GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if its been reported yet but Tony Hawk 5 for both consoles is 5.99 at redbox and trades for 16 credit with a PUR this weekend. Pretty damn good I did two for each console and ended up with $64 credit for $25 bucks.

Don't see it... Does it stack with the free game promo?
Coupon isn't showing up in my PRO account at the moment.

It depends on how the free game promo rings up at the POS. When I had bought the Xbone console that came with a free gift card last July/August, the value of the gift card was reduced against the console. So when I tried to redeem my $50 coupon against my bundle, the system wouldn't take the discount properly. In the end, the GA had to use the "promo not found" override on the second transaction since he did a post void on my first transaction (and I showed him that my coupon was still marked as redeemed in my PRO account). It was quite a hassle.

If the discount is taken against the game, I think the $50 coupon will work properly. But I think GS has updated their POS to have their promo item discount to be taken against the console instead.

I really want the gears xbox one but if I can get the Madden Bundle with a free game like Forza for 300 insted of the 450 the gears xbox is I dont think I could pass that up.

Coupon isn't showing up in my PRO account at the moment.

It depends on how the free game promo rings up at the POS. When I had bought the Xbone console that came with a free gift card last July/August, the value of the gift card was reduced against the console. So when I tried to redeem my $50 coupon against my bundle, the system wouldn't take the discount properly. In the end, the GA had to use the "promo not found" override on the second transaction since he did a post void on my first transaction (and I showed him that my coupon was still marked as redeemed in my PRO account). It was quite a hassle.

If the discount is taken against the game, I think the $50 coupon will work properly. But I think GS has updated their POS to have their promo item discount to be taken against the console instead.
well, the email is formatted in a way that the coupon is on top and the promo for the free game is below and there is a plus in between, so it shouldn't be too hard to get them to honor what the email says.

If you've got a Hastings nearby it might be worth checking for flips.

It's YMMV since they're all being liquidated, but mine had all their old rental games for $10 each. I picked up Minecraft Story Mode x 2, Rory Mcilroy Golf, MLB the Show 16 and a couple of others that will net a decent profit. 

Plus I got to dance on the grave of Hastings. 

Just want to bring this up. Minecraft story mode complete edition got announced with all 8 episodes on one disc. MSRP is $30 and you can trade in the season pass disc for ~$20 and I went ahead and traded that and Terraria to pay it off.

Im gonna bet either not everyone is getting those Xbox one Coupons for some reason or they are gonna be sent out periodically over the week because I have still yet to recieve an email and nothing showing under my active offers either.  

Im gonna bet either not everyone is getting those Xbox one Coupons for some reason or they are gonna be sent out periodically over the week because I have still yet to recieve an email and nothing showing under my active offers either.
Ditto, cause I wouldn't mind not having to do the extra effort of flipping the GS credit to BBY credit.

Looks like Gamestop doesn't allow you to buy eBay GCs anymore with GS credit.  I was able to do it a few months ago in-store.

I tried to do it today, I swiped my Pro card and they said that you can only buy them using cash.

Looks like Gamestop doesn't allow you to buy eBay GCs anymore with GS credit. I was able to do it a few months ago in-store.

I tried to do it today, I swiped my Pro card and they said that you can only buy them using cash.
That's been rolling out for awhile. You can't buy Amazon, eBay, or gas cards. It finally completely died the end of July.

That's been rolling out for awhile. You can't buy Amazon, eBay, or gas cards. It finally completely died the end of July.
Thanks for the confirm -- pretty shitty of Gamestop. I refuse to use my credit to buy games there because of better discounts elsewhere (GCU), so the only thing left are the other GCs / gaming cards or hardware/accessories, or perhaps GS exclusive CEs, whatever few there are.

They did have PSN 1-year sub cards for $49.99 up there still (before the price hike), but they would not activate. CSR told me that they are supposed to replace all of them next Tuesday.

Thanks for the confirm -- pretty shitty of Gamestop. I refuse to use my credit to buy games there because of better discounts elsewhere (GCU), so the only thing left are the other GCs / gaming cards or hardware/accessories, or perhaps GS exclusive CEs, whatever few there are.

