. I still have to trade in my last deadpool x1 copy. Was gonna get manhattan too..damn
Limits are for mortal people, not CAGs. Same goes for banning from GS. ;) Go crazy, trade in a few hundred more for cash and while you're there, kick down the magazine rack and toss some glitter like a bad mofo.

Yeah values haven't held. Picked up Lego Avengers for Wii U for $20 from Meijer and even though the app says $22, it rung up $15.40 at GS. Luckily they price adjusted for me and I didn't get stuck with it.

Values have not held. Everything is a lot lower in store. TMNT is down to 13.00
Yeah values haven't held. Picked up Lego Avengers for Wii U for $20 from Meijer and even though the app says $22, it rung up $15.40 at GS. Luckily they price adjusted for me and I didn't get stuck with it.
I have been out of the loop with Gamestop for a while. If I have the trades locked in on the app for the certain amount are they supposed to match it if the system is off or is that just YMMV on the employee?

I was just getting a Vita and so I was getting some stuff from GS today and planned on transferring some BB credit over to GS. I am not going to buy them if I will just be stuck with them..

I have been out of the loop with Gamestop for a while. If I have the trades locked in on the app for the certain amount are they supposed to match it if the system is off or is that just YMMV on the employee?

I was just getting a Vita and so I was getting some stuff from GS today and planned on transferring some BB credit over to GS. I am not going to buy them if I will just be stuck with them..
YMMV unfortunately.

Anyone trade in a Wii U lately? I just picked up a brand new Wii U 32gb from someone on Facebook for $125, so I'm planning on trading in my launch day console to offset the cost. What all is required? Console, gamepad, sensor bar, both power cables and HDMI?
Correct. Just make sure you do the system transfer if you've downloaded anything.

How bad is it if I trade stuff in to one store and get the extra 20% TIV with a purchase of a Razer product and then go down to another store and just return the Razer product the same day.. I am already going to two different stores to utilize my b2g1 coupon and stuff is at multiple stores and not having to make another trip to return the razer product and rebuy all the other stuff together would be nice.

How bad is it if I trade stuff in to one store and get the extra 20% TIV with a purchase of a Razer product and then go down to another store and just return the Razer product the same day.. I am already going to two different stores to utilize my b2g1 coupon and stuff is at multiple stores and not having to make another trip to return the razer product and rebuy all the other stuff together would be nice.
You have 30 days to return new merchandise, so just think of a reason to stop at a GS within that time period. At least that way you could even return it at the store where you bought it and say you changed your mind.

You have 30 days to return new merchandise, so just think of a reason to stop at a GS within that time period. At least that way you could even return it at the store where you bought it and say you changed your mind.
Right but I am using the b2g1 free coupon on stuff and I want to use that credit held up on the Razer product for the purchase.

Correct. Just make sure you do the system transfer if you've downloaded anything.
Thanks. Already done. I have a treasure trove of games, including those from the Mario Kart 8 promo a few years back.

I went to gamestop to cancel a preorder for Final Fantasy and saw that they were closed at noon time. Any good reason for that?
Robbery? Mine was closed in the middle of the day last month, turns out they were just moving the counters around and didn't want any customers getting in the way.

Right but I am using the b2g1 free coupon on stuff and I want to use that credit held up on the Razer product for the purchase.
You wouldn't rather put down $5 on a Madden 17 preorder for the 20% bonus and either cancel it after the game releases or transfer the deposit to some other game you might want?

You wouldn't rather put down $5 on a Madden 17 preorder for the 20% bonus and either cancel it after the game releases or transfer the deposit to some other game you might want?
I have gone all digital so preorders are useless to me. My problem is I recently got in a really bad accident and totalled my car. I currently am without one then (luckily I work remotely) and so I have to find cars to borrow/ bum rides at the moment. My one trip today is to two different Gamestop locations already and so it just seems easiest to trade in and get a physical product at the one store (where I am buying game A) and then just go to the other store (where I am already returning game A and rebuying it along with B & C for my B2G1) and just return the product there to use the credit on the purchase of the games.

I am just asking if people have done that before. According to their return policy and what not there is no problem in it as far as I can see, I was just curious of other peoples' experiences.

*edit*

Okay actually follow up question then because I seem to have missed something, can I just put $5 down towards the preorder even though am trading in tons of stuff and still get the extra credit separate all with the 20%? Again it has been a long time since I have dealt with Gamestop stuff like this so I am so old and out of the loop I feel like hah

I have gone all digital so preorders are useless to me. My problem is I recently got in a really bad accident and totalled my car. I currently am without one then (luckily I work remotely) and so I have to find cars to borrow/ bum rides at the moment. My one trip today is to two different Gamestop locations already and so it just seems easiest to trade in and get a physical product at the one store (where I am buying game A) and then just go to the other store (where I am already returning game A and rebuying it along with B & C for my B2G1) and just return the product there to use the credit on the purchase of the games.

I am just asking if people have done that before. According to their return policy and what not there is no problem in it as far as I can see, I was just curious of other peoples' experiences.
Technically, you're able to do that return, but it will almost definitely look suspicious since your receipt will show that you bought it that same day. I suppose if you really wanted to, you could argue that you don't have time to revisit the GS where you bought the Razer product and you'd rather spend that credit on something else.

