GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Will our 10% bonus PUR cancel out of the guaranteed $40
No, you get the $40 plus 10% of the base TIV. For example, a $35 base game that is among the guaranteed TIV games would get $43.50 until sometime in December, whenever the month since release is up.

just want to doublecheck, but can I use a $10 off any used game coupon(power up rewards code) and a b2g1 used code(also power up)? I remember saying that it may work, but use it with a game that is at least $10 more expensive than the others so the $10 off coupon doesn't make the game it applies to free. That may have been the birthday coupon IIRC. Just seeing if that's the same with the $ off power up coupons

just want to doublecheck, but can I use a $10 off any used game coupon(power up rewards code) and a b2g1 used code(also power up)? I remember saying that it may work, but use it with a game that is at least $10 more expensive than the others so the $10 off coupon doesn't make the game it applies to free. That may have been the birthday coupon IIRC. Just seeing if that's the same with the $ off power up coupons
Ahhh shit man. I thought you were posting some reason for me to go back to gamestop.

I love how GS advertises that their Cyber Monday deals are going to go all week but the only legit "deal" of the 32 GB Vita memory card at $40 isn't active and back to the way overpriced $80. This is stuff that drove me away from GS and into GCU at BB.

Ever since the new "better values" I couldn't tell you the last time I traded at GameStop. I wonder how they are doing since the change. I know they lost money when they had me as a customer but also gained inventory 😨. I'm just curious if we might see a spike in the trade in values when they start to run low on inventory the closer we get to Christmas.

Does gamestop track what you buy from their store? I'm trading in two of the games I ordered from their site once I receive them instead of cancelling the order since I get points and they won't let me cancel the order myself, anyway

Does gamestop track what you buy from their store? I'm trading in two of the games I ordered from their site once I receive them instead of cancelling the order since I get points and they won't let me cancel the order myself, anyway
As long as they aren't two copies of the same game, they shouldn't care.

Ever since the new "better values" I couldn't tell you the last time I traded at GameStop. I wonder how they are doing since the change. I know they lost money when they had me as a customer but also gained inventory . I'm just curious if we might see a spike in the trade in values when they start to run low on inventory the closer we get to Christmas.
anecdotal but stores seem to be doing just fine. for COD:AW there was a line 100 deep for midnite pickup at two of the ones near me. When I traded in 8 games yesterday at 1pm there was a line of around 7 people ahead of me buying new games and trading in old games.

The only thing I notice is that like 60% of the customers I see are all 360 players, then another maybe 20% ps3. PS4 and xbox one are still a small minority among the gamestop crowd. I pretty much never see anyone else browsing the ps4/xbone sections. This is a pretty rich neighborhood too, I just sort of assume by now like 80% of gamers are on xbone/PS4 (all my friends are) but gamestop smacks that idea right upside the head.

anecdotal but stores seem to be doing just fine. for COD:AW there was a line 100 deep for midnite pickup at two of the ones near me. When I traded in 8 games yesterday at 1pm there was a line of around 7 people ahead of me buying new games and trading in old games.

The only thing I notice is that like 60% of the customers I see are all 360 players, then another maybe 20% ps3. PS4 and xbox one are still a small minority among the gamestop crowd. I pretty much never see anyone else browsing the ps4/xbone sections. This is a pretty rich neighborhood too, I just sort of assume by now like 80% of gamers are on xbone/PS4 (all my friends are) but gamestop smacks that idea right upside the head.
Rich people don't really care about X1/ps4. They're still having fun with gta 5 and cod on last gen consoles. they're rich cause they don't spend all they're time on games.

Whenever I sell stuff on Craigslist I rarely get interest in current gen games. Seems like most people are interested in next gen.

And if you read the Black Friday sales story it appears that most people are now moving on to the newer consoles.
iirc, the NPD numbers show next gen software sales are typically greater too.

People already want ps5 and xbox two huh?
In the context of my post, it's just easier to distinguish the two gen cycles as such. Would it make you happy if I just spelled out PS3/Xbox vs. PS4/XB1?

Hi, the call of duty advance warfare trade offer states "valid till 12/3/14" does that mean i can trade it in tommorow? Kinda confused.

I think I got screwed. My B2G1 coupon didn't print out on my new account or the code isn't working online. I think I might of gotten a $10 extra credit coupon instead. I shouldn't of made another account but I need to get rid of all this copies of Ghost.

Well apparently according to customer support they will no longer print the B2G1 as of 11/25 to another date. Guess I'll return my additional pro membership after I complete my Ghost trade ins.

I did the B2G1 deal tonight and got Persona 4, Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) and Scribblenauts Unlimited (3DS). Might have to go back for the 30% off for some more Vita games as there isn't a bunch under $20 for 3DS as I found out tonight.

I clicked his original image and the site it took me to failed to load the image and popped up a for sure virus ad.
I got male enhancement, what did you get?

I bought another Power Up member ship and the receipt came with another Trade 5 Get $10 code, which is interesting, I wonder if some have another B2G1...

I bought another Power Up member ship and the receipt came with another Trade 5 Get $10 code, which is interesting, I wonder if some have another B2G1...
They stopped printing them. I even posted about it and should of updated that the Customer service rep and cashier said it stopped recently when I tried to return it. I guess it is the death of the double B2G1 coupons.

for some reason that printed code didnt work for me. the manager had to manually add $10 to my trade

How much is the cheapest PS3 there? Mine only reads discs when I use it upside down and even then it freezes often. $40 off could make it worthwhile.

I wonder if that will stack with the B2G1 free. Since that ends 12/4 and the 30% starts 12/4 for PUR members :eek:
That would be amazing. Anyone willing to give this a try tomorrow while I'm stuck at work? :wall:

They stopped printing them. I even posted about it and should of updated that the Customer service rep and cashier said it stopped recently when I tried to return it. I guess it is the death of the double B2G1 coupons.
go11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back