They did have PSN 1-year sub cards for $49.99 up there still (before the price hike), but they would not activate. CSR told me that they are supposed to replace all of them next Tuesday.
While people can bitch all the want, fact is most stores do not allow you to buy gift cards with gift cards and visa versa, its actually amazing gamestop let it happen the entire time. Stores get basically nothing from selling giftcards unless its their own gift cards so it makes sense for gamestop to do this. Its not really shitty of them, its just simple basic business principle.

so, can someone explain to me the pricing on the slim final fantasy xv ps4 bundle? $450 for a slim ($300) and a deluxe version of final fantasy xv ($90) so are they really charging an extra $60 for the 1 tb vs 500gb? im hoping its suppose to be a pro.

so, can someone explain to me the pricing on the slim final fantasy xv ps4 bundle? $450 for a slim ($300) and a deluxe version of final fantasy xv ($90) so are they really charging and extra $60 for the 1 tb vs 500gb? im hoping its suppose to be a pro.
$60 is the for premium paint job (edit: and the bigger hard drive), I'm pretty sure it's just the slim model

While people can bitch all the want, fact is most stores do not allow you to buy gift cards with gift cards and visa versa, its actually amazing gamestop let it happen the entire time. Stores get basically nothing from selling giftcards unless its their own gift cards so it makes sense for gamestop to do this. Its not really shitty of them, its just simple basic business principle.
store credit is store credit

it should be used to purchase anything within the store.

if they are not making any money from selling something, then perhaps they should not sell it.

I just filled out a survey for the Gamestop person that helped me.  They did a GREAT job.  I rarely run into a bad Gamestop employee.  I gave very positive marks for everything.  I recommend others help out employees who help you and do their job.

However, It was a sad moment when I read the new "message" from the president and vice president of the companies' U.S. branch.  Wow.

I went full grammar Nazi (trust me, I know I mess up but I'm also not the top brass of a company sending a message to the country).  I also turned up the "crazy meter" mostly for fun.  If you want to read my survey, it's below:

FIRST the good stuff (basically my whole visit):  The clerk was super friendly, knew what he was talking about, and was very efficient.  Everything was organized well in the store and there was a positive atmosphere.  Nice and clean, too!  I had a great experience!  10/10.

NOW for the feedback survey itself, which needs some feedback.  You need to have a "not applicable" option for some of your questions.  I am guessing your employees get rated on if I say "yes" or "no" to the question about if the associate told me about saving by getting pre-owned.  I WALKED UP TO THE COUNTER with a pre-owned game in my hand!  If I put "no" I am guessing this person would get dinged.  That would be STUPID!  Secondly, the introduction screen to the survey by the main gentlemen at Gamestop (Mike and Jason) is EMBARRASSING!!!  Here are some quotes from their message: "Our passion is to create memorable experiences by making guest services out top priority."  It should read OUR, not OUT.   "Our training programs are gears towards ..." ...this sentence should use the word GEARED.  "We believe that our associates are the most knowledgeable, passionate and experienced that make the most popular technologies affordable and simple."  This sentence MAKES NO SENSE.  Do your associates make the most popular technologies affordable and simple?  Do they set the prices?  When I read their message I feel like I'm playing a "quickly translated for the U.S." Konami game from the 80's.   "Thank you for visiting and we look forward to servicing you in one of our stores again in the near future." Based on the rest of the message I don't think I want any "servicing" from Mike and Jason.  It may come with a wink and a hush.

Love, Paul Dunscomb 

I just filled out a survey for the Gamestop person that helped me. They did a GREAT job. I rarely run into a bad Gamestop employee. I gave very positive marks for everything. I recommend others help out employees who help you and do their job.

However, It was a sad moment when I read the new "message" from the president and vice president of the companies' U.S. branch. Wow.

I went full grammar Nazi (trust me, I know I mess up but I'm also not the top brass of a company sending a message to the country). I also turned up the "crazy meter" mostly for fun. If you want to read my survey, it's below:

FIRST the good stuff (basically my whole visit): The clerk was super friendly, knew what he was talking about, and was very efficient. Everything was organized well in the store and there was a positive atmosphere. Nice and clean, too! I had a great experience! 10/10.

NOW for the feedback survey itself, which needs some feedback. You need to have a "not applicable" option for some of your questions. I am guessing your employees get rated on if I say "yes" or "no" to the question about if the associate told me about saving by getting pre-owned. I WALKED UP TO THE COUNTER with a pre-owned game in my hand! If I put "no" I am guessing this person would get dinged. That would be STUPID! Secondly, the introduction screen to the survey by the main gentlemen at Gamestop (Mike and Jason) is EMBARRASSING!!! Here are some quotes from their message: "Our passion is to create memorable experiences by making guest services out top priority." It should read OUR, not OUT. "Our training programs are gears towards ..." ...this sentence should use the word GEARED. "We believe that our associates are the most knowledgeable, passionate and experienced that make the most popular technologies affordable and simple." This sentence MAKES NO SENSE. Do your associates make the most popular technologies affordable and simple? Do they set the prices? When I read their message I feel like I'm playing a "quickly translated for the U.S." Konami game from the 80's. "Thank you for visiting and we look forward to servicing you in one of our stores again in the near future." Based on the rest of the message I don't think I want any "servicing" from Mike and Jason. It may come with a wink and a hush.

Love, Paul Dunscomb
You must have visited Deader's store. They're the best in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back