GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
ha yea it's a pain getting regular exclusives from target and getting chases from anywhere is even harder so yea it's gonna be a bitch. I think this is there first chase exclusive on top of that.

There will be only one DPCI. Funko's come in box of 6 and when there's a chase variant 1 of the 6 in the box will be a chase. Most are already saying they're willing to pay scalper prices for it instead of hunting for it and I think I might be in same boat. Hunting down chases at any store is hard, I have yet to see one "in the wild" for regular price.
Man that blows. Is there a ballpark on how expensive it can get? I wouldn't care about box condition or being patient if it means prices go down. Idk what comparable pop to search on eBay.

Thanks for the info you've provided so far.

Man that blows. Is there a ballpark on how expensive it can get? I wouldn't care about box condition or being patient if it means prices go down. Idk what comparable pop to search on eBay.

Thanks for the info you've provided so far.
it's all over the place price wise depending on popularity. normal sized funko chases can range from $25-100+ (maleficent hot topic chase is going for over 100 right now) and drop in price over time. Most seem to be around that $30-40 mark.

I actually don't think there has ever been a 6 inch chase so would be hard to compare it to anything but it really comes down to how many are out there and how bad people want it which varys from each funko. If I had to guess I'd say around 50-100. I think around 75 is my limit but we'll see when it comes out :D

it's all over the place price wise depending on popularity. normal sized funko chases can range from $25-100+ (maleficent hot topic chase is going for over 100 right now) and drop in price over time. Most seem to be around that $30-40 mark.

I actually don't think there has ever been a 6 inch chase so would be hard to compare it to anything but it really comes down to how many are out there and how bad people want it which varys from each funko. If I had to guess I'd say around 50-100.
At least that's not too crazy. Maybe I can cut into the cost by trading GS exclusives

Those Destiny pops look sweet gonna have to grab a couple.

Is there no trade bonus for buying Yooka Laylee anymore? Starting to plan out trades for the next stealth bump.

Hmm, hope to easily find some pre owned MK8D's to move to BB. Even losing $5 or so on each would be far and away made up by having money to buy stuff like Hello Kitty, Plants v Zombies from BB.

Can confirm that Rime for Switch works with the bonus. The employee did a mock trade and Injustice 2 went from $25 to $35.
That's awesome thanks for checking it out. For those unaware, means we have a 40% boost (50% with Pro) for a $5 preorder through the 28th which should include the potential end of month stealth boost weekend. And since the game still doesn't have a firm release date for Switch (GS lists it as 12/31 and Target and BB show 8/31) you'd be fine moving the preorder deposit to a different preorder with little to no problem if you choose.

TL;DL - Rime Switch preorder $5 + stealth boost weekend 5/26-5/28 + ??? = Profit!

the target exclusives have been one big shitfest. You basically need to get it day one or you're screwed. I can't even imagine how hard the chase is gonna be to get, employee's are gonna be nabbing them all.

but yea prob gonna grab them :D
Target usually receives 1-2 shipments of the exclusive, unless they are a bigger store. 3-4 shipments. those pops have a release date but can be purchased earlier cause its not a hard street date. i have to limit one of each if not people want to buy them all. other stores vary.

Those Destiny pops look sweet gonna have to grab a couple.

Is there no trade bonus for buying Yooka Laylee anymore? Starting to plan out trades for the next stealth bump.
I believe that ended on the 7th. There are lots of alternatives though, detailed at www.gamestop.com/trade.

Target usually receives 1-2 shipments of the exclusive, unless they are a bigger store. 3-4 shipments. those pops have a release date but can be purchased earlier cause its not a hard street date. i have to limit one of each if not people want to buy them all. other stores vary.
some have been getting street dates so it can't be sold early like the Qui Jon Jin funko and the buff summer/rick sddc excusive (were a couple days late before they added a street date on that).

yea there should more more than one shipment but I'm almost positive the RE tyrant funko never restocked in my area, anther target exclusive and granted the qui jon was a star was convention exclusive target only sent one shipment out to stores.

Just saying there is a chance of only getting one shipment and it's just easier to jump on it right away than wait and stalk brickseek for weeks after the release or to pay up for it on ebay.

What's that GameStop Plus logo on the bottom of the electronics page? Are there like Super Kmarts of Gamestops that carry call phones and iPods in store like they did until a couple of years ago?

wow, some gems in there, or maybe i dont look at the game's quality anymore and just see future flip opportunities.
9518898.jpg

Thanks BBeard, employees were super helpful with a 4 for 20 list, as usual.

