GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I frequent the Bolingbrook, IL and Naperville, IL location. I'm signed up for their monthly emails with occasional other sales. They always give me at least a $2 off $10 coupon every month.
cool, another cag near me. I go to those stores a lot because there trade values and cash are lot higher than gamestop most of the time.

cool, another cag near me. I go to those stores a lot because there trade values and cash are lot higher than gamestop most of the time.
Nice! I frequent the Countryside location quite a bit. There prices are high on retro stuff, but occasionally, I can find a good deal there. They offer decent buy backs. The manager Alex is awesome!

So then...its been 2 months and a bit and Im still banned from trading in at Gamestop. The prompt comes up that says "This customer has exceeded his trade limit ...blah blah". Does anyone know how long this is supposed to last? Has this happened to anyone before?

I got this ban for trading in 8 ps2s that I picked up from thrifting over the last couple years back in march when they announced they were taking ps2s again. I called customer service and they said "loss prevention department" would contact me with further instructions. They never did. I tried calling again and they still never got back to me, so Im just wondering if anyone has gone through this before.

I understand this is about stolen goods but none of my goods were stolen. 

So then...its been 2 months and a bit and Im still banned from trading in at Gamestop. The prompt comes up that says "This customer has exceeded his trade limit ...blah blah". Does anyone know how long this is supposed to last? Has this happened to anyone before?

I got this ban for trading in 8 ps2s that I picked up from thrifting over the last couple years back in march when they announced they were taking ps2s again. I called customer service and they said "loss prevention department" would contact me with further instructions. They never did. I tried calling again and they still never got back to me, so Im just wondering if anyone has gone through this before.

Yeah, I've been through it once. They banned me for a year. I just went and got a family member to trade stuff for me. Trying to go through the hoops with loss prevention on the phone didn't work at all because they didn't believe that I bought 6 copies of CoD Ghosts through legit means and traded them all in such a short window of time (two weeks) despite supplying them with my receipts.

Nah it's not about stolen goods. They copy down the serial number for that purpose. It's for "loss prevention". The trade in is intended for individuals to trade back their unwanted consoles/games, not for resellers/dealers to dump their unwanted inventory. In your case, you crossed the line and thus got banned. I think it could be from 3 months to a year and I don't think calling them would be much of help since you are not banned by mistake.

In case you don't know, if you trade 4 of the same games on the same platform in a month, you will get red flagged. The 5th will get you banned. The same goes for accessories I believe. I'm not sure about systems, but I believe it should be the same as well.

The POS auto bans can be anywhere from 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, to a year long. Unless LP is involved then it will be a hard ban and only they can resolve it.

Darn, I had been waiting for a money-making opportunity at GS for some time now, somehow this thread was never on the front page when I looked over the weekend either (though that wasn't much).  Oh well, here's to hoping they'll do the same on a non-holiday weekend sometime soon.  Baby needs a new pair of Amazon shoes and I'm running dry on credit at GS/BB/Amazon :D

So a GS employee took it on to his own hands to renew my PRO membership without even asking me, just took my points and bam renewed my membership...

Seriously WTF !!!! My membership is still good for another 4 months.. 

Corporate really need to keep member access out of employees hands, when ever they scan your card or have access to your personal info on their POS system

So a GS employee took it on to his own hands to renew my PRO membership without even asking me, just took my points and bam renewed my membership...

Corporate really need to keep member access out of employees hands, when ever they scan your card or have access to your personal info on their POS system
That might be illegal.

He probably just wanted the renewal to improve the his/her performance. You can give a negative review and get it undone hopefully. Totally agree on the information. I hate that crap and am generally paranoid at my local store for various reasons none of them good.

Pretty sure if I undo it, I'm going to lose my points... 

Not that I really care, since I can just rake up more points by trading in some crap I found on Amazon...  Now I'm stucking using my B2G1 coupon on buying games to flip back for credit/points. The problem is every f***in time I go into a GS they scan my card and say wow you sure have a lot of points and how are you going to spend those points questions...

