GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got an email showing b2g1 for all pre-owned games, systems, and accessories for wii and ds. I couldn't find anything I wanted online, but did verify it works online with 3 copies of super mario Galaxy 2. It didn't stack with cag16.

DA:I still fetching $40 this morning for all us lazy and/or overstocked folks.

Edit : I 'like' this post

DA:I still fetching $40 this morning for all us lazy and/or overstocked folks.

Edit : I 'like' this post
According to the trade in page, WWE, DA:I, GTA V are guaranteed to 12/17 Weds and SSB is guaranteed until 12/20 Sat. All $40 TIVs plus 10% PUR base. I'd hope they wouldn't change it as I'll be trading in a couple of these tonight.

According to the trade in page, WWE, DA:I, GTA V are guaranteed to 12/17 Weds and SSB is guaranteed until 12/20 Sat. All $40 TIVs plus 10% PUR base. I'd hope they wouldn't change it as I'll be trading in a couple of these tonight.
The fear was that the games being on sale for the pre-Christmas sale would negate the $40 guaranteed-TIV promos since the fine print states that new copies have to be $59.99.

Read the guaranteed TIV fine print and it states offer good as long as the games are priced new at $59.99.
With DA:I on sale technically it no longer qualifies for this offer ... thus the update.

Glad the promo is still in effect. Now if Best Buy will bump some games back up to $40 after the b2g1 ends so I can move some credit back over I'll be happy.

Read the guaranteed TIV fine print and it states offer good as long as the games are priced new at $59.99.
With DA:I on sale technically it no longer qualifies for this offer ... thus the update.
ah, gotcha. I missed the sale notification on those titles.

Anyone know if the B2G1 under $20 is still going on? I looked on the site and they seemed to have removed all the advertising for it. 

edit: I only see B2G1 for Wii / DS games online.

Do you guys think it's fair to leave a negative survey for a hold reservation over a DS game?

Here's my story: I went to go pickup a DS game a couple of days ago that I had received hold confirmations for. When I arrived at the store, the manager said the game wasn't pulled aside and that he only checked to see that it was in stock on the computer before sending the confirmation email to me. He basically said I needed to go through their DS pile to find my own game. For those unfamiliar, all of the cheap DS games are placed in sleeves and randomly sorted within a cardbox display that's placed by the registers.

At this point, I get really annoyed because the whole reservation process is in place to confirm inventory before customers head to a store. If their stock is off due to shrinkage, I could just be wasting my time if I can't find the game myself. The only part I can sympathize with him is that it's a DS game and finding these are not easy. With the holiday crowd, I can understand if the store is too busy to spend time tracking down a cheap DS game for me but it's not like I needed a confirmation within the 2 hours I had submitted the hold request. Hell, I wouldn't have mind if they didn't get around to locating it until the next morning before the store opened. If you don't feel like going through the pile, then just send a rejection notice. I get the confirmation email, show up and wait in line, be told to find it myself, and spend 15 minutes looking for it until I finally find it. Just my luck, it was in the very last box I was looking through but I would have been even more pissed if it was nowhere to be found.

For what it's worth, I've had other stores successfully pull aside cheap DS games for me. This store has been so historically bad with holds that it's not even funny. I'm risking burning bridges with the store manager since he was the guilty party but I feel like something needs to be corrected or this will just continue. Not sure if I should do it or not.

Do you guys think it's fair to leave a negative survey for a hold reservation over a DS game?
If they submitted it as held for you and you went out there then yes I think that's entirely fair. If they don't want to go through all of them then they can put it in as unavailable, they intentionally submitted it as held for their own benefit (I believe that's one of a million things they get judged on).

First off, let me guess--Deer Drive? Or Fullmetal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy? ;)

Second, I think you should do that survey since you say it's been going on for awhile. If nothing is said, nothing will be done to fix it.

Definitely. Someone could have bought it or it might not have been there at all. This is much worse than them just pulling the game from the drawer and not pulling the case off the shelf or sending an item not found when they really do have it.

Went by GS and found a nice copy of NCAA FB 2014 (last one ever) after read earlier thread on scarcity (check EBAY) have been buying 1 for the boys every year, so thsi will finish off our collection.  Sucks new is 29.99 (nowhere to be found) used is 35.99 but the 20% off helped, so $28. 

Lol dem passive aggressive surveys people again. Say something to the manager. Stop hiding behind your keyboard
Derp .... never hide behind the keyboard. I've mentioned to the store on separate occasions about the issues in the past with them often not putting games aside beforehand with their hold reservation process. It just wastes my time to show up if they're not going to do it right in the first place. As I said before, they have historically been bad about this crap. Apparently, they don't take informal feedback pretty well.

All these weak under 20$ preowned promos must be an attempt to clear stock to make more floor space for interactive collectible figures . Between skylanders , infinity , marvel , amiibos , and the soon to come Ubismalls they're gonna need some extra shelf space .
Soon they will have more toys than the average adult bookstore.

FYI--anyone looking for a Diddy Kong or Zelda Amiibo, the manager at my store said they will be getting more in, one day this week. She confirmed 1 of each, and stuck my name on DK. May be worth a shot if you want it, and are on good terms with your peeps.

Here you guys go. I found the online listings for our favorite items.

Item #1

Item #2

Item #3

Item #4

and our favorite item

Funny thing is that these are considered DLC.

This was on the website today too.

attachicon.gif
Capture8.PNG
Mmmmm Taco Bell :drool: I got 2 quesaritos and a mexican pizza on Sunday, thought you guys should know

Sorry but my favorite item is actually the $50 Amazon gc.  Who wants to enter twice as many codes by buying in $25 increments!  I know sometimes there is no choice though.