"Whatever's in the bin outside, is what's part of the sale"

Of course I found all the games I wanted inside on the shelves.

Blackbeard, do you think you could add a column to the 'BB and GS TIV Comparison' tab that would show GS to BB credit when using a B2G1 coupon to purchase the games at GameStop?

Now that GS is selling Amazon cards again, I know this might not seem as important to some, but a lot can still be said for burning a B2G1 coupon at GS for this reason.

Thought I would ask.  Thank you for all you do sir!

If anyone is interested, below are beta codes for Destiny 2 (PS4) and Call Of Duty World War II (PS4).

D2: L7V-Y7C-96H

COD WW II: MT0V-96HRE-VKQ8
(The zero may be the letter O in the first string. I can't really tell.)

Please post when they have been redeemed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If anyone is interested, below are beta codes for Destiny 2 and Call Of Duty World War II.

D2: L7V-Y7C-96H

COD WW II: MT0V-96HRE-VKQ8
(The zero may be the letter O in the first string. I can't really tell.)

Please post when they have been redeemed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
redeemed the Destiny 2 beta, already have one for COD myself. thank you very much! :)

Point theft saga update- got with the store leader today, called the store support line. Very helpful and very fast, restored the full amount of points to my account without me asking, on the condition that I change everything on my account(password, email, security question), and then looks up those two mystery purchases. Turns out they were both made at a store in Atlanta Georgia on the 9th. So they have everything: store number, transaction number, associate who made the sale- so they are going to call the store this week and see what more they can get for info.

I'm glad to finally get some traction, and I'm really glad the manager has helped me. He got really pissed off about the last customer service rep from the last update lol.

Point theft saga update- got with the store leader today, called the store support line. Very helpful and very fast, restored the full amount of points to my account without me asking, on the condition that I change everything on my account(password, email, security question), and then looks up those two mystery purchases. Turns out they were both made at a store in Atlanta Georgia on the 9th. So they have everything: store number, transaction number, associate who made the sale- so they are going to call the store this week and see what more they can get for info.

I'm glad to finally get some traction, and I'm really glad the manager has helped me. He got really pissed off about the last customer service rep from the last update lol.
That's awesome. I'm glad everything worked out for you in the end.

Man, I really wish I had an Xbox One right about now since Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Evil Within, Gears of War / Rare Replay, and Dragon Age Inquisition are all a part of the 4 for $20.

I never get anything from these 4/$20 sales, but I see myself getting at least two sets this time. Either the games are better this time or I just don't pay attention to their selection during these past sales. Knowing me I probably wasn't paying attention. Lol.

Which store? I'll go in tomorrow and raise a storm lol

m.poweruprewards.com -> card activty

Go to the 9th and find the purchases from Georgia and you can see the store number.

Made a quick run tonight and picked up 8 games off the list and traded in 6 towards $10 preorder for Rime on the Switch (Manager out the blue gave me the $5 card bonus). Got my credit back and got to keep :ps3: Fallout 3 GOTY and :360: Alan Wake for free.

wait, aren't many of us still under the 2k trade limit within 30 rolling days form the previous flipocalypse?  Also, wont this mean that if there is a stealth bump at the end of May, may of us cannot participate? 

wait, aren't many of us still under the 2k trade limit within 30 rolling days form the previous flipocalypse? Also, wont this mean that if there is a stealth bump at the end of May, may of us cannot participate?
Well I didn't wait 30 days from the previous bump before that so I don't know if I am around 2k. Unless somehow it reset to 0 before even 30 days.. idk.

wait, aren't many of us still under the 2k trade limit within 30 rolling days form the previous flipocalypse? Also, wont this mean that if there is a stealth bump at the end of May, may of us cannot participate?
Even if there is a boost, there isn't a 50% bonus plus PUR. Theres also no preorder bonus, now you have to buy games for it. Lots of us don't want to bother to return games so we might sit it out unless its something we want.

Even if there is a boost, there isn't a 50% bonus plus PUR. Theres also no preorder bonus, now you have to buy games for it. Lots of us don't want to bother to return games so we might sit it out unless its something we want.
40/50 bonus for Rime on the Switch until 5/28 which has no release date yet.

I'm asking if trade value from april stealth bump still accumulate into a 30day rolling period not if people are sitting out on this trade promo. can anyone elaborate.

I'm gonna grab some games and hold until next weekend, hoping for a bump.  I may just end up keeping them... there's 3-4 titles I wouldn't mind owning

I take the stickers off but mainly because they can scan the barcode easier and it makes the whole transaction smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back