But as I said, you don't have to pick up the preorder--just put down $5 today so you get the 20% extra on your trades, then cancel it during a random GS visit after the game's release later this month.

*edit*

Okay actually follow up question then because I seem to have missed something, can I just put $5 down towards the preorder even though am trading in tons of stuff and still get the extra credit separate all with the 20%? Again it has been a long time since I have dealt with Gamestop stuff like this so I am so old and out of the loop I feel like hah
Yes, you can return it at the store, but you do know what you're doing.

Yes, the system allows you to put just $5 down, but depends if the employee wants you to pay it off in its entirety, assuming you'll have well over that amount.

Never had an issue only putting down $5. Just say "I want credit for all this and I want to put $5 of it towards Madden 17." Don't mention the promo.

Damn. I saw Mutants in Manhattan at $27.50 around noon. Should have locked it in.

On the bright side, I hadn't even bought it from Best Buy yet (store is right across the parking lot from the GameStop).

Deadpool on 360 and Xbone have both dropped so I guess I'm no longer conflicted on which one to trade in, trading in neither. :bouncy:

Looks like they updated the webpage, I'm currently running a test query and it is showing the dumped TIV. I will repost it when it's done since the one that ran at 6AM PST TIV did not change from yesterday.

EDIT: So far it is ugly even with the 20% extra promo

Damn. I saw Mutants in Manhattan at $27.50 around noon. Should have locked it in.

On the bright side, I hadn't even bought it from Best Buy yet (store is right across from the GameStop).

Deadpool on 360 and Xbone have both dropped so I guess I'm no longer conflicted on which one to trade in, trading in neither. :bouncy:
Lucky you. I can't even save trade valeus on the app or website anymore. I'
ll wait till the weekend to trade my last deadpool copy. It can't possibly drop lower than that right?

this morning i saved the TIV's of TMNT and left for dead 2 cause i had a feeling they would drop.  low and behold they did.   went to gamestop to trade them and the manager did not want to give me the saved TIV saying that it was yesterdays TIV and not todays.  i agree except that i saved it at 4 am and technically it was for today.  of course he gave me this excuse  well our business days start at 8 am, and anything before that is considered yesterday.    wasn't going to argue  ended up going to another gamestop and that manager was a lot nicer.

this morning i saved the TIV's of TMNT and left for dead 2 cause i had a feeling they would drop. low and behold they did. went to gamestop to trade them and the manager did not want to give me the saved TIV saying that it was yesterdays TIV and not todays. i agree except that i saved it at 4 am and technically it was for today. of course he gave me this excuse well our business days start at 8 am, and anything before that is considered yesterday. wasn't going to argue ended up going to another gamestop and that manager was a lot nicer.
Shouldn't matter. In the app, if you click on the title in your saved list, it clearly says:

"This estimate expires today. Show this summary and product you are trading in to a game advisor."

If it were me, I'd burn him on a survey. But I don't tolerate bullshit like that.

Can't you just delete them one by one? Whenever I save a bunch and try to delete them all at once, it doesn't do it. But deleting them a few at a time works fine.
I used to delete em one by one but once I saved too many, It prevented me from saving tiv and viewing my saved trades

I signed up and I still have never received an eBay bucks promo. Get ready for continued disappointment.
I used to get them all the time but no longer get them in probably almost a year now & I am signed up for the promo, in case somehow it mysteriously became uncheckmarked

My homeboy deadpool tanked too?! oh well at least I get my money back plus a whopping 50 cents
trades to BBY for $14 for xb1 & ps4 btw

Uhoh! You got burn banned
lol i have the same issue, since earlier this year once I had got to 100 items saved. Their site wasn't coded to go that high I guess lol. What's awful is u can't save any new trades, and when your view your Saved Trade list, it says you have no saved trade values lol.

I used to delete em one by one but once I saved too many, It prevented me from saving tiv and viewing my saved trades
same, only way to save values in app now is create a brand new GS acct =(

Heres the new shitty TIV 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=0

On a more positive note I have fixed the first bug I was running into getting real in store prices for the $4.96 games where the program would stop the process abruptly somewhere between 5000-6000 games. It scans every game but now I have a new issue that it is gathering about 80% of the $4.96 in store prices leaving about 450 games with a blank instead of an in store price. Anyway I have in store prices listed too for most of these games for now. 

Lol saving values on the app is pretty much pointless if they won't honor them,Just got told when you save the value it's not the correct price so he wouldn't honor it.

Lol saving values on the app is pretty much pointless if they won't honor them,Just got told when you save the value it's not the correct price so he wouldn't honor it.
I use it as a running checklist of things I want to take for trade-in and as a reference for when the TIVs are known to not be right in store on a large scale, but I won't even bother trying to get an employee to adjust TIVs based on what is in the app if there is no known nationwide issue...

Yeah, I always though I never got them and was earning eBay bucks and the answer was apparently not. Makes no sense that you have to go find it on your own and sign up for it but whatever.
This is the exact thing that I thought. It's like just fucking sign me up automatically!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back