GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea what the old 3DS XL is going for in trade now that the promo is over? Trying to decide if it's worth return-rebuy when my Monster Hunter 3DS arrives later today or if it's just better to sell it elsewhere. The values for them are pretty depressed now, though

SI
I would guess that there may be a coupon or something coming up. Let the new one sell some more, than they may need to replenish some stock of the old ones.

I'm probably just going to keep my old 3DS unless the TIV goes up. Gives me a way to play Pokemon at the office, so win win.

A few local gamestops showed dokapon kingdom for Wii in stock but all were disk only. Was there a reprint I missed?
It was held back stock. What gamestop does is they hold back new copies of games because they make more on used. Once a game becomes "rare", they gut it and sell new copies as preowned. Same thing happened with Lair and Xeonoblade. -This is all according to a manager, so take it with a grain of salt.

It doesn't make sense to me unless they get some type of discount/buyback from the publisher or distributor. Maybe they are not allowed to sell "new" items above msrp?

It was held back stock. What gamestop does is they hold back new copies of games because they make more on used. Once a game becomes "rare", they gut it and sell new copies as preowned. Same thing happened with Lair and Xeonoblade. -This is all according to a manager, so take it with a grain of salt.

It doesn't make sense to me unless they get some type of discount/buyback from the publisher or distributor. Maybe they are not allowed to sell "new" items above msrp?
You should bold that in case people miss it. It's not true. The reprint had new discs and no original case, artwork, or manual. The discs from the old one were black and white. The new ones were colored. Just like Xenoblade and Fire Emblem.

Is Gamestop still doing the $125 trade in towards a Ps4?

If so, is anything stopping me from buying 3 Ps3s from Cowboom and trading them in?

Is Gamestop still doing the $125 trade in towards a Ps4?

If so, is anything stopping me from buying 3 Ps3s from Cowboom and trading them in?
Yes.

Technically, no, but it would look really suspicious if you traded in three PS3s in one transaction, unless you claimed they were from friends or something like that. You also risk an account ban (possibly temporary) if your activity indicates you might be a reseller.

Yes.

Technically, no, but it would look really suspicious if you traded in three PS3s in one transaction, unless you claimed they were from friends or something like that. You also risk an account ban (possibly temporary) if your activity indicates you might be a reseller.
I'll be okay on the Gamestop end, 2 childhood friends work at my local store.

I'm adverse to paying full price for anything since I've come to this site.

I'm considering trading in my 3DS XL for the $70, but can I use it on gift cards there? I basically don't want the GS credit as I very rarely shop there.

Any gs credit makers? I need a bunch of trade credit as I plan on return/rebuy some online orders. That or if anyone has trade credit and/or $off any purchase coupons PM me.

You should bold that in case people miss it. It's not true. The reprint had new discs and no original case, artwork, or manual. The discs from the old one were black and white. The new ones were colored. Just like Xenoblade and Fire Emblem.
I haven't heard about that in regards to Nintendo games. Some of Xenoblade copies I saw around the "reprint" time looked brand new. The case, cover art, manual looked fine. Metroid Prime Trilogy I know had a regular Wii case and cover art (no steelbook with slipcover).

I know other obscure jrpgs published by aksys xseed atlus or whomever had black and white manuals and/or different colored art on the game disc.

In very strange news, my friendly store manager told me today that Gamestops are now accepting PS2 console trade ins again, and said the value is around $25. He said they're not selling them in stores, but shipping them out. I figured there must be some demand online for them, but he said he really doesn't know what they're doing with them.

*shrugs*

In very strange news, my friendly store manager told me today that Gamestops are now accepting PS2 console trade ins again, and said the value is around $25. He said they're not selling them in stores, but shipping them out. I figured there must be some demand online for them, but he said he really doesn't know what they're doing with them.

*shrugs*
Someone posted something about this in the ps2 thread. Going to post what you said there too.

This probably ain't the right thread but did anyone pre order dragonball xenoverse and know for sure that you're getting the steelbook case?

The dream lives on. X360 adapters still being taken for the same trade of $24 trade ~x360 S model but the E model is slightly less. I'm reporting the E model trade value because it's $22 base.

I'll be okay on the Gamestop end, 2 childhood friends work at my local store.

I'm adverse to paying full price for anything since I've come to this site.
PS3 has to be above 120 GB, all of the ones on Cowboom are $120 for that size. You're not really saving any money in the end.

I keep doing the math, and is there any point to be hyped about having a buy2 get 1 free coupon? The price total comes out to the same as me buying them individually using PRO+Birthday coupon, so I just view it as a useless coupon. Is there any redeeming quality for it at all or should I just toss it away? Thanks.

I keep doing the math, and is there any point to be hyped about having a buy2 get 1 free coupon? The price total comes out to the same as me buying them individually using PRO+Birthday coupon, so I just view it as a useless coupon. Is there any redeeming quality for it at all or should I just toss it away? Thanks.
Well you can buy 3 games at once without the hassle of trying to use the Bday coupon 3 times. Also you can stack the Bday coupon if after the discount on one another game is still less to get free.

What did your ban from trading there just end?
What did your ban from trading there just end?
most of my accounts have been banned for violation of the ToU or ToS but yea my ban ended in the beginning of 2015
Less transactions, less abuse of the birthday coupon.

No, don't throw it away - I'll take it.

most of my accounts have been banned for violation of the ToU or ToS but yea my ban ended in the beginning of 2015
lol that's just what I thought. Trading in not too common items like a power supply with any regularity will cause that. It will be even more risky with the new POS update going forward.

I'm not sure if it was the new POS or my inability to count to 4 but my main account has been flagged. Thanks a lot 360 slim power cords.

Nvm thought you said ps vita and ac adapter form some reason.

It probably is required.

I'm not sure if it was the new POS or my inability to count to 4 but my main account has been flagged. Thanks a lot 360 slim power cords.
Honestly with the new POS and their more aggressive monitoring of activity I wouldn't trade in more than 1 or 2 of any same item in a 1 month period or more than 4 of the same item in a 6 month period or else you will put yourself at risk

I have a question and i hope someone can help me. The money off coupon gamestop glitch works with the money off preowned games or money off any gamestop item?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back