GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
About to start my flipping  run , whats the easiest way to remove that barcode around the center of the disk from redbox????

Trading in $600 worth of stuff makes me cringe on realizing how much I spent on it....oh wait I bought majority of it on sale so winning. 

Only problem is what to spend it on. I was planning on getting the Gears of War Xbone S but one of the big selling point was the game but one of my house mate bought a gtx 1070 and gave me his gears code and considering whats going on the resale value of the gears digital code is tanking super hard. 

i'm more interested in the 2tb cause I dislike hooking an external hd to the system, but I can probably wait for Amazon warehouse to have it for 300-350ish >_>

Wait, what are you guys spending your GS money on? 

Trading in $600 worth of stuff makes me cringe on realizing how much I spent on it....oh wait I bought majority of it on sale so winning.

Only problem is what to spend it on. I was planning on getting the Gears of War Xbone S but one of the big selling point was the game but one of my house mate bought a gtx 1070 and gave me his gears code and considering whats going on the resale value of the gears digital code is tanking super hard.

i'm more interested in the 2tb cause I dislike hooking an external hd to the system, but I can probably wait for Amazon warehouse to have it for 300-350ish >_>

Wait, what are you guys spending your GS money on?
Only viable options imo would be a console. Ps4pro. Xbox one s. Or Nx when tjat gets announced since credit for gift cards is pretty much completely dead unless you wanna get 600 bucks worth of Taco Hell.

Only viable options imo would be a console. Ps4pro. Xbox one s. Or Nx when tjat gets announced since credit for gift cards is pretty much completely dead unless you wanna get 600 bucks worth of Taco Hell.
I'm sure my asshole would appreciate not going through $600 worth of Taco Hell but then again I could possibly score a PSVR after 109 big boxes. :pray:

Isn't Disney Infinity 3.0 edition a boomerang for 360?

$14.99

Game alone trades in for 16 after promo

And there is more than just the game

Loose lips sink ships
You mean to tell me that posting in detail often multiple times a day for several months in a thread with 10x more lurkers than contributors about power adapter flipping caused the TIVs to get nuked? I don't believe you.

11aff03b5610b40082f9218bd21a29c0.jpg

Edit: I remember recently on two different occasions at Gamestops overhearing the employees tell customers to just trade the adapter and controller rather than the whole console because they would get more credit. They probably have so much stock now of adapters it isn't even funny.

That link between worlds Fry's PM is sweet but requires a manager override. If your local BB manager is a stickler for the rules, be ready to accept defeat since technically it most likely isn't in stock at your local Fry's.

Sigh. Bought Deadpool at Redbox and got a paper disc for the first time. Now to contact Redbox. What a hassle. F those who does this shxt.

Same here and they always want you to return the disc so someone else can buy it and complain about it. I'm waiting for my payment to go through so they can refund me smh

A local GameStop still has $49.99 psn+ cards and won't charge $60 until they run out. This is in Lake Mary FL but I'm guessing it's any GS with the old cards.

My local GS started throwing away cases and manuals for all PS3 and 360 games under $15! They had a lot of uncommon ones gutted to save space for GOW 4 Xbox One S displays!

ive been trading mine in with old dvd cases. I dont know why I have so many old DVD cases but they work well and seem to be better than the redbox ones.
For one if your trading in games with cases then your doing it wrong. You can make an extra 1-2 dollars selling the cases and thn even more selling boxart/manuals if the game has any. While yes i realize its annoying if you wanna buy a "complete" used game seeing as how gamestop and pretty much anywhere do not require case for full value your dumb to trade in the case when you can always make more money keeping them.

For one if your trading in games with cases then your doing it wrong. You can make an extra 1-2 dollars selling the cases and thn even more selling boxart/manuals if the game has any. While yes i realize its annoying if you wanna buy a "complete" used game seeing as how gamestop and pretty much anywhere do not require case for full value your dumb to trade in the case when you can always make more money keeping them.
My self-respect is worth more than $2 though.

sorry, i work for a living, i game for fun, not interested in trying to sell cases and artwork for pennies. all the power to those that have the free time and patience to do it, but i couldnt care less, my time is worth more.

