GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: thumb print scanners in California.

I have been told that it's county specific and at the request and or mandated by the sheriff's department. Counties with higher crime rates tend to have them but from what I can tell not all counties have them yet.

I have been told that it's county specific and at the request and or mandated by the sheriff's department. Counties with higher crime rates tend to have them but from what I can tell not all counties have them yet.
I think it is city specific in California, 6 stores in my county in 3 different cities require ID and finger print but 3 stores in 2 different cities also the same county require no id and no fingerprint.

i think its more city specific than county.

so, anybody trying to get a over $60 game free at gamestop with an xbox one purchase? target and amazon are handing out free expensive games like candy, i dont suppose gamestop will join in on the generosity.

Only if you post a Star Trek gif about it.
Well I did bring in my old XBO and a spare 360 in along with a bunch of games to trade for a XBO Slim. Then a bunch of other people showed up to buy Call of Duty BO III(? or was it Gears of War 4?). He was all like

post-43417-star-trek-red-shirt-mind-blown-reDv.gif

For reals though, I did put him through a lot of work. Made sure he got a perfect survey as I've been hearing from the employees that...well stuff's hitting the fan.

Ok cool. Just got rid of my fat One. With all these deals hitting, I think the universe is trying to tell me to buy a slim One...
0/2 on the $50 coopuns. I think this is the universe telling me not to get one, because I would have to think hard on it...although like Darby said, yesterday would have been better because of the inflated TIVs and I can't think of any games I would to actually own/play...

0/2 on the $50 coopuns. I think this is the universe telling me not to get one, because I would have to think hard on it...although like Darby said, yesterday would have been better because of the inflated TIVs and I can't think of any games I would to actually own/play...
Yeah i still havent gotten the email either, kinda shitty of gamestop to only give certain Pro members the coupon and others not, like you, maybe its just universe telling me i dont really need one.

I got the coupon on the app under active offers if anyone wants to check, not by email. Expires Oct 1st. Pro for two years, not with the free upgrade. Also don't have an xbox, so perhaps they skipped on people who bought one from them? I hate xbox anyway so it's useless to me, funny how it's a complete miss for gamestop, giving it to people who don't need it and not giving it to those who are interested.

I think this is targeted too. I am Pro member and haven't received the $50 off Xbox One coupon either in my active offers. I also purchased a new Xbox One from Gamestop 2 years ago. I guess they don't want people stacking the $50 + $75 for slim 360 or ps3 trade + $100 Xbox One trade.

I didn't get the $50 coupon either. Although I did get it the last time they had it a few months ago. I think it was around the time when the slim was first announced. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Just wanted to confirm what bill123 mentioned about the 50% trade COD promo. From 10/1 - 10/14, PowerUp Rewards members will get 50% (60% with Pro) for games and accessories trades towards the COD Infinite Warfare Legacy and Legacy Pro editions only.

Interesting. That's a first for a promo towards the CE version only. The preorder numbers must be abysmal so far.
Im sure they are. A lot of my friends play COD and none of them are talking about getting the new one, and the few that have basically said they are just gonna get it for Modern Warfare remastered and sell Infinate, so yeah Im betting the preorder numbers are abysmal.

I got the coupon on the app under active offers if anyone wants to check, not by email. Expires Oct 1st. Pro for two years, not with the free upgrade. Also don't have an xbox, so perhaps they skipped on people who bought one from them? I hate xbox anyway so it's useless to me, funny how it's a complete miss for gamestop, giving it to people who don't need it and not giving it to those who are interested.
does the $50 off coupon work on Xbox-S battlefield bundles?

That's a whole two weeks for a possible stealth bump, also if the values are insanely good I'll just get CoD then. So I guess they can make this work and actually sell some copies to people without much interest like myself.

Coupons says any new xbox one, so I guess not. But GS gets iffy with preorders so take it with a grain of salt.

They sent me the $50 coupon via email. Why is everyone going crazy over snagging the xbone one s?

Im sure they are. A lot of my friends play COD and none of them are talking about getting the new one, and the few that have basically said they are just gonna get it for Modern Warfare remastered and sell Infinate, so yeah Im betting the preorder numbers are abysmal.
Tell your friends good luck because confirmed the MW Remastered won't be playable unless the Infinite Warfare disc is in the console or they bought the digital copy.

Just wanted to confirm what bill123 mentioned about the 50% trade COD promo. From 10/1 - 10/14, PowerUp Rewards members will get 50% (60% with Pro) for games and accessories trades towards the COD Infinite Warfare Legacy and Legacy Pro editions only.
I really hate the fact that they made the collector's edition exclusive to Gamestop. And also the fact that it sucks, the only special thing about it is that it has a steelbook, soundtrack, season pass and digital goodies. No crazy mini-fridge or night vision goggles this time around. That being said, I love steelbooks but it may not be enough to sway me towards the CE. $120 collector's edition or the $64 (after GCU) Legacy edition at Best Buy with a $10 certificate if you pre-order? :drool:

They sent me the $50 coupon via email. Why is everyone going crazy over snagging the xbone one s?
Because with that coupon You can get an xbox one s with 2 basically new games right now for 300, if you get the madden bundle. Of which if you wanted you could flip back to gamestop next week or flip to best buy for 40 right now which mean u get the 1tb S for basically 260 plus a game .

Edit: Also out of curiousity did you just get the email or does it show up under your active offers as well?

My latest GS interaction:

"Hi, it says you have the Mega Man Legacy Collection Collector's Edition for 3DS. Just wanted to make sure you actually had it before I make the drive."

"Hmm, let me check. It's the one for $49.99 right? Yep, I've got one left right here."

"Oh okay, great. Can you check if the outer box has any dents or rips in it?"

"Looks perfect! I'll have it on hold for you."

20 miles and $3 in gas later, dude hands me an Amiibo box, Mega Man 3DS box, and stickers rubber banded together. Asked where the outer box was and said it was gone. Had to bite my tongue and walk out before I really went off on the guy.

Like what in the actual fuck? What purpose does this serve other than being a dick and wasting my time and money? Just SO goddamn irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back