GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a basically brand new Gears 360 controller at GS several Novembers ago, and it's thankfully still working.

I wouldn't buy any controller there though that didn't look to be new.  And always test them when you get them.

Got a Gamestop email for deus ex: mankind divided. 20% extra on games and accessories, fine print below.

20% Extra Credit: Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the purchase or reservation of the new release software title Deus Ex. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid 8/15/16 - 8/28/16.

You know, I've heard about this and trading in cheap HDMI cables and MicroUSB cables as well. My question is, wouldn't that raise a flag when you are trading in more than one power adapter, moreso when you are not trading in the console with it? Are people buying the adapters in bulk lots of 6 or 10 and then spreading out trading in two at a time for each store or something?
I have 2 accounts so I buy 6 at a time. I trade in max two at one time and usually give a BS excuse like I got them at a garage sale. Sometimes the employee raises their eyebrows but the system doesn't flag it as long as you stay within the rules.

The bumper feels fine. Definitely clicks and games intermittently register the input, but it's much more of an effort and annoyingly inconsistent. The only thing I'd say is it's probably a little looser than the other bumper but you'd be thoroughly examining it to figure that out.

The A button getting stuck is a little more noticeable. Even if it doesn't get stuck on a press, there's a lack of pushback. I'll have to figure out a temporary solution for it or something.

It figures something fucks up on each controller, rather than 2 issues on one. I've been pretty good to these controllers too, my 360 controllers could take a lot more "abuse".
Damn I can't believe you're so concerned about bringing in a controller. Unless the rubber on the sticks is completely off, I've never had a controller refurbed. They just fiddle with them for two seconds and then take them in for full price, probably because controllers sell so fast for them regardless of what shape they're in.

Damn I can't believe you're so concerned about bringing in a controller. Unless the rubber on the sticks is completely off, I've never had a controller refurbed. They just fiddle with them for two seconds and then take them in for full price, probably because controllers sell so fast for them regardless of what shape they're in.
I've never had a problem either and just about every time something was wrong with it.

But this time my bumper button is pretty messed up. It works fine but if you push in the right way it pops out. I see a piece cracked off towards the center. I'm tempted to take it in cuz screw GS but if it does pop I know dude is just gonna look at me like wtf lol

we'll see but prob gonna try amazon first, halo master chief controller is right around what GS gives.

Buh bye slim adapters. I can't wait to hear how fucking stupid some of you are boomeranging these things
They haven't dropped even after several users stated they do 3 a month. If they do drop it will be most likely due to the price decrease not the amount of people trading it in. There is demand for it depending on the area as well.

God, I hate Gamestop. Call customer service about a package not arriving they contact UPS and state it was delivered. I contact UPS and they state it was not delivered and may be lost. I call them again saying they are lying and they give me the round around.

They haven't dropped even after several users stated they do 3 a month. If they do drop it will be most likely due to the price decrease not the amount of people trading it in. There is demand for it depending on the area as well.
Called to confirm, price is indeed $24, lost value on some redbox games I had left D:

So the web site estimate of $11 is incorrect?
What is so hard to understand in regards to what he just stated? If you don't believe him, either don't trade it in or call for yourself. By all means though, show the employee the estimate on the app and have them adjust it down. I'm sure they would be more than willing to oblige.

So the web site estimate of $11 is incorrect?
PSU's for both Xbox consoles and I think something else that is popular to trade in (maybe controllers) are almost always lower on the website and in the app then what they actually trade for. Inexplicably, of course.

What is so hard to understand in regards to what he just stated? If you don't believe him, either don't trade it in or call for yourself. By all means though, show the employee the estimate on the app and have them adjust it down. I'm sure they would be more than willing to oblige.
Unnecessary. Sometimes when someone asks a question the person answering the question provides the wrong answer so he was just confirming.

Your username is fitting.
I've never traded a power supply in before, so I was just asking. Thanks.

I guess I'm ignorant but why is boomeranging the adapters different than anything else we boomerang?
Because one argument can be made that the increase in trades just to cash out credit would hurt the TIV. The price and the supply of an item usually dictates that. Personally, if I ever trade one in, it's for a flip. Just cashing out seems like something you can do with other games instead of using the adapters. I prefer the safe long term view.

