GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did 2 copies today, no issues with either. Would have went for a third but I don't feel like getting Jr. Detective'd or banned somehow.

Miss the days where these sort of easy flips happened more often.

Didn't go bananas with the TESO as I just did one. With my leftover credit and the flip, grabbed a $50 Amazon gift card in the hopes of maybe something good to come from Prime Day. 

Does anyone know exactly how trade in's are tracked? There doesn't seem to be much consistency in the process; some stores need to see your ID but some don't and a select few requires finger prints (this must be due to local laws). Are they tracked using your personal information on the Power Up Rewards card/ID or is it simply just tracked through the PUR account alone?

Does anyone know exactly how trade in's are tracked? There doesn't seem to be much consistency in the process; some stores need to see your ID but some don't and a select few requires finger prints (this must be due to local laws). Are they tracked using your personal information on the Power Up Rewards card/ID or is it simply just tracked through the PUR account alone?
PUR and/or ID

If the store requires ID, that is tracked also.

Yea, I have Witcher 3 which I can't wait to play... Except I own a copy for XB1 and I want it for PS4. So I will trade it in tomorrow hopefully for $48.

#NotHatingJustSaying #MaybeJustALittle

Well MLB 15 is showing $18 base still and I have it locked for 7/13.  Have a few 50% coupons to use

I also happen to have a b2g1 coupon which expires 7/14.  Anyone know a good way to use this for building GS or BB credit?

Question. I recently started trading in 360 slim adapters. I knew I couldn't go to crazy without getting banned. I traded in two using my PUR account and two without it but they did still enter information about me. So can I safely trade in two more today without getting banned? Thanks

Question. I recently started trading in 360 slim adapters. I knew I couldn't go to crazy without getting banned. I traded in two using my PUR account and two without it but they did still enter information about me. So can I safely trade in two more today without getting banned? Thanks
Did they use your ID in the first two transactions? (the ones with PUR)

They all know me by name so the first two for sure used my PUR account. The second two I told them I didn't want to use my account but they still entered my name and address etc but I didn't get the bump

---sorry for the double post. i was just wonder  how  to do that promo and interested if  can i combine the 50% bonus coupon

You can get 40$ for a dualshock 4 for or 35$ for an X1 controller with the 50% coupon right now .

It's one or the other. Can't combine. So better off taking the 50% coupon promo if you have one.
thank you for the quick responses. It look like it would be best if i took the red controller promo instead of the 50% bump. That promo states $30 extra towards the red controller.

thank you for the quick responses. It look like it would be best if i took the red controller promo instead of the 50% bump. That promo states $30 extra towards the red controller.
No, it says $30 credit towards the red controller, so you'd be getting less. The word "extra" isn't used.

309_260_SS_magmatrade.jpg

No, the summer sale would only get you $30 on the controller where the 50% coupon would get you $40 on a dualshock 4 and $35.20 on an Xbox one controller.

No, it says $30 credit towards the red controller, so you'd be getting less. The word "extra" isn't used.

309_260_SS_magmatrade.jpg

No, the summer sale would only get you $30 on the controller where the 50% coupon would get you $40 on a dualshock 4 and $35.20 on an Xbox one controller.

From the Store locator page it has Special offers & events section on the bottom.

http://www.gamestop.com/stores

99x121_PS4MagmaController_2.jpg

Get $30 Extra Credit
Toward the purchase of a new Red Magma PS4 Controller when you trade your PS4 or Xbox One Wireless first party Controller

From the Store locator page it has Special offers & events section on the bottom.

http://www.gamestop.com/stores

99x121_PS4MagmaController_2.jpg

Get $30 Extra Credit
Toward the purchase of a new Red Magma PS4 Controller when you trade your PS4 or Xbox One Wireless first party Controller
I'd sooner trust the image I posted which is on the main trade-in page, but I suppose you could argue for it. Don't get your hopes up, though.

Anyone have a spare code laying around? Tried getting one earlier in the week but nothing printed out, and the employee was just as confused.

Someone in the other thread posted he got 45$ for trading in a dualshock 4 towards a magma red one with the 50% coupon . He got an extra 5$ on top of the 40$ for just the 50% and pur . Base is 25$ so the extra 5$ must of came from the magma red promo bring it up to 30$ and stacking the 50% and pur on the base value . Going to try later trading an X1 contoller towards the magma red . If it works it should be 22$ base + 8$ (magma promo) + 11 (50%) + 2.2$ (pur) = 43.20 total . If anyone tries it post back .

Just burned the shit out of the cashier that tried to charge me refurb fees for games without cases.

The amusing part is that after I called her on her bullshit, she had to void the transaction and rering it without the refurbs.  But she didn't have another 50% coupon in the trash, so she had to manually adjust the TIVs, so I got a bit extra because of that.

Just burned the shit out of the cashier that tried to charge me refurb fees for games without cases.

The amusing part is that after I called her on her bullshit, she had to void the transaction and rering it without the refurbs. But she didn't have another 50% coupon in the trash, so she had to manually adjust the TIVs, so I got a bit extra because of that.
Meanwhile at my GameStop a few months ago when their Kingdom Hearts was missing a case, the employee gave me a sweet discount and felt bad. He's awesome, glad you called her out lol

The amusing part is that after I called her on her bullshit, she had to void the transaction and rering it without the refurbs. But she didn't have another 50% coupon in the trash, so she had to manually adjust the TIVs, so I got a bit extra because of that.
Did she have an attitude or something?

[quote name="Darby27" post="12800423" timestamp="1436837108"]She has worked there for around 3+ years. Long enough to know the policy.[/quote]
Sounds like not for much longer though...

GameStop removes the TIV from the website when they put a game on sale. You have to call a store to get the value.
Or check the app if you have a supported mobile device. Even though they get removed from the website, you can still find values there (iOS at least, I assume Android is the same).

Or check the app if you have a supported mobile device. Even though they get removed from the website, you can still find values there (iOS at least, I assume Android is the same).
Yes, checking the app usually gives you the values. I traded in destiny for the xb1 yesterday for 12 base which is consistent with the app value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back