Here's my story: I went to go pickup a DS game a couple of days ago that I had received hold confirmations for. When I arrived at the store, the manager said the game wasn't pulled aside and that he only checked to see that it was in stock on the computer before sending the confirmation email to me. He basically said I needed to go through their DS pile to find my own game. For those unfamiliar, all of the cheap DS games are placed in sleeves and randomly sorted within a cardbox display that's placed by the registers.
At this point, I get really annoyed because the whole reservation process is in place to confirm inventory before customers head to a store. If their stock is off due to shrinkage, I could just be wasting my time if I can't find the game myself. The only part I can sympathize with him is that it's a DS game and finding these are not easy. With the holiday crowd, I can understand if the store is too busy to spend time tracking down a cheap DS game for me but it's not like I needed a confirmation within the 2 hours I had submitted the hold request. Hell, I wouldn't have mind if they didn't get around to locating it until the next morning before the store opened. If you don't feel like going through the pile, then just send a rejection notice. I get the confirmation email, show up and wait in line, be told to find it myself, and spend 15 minutes looking for it until I finally find it. Just my luck, it was in the very last box I was looking through but I would have been even more pissed if it was nowhere to be found.
For what it's worth, I've had other stores successfully pull aside cheap DS games for me. This store has been so historically bad with holds that it's not even funny. I'm risking burning bridges with the store manager since he was the guilty party but I feel like something needs to be corrected or this will just continue. Not sure if I should do it or not.
I had a similar situation, I had my local GameStop call a store about an hour away and request a game be transferred. They said they would and then a week later, neither my store or the other one could locate the game. Then I saw that a copy had become available at a store about 20 min away, I called and had them hold it. When I arrived, the clerk began to look for it and could also not locate it. I went home and contact GameStop through the website and was contacted through email by the Dm later that night. He sent me the game for free and apologized for my experience. I felt bad because my home store was gonna get in a little bit of trouble, but holding a game is neither hard nor time consuming.

had a somewhat bad experience last week.

I picked up a preowned 3ds game at store A.  I waited in line for over 15 minutes Only 1 cashier, other worker waiting at the office door with another employee not on shift.  The 2 by the door are looking for the keys... Finally tell the cashier and she asks another employee maybe AS level (guess he came from the office) which drawer are the preowned 3ds games.  They spent 5+ minutes looking because he told her the wrong drawer.  They found some 3ds games, but not right one.  Another worker said he put 3 copies into the plastic cases the other day.  I finally got the game, cart only after 30 minutes or so.

In the past I know stores should give you game cases if you bought game from another store.  As I already wasted enough time, I went to another store B.  They had two copies of the case on the shelf.  I grab one and wait on line - did not walk out with it like a worker suggested years ago at this store B.  I explain to the cashier (this guy has been there 2+ years but likely does not recall me) and he's like "No!  Then the next customer won't have a case!" and takes the case from me like I'm a criminal...  Had this been another store not B, I would have asked for the manager but the MOD was the douchebag that's been there for years.

Can you use the Amazon Kindle cards to purchase anything from Amazon.  That would be nice, have a lot of credit at GS, hardly buy games from them anymore with BB GCU

Can you use the Amazon Kindle cards to purchase anything from Amazon. That would be nice, have a lot of credit at GS, hardly buy games from them anymore with BB GCU
Yeeup, Kindle cards can be used for anything on Amazon, even third party sellers.

had a somewhat bad experience last week.

I picked up a preowned 3ds game at store A. I waited in line for over 15 minutes Only 1 cashier, other worker waiting at the office door with another employee not on shift. The 2 by the door are looking for the keys... Finally tell the cashier and she asks another employee maybe AS level (guess he came from the office) which drawer are the preowned 3ds games. They spent 5+ minutes looking because he told her the wrong drawer. They found some 3ds games, but not right one. Another worker said he put 3 copies into the plastic cases the other day. I finally got the game, cart only after 30 minutes or so.

In the past I know stores should give you game cases if you bought game from another store. As I already wasted enough time, I went to another store B. They had two copies of the case on the shelf. I grab one and wait on line - did not walk out with it like a worker suggested years ago at this store B. I explain to the cashier (this guy has been there 2+ years but likely does not recall me) and he's like "No! Then the next customer won't have a case!" and takes the case from me like I'm a criminal... Had this been another store not B, I would have asked for the manager but the MOD was the douchebag that's been there for years.
In situations like that I usually get on my "let's philosophize together" voice and plainly and succinctly (usually via socratic method) get them to realize and admit that no one customer is better than any other and I also am a customer , one who has in fact already given the store money for said game and shouldn't I be deserving of the same level of care and customer service that they are giving the proverbial "other customer" -- usually by them admitting that, they promptly turn over said case. If all else fails, just say "hey look a distraction" and point to their used PS2 section and make a break for it shouting "the case in mine mwhahahaha".

(Disclaimer: I in no way claim any responsibility for your reliance upon and acting upon that second point - it was merely anecdotal and not intended to condone or support theft in any way, shape, or form)

In situations like that I usually get on my "let's philosophize together" voice and plainly and succinctly (usually via socratic method) get them to realize and admit that no one customer is better than any other and I also am a customer , one who has in fact already given the store money for said game and shouldn't I be deserving of the same level of care and customer service that they are giving the proverbial "other customer" -- usually by them admitting that, they promptly turn over said case. If all else fails, just say "hey look a distraction" and point to their used PS2 section and make a break for it shouting "the case in mine mwhahahaha".

(Disclaimer: I in no way claim any responsibility for your reliance upon and acting upon that second point - it was merely anecdotal and not intended to condone or support theft in any way, shape, or form)
So you are basically saying "snatch it and run but dont tell them that it was on my advice" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back