Because one argument can be made that the increase in trades just to cash out credit would hurt the TIV. The price and the supply of an item usually dictates that. Personally, if I ever trade one in, it's for a flip. Just cashing out seems like something you can do with other games instead of using the adapters. I prefer the safe long term view.
Who cares... Boomerang if you can. All those that complain about it can get left behind

Yeah you guys probably shouldn't boomerang the AC adapters if you're only gonna get just over $4 each. Not worth the risk if they take away that guaranteed $38.40 value for each during a 50% bonus credit promo.

Who cares... Boomerang if you can. All those that complain about it can get left behind
Enjoy your ~$16 profit if you flip four of them this month, and getting attention brought to yourself when you have to cancel multiple preorders. The rest of us will enjoy earning that much profit on one adapter alone during the 50% promo, if you goobers don't fuck it up for us.

Enjoy your ~$16 profit if you flip four of them this month, and getting attention brought to yourself when you have to cancel multiple preorders. The rest of us will enjoy earning that much profit on one adapter alone during the 50% promo, if you goobers don't fuck it up for us.

I will. Thanks!

Eat this adapter @ssholes I just ordered 50 slims from Alibaba. Going to make me some serious bank on top of my welfare check;-)

This post is a troll

So I have two Xbox One systems on hand that are probably going nowhere but down in value so I've been kicking around the idea of moving them towards an S model.  The problem is that I'm sure I won't be able to get GS to take two in one go when they're the same model.  So does anyone know of a more reasonable way to make this happen then pay $150 out of pocket then come back the next day, return, and trade the other system towards it?

Only thing I can potentially think of is if you get the extra $50 bump towards pre-ordering the Madden or Halo bundles since they're on the list.  Not sure if anyone's tried that yet though.

So I have two Xbox One systems on hand that are probably going nowhere but down in value so I've been kicking around the idea of moving them towards an S model. The problem is that I'm sure I won't be able to get GS to take two in one go when they're the same model. So does anyone know of a more reasonable way to make this happen then pay $150 out of pocket then come back the next day, return, and trade the other system towards it?

Only thing I can potentially think of is if you get the extra $50 bump towards pre-ordering the Madden or Halo bundles since they're on the list. Not sure if anyone's tried that yet though.
Yeah, I would probably trade it towards one of the pre-ordered versions. Seems like the easiest route.

So I have two Xbox One systems on hand that are probably going nowhere but down in value so I've been kicking around the idea of moving them towards an S model. The problem is that I'm sure I won't be able to get GS to take two in one go when they're the same model. So does anyone know of a more reasonable way to make this happen then pay $150 out of pocket then come back the next day, return, and trade the other system towards it?

Only thing I can potentially think of is if you get the extra $50 bump towards pre-ordering the Madden or Halo bundles since they're on the list. Not sure if anyone's tried that yet though.
They are on the list. And the GoW bundle.

you get more for putting it towards the new bundles?

I see it on the list but don't see anything about getting more.

For those looking for a decent deal on s model adapters. $49.99 plus FS. These are official and also come with the AV adapter. It's also for 4 units.

Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151931803840

Official Microsoft xbox 360 slim power supply adapter + AV cable set lot of 4

Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/371713136470

Official Genuine OEM Microsoft xbox 360 slim power supply brick AC cord

The second link is for $9.99 for one without AV cord. Much better. Anyway hope it helps you guys

Apologies if this has been answered before, but as far as trade promo towards the Xbone S is concerned, can I trade in both a PS4 and an original Xbone, or is the bump in trade value only limited to a single console?

I'm thinking maybe I can trade both towards a 500 GB model next week. 

Also, is there any chance of a TIV increase if my PS4 has a 2TB drive installed? Or should I just swap back to the 500 GB before trading?

Apologies if this has been answered before, but as far as trade promo towards the Xbone S is concerned, can I trade in both a PS4 and an original Xbone, or is the bump in trade value only limited to a single console?

I'm thinking maybe I can trade both towards a 500 GB model next week.

Also, is there any chance of a TIV increase if my PS4 has a 2TB drive installed? Or should I just swap back to the 500 GB before trading?
You should be able to trade both towards it without issue and get the bump on both. Swap back to the 500 GB, you won't get anything extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back