GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop completely sucks. Project Cars came out on the 12th and the trade-in is only $25. I tried to just return it, opened but unmarked, but of course they wouldn't take it. "We can't sell it as new if it's been opened". They didn't really care for me much after I pointed out that they sell open-case product as new all the time when they sell a display copy! Really getting sick of this company! thankfully there was a store right next door that gave me $41 for it...
I suppose if your still mad at Gamestop for not returning your opened game you could buy a ps4 copy and double stack the bday coupon then trade it into target for 60$ to make up the difference plus some .

Here are 4 games listed on one of my email accounts they sent

Borderlands Handsome Jack PS4 35.00

Dragonball Z Xenoverse Xbox one 30.00

Sniper Elite III PS4 17.50

Driveclub 15.00

How much was Halo's base TIV? $25?
Base was 20, then a 5 dollar bump and 2 PUR. It worked out pretty well for me; I was going to go to Best Buy as they offered more but chose not to make the trip. Ended up coming out ahead.

Oh wow I was not paying attention at all. I did get a boost on my trade ins.

Lego Batman 3DS got me 13.40(9+.90+3.50) :hot:
Luigi's Mansion got me 27(20+2+5)

Forza Horizon 2 got me 33(30+3) No boost.

Lego Batman 3DS is $8/$6.40(GCU) at BB so its pretty much a double credit flip.

Nvm they raised the price back to $10. Still a good flip though.

Hopefully the app updates values tomorrow. I may dump a bunch of stuff and rebuy later on.

Oh wow I was not paying attention at all. I did get a boost on my trade ins.

Lego Batman 3DS got me 13.40(9+.90+3.50) :hot:

Forza Horizon 2 got me 33(30+3) No boost.

Lego Batman 3DS is $8/$6.40(GCU) at BB so its pretty much a double credit flip.
Son of a--! I hit my GCU limit on Lego Batman 3 and I traded in my 3rd copy on Sunday. :wall:

Someone needs to start compiling a list of these bonus TIVs.
kk,

:3ds:

Zelda Ocarina of Time $35

Super Smash Brothers $27.50

Kid Icarus $25

Fire Emblem Awakening $25

Shin Megami Tensei IV $15
Lego Batman 3 $13.40 (9+.9+3.50)

:wii:

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn $40

Xenoblade Chronices $40

Super Mario All Stars $40

Mario Party 9 $35

LoZ: Skyward Sword $35

Kirby Return to Dreamland $30

Super Mario Galaxy 2 $20

:wiiu:

Mario Kart 8 $40

Super Smash Bros $40

Pikmin 3 $40

Hyrule Warriors $35

Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze $30
:ps4:

GTA V $40

Borderlands Handsome Collection $35

Bloodborne $30

Last Of Us Remastered $25

Dying Light $25

FIFA 15 $25

Far Cry 4 $20

Sinper Elite 3 $17.50

Driveclub $15

:xb1:

GTA V $40

Mortal Kombat X $35

Forza Horizon 2 $30

Dragonball Z Xenoverse $30

NHL 15 ($30 or $25)

FIFA 15 $25

EA UFC $20

Destiny $20

Diablo UE $17.50

:ps3:

Destiny $20

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix $12.50

:360:

GTA V $17.50

Something tells me that they are not going to update values and will instead add to the base value to update the price. I will know for sure when I trade my extra MK8 in later today if I only get 43.50 instead of 44. Leave it to GameStop to have a promo where you don't get to know how much extra they will really give you for all of your games (except for 4). Also the only thing I have to add is:

Super Mario All-stars - Wii $40

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire are getting $25.30 according to the website. Is there a $5 promo per game right now?
It's not specifically $5 for all games. It's completely arbitrary. I got 3.50 extra for lego batman, 5 extra for luigis mansion, and nothing extra forza horizon 2.

I don't think that's what happened, but remain ignorant and make rude assumptions if you want. Most Gamestops sell gutted new copies of games even on release, where the game is "new" yet opened. They slap a "new" price sticker on the box, and sell the game at MSRP which is a scummy move. Even if you purchase a gutted game and attempt to return it as new, they will refuse which questionable considering that you are trying to return a game under the same definition that they have for "new" games. I assume that's what happened to the person you mocked.
No point arguing about it. There are dummies that support this and will defend it as being a legitimate good move on game stops part until they are blue in the face

Anyone see anything for Far Cry 4? Trades in for $18.70 with pur, might be worth dumping if there is a $3.50 or $5 bonus. The witcher 3 will be taking over my video game life.

Weird thing happened yesterday. Traded in LEGO Movie 3DS and Shadow of Mordor PS4. Got $14 for SoM but $14 for LEGO Movie though it only trades in for $7. Tried to see if there was a promotion going on but couldn't find any info on it. Either way, used the b-day coupon and a B2G1 free coupon to get AC4, AC Unity and Watch Dogs for $6 after the trade.

Another heads up..if you donate to the make a wish foundation during check out..I received a 10% off preowned coupon from 6/1 - 6/7. It says cannot be combined with any other offer.

Does anybody know if you can use a reward certificate from another powerup account? My brother in law gave me a $5 reward certificate and I was planning on using it with my account.

[quote name="bige562" post="12704054" timestamp="1432401873"]Does anybody know if you can use a reward certificate from another powerup account? My brother in law gave me a $5 reward certificate and I was planning on using it with my account.[/quote]
Yes, you can.

An employee printed off a list for me with all the values this weekend. They expire on Monday, I will link the list once I get it scanned in to my computer.

Weird thing happened yesterday. Traded in LEGO Movie 3DS and Shadow of Mordor PS4. Got $14 for SoM but $14 for LEGO Movie though it only trades in for $7. Tried to see if there was a promotion going on but couldn't find any info on it. Either way, used the b-day coupon and a B2G1 free coupon to get AC4, AC Unity and Watch Dogs for $6 after the trade.
Gamestop is doing that email promotion where it says your games are worth $XXX. Mines shows GTA5 for $40 xb1, Marvel Ultimate Gold for $25 xb360, Fifa 15 for 25 (PS3) and wwe 2k15 for 20 PS4.

Another heads up..if you donate to the make a wish foundation during check out..I received a 10% off preowned coupon from 6/1 - 6/7. It says cannot be combined with any other offer.
Sucka! Bday coupon is twice as good & it's free! Lol skip the middle man & donate to the MaW foundation...why should GS take the credit?

An employee printed off a list for me with all the values this weekend. They expire on Monday, I will link the list once I get it scanned in to my computer.
I'm eagerly waiting for that list lol
I just came back from trading in Luigis Mansion for $27, but I'll trade more for the right value...any gems?

Solid credit mover would be :xb1: Halo MCC at $25 base + $2 PUR. They sell for $27.01 new with Prime on Amazon. 

Edit:
Probably wouldn't arrive in time so nvm.

[quote name="Bobby's Universe" post="12704161" timestamp="1432408164"]Sucka! Bday coupon is twice as good & it's free! Lol skip the middle man & donate to the MaW foundation...why should GS take the credit?[/quote]
Doesn't the bday coupon end on the 31st of May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back