Really I go to Best Buy and they don't access my account like they do at GS... At BB, they don't even ask for my full name either, I like my membership privacy !!!

Pretty sure if I undo it, I'm going to lose my points...

Not that I really care, since I can just rake up more points by trading in some crap I found on Amazon... Now I'm stucking using my B2G1 coupon on buying games to flip back for credit/points. The problem is every f***in time I go into a GS they scan my card and say wow you sure have a lot of points and how are you going to spend those points questions...

Really I go to Best Buy and they don't access my account like they do at GS... At BB, they don't even ask for my full name either, I like my membership privacy !!!
The best part is when you have a lot of credit and the store is full and the employee just loudly tells you how much credit/money you have left.

The best part is when you have a lot of credit and the store is full and the employee just loudly tells you how much credit/money you have left.
this is why i go to the whitest/suburban neighborhood gs now, with police car park outside it, and private security right outside it. if i am making a big purchase. plus, if someone steals your gs pro card with your credit on it, there is nothing gs can do.

this is why i go to the whitest/suburban neighborhood gs now, with police car park outside it, and private security right outside it. if i am making a big purchase. plus, if someone steals your gs pro card with your credit on it, there is nothing gs can do.
You can only get refunded what's left on the card. You just gotta hope you can report it fast enough before they drain it. Well that's of course if they don't tie you up and throw you in the trunk

You can only get refunded what's left on the card. You just gotta hope you can report it fast enough before they drain it. Well that's of course if they don't tie you up and throw you in the trunk
i doubt most people who gets your pro card with credit on it is not going to drain it, because gs never requires id, with making purchase with pur pro card on credit.

Contact customer service and the district manager.

They must be pushing using points as a way to renew pur . It's a good idea since most casual shoppers aren't aware points can be redeemed for coupons etc. The last time I was in store they commented on my point total and then said nvm when they saw I was already renewed through 2018 on that account from when we were getting 2 b2g1 coupons for renewing .

Man that sucks...last time i went in the employee asked me "you have over 20,000 points. Are you saving those for something?" I told him that after my trade ins that day, I will redeem them for a $25 off coupon and he didn't press on. 

Also, can you use a $ off coupon on a controller that's already on sale for the week?

If you're not hard banned forever I would give it a try. Come around more often while you're at it.
Aww you miss me? I'm pretty sure when they wipe your account it's a hard ban. :) Obviously there are ways around this but driving a 12mpg Jeep makes it not worth it. I wish the local Gamestop had a higher turn over rate.

We should make a facebook group for cag so we can all be bff's.
Then we would have plenty of wanking material.

That is where I troll these days. Fox news posts are pretty fun.

Too gay?

We have had long discussions about employees loudly saying your card total and the looks you get when its several hundred, sucks they can spend points for you know, would definitely call Corp

It's been such a long time since I've seen a bonus there... I can't remember... do they tank values before the promotion like Best Buy does?

Whenever employees comment about my point balance I always say I'm waiting for it to hit 7 digits which I'm really curious if it does.  Anyone know for sure?  I'm about half way there and only have two Gamestops in town so I know surely those of you in big cities have racked up much more.  I also tell them I'm waiting for another free Vita coupon or the like which sadly hasn't happened that I'm aware of.

Usually base values tank to under $30 for the top games.  You should still come out ahead with the bonus though as that has been the case most of the time in the past.

Nice, was going to trade in :pS3: controller Monday. Now I can get $7 more. Also going to trade this 500 GB harddrive in if the TIV doesn't drop. $64 is a no brainer since external drives work on a :360: now

Also there is a 30% trade in bonus at BB too. OP edited it in. 

Gamestop and Best Buy trade in bonus promo at the same damn time   =P~  :whee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Y39QnwRvY

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back