I don't mind ripping off GameStop but it feels like a dick move to screw over people who buy preowned games. The thought of trying to actually sell cases and manuals sounds horrible. Best way would be through eBay and then you have to deal with fees and shipping. You'd make a couple bucks at best. I'll pass.

I don't mind ripping off GameStop but it feels like a dick move to screw over people who buy preowned games. The thought of trying to actually sell cases and kmanuals sounds horrible. Best way would be through eBay and then you have to deal with fees and shipping. You'd make a couple bucks at best. I'll pass.
I just keep mine as replacement cases for times when I buy games with steelbooks or games from redbox. I dont usually keep my games or movies in the steelbook cases they come in because then they are more prone to getting scratched and such so when i dont trade in a case thats usually why. And obviously a lot of people must think like me because id venture to say prob roughly half of the used games at gamestops around me are in generic cases.

I just keep mine as replacement cases for times when I buy games with steelbooks or games from redbox. I dont usually keep my games or movies in the steelbook cases they come in because then they are more prone to getting scratched and such so when i dont trade in a case thats usually why. And obviously a lot of people must think like me because id venture to say prob roughly half of the used games at gamestops around me are in generic cases.
well, that and its alot easier to steal just the disc

Glad I traded my adapters yesterday. Thank you to the person who pointed out the Saturday nerf. Perhaps lots of people dumped adapters yesterday.

Luckily a lot of the target clearance ones have held.

Glad I traded my adapters yesterday. Thank you to the person who pointed out the Saturday nerf. Perhaps lots of people dumped adapters yesterday.

Luckily a lot of the target clearance ones have held.
Amazon delivered all mine today. Late. I ordered Wednesday. I had a bad feeling it would happen. $144 to $96

I can also confirm the $10 base for the E adapter. Luckily I just had one from a console. I haven't tried to trade an adapter in at least a year. It figures it gets nuked the day I actually try one.

I bought the xbox E console from a GS customer for $10 a few weeks ago after the GS employee told them they get more credit for just the controller and E adapter. I powered on the console and found a Red Dead Redemption disc that I traded for $9.60... so the console itself was sort of .40 cents in the end. GS employees telling customers this method of getting more credit couldn't have helped the adapter TIV.

My local GS started throwing away cases and manuals for all PS3 and 360 games under $15! They had a lot of uncommon ones gutted to save space for GOW 4 Xbox One S displays!
That is annoying. I know they're old dead consoles, but they should try to hold on to the ones with actual cover art for another year or so. The ones in generic GS black gases with generic GS printed artwork can be tossed out for all I care.

dual shock 4 base is now 24.50- thats what my wife got tonight.

also the employee doesnt know the difference between the 3.5 aux xbox controller or the xbox 360 adapters because he gave her the lowest valued unit for  each...

edit: and i should send her with a detailed list with values on it cuz this isnt the first time shes gotten one pulled over on her. also the idiot employee got her account banned because he rung up too many of the wrong things..

dual shock 4 base is now 24.50- thats what my wife got tonight.

also the employee doesnt know the difference between the 3.5 aux xbox controller or the xbox 360 adapters because he gave her the lowest valued unit for each...

edit: and i should send her with a detailed list with values on it cuz this isnt the first time shes gotten one pulled over on her. also the idiot employee got her account banned because he rung up too many of the wrong things..
Or stop using your wife to do your dirty work...

I don't mind ripping off GameStop but it feels like a dick move to screw over people who buy preowned games. The thought of trying to actually sell cases and manuals sounds horrible. Best way would be through eBay and then you have to deal with fees and shipping. You'd make a couple bucks at best. I'll pass.
Lol, I used a fee calculator and for the prices most cases sell for the profit range is literally $0.50 to $2. And that's if it sells and the work that goes into listing, shipping, idiotic customers who can't read a descripion and think a disc is included, etc. Not to mention if it doesn't sell your house is going to look like hoarders with cases everywhere.

Just sign up for different accounts?
thats kinda what that is. unfortunately for me all but 3 of the driveable gamestops require ID for trade and 1 of the non id ones has this female manager with no personality, resting fuck face, and makes me feel like im doing something wrong